New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

I wonder if Captain Genocide's bankai can chain at all. I mean, if Bach brings him back, can he still use his bankai? That'd be... kinda powerful.
    Tarvek needs to die in a fire.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Somehow, I feel like maybe Kubo did too.
    I dunno what disappoints me more: The fact that I don't find that surprising, or that it's probably the truth.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Who the Hueco is Captain Musician? I know we got three new captains now, so probably one of them, since the old ones I know all the nicknames of.

Spoiler
    Show
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

4. - Top - End - #244
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Who the Hueco is Captain Musician? I know we got three new captains now, so probably one of them, since the old ones I know all the nicknames of.

Spoiler
    Show
    He's one of the Vizard. He's often just called Rose.
    This guy:
    Spoiler
    Show

He wields a whip.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    I like Fred. I shall make him an honorary Pimpsquatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    I love Fred because he returned from the dead in a form that doesn't hunger for the flesh of the living! Also, he's a nice guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MageOfCakes View Post
    You're chibi and that's awesome. n_n

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

I think that would be Rose from the vizard (who got back to being the 3rd division captain)
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

6. - Top - End - #246
    Colossus in the Playground

I actually feel bad for Komamura, to a degree. He is the only person of any consequence to be beaten by his bankai, which is also the worst bankai.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Its nice to see that someone is stepping up to refocus the captain's whining. (Let's admit it that's they are doing) Though it is a surprise its the womanizing captain. Other good names for the chapter would have Afternath or Fallout.
    Wizard's First Rule: People will believe anything, either because they want it to be true, or they are afraid it is true.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordRahl6 View Post
    Its nice to see that someone is stepping up to refocus the captain's whining. (Let's admit it that's they are doing) Though it is a surprise its the womanizing captain. Other good names for the chapter would have Afternath or Fallout.
    Why is it a surprise that it is Kyoraku? Who would be a more natural leader? I suppose I might have gone for Captain Consumption.

9. - Top - End - #249

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    Why is it a surprise that it is Kyoraku? Who would be a more natural leader? I suppose I might have gone for Captain Consumption.
    Kyoraku's an (awesome) lazy bum.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordRahl6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Kyoraku's an (awesome) lazy bum.
    since all these posts handle the same subject:

it's simple why it's him. 1st: he is (one of) te oldest captains in the Gotei 13. This gives him seniority and a position to be respected in. 2nd: he remains somehwat distant in his affairs (unless you are a girl, then he might be *ahem* a bit more approachable *ahem*). Even though he is a lazy bum, he know what shoudl happen and has never had real chaos rule his squad. It has always been neatly organized. This indicates that he has leadership skills (in particular delegating tasks). I did expect to see Ukitake with him on the HRM front of Seireitei management for the rest the chapter was fairly nonexistent in stuff happening.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

11. - Top - End - #251
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yeah, but he's also a veteran officer and one of the old man's favorites. He doesn't stress about anything less than the really important things.

I will also note that during the Ryoka invasion, Kyoraku was the only Captain who actually successfully stopped his target. And the only reason it took him longer than a minute or so was because he was trying for a peaceful solution.

Plus, you know, he has excellent fashion sense. How could I possibly not find him my favorite captain?

(Personal hope? Kyoraku beats the hell out of Bach at some point.

"Hey there. My name is Kyoraku Shunsui, pleased to meet you. Normally, I'd offer you a drink, try to resolve this reasonably. Unfortunately, you killed the closest thing I have to a father. So... Bankai."

I am aware that it will probably just end up being Ichigo responsible for the end fight with Bach, but a man can dream.)
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maugan Ra View Post
    Yeah, but he's also a veteran officer and one of the old man's favorites. He doesn't stress about anything less than the really important things.

I will also note that during the Ryoka invasion, Kyoraku was the only Captain who actually successfully stopped his target. And the only reason it took him longer than a minute or so was because he was trying for a peaceful solution.

Plus, you know, he has excellent fashion sense. How could I possibly not find him my favorite captain?

(Personal hope? Kyoraku beats the hell out of Bach at some point.

"Hey there. My name is Kyoraku Shunsui, pleased to meet you. Normally, I'd offer you a drink, try to resolve this reasonably. Unfortunately, you killed the closest thing I have to a father. So... Bankai."

I am aware that it will probably just end up being Ichigo responsible for the end fight with Bach, but a man can dream.)
    Kubo seems to like him a lot, so there's a good chance that you'll get to see him beat the crap out of Bach's second-in-command at least.

I've got to admit, I have always liked that guy (he's my second-favorite captain behind Kenpachi), and Kubo's errors usually stop short of characterization problems with his existing cast, so I expect to continue liking him as the story develops.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Kubo seems to like him a lot, so there's a good chance that you'll get to see him beat the crap out of Bach's second-in-command at least.

I've got to admit, I have always liked that guy (he's my second-favorite captain behind Kenpachi), and Kubo's errors usually stop short of characterization problems with his existing cast, so I expect to continue liking him as the story develops.
    I'll never forgive Kubo for worfing Kenpachi. There, I said it.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    I'll never forgive Kubo for worfing Kenpachi. There, I said it.
    I don't think anybody will, because everyone I've seen/heard has had the same reaction to his off-screen beating.
    I personally think Kenpachi, at the very least, will pull through, because now he's in a state of extreme weakness and this may finally be the thing that'll get him to communicate with his Zanpakuto, and kick some moar ass!

15. - Top - End - #255
    Firbolg in the Playground

I could forgive Kubo for having Kenpachi get beaten. It's the entirely offscreen part of it that I don't much like. Or that anybody much likes, as far as I can tell.

Hell, it wasn't even used to justify the strength of the Big Bad, so it wasn't even a proper Worfing, since it turned out this was just some idiot Sternritter.

Incidentally, on the subject of Ichigo's horrible Frankenstein power set... he's not human, if we're classing Quincy as a distinct sub-species at least. Which kinda robs him of, well, a fairly major aspect of his character.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

my problem with the frankenset is the following:

shinigami is supposed to be a special snowflake among spirits. Vizard are special snowflakes among the shinigami (snowflake squared if you will), quincy are a snowflakes among humans (2 left before Ichigo: Ishida and ryuuken), Fullbring is, you guessed it, also a special snowflake ability.

so what we're left is: snowflake^4. Well, snowflakes are defined by the quincy becuase they are easiest: 2 out of roughly 6bln people. so (2/(6*10^9))^7 = 4,57247371*10^-67 (thank you google)

that means odds of 2,18700*10^66:1 or 1 in 3,64500*10^56 times our world population. This elicits a 'yeah right' response of me

Disclaimer: yeah, it's shoddy statistics, but even with lesser numbers it would still work out as being extremely improbable...
    Last edited by Socratov; 2012-11-09 at 07:29 AM.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    Disclaimer: yeah, it's shoddy statistics, but even with lesser numbers it would still work out as being extremely improbable...
    Heroes are statistical anomalies. Except maybe in places like Azeroth and Paragon City.
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2012-11-09 at 08:00 AM.
    Truth resists simplicity.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    Heroes are statistical anomalies. Except maybe in places like Azeroth and Paragon City.
    true, but those odds mostly fall within numbers wich we actually have words for instead of just representations like the scientificmethod (and usually those odds are like 1 in a million or something). this is a whole other story... this is not a statistical anomaly, but a statistical impossibility...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Some clarifications here. Ichigo got his Soul Reaper powers because his dad is a high level Soul Reaper. It makes a Ichgo a "true blood". Basically he inherited those powers. As for being a Visored, any Soul Reaper can become a Visored. Ichigo happened to do it because of the way he gained access to his Soul Reaper powers and it allowed his inner hollow out. The fullbring abilites are actually tied to Ichigo's inner hollow. Any Quincy abilites Ichigo may have come from his mother and so are inherited as well.

Think of it this way. If Romeo and Juliet had survived the play and had a kid, it would have been Ichigo. Someone with the power from both sides of his family.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Shunsui being a level headed veteran and one of the oldest members seems to make the most sense for the next captain commander

Not to mention there is not really anyone else that fits

Captain Tuberculosis is just as much a veteran, but too sick for the job,
    Captain Mom seems good but seems to prefer the side lines,
    Byakuya may not fully recover
    The Vizards have all been out of touch with SS for too long
    Kenpachi is kenpachi
    Hitsuygaya is too young
    Komamura is too weak
    Soi fon is weak and more of a spy
    Mayuri is a nut case

So who else is there?

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    my problem with the frankenset is the following:

shinigami is supposed to be a special snowflake among spirits. Vizard are special snowflakes among the shinigami (snowflake squared if you will), quincy are a snowflakes among humans (2 left before Ichigo: Ishida and ryuuken), Fullbring is, you guessed it, also a special snowflake ability.

so what we're left is: snowflake^4. Well, snowflakes are defined by the quincy becuase they are easiest: 2 out of roughly 6bln people. so (2/(6*10^9))^7 = 4,57247371*10^-67 (thank you google)

that means odds of 2,18700*10^66:1 or 1 in 3,64500*10^56 times our world population. This elicits a 'yeah right' response of me

"A 10% chance is unlikely, but everyone knows that a 1 in 3,64500*10^56 chance is a sure thing"
    Last edited by slayerx; 2012-11-09 at 09:05 AM.

21. - Top - End - #261

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    Shunsui being a level headed veteran and one of the oldest members seems to make the most sense for the next captain commander

Not to mention there is not really anyone else that fits

Captain Tuberculosis is just as much a veteran, but too sick for the job,
    Captain Mom seems good but seems to prefer the side lines,
    Byakuya may not fully recover
    The Vizards have all been out of touch with SS for too long
    Kenpachi is kenpachi
    Hitsuygaya is too young
    Komamura is too weak
    Soi fon is weak and more of a spy
    Mayuri is a nut case

So who else is there?
    <insert Kubo pulling an overpowered Div 0 member out of his arse>

I agree with your assessment, but I also feel that there isn't a rock bottom for Kubo to hit, so... -I suspect that he's just going to keep on digging.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

22. - Top - End - #262

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian_Emrys View Post
    <insert Kubo pulling an overpowered Div 0 member out of his arse>
    That actually wouldn't be ass pull at this point. We saw captain being promoted to 0 squad long time ago, and it was again mentioned in this very arc.

Also, I demand that fullbring isn't canon until it is referred in this arc.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    Those don't count for the simple reason that you need an entire army of those "heroes" (at least in Azeroth) to take down major villains, and in the end the big story revolves around the NPCs.

This is why I love the "personal story" thing in Guild Wars 2 so much.

...on another note, does this mean Yachiru will temporarily take up Kenpachi's captain duties?
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2012-11-09 at 10:41 AM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Elhann View Post
    Doesn't really matter when Quincy Pirate Girl has been hit by enough kido fireballs. If he doesn't have even shikai, he can bite her face off or something. Since he survived (and QPG probably retreated to Quincy Land), he could have done something similar. We'll see how their rematch goes.

Ok, then she can trick her opponent to use the Banzooka, flash step out of the way, and once the quincy is exhausted (she could just use the banzooka a few times a day, the quincy might get tired before) she can kick his nuts with her flashy technique which is the reason of leaving her shoulders without clothing, and slit his throat with her unreleased sword. Colateral damage is an issue, but then, the Quincy pretty much destroyed Soul Society anyways.

My point is that other than Byakuya, the other captains losing their bankais wasn't a HUUUUGE deal. Not ideal, and quite brainless (but then, other than Mad Scientist, planning things is not any Captain's strong point) but not the end of the world, regarding their duels. Giving the enemy mass destruction tools probably sped up Soul Society being overrun.

More on this:
    Losing their bankais is not that bad for at least a couple more of Captains. Mad Scientist is probably immune to his freaky caterpillar baby poison, and the Quincy releasing it wouldn't be. He would get a laugh out of it.
    If Drunky's is something like his shikai, he probably has more experience with his sword's games than Cool Moustache or any other quincy. We saw in his fight against Starrk that he was at risk from his shikai, and he's not above using any advantage available. As long as Cap. Tuberculosis doesn't distract him...

To be honest, nobody could blame you. I know Doggie's real name is Komamura, but I'd have to look Musician's to know it. He is a tertiary character at best. At this point, I don't think anyone expects Kubo would remember such an inconsequential character, either.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Surprisingly, I seem to remember it. He's Love Aikawa, isn't he?
    The good thing about the Vizards is that their names were ridiculous enough to be memorable. Until I forget combat knife guy again. :P
    On a more general note, I call Captain Unohana for next candidate to release his/her Bankai. And go down in a blaze of glory, unless it's for training purposes or something (since Ichigo doesn't know every technique invented yet). Training in the middle of war, why not. We did it when Aizen was this close to destroing the world, after all. Otherwise, she's too competent and/or old to be allowed to survive. Plus she's been in the sidelines for too long.
    Speaking of the world being destroyed, that's still an issue, isn't it? Or did the Quincies "fix" the balance (a la Mad Scientist) when they razed SS?

25. - Top - End - #265
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    ...on another note, does this mean Yachiru will temporarily take up Kenpachi's captain duties?
    Oh man, I didn't even consider this. I'm calling it now, Yachiru and Kenpachi tagteam fight at the final battle.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dante & Vergil View Post
    Oh man, I didn't even consider this. I'm calling it now, Yachiru and Kenpachi tagteam fight at the final battle.
    ...Shiver-inducing, to say the least.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Surprisingly, I seem to remember it. He's Love Aikawa, isn't he?
    The good thing about the Vizards is that their names were ridiculous enough to be memorable. Until I forget combat knife guy again. :P
    On a more general note, I call Captain Unohana for next candidate to release his/her Bankai. And go down in a blaze of glory, unless it's for training purposes or something (since Ichigo doesn't know every technique invented yet). Training in the middle of war, why not. We did it when Aizen was this close to destroing the world, after all. Otherwise, she's too competent and/or old to be allowed to survive. Plus she's been in the sidelines for too long.
    Speaking of the world being destroyed, that's still an issue, isn't it? Or did the Quincies "fix" the balance (a la Mad Scientist) when they razed SS?
    Love Aikawa was the captain of the 7th Division (which is now Foxhead's position) and he has not been reinstated, as the only former captain amongst the Vizard. The one the other people are calling Captain Musician here is Rojuro, or Rose, the one with the blonde hair and ibis mask. Love Aikawa was the guy with the starfro and shades who wore a tracksuit.

On part of spiritual balance, the Quincies probably made it worse, as Hueco Mundo and Soul Society are on the same side of the spiritual scales. (The real world is on the other side of the scales and Hell is outside of the scales.)
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2012-11-09 at 11:24 AM.

28. - Top - End - #268

Quote Originally Posted by Dante & Vergil View Post
    That reminds me, what is WITH Yachiru anyway? She has a big ole kitty shaped reiatsu aura, but she's done literally nothing.

My personaly theory is that she's Kenpachi's zanpakto, so powerful it's able to summon it's human form into the real world.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    That reminds me, what is WITH Yachiru anyway? She has a big ole kitty shaped reiatsu aura, but she's done literally nothing.

My personaly theory is that she's Kenpachi's zanpakto, so powerful it's able to summon it's human form into the real world.
    That would sound logical if it weren't for the fact that Yachiru has a zanpakuto of her own.

Unless it's an ordinary sword that is claimed to be one, but presumably there are ways to know if a sword is a zanpakuto or not.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

I don't think anybody will, because everyone I've seen/heard has had the same reaction to his off-screen beating.
    I personally think Kenpachi, at the very least, will pull through, because now he's in a state of extreme weakness and this may finally be the thing that'll get him to communicate with his Zanpakuto, and kick some moar ass!
    Then allow me to be the first person to say i didnt have any reaction to it worth mentioning.
    I allways found Kenpachi to be one of the more boring captains, so him being beaten isnt going to draw an reaction from me, on- or offscreen.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar