New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Titan in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Ponythread LV:55 Ponythread learns Agility!

Trixie appears before you and offers to to turn you into a pony and send you to Equestria. You get your choice of pony type (except for alicorn) and place to be sent. However, the change is permanent; once you're a pony and in Equestria, you're there to stay. You retain all memories and personality you had before.

The question is, do you go or do you stay? Please explain your answer.
    Stay. There are a number of reasons.

1) My wife is here on earth. I have a mission and responsibility here. Equestria is a flight of fancy and an escape from the cares of the world, but there are people here who need my talents.

I guess that's lawful good talking. I love escapism and fantasy as much or more than the next man, but when push comes to shove, when duty and responsibility collide with my love of fantasy duty must win.

2) My residual self-image is of a human. I realize it's silly, but I find myself quite attached to the monkey-shape with the opposeable thumbs. It's useful and convenient and can climb trees without magic. It can do everything a pony-shape can, if not as well, and it can do things a pony-shape can't. It can also subsist on a wider variety of foods than a pony can. The only thing I don't like about my monkey-suit is that it ages and dies far too quickly.

I wouldn't mind the ability to change shape into a pony if I could also change back at will. I wouldn't mind visiting equestria as a pony on vacation provided I could return to my normal life as a human. But a permanent and irrevocable leaving of this world? No can do. My life is not fully my own. I am part of a web of mutual obligations and responsibilities and I can't simply walk out of that.

Now, if I was 100+ years old and Trixie offered me the same choice, immortal life as pony ... maybe I'd consider differently. But not right now.

Respectfully,

Brian P.
    "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid."

-Valery Legasov in Chernobyl

2. - Top - End - #572
    Titan in the Playground

There is some bad language in this PMV, but that's not illegal.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pendell View Post
    Stay. There are a number of reasons.

1) My wife is here on earth. I have a mission and responsibility here. Equestria is a flight of fancy and an escape from the cares of the world, but there are people here who need my talents.

I guess that's lawful good talking. I love escapism and fantasy as much or more than the next man, but when push comes to shove, when duty and responsibility collide with my love of fantasy duty must win.

2) My residual self-image is of a human. I realize it's silly, but I find myself quite attached to the monkey-shape with the opposeable thumbs. It's useful and convenient and can climb trees without magic. It can do everything a pony-shape can, if not as well, and it can do things a pony-shape can't. It can also subsist on a wider variety of foods than a pony can. The only thing I don't like about my monkey-suit is that it ages and dies far too quickly.

I wouldn't mind the ability to change shape into a pony if I could also change back at will. I wouldn't mind visiting equestria as a pony on vacation provided I could return to my normal life as a human. But a permanent and irrevocable leaving of this world? No can do. My life is not fully my own. I am part of a web of mutual obligations and responsibilities and I can't simply walk out of that.

Now, if I was 100+ years old and Trixie offered me the same choice, immortal life as pony ... maybe I'd consider differently. But not right now.

Respectfully,

Brian P.
    Thank you for verbalizing these sentiments better than I could have done. These are two of my primary reasons for rejecting my own thought experiment.

To travel to Equestria would be absolutely brilliant as a vacation. However, my friends and family are here; I have duties to which I must attend, and to abandon all of that for a one-way ticket to Equestria would be little short of suicide.

Also, without getting too far into religion, I believe that body and spirit are intrinsically linked; you cannot enter into a perfection of glory without both body and spirit, resurrected and perfected. As such, I would not trade away my body, imperfections and all, for another.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
    I'd go, probably. But the reason for this is probably better explained through a slight modification of the premise.

Spoiler
    Show
    Imagine, if you will, that instead of Trixie, a random mad scientist-looking fellow approaches you with a proposition of the experience of a lifetime - literally. There exists a machine that will allow you to experience a life in a given reality, which for whatever reason can only be Equestria. Not a simulation, not a vacation, but a whole lifetime that you will get to experience.... within about an hour of earthside time. Half an hour to safely read your mind, half an hour to safely write it back, with changes. No time passes here regardless of how long you live on the other side.

You will be thrust into life as a foal, and as your brain develops you will gradually start "remembering" the things you know in this life, nudging the development of your personality until, at about the age of 18 years, you are more or less exactly who you are here, personality and memory-wise. This will not overwrite the "pony you" completely, however, as the experiences of your life to that point will still be present, and your "old self" will simply exist as an ever-present reminder that when you eventually, inevitably, die, you will return to the life you had here, keeping both the memories you had before you entered, and the memories of the life, family and friends you made when you were a pony/griffin/dragon or whatever you were born as.

Would you still go?

The linkup process ensures that whomever you end up as, you will be a good match for him/her. Your talent, should you be a pony, would be something you find deeply interesting. Your race would be a close match to what is your actual, lifetime desire rather than the momentary "I want to be a dragon!" thought you may have when you are presented with the choice. Given that the machine "sees" the whole timeline of the universe it puts you into, you are almost guaranteed to have a lifetime you would find interesting, rewarding, and wholesome, unless you purposely choose to steer it off course.

What would you think of returning to the life you have here after having a fulfilling life as a magical creature of Equestria? What do you think you would do once you would come to understand that you would be returning to this life when you die, Equestria-side?

How does this explain my answer to the original question? Simple. That's how my avatar works. I don't much care for a universe I leave behind, I already know where I will return. ^_^
    See, now this is an escape that I could get behind. Part of the reason we are here in this life is to learn and experience as much as we can. If I can spend an additional lifetime learning and doing, so much the better. I would not leave anyone behind, and would return with more knowledge than I had before. Purely from a utilitarian standpoint, there is only good to be had; the only downside as I see it would be the possible disappointment of knowing that I am essentially living in a machine. Could any of this be seen as real? Nevertheless, I return to the world a better person, and so the net gain is increased.

Now, if only there was a way of transferring certification from one reality to the next; you could have multiple doctorates in a matter of a few real-time hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    You're welcome. Glad to know I could remind people that it existed. I'd post myself if I had any time...

As cool as it would be to live in Equestria (or in any of the fictional universes I like), I'd have to say no to both the original question and to this one, but for different reasons.

In the former case, I've got too much going for me here to just give it up. Sure, stress just kicked in what with university and all, but I've got a caring family, great friends, so on and so forth; you've all heard the lines before from others, I'm sure. Ponies are great, maybe even better than humans are, but for all my adventuresome self, I can't leave behind the people who love me and I love. A bit sappy of a reason, but I'm a pretty sappy person.

In the latter case... how do I relate to other people after having spent an entire lifetime - a fulfilling one at that - as something fundamentally else? Even if it were a life as a different human being in another part of the world, I have a full set of life experiences and so feeling the strongest connection to the elderly with just as many. I think if it were just a "vacation", as you put it, I'd be a lot more willing to take the jump.
    Why would it be a bad thing to have more empathy with more people? The way I see it, ponies are much like human beings in attitude; they laugh, live, snark, and snap occasionally. Certainly, it would be interesting to go abruptly from four hooves to two feet, but your experience there would be just as applicable here.

Also, I feel somewhat proud of myself; this is my first post to spark a multi-page debate.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

4. - Top - End - #574
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    One of the few PMVs I've actually liked. Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash just work so well together.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Troll in the Playground

...Have anyone here heard about Anna Dymna?

Guess not - despite being big TV/Theatre acting name in Central/Eastern Europe, she seems to be a local star.

So, why mention her, especially here? Let's take a look at Mimo Wszystko (Despite Everything Foundation) - local charity agency she created and led for free (including rights to her image) in 2003 - devoted to help of all kinds to impaired people, activating and promoting volunteers and NGOs, financing rehabilitation and healing centres, promoting tolerance and diversity - well, doing a lot to make world better.

So far, so good, but does it have anything to do with thread topic?

Actually, yes - logo of her foundation appears on pretty much every MLP merchandise made locally by Starpak (that is, not on pony figures or magazines Hasbro makes centrally and distributes world wide) - mostly small stuff, like custom themed stickers with theme pony cutie marks, notebooks, magnets, pens, rulers, markers, color pencils, binders, keychains, pins, backpacks, metal bottles, game cards - I guess it's nothing special for western fans long accustomed to having all that and more, some could even say whole action is "fail" due to 1/4 merchandise having older gens on it (made by non-fans and all), or by being below 'standards' of mature fans, but here, doing it at all was new and pretty big risk to both sides.

...so, yeah, don't know why I mentioned it. Guess I just wanted to to thank/show people willing to help others enough to associate themselves with unknown, stereotyped brand (think more pony haters, but far less bronies here) - people who would be cheered if that happened elsewhere. Especially seeing the goods are of actually good quality and despite being made by non-bronies feature very wide range of mane and background ponies, they are certainly not a case of slapping one stock image everywhere and calling it a day...

...Eh, just forget I said anything

Btw, anyone saw that art of Celestia before? If so, can I have a link?
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

6. - Top - End - #576
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post

Oh yeah. GIANTS ARE GOING TO WIN THE WORLD SERIES WOOOOOOO!

fixed that for you seriously..the Giants/Reds series determined the world series winner
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ettin in the Playground

If you ever have the need, and can find an OBJ converter for the file format, I still know some modelling. Why settle for portraits and sound bites when the ships themselves can be properly styled?
    Heh heh. If you could do that, that'll be great. I don't think SotS ships are that easily modelled though. (It uses some sort of arcane modelling program which I never bothered to find out.)

Oh hey, I wrote a little something as well.
    Sacrifice
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-10-23 at 09:55 AM.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Titan in the Playground

I'd go, probably. But the reason for this is probably better explained through a slight modification of the premise.

Spoiler
    Show
    Imagine, if you will, that instead of Trixie, a random mad scientist-looking fellow approaches you with a proposition of the experience of a lifetime - literally. There exists a machine that will allow you to experience a life in a given reality, which for whatever reason can only be Equestria. Not a simulation, not a vacation, but a whole lifetime that you will get to experience.... within about an hour of earthside time. Half an hour to safely read your mind, half an hour to safely write it back, with changes. No time passes here regardless of how long you live on the other side.

You will be thrust into life as a foal, and as your brain develops you will gradually start "remembering" the things you know in this life, nudging the development of your personality until, at about the age of 18 years, you are more or less exactly who you are here, personality and memory-wise. This will not overwrite the "pony you" completely, however, as the experiences of your life to that point will still be present, and your "old self" will simply exist as an ever-present reminder that when you eventually, inevitably, die, you will return to the life you had here, keeping both the memories you had before you entered, and the memories of the life, family and friends you made when you were a pony/griffin/dragon or whatever you were born as.

Would you still go?

The linkup process ensures that whomever you end up as, you will be a good match for him/her. Your talent, should you be a pony, would be something you find deeply interesting. Your race would be a close match to what is your actual, lifetime desire rather than the momentary "I want to be a dragon!" thought you may have when you are presented with the choice. Given that the machine "sees" the whole timeline of the universe it puts you into, you are almost guaranteed to have a lifetime you would find interesting, rewarding, and wholesome, unless you purposely choose to steer it off course.

What would you think of returning to the life you have here after having a fulfilling life as a magical creature of Equestria? What do you think you would do once you would come to understand that you would be returning to this life when you die, Equestria-side?

How does this explain my answer to the original question? Simple. That's how my avatar works. I don't much care for a universe I leave behind, I already know where I will return. ^_^
    I would do this. There's a chance that you would return to your human life feeling cold and empty and knowing that the world is somewhat bleak, but I would reject that. This would be a life-changing experience, and a motivating one. Having the experience of a whole other life in your head, the problems of day to day living would seem easy. You'd be experienced and thoughtful, and you'd have such incredible inspiration for all kinds of creative work and could make this world just a little more vibrant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtytabs View Post
    Hitler, though not a religious figure, must've, then the GM caught him
    Answering the latter, do I see another Giants fan!?
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    I guess I kinda owe a ponythreader some airships ...
    Spoiler
    Show

I love Joseco's Luna. She looks so badass
    Yeah, Joseco's work is amazing. That picture just screams out that it has a ton of story to go with it.

Cute. Definitely a great dynamic there. Although just so we're all clear, spitting on a baby is civil assault and it's totally unlawful and could get you sued, don't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    fixed that for you seriously..the Giants/Reds series determined the world series winner
    I hope you're right. Detroit did a pretty good job crushing the Yankees 4-0, so I'm a little worried myself.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

9. - Top - End - #579
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Why would it be a bad thing to have more empathy with more people? The way I see it, ponies are much like human beings in attitude; they laugh, live, snark, and snap occasionally. Certainly, it would be interesting to go abruptly from four hooves to two feet, but your experience there would be just as applicable here.
    Because it wouldn't be more people. Do you think I'd still be able to think the same way as people my age with another 100 years or so of memories and experience behind me? Sure, they're basically nicer humans in nature - but that just means I'll have dealt with n[e]igh-humans longer than anyone else alive. The experience is applicable, but isolating. Like I said, it'd be great to live in Equestria, but if I have to come back here to a life of being the only person I know who's gone through all the experiences I had... I don't envy it. It's almost as bad as immortality, I'd think.

I want to do more things with the time I have, not have more time.
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2012-10-23 at 10:32 AM.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

10. - Top - End - #580
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "Don't abandon, when you can make 'em canon!"
    I'd say take your family with you. I know my daughter would love to go (Incidently, she said she'd be an earth pony).
    Since you brought it up...

I'm pretty sure my dad (assuming he got a young body) would come with me and perhaps my sister.

Everyone else is too attached to humanity and their lives in general to make the sudden jump to Equestria. Or for that matter, any fictional universe or even a habitable planet on this world.

And on that note there I would take a one-way trip to a habitable planet in this universe.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Don't abandon, when you can make 'em canon!"
    I'd say take your family with you. I know my daughter would love to go (Incidently, she said she'd be an earth pony).
    Not sure how well that would go over actually. "Good news everyone! We can abandon our civil servant jobs and move to a mystical land of fancy! Not sure what we will do when we get there, but there is bound to be something."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

12. - Top - End - #582
    Titan in the Playground

Ponythread X-com update
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Princess Celestia,

June 2015 was a good month. We're back on track. We took down two UFOs and raided another two landed ones. We stopped a terror attack on Tokyo, and abductions in South America, hired some new ponies, and nopony died this time!

Let me tell you about my current squad. The numbers are sadly depleted, but they're all trying their best out there. Three new ponies made it to the rank of Lieutenant:
    "Omega" Grif, Colonel "Socks" Fedora, and "Axle" TvTyrant. We also have Sergeant "Voodoo" Kairaven. My three lieutenants have really been holding down the fort, and with "Omega" Grif sniping off the aliens while "Socks" Fedora and "Axle" TvTyrant play defensive assault and healing support respectively, we might just pull this off.

We have Deadly and Kyouhen as a sniper and heavy respectively, but they're still squaddies. We've also got 6 Thanqols waiting in the wings, though still no British sadly, as I was hoping for that cheery accent and expert knowledge of tea. I also keep hearing rumors that the Brits have some kind of super-lich and I want to get him on my team.

We've still only lost Egypt. Thanks to my ability to launch 4 satellites into space in a single month we kept every nation from panicking, interrogated all the captured aliens we had so far and autopsied them. Many Thanqols died to bring us this information.

And thanks to the research team, our ponies are now wearing carapace armor and are armed with laser weapons or plasma rifles. We even captured two mutons that were armed with the heavier plasma rifles and let me tell you, those things wreck house. I'm not letting the Thanqols anywhere near them yet though, I'm worried they'll blow their own heads off.

I should mention that the entire team is currently in the med bay right now. I...uh...kinda forgot that mutons carry grenades. Also that cars explode when their fuel catches on fire. Also that soldiers tend to panic when they're in the midst of grenade explosions and flaming cars that also explode.

It's okay though, we handled it and everypony survived with 1 hp. I sure hope no aliens attack us in the next 9 days though or I'll have to send out an all Thanqol team.

My engineers have just informed me that they've finished work on some kind of skeleton key to open up the alien base we picked up via satellite. I'm going to wait though. The team needs to get better first, and we've just gotten word that a big UFO has landed in Africa.

Your faithful commander,
    Anarion

[OOC note. If you only have a one-word forum name, your character's first name is Pony. So, example, the sniper's full name is Pony "Omega" Grif.]

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    Because it wouldn't be more people. Do you think I'd still be able to think the same way as people my age with another 100 years or so of memories and experience behind me? Sure, they're basically nicer humans in nature - but that just means I'll have dealt with n[e]igh-humans longer than anyone else alive. The experience is applicable, but isolating. Like I said, it'd be great to live in Equestria, but if I have to come back here to a life of being the only person I know who's gone through all the experiences I had... I don't envy it. It's almost as bad as immortality, I'd think.

I want to do more things with the time I have, not have more time.
    I don't actually think it would be any more isolating than people in the real world who grew up in war-torn countries, or with inner city gangs or that sort of thing. The pony lifetime would be years of experience, but it would ideally be a well-balanced life, one that gave you some wisdom and perspective that you could bring back when you became a human. It's not immortality and you don't have to watch the people you care bout die around you or anything of that sort, but it is a lifetime's worth of experience.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-10-23 at 11:04 AM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ettin in the Playground

Zap2it has apparently released the synopsis for the third episode of season three. They're usually pretty accurate. *SPOILERS*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Looks like the theories about 303 being a Pinkie Pie episode are correct.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-10-23 at 11:17 AM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

14. - Top - End - #584
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Zap2it has apparently released the synopsis for the third episode of season three. They're usually pretty accurate. *SPOILERS*
    Spoiler
    Show
    S3E3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Whose idea was it to give Pinkie a magic mirror? Or anything prefixed by "Magic".

Gosh, that's not going to end well, but I like the premise

15. - Top - End - #585
    Spamalot in the Playground

Just thought of a bit of Fridge Horror here...
    The "Read it and Weep" episode showed us that Equestria has medical x-ray technology. My question was how much knowledge do ponies have on the effects of ionizing radiation?
    I recall reading articles that medical x-rays were in use before a full understanding of their long term effects were, including the use of x-rays at shoe stores as a gimmick to find your shoe size.

I'd like to hope that ponies were a bit faster on catching those issues then we humans were.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    This interests me. Do you mind if you share the sound bites you have collected so far? It's for my Sword of the Stars mod. (Kind of neglected it of late, due to lack of free time and uh... disinterest ^^;)
    Sure, though I'll have to see how to package these bites together. I've got several megs of *.wav files here. Playback quality is a little varied due to the episodes coming from different sources (i.e. streaming vs. TV vs. etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    And on that note there I would take a one-way trip to a habitable planet in this universe.
    There is that way to look at it! Moving to a new world in a literal sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Not sure how well that would go over actually. "Good news everyone! We can abandon our civil servant jobs and move to a mystical land of fancy! Not sure what we will do when we get there, but there is bound to be something."
    I'm pretty sure my wife wouldn't mind moving to someplace less... Orlandoy. Well, specifically we don't live in a good neighborhood and we're just living paycheck-to-paycheck on just one income. Taking the chance in Equestria would be a pretty tempting opportunity for us.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Pinkie clones herself? We're all doomed.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I would SO watch the heck out of this episode. The potential for zaniness is that of a thousand infinities.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

18. - Top - End - #588
    Titan in the Playground

s3e3
    Spoiler
    Show
    I actually suspect Pinkie will spend most of the episode being surprisingly rational. These kind of clone episodes usually paint the alpha version of the character in a particularly reasonable light. Of course there will be a scene of pure insanity with all the clones gathered in one place, but I bet alpha Pinkie ends up having to get rid of them and seeming normal and well-adjusted compared to her clones.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

19. - Top - End - #589
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    ...Have anyone here heard about Anna Dymna?

Guess not - despite being big TV/Theatre acting name in Central/Eastern Europe, she seems to be a local star.

So, why mention her, especially here? Let's take a look at Mimo Wszystko (Despite Everything Foundation) - local charity agency she created and led for free (including rights to her image) in 2003 - devoted to help of all kinds to impaired people, activating and promoting volunteers and NGOs, financing rehabilitation and healing centres, promoting tolerance and diversity - well, doing a lot to make world better.

So far, so good, but does it have anything to do with thread topic?

Actually, yes - logo of her foundation appears on pretty much every MLP merchandise made locally by Starpak (that is, not on pony figures or magazines Hasbro makes centrally and distributes world wide) - mostly small stuff, like custom themed stickers with theme pony cutie marks, notebooks, magnets, pens, rulers, markers, color pencils, binders, keychains, pins, backpacks, metal bottles, game cards - I guess it's nothing special for western fans long accustomed to having all that and more, some could even say whole action is "fail" due to 1/4 merchandise having older gens on it (made by non-fans and all), or by being below 'standards' of mature fans, but here, doing it at all was new and pretty big risk to both sides.

...so, yeah, don't know why I mentioned it. Guess I just wanted to to thank/show people willing to help others enough to associate themselves with unknown, stereotyped brand (think more pony haters, but far less bronies here) - people who would be cheered if that happened elsewhere. Especially seeing the goods are of actually good quality and despite being made by non-bronies feature very wide range of mane and background ponies, they are certainly not a case of slapping one stock image everywhere and calling it a day...

...Eh, just forget I said anything

Btw, anyone saw that art of Celestia before? If so, can I have a link?
    So its someone bringing pony merch to people without pony merchandise? That's pretty great. Its easy to forget that some places don't have the constant over exposure to marketing that the US has. Its hard to imagine a place that doesn't have an overexposure to MLP merchanise, actually.

And the fact that some of the proceeds go to charity is great! I'm not sure that part came across clearly in your post. Its really cool that she would do that.

Thanks for sharing, Trixie.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    s3e3
    Spoiler
    Show
    I actually suspect Pinkie will spend most of the episode being surprisingly rational. These kind of clone episodes usually paint the alpha version of the character in a particularly reasonable light. Of course there will be a scene of pure insanity with all the clones gathered in one place, but I bet alpha Pinkie ends up having to get rid of them and seeming normal and well-adjusted compared to her clones.
    I wonder
    Spoiler
    Show
    if it will be like trouble with tribbles+ existentialism (ethics of getting rid of clones).

P.S-
    Spoiler
    Show
    How would mane 6 and shining armor (for Crystal Empire) will fit in with LOTR cast?
    Shining Armor- Aragorn or Boromir
    Fluttershy- Merry
    Rarity- Samwise or Legolas
    Pinkie Pie- Pippin
    Applejack- Gimli
    Rainbow Dash- Frodo
    Twilight- Gandalf
    You can amend it if you want.
    Last edited by t209; 2012-10-23 at 12:51 PM.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

21. - Top - End - #591
    Titan in the Playground

Just thought of a bit of Fridge Horror here...
    The "Read it and Weep" episode showed us that Equestria has medical x-ray technology. My question was how much knowledge do ponies have on the effects of ionizing radiation?
    I recall reading articles that medical x-rays were in use before a full understanding of their long term effects were, including the use of x-rays at shoe stores as a gimmick to find your shoe size.

I'd like to hope that ponies were a bit faster on catching those issues then we humans were.
    I'm pretty sure there was a sight-gag at one point involving ponies wearing full on enviromental haz-mat suit thingies, I think they're fine.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Titan in the Playground

Planetar

I wonder if this is the work of a brony ?

4. They Can Overrun ESPN.com with Unicorns
    When gamers need help from a higher power, they know exactly what buttons to press: up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-B-A-start. The cheat sequence, known as the Konami code, was created by a game programmer named Kazuhisa Hashimoto.

The Konami code went on to appear in dozens of games, and it remains a geek touchstone to this day. Until last year, you could type it into ESPN.com, and the page would fill up with unicorns and rainbows. [Image credit: PC World.]
    I note that the unicorn has a cutie mark, which would be consistent with a my little ponyish type thing who didn't have access to copyrighted material.

Respectfully,

Brian P.
    "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid."

-Valery Legasov in Chernobyl

23. - Top - End - #593

3x03 thoughts

Spoiler
    Show
    Back in G1 there was a magic mirror that would make baby ponies (and, indeed, may have been the only way such a thing happened. Relevant? Who can say?
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

24. - Top - End - #594
    Troll in the Playground

Season 3:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Season 3:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    The secret is that's Twilight pulling her hair; they did a body-swap and Twilight's freaking out. [/blatant falsehoods]
    Last edited by Balmas; 2012-10-23 at 01:34 PM.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

26. - Top - End - #596
    Troll in the Playground

I'm pretty sure there was a sight-gag at one point involving ponies wearing full on enviromental haz-mat suit thingies, I think they're fine.
    Not only there was hazmat suit gag, the suit had Atom Bomb warning sign as cutie mark. So, yeah...

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

27. - Top - End - #597

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Not only there was hazmat suit gag, the suit had Atom Bomb warning sign as cutie mark. So, yeah...
    Radiation symbol does not equate to atom bomb.

On the otherhand with the prominent light spectrum shattering effects that are caused by ponies I wouldn't be surprised if Equestria is bathed in high doses of radiations.

Now for theories in which pony coat colors are natural evolution adaptations as an effect of high light spectrum radiations
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

28. - Top - End - #598
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

A pre-emptive "HUZZAH" before the Commodore gets to it.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

29. - Top - End - #599
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    Radiation symbol does not equate to atom bomb.
    Except, 'Radioactive Trefoil' sign was drawn in military labs, adapted from past military warning signs, and initially used only in bomb laboratories.

So, yeah, only has about as much in common with bomb as propellers with airplanes

Not to mention small issue of colossal initial investment needed to get first refined isotopes and nuclear piles used to refine radiation theories, making initial nuclear research only viable for big entities (read - military) and nuclear bomb being easier and faster to make than almost all other nuclear applications...

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

30. - Top - End - #600
    Titan in the Playground

Reviewers, Quick!

My story for the EqD Nightmare Night contest is done, and needs a quick review from anyone who cares to give it a quick read. I have to send it to EqD in less than 20 hours, and I need to submit it for approval from FiMFiction very soon, so I'd love some feedback, anything at all, no matter how small, before that.

It's fairly short (3000 words) and doesn't contain any blood or much of that nature. It should be readable by anyone who doesn't mind a slightly spooky story of corruption and possible ghostly possession.

Squeak! (I think the link should work, even though it's not published yet)