New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Ponythread LV:55 Ponythread learns Agility!

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    Regardless, for bucks and giggles, I did a search using that and the variables 2000 to 2012, figuring that that'd give us posts by years... But then I realized while that works, it doesn't really work as expected because it's just returning the registration dates from posters and there's probably a good handful I'm skipping who registered before 2000 and like ponies. So then I did it again between 1 and 12 (because every post is going to have a time stamp on it and I'm lazy and cheap).
    Um, 2000?

My 2007 is kinda old, actually, even pre-GitP forum accounts start in early 2004, plus a handful of RPG players from late 2003. There can be no one with account from earlier?

A swallow's tail.
    Nah, nowhere near cool enough for this, IMHO
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

2. - Top - End - #722
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    My 2007 is kinda old, actually, even pre-GitP forum accounts start in early 2004, plus a handful of RPG players from late 2003. There can be no one with account from earlier?
    I reiterate: I am lazy and cheap. Not just when it comes to doing research, but also when it comes to doing research.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

3. - Top - End - #723
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know why everypony keeps wishing the Lich a happy birthday.

I firmly believe the dead do not have them.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post

But in such a case, which is more important: what you believe, or what the dead in question believes?
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

5. - Top - End - #725
    Titan in the Playground

Are you going to try telling the epic level necromancer lich with a rocket launcher that he can't have a birthday if he wants one?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    But in such a case, which is more important: what you believe, or what the dead in question believes?
    Which is why I was raising the issue to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Are you going to try telling the epic level necromancer lich with a rocket launcher that he can't have a birthday if he wants one?
    Why would he use merely a rocket launcher?

Or was that a figurative rocket launcher then same way "optimized" spellcasters are sometimes said to play rocket tag?

7. - Top - End - #727
    Titan in the Playground

Why would he use merely a rocket launcher?

Or was that a figurative rocket launcher then same way "optimized" spellcasters are sometimes said to play rocket tag?
    I think Bleakbane just likes blowing things up. With rockets. Rockets with morningstars etc attatched.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright let me try.

Bleakbane B-day, Deadly's new story, S3 spoiler discussion, Pony Nukes.

You understand all that?
    I think so! Cool. ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Okay, the cliche' way this goes is that Rarity spends time without her sister and then learns that it's terrible and she tries to wish her sister back, thereby undoing the original wish and everything is good.

I had this crazy idea of something different: The wish works, but only For One Day (Her Birthday). So for this one day Rarity is happily rearranging stuff and making sisterless plans. The next morning, Sweetie returns and everyone acts as if nothing happened. This causes all sorts of mayhem with Rarity's plans. Played for laughs.

If I'm limited to the Mane 6, I'd pick AJ. My sleeping arrangements are already like that scenario so it be nothing different. Well, except the southern drawl part.

We
    Argued
    About
    Equestria's
    Level
    Of
    Technology,
    Then
    Suddenly-
    Spoilers!
    Equestria's technology, man. So wonky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtytabs View Post
    Ten words or fewer.

They've been talkin' technology and S3. That's all I got.
    Dirtytabs is soooo coooool
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    How about minute hue-tinged pega-horned Equuses ferus caballuses?

Exactly 10 words :E
    ._.;;

9. - Top - End - #729
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    I think Bleakbane just likes blowing things up. With rockets. Rockets with morningstars etc attatched.
    Um, I don't recall ever seeing him actually blow up the intended target or in fact even successfully fire the rocket launcher. It has, however, been used as an extremely effective blunt object several times in the past, as I'm sure Hopereaver will attest.

Actually, come to think of it, I wonder if it's use as a bludgeon might be causally related to it's relatively poor performance as a rocket-firing implement?
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    I agree with this assessment. Though I think only half the bronies (or maybe just a quarter or something) would stay and protect the ponies, since all the rest would be lining up to go to Equestria.

And I was going to say that someone should fund this fanfic, before I remembered the sheer volume of Humans in Equestria fics, meaning it's probably been done already. Though not necessarily well.
    Honestly, the glut of Human in Equestria fics is the primary reason I've never seriously considered taking this from a though exercise to an actual fic idea.

Many of my ponderings regarding the impact that a sudden influx of humans would have on Equestria have focused on how ponies would react to humans tendency to consume meat.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

11. - Top - End - #731
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Um, I don't recall ever seeing him actually blow up the intended target or in fact even successfully fire the rocket launcher. It has, however, been used as an extremely effective blunt object several times in the past, as I'm sure Hopereaver will attest.

Actually, come to think of it, I wonder if it's use as a bludgeon might be causally related to it's relatively poor performance as a rocket-firing implement?
    Maybe the Commander has really low Dexterity and pathetic base attack progression, so he actually can't hit the broad side of Canterlot with any weapon that doesn't have an automated targeting system, regardless of how big the boom is. Then someone put the wrong enchantment on the rocket launcher so that instead of making it easier to hit at range it became easier to hit in melee, so he just bludgeons people with it.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Maybe the Commander has really low Dexterity and pathetic base attack progression, so he actually can't hit the broad side of Canterlot with any weapon that doesn't have an automated targeting system, regardless of how big the boom is. Then someone put the wrong enchantment on the rocket launcher so that instead of making it easier to hit at range it became easier to hit in melee, so he just bludgeons people with it.
    I like this theory. I can just see how it would play out.

Enchanter: Here's your +5 rocket launcher of bashing, sir.

Bleakbane: Of bashing? I didn't order that, what does that even do?

Enchanter: Well, you just said you wanted a +5, but I thought you looked like the sort of lich that deserved a promotional bonus, so I added bashing too so it will be even better when you swing it at people.

Bleakbane: It's a rocket launcher, there's no swinging involved.

Enchanter: But you had me put +5 melee on it, surely there'll be a little swinging?

Bleakbane: *Skullpalm*
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

13. - Top - End - #733
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Honestly, the glut of Human in Equestria fics is the primary reason I've never seriously considered taking this from a though exercise to an actual fic idea.
    Yeah, most so bad they were horrible. Only one (I think) actually took time to think what conversion bureaus would do to society, and of course everyone wanting to remain human is eeevil

If someone wrote fic about actually competent humans that want to stay humans, using their technology to offset pony magic and dwindling numbers, and interactions between increasingly techno/meritocratic humanity remnants with magical ponyland...

But alas, that's mental position you'd need to push into a lot of ED writers before they started considering it...

Many of my ponderings regarding the impact that a sudden influx of humans would have on Equestria have focused on how ponies would react to humans tendency to consume meat.
    Pinkie would hide her hot-dog somewhere to claim innocence, Fluttershy would claim all these hens and eggs she takes is just hobby, AJ would awkwardly consume that ham sandwich in one big gulp while hiding non-intelligent pigs...
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

14. - Top - End - #734
    Titan in the Playground

And then the teamliquid staff writers made a Friendship is Magic joke in their Starcraft write-up.

Actual joke spoiled just in case anyone watches the games and doesn't want to know who advanced
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Little PartinG: Friendship is Magic

PartinG being a protoss player who was only able to advance in his matches because his friend Keen won a bunch of games that prevented a 4-way tiebreaker.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

15. - Top - End - #735
    Spamalot in the Playground

How confident are you that your wife never reads your post?
    LOL, I told her about it. She knows she has a snoring problem. But to be fair I do too so if it's not her, it's me. I just got used to sleeping through it most of the time. Gotta remember to buy some more of those Breathe-Right Nasal Strips for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Sweet new official pony merch, including Photo Finish, Hoity Toity and Diamond Dazzle Tiara.

Yes. Dazzle.
    I actually approve of Dazzle. Nice that Pinkie isn't the only pony with a middle name. Though why AJ got wrangled in with Diamond and Bloom... that's the million bits question.
    Did AJ get sent to Apple Bucking Kindergarden or something?

Quote Originally Posted by asdflove View Post
    Does anyone have any ideas for O'Chul's cutie mark?
    Well, he survived a lot and is the most awesome paladin of the comic... LOL, okay a silly option would be the acid shark he survived. Or a die with a 20 on it. But the serious option I'd say a symbol of the Sapphire Guard, like their sword or something. He is pretty badass. The guy wrote down most of Xykon's spell list by being SUBJECTED to the spells.

Do they celebrate their undeath day? You know, when they rise up from the grave?
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

16. - Top - End - #736
    Colossus in the Playground

Hilarious, but I actually didn't hear the phrase "Blue Twilight" anywhere in that video. Where was it used?
    Trixie episode; the series goes up to E9.

I can't get enough AustRarity

And then the teamliquid staff writers made a Friendship is Magic joke in their Starcraft write-up.

Actual joke spoiled just in case anyone watches the games and doesn't want to know who advanced
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Little PartinG: Friendship is Magic

PartinG being a protoss player who was only able to advance in his matches because his friend Keen won a bunch of games that prevented a 4-way tiebreaker.
    Oh blast. Now I have to start rooting for Liquid again.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pendell View Post
    Erm .. it's Aotrs_Commander's birthday?

Happy birthday!

Respectfully,

Brian P.
    Thank you!

To be fair, it's not like anypony on ponythread has warrented the expendature of an actual SK-4 (or even an real SK-3A) warhead (and certainly not one from my Strayvian missile launcher), and what I've fired has tended to be my... experimental warheads. (E.g the Sanityinator, which was, as you recall, a cattleprod duct-taped to an old SK-3A missile (with the warhead removed), and yes, in hindsight that did not work as well as I might have hoped.)

Nopony on ponythread, is after all, an actual heavy armoured vehicle I wish to explodinate1.

The use as a bludgeoning tool is facilitated by the sturdy construct of the SK-series launchers (combined with Lich strength to wield it). You'd have to hit something way harder than a squishy (or boney...) skull to leave a dent on 'em after all. Aotrs technology may be advanced, but fragile it is not...

I would be quite happy to demonstrate the resilience of the Snake Launcher as bludgeoning tool on the skulls of any purple or dark grey ponies who continue to cast aspertions...!

Do they celebrate their undeath day? You know, when they rise up from the grave?
    Not in a big way, no. And not "celebrate" as in "throw Pinkie Pie parties." In Aotrs culture, certainly, it tends to be a very personal time of reflection, wherein you think or meditate and re-affirm your own strength in yourself, to yourself, in the quiet silence of the darkness of your own soul, and reflect on your victories. Such a period is generally held to be the best way of paving the way for SpiV-Wi-Re-Ment, though the actual effect is somewhat less clear.

1You may also remember that I've used actual weapon attacks on ponythreaders exactly twice, once upon request and once after repeated warnings.

And despite my occasional use otherwise, the SK-series Snake Guided Missile Launcher is primarily an anti-armour weapon, and not anti-personnel. (In fact, it's effective use in the latter role is mostly because I AM a good shot with it.)

And before you ask, trying to brute-force through shielded AFVs with magic with a spell strong enough to damage the armour (like a continuous burst of Maximised Disintegrate - which as you may recall, has little in common with the D&D spell I named it after) is extremely wasteful of power; I can do it, but it's just not worth the energy expendature. And spells that are okay for shield-stripping (e.g. our Lightning Bolt) often don't have enough punch to handle heavy MBT armour unless you can hit them in the rear or something, and tend to be much closer range. Guided missiles are a much more efficient (and safe!) way to do the same job. Use the right tool, and all that...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-10-24 at 07:49 PM.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ogre in the Playground

I actually approve of Dazzle. Nice that Pinkie isn't the only pony with a middle name. Though why AJ got wrangled in with Diamond and Bloom... that's the million bits question.
    Did AJ get sent to Apple Bucking Kindergarden or something?
    Princess Celestia realized something was wrong when Applejack made a dozen wedding cakes instead of just one. Applejack mentioned something about her just muddying the issue with some fancy mathmatics and *POOF* kindergarten.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    To be fair, it's not like anypony on ponythread has warrented the expendature of an actual SK-4 (or even an real SK-3A) warhead (and certainly not one from my Strayvian missile launcher), and what I've fired has tended to be my... experimental warheads. (E.g the Sanityinator, which was, as you recall, a cattleprod duct-taped to an old SK-3A missile (with the warhead removed), and yes, in hindsight that did not work as well as I might have hoped.)

Nopony on ponythread, is after all, an actual heavy armoured vehicle I wish to explodinate1.

The use as a bludgeoning tool is facilitated by the sturdy construct of the SK-series launchers (combined with Lich strength to wield it). You'd have to hit something way harder than a squishy (or boney...) skull to leave a dent on 'em after all. Aotrs technology may be advanced, but fragile it is not...
    You know I find armored vehicles a touch overrated myself, then again my operating philosophy is referenced well by this pic:

Spoiler
    Show

(Found this on the interwebs because I know you're one of the tragic few here that will enjoy it fully)

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ogre in the Playground

So what you're saying is we won't get shot if we don't wear Rainbow's Gala dress?

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ogre in the Playground

Kyouhen, your avatar is such a sneaky pony. So sneaky.

*Kidnaps the sneaky pony*

@_@

Sneaky ponies are awesome, yo.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Titan in the Playground

I would be quite happy to demonstrate the resilience of the Snake Launcher as bludgeoning tool on the skulls of any purple or dark grey ponies who continue to cast aspertions...!
    My coat is Charcoal, if you please.

Now, how many spare rockets are we talking here? There are enough airships, weapons platforms, and large-scale abominations that I think something could handle a demonstration.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

23. - Top - End - #743
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Birthday off to better start than last year, at any rate...!
    Happy Birthday!
    I think I made it in time, with a few minutes to spare.

Also which pony would you want as a room-mate?

Spoiler
    Show
    Twilight? Because I'm likely to be doing the same...

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Sweet new official pony merch, including Photo Finish, Hoity Toity and Diamond Dazzle Tiara.

Yes. Dazzle.

Spoiler
    Show
    No Silver Spoon yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

24. - Top - End - #744
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Happy Birthday!
    He's english and asleep. It's 5am the next morning.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

No Silver Spoon yet?
    sadly, no.

if that set had Silver instead of Diamond i would buy it in a heartbeat
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, happy birthday Aorts.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kd7sov, Kd7sov, do you go by another name does this look at all familiar to you?
    Spoiler
    Show

Blargh slaves crystals crystals blargh zimmerwald1915. Internets: 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Dirtytabs, Dirtytabs
    Friendly Ponythread Dirtytabs
    To her friends she's a gem
    She makes lovely art for them
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I don't always save pony images, but when I do, they're usually DirtyTabs.
    +100 Exp for Dirtytabs.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Titan in the Playground

You know I find armored vehicles a touch overrated myself, then again my operating philosophy is referenced well by this pic:

Spoiler
    Show

(Found this on the interwebs because I know you're one of the tragic few here that will enjoy it fully)
    Armour sidetrack
    Spoiler
    Show
    It helps if you think of it in terms that most armoured vehicles (of the level in use out here) are technically well into the superhero level in terms of raw energy output and durability; a good order of magnitude above squish mortals. They certainly aren't the things superheros can toss around like cars (as if tanks weren't about fifty to sixty-plus times heavier) and smash up with trivial ease (something that never, ever fails to make me skulldesk wherever I see it on TV).

On the other hand, of course, in the real world, they also don't drive down the street to attack dudes, and are very rarely found in plain sight. Nor are they omnicient (indeed, one ex-tankie of our acquiantance likened the vision from a tank to looking down a toilet roll; while our vehicles are much better, visibility is still very much an issue). Basically, virtually every sci-fi medium gets armoured vehicles fairly wrong in terms of what their strengths and weakness are. The X-Men should indeed be able to clobber tanks, but not for the reasons they do (it should be more than Cyclops just hustles round the side or rear where armour is weakest, or just plain old shoot the tracks off.)

That said, Nanoha is on an extremely high level of both skill, power output and thaumatergy (certainly on a par with ours, and I might hesitantly say perhaps even slightly above us, though given the difference in magic, I wouldn't care to hazard a guess without a side-by-side test), so she would almost certainly have less trouble (in terms of power expended for effect) than I anyway.

The question for her would be rather how many times she could knobble one. Assuming she ensured she was fighting nap-of-earth to avoid being pummeled with more long-range AA fire than even she could handle, were she just floating in mid-air (given that, like most magic, even Belkan and Mid-Childen - Nanoha excepted! - is relatively short ranged, even Nanoha is likely well within effective weapons ranges).

Also, that is awesome and there should be way more Nanoha pony than there is.

Happy Birthday!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    He's english and asleep. It's 5am the next morning.
    It's the thought that counts!

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Oh, happy birthday Aorts.
    And thank you both.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Spamalot in the Playground

Was watching my daughter play with her ponies and apparently, if I understood her logic here, Derpy got transformed into the evil Muffin Queen of Ponyville. It required the Mane 6 to defeat her with the Elements of Harmony and bring Derpy back to normal.
    Heh, my daughter has the cutest evil villainess laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Princess Celestia realized something was wrong when Applejack made a dozen wedding cakes instead of just one. Applejack mentioned something about her just muddying the issue with some fancy mathmatics and *POOF* kindergarten.
    But... wouldn't all those cakes be needed if the entirety of Canterlot plus some were attending this event? I mean what kind of we-

**Poof - Apple Bucking kindergarden**

Aww ponyfeathers.

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    sadly, no.
    if that set had Silver instead of Diamond i would buy it in a heartbeat
    Why not sub in Spoon for AJ? I thought that would make more sense. Or at least another classmate like Twist.

Not in a big way, no. And not "celebrate" as in "throw Pinkie Pie parties."
    Ah, well I'll skip packing some balloons. Happy birthday anyway!
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2012-10-25 at 06:34 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ettin in the Playground

Let's try this again:

I written a short piece (originally for a write-off, now expanded) and I'd like opinions on it. Highly unlikely to be going to EqD, so straight to FimFic it goes after this.

Without further ado, Sacrifice.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like the art style very much. Reminds me of a more anime-ish take on MLP proper, if there is such a thing.