New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Tome of Radiance: Mastering the Power of Love and Justice

Quote Originally Posted by Selinia View Post
    By the power vested in me as an agent of Madokami, I hereby pronounce you pyromaniac and prestige class.

You may ignite the battlemat.
    And thus the greatest threat to the multiverse was born.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Pixie in the Playground

Firekeeper
    I only have one thing to say about this Prestige Class.

Prepare To Die...

3. - Top - End - #393

Quote Originally Posted by Sachiko-K View Post
    I only have one thing to say about this Prestige Class.

Prepare To Die...
    Hehehe. Actually, the class was originally much more rejuvenation-based (it even had an Estus stand-in that gave crazy-high short-term Fast Healing), but somewhere along the line I decided to cache those things for later and focus on a proper heir to the Prism Knight. I will say - if and when I get around to doing the other energy types, Cold is definitely going to have some nods to dear Priscilla.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    Yeah, I got inspired by the name Wind Dancer and started throwing it together as a mobility-based PrC... afraid it has too much overlap with an Aerial Mage, though. But, as others have already stated, love the Firekeeper.
    Hmmm. Well, if you're going air-based with a 'wind dancer' theme, I can definitely think of a few ways to differentiate it from Arial Mage. In essence, instead of focusing on raw mobility (which is where the Mage's expertise lies), focus on the fleeting, ephemeral nature of air - a class as difficult to catch as the wind itself. Short bursts of invisibility, precise, short-range teleportation, and a way to shift your position around when you're missed by an attack. Go for the invisible breeze, rather than the howling tornado - it's a side of Air that doesn't get enough attention, in my opinion, and it'd be cool to see an elemental lurker. That's my input, anyway!

Speaking of lurkers though, Changelog!

• Added the Sunrise Strike Rogue Alternate Class Feature! While a rogue taking this option sacrifices some of the raw damage output of true Sneak Attack, she gains immense flexibility in her attack routine, and is much less shackled to two-weapon fighting and the full attack than a normal rogue is.
    • Added the Heart of War feat! While Empaths are supposedly able to change combat roles at the drop of a hat, the rigidity of the feat system means that in practice, they're stuck with one more or less clean-cut skill set. Heart of War essentially allows martially-inclined empaths to actually specialize their various personas, and lets her actually switch roles mid-combat without gimping herself. Want to wade into battle with a big two-handed weapon while manifesting the Emperor, and shift to a mobility-focused, dodge-heavy skirmisher configuration when wearing The Hanged Man? Now you can!
    Lovely Rita Mordio avatar by Zefir! Thank you!

Homebrew:

4. - Top - End - #394
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hm, I just got the idea for a Champion/Paladin PrC based around folklore beliefs relating to iron, seeing as Plutarch called it the bones of the Gods. It would also have a lesser focus on the light of meteors, because sky-iron. :3

5. - Top - End - #395
    Pixie in the Playground

I love the firekeeper, a flavorful and unique successor to the prism knight.

there's a little mistake in the sunrise strike rouge, the cost of Assault blast shape is 1m, not 2.

Do any of the Alternate class features grant an evoker level? The rogue and barbarian alternate class features do grant illuminations, albeit in a limited and unusual fashion.

Edit:
    Both of my questions have been answered through edits.
    Last edited by Quester; 2013-06-09 at 12:01 AM.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hm, even though this project is for 3.5e, I've gotten an idea for a Pathfinder racial archetype for the Champion. Namely, the Ratfolk "Surface Seeker".

They can only use Bolt and Marksman Devices, wind up with a maximum of four Cartridges per day but the option to use two at once to boost two effects at once, can add their Charisma bonus to ranged attack and damage rolls (rather than being added to Strength and Dexterity rolls), and there will probably be a couple of new Illumination components swapped out for typical Champion ones. Thoughts?
    Last edited by caledscratcher; 2013-06-07 at 05:36 PM.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Barbarian in the Playground

I have a quick question if no-one minds me asking. With the Resplendent device effect do you have to expend an illumination to store it, if not then can you store an illumination you dont have readied at the time?

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

I seem to have written a deity.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

9. - Top - End - #399

Do you add strength to a magical girls ranged weapons?
    Thought of the Week: "Bright is the nova confined in the dark."
    =I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ettin in the Playground

Hm, I just got a campaign idea... Evokers in Ravenloft. After all, even if it is considered impossiblr for the gods to directly affect the Demiplane of Dread, there is still light - and Serena is explicitely a goddess of beating the impossible odds, anyway... ANd, in Ravenloft, innocence have a special power already...
    Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeRaids View Post
    I would assume not, since they aren't thrown weapons...

Hm, I just got a campaign idea... Evokers in Ravenloft. After all, even if it is considered impossiblr for the gods to directly affect the Demiplane of Dread, there is still light - and Serena is explicitely a goddess of beating the impossible odds, anyway... ANd, in Ravenloft, innocence have a special power already...
    Ha. Maybe?
    Seems about as fitting as running magical girls in the world of darkness, though.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Ha. Maybe?
    Seems about as fitting as running magical girls in the world of darkness, though.
    Are you, by any chance, familiar with Princess: the Hopeful? :-)

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

Ha. I vaguely recalled hearing about it, had forgotten the name. xD
    (WoD is not really my thing. ^_^'')

14. - Top - End - #404

Whew. Apologies, again. On the bright side, finally got my placement exams done, and after a godawful marathon of tests, have started to wrap up some of my courses. Still a lot to do, but in the home stretch at least!

Quote Originally Posted by caledscratcher View Post
    Hm, I just got the idea for a Champion/Paladin PrC based around folklore beliefs relating to iron, seeing as Plutarch called it the bones of the Gods. It would also have a lesser focus on the light of meteors, because sky-iron. :3
    Champion/Paladin is one of the most intuitive class combinations I can think of in terms of fluff - the overlap is immense, and imagining a radiant paladin or a divine champion is hardly a stretch. The trick is, of course, making the Paladin side 'worth it' in mechanical terms, but the concept is quite sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    I love the firekeeper, a flavorful and unique successor to the prism knight.

there's a little mistake in the sunrise strike rouge, the cost of Assault blast shape is 1m, not 2.

Do any of the Alternate class features grant an evoker level? The rogue and barbarian alternate class features do grant illuminations, albeit in a limited and unusual fashion.

Edit:
    Both of my questions have been answered through edits.
    Apologies for the ninja-fix, haven't had the time to really post properly, so just sort of snuck in and tweaked a few errors. Thanks for pointing those out!

Quote Originally Posted by caledscratcher View Post
    Hm, even though this project is for 3.5e, I've gotten an idea for a Pathfinder racial archetype for the Champion. Namely, the Ratfolk "Surface Seeker".

They can only use Bolt and Marksman Devices, wind up with a maximum of four Cartridges per day but the option to use two at once to boost two effects at once, can add their Charisma bonus to ranged attack and damage rolls (rather than being added to Strength and Dexterity rolls), and there will probably be a couple of new Illumination components swapped out for typical Champion ones. Thoughts?
    I know almost nothing about ratfolk! That said, I'd caution somewhat about adding new components in archetypes. My goal with the ToR is to keep as much possible 'in the open', so to speak - where the various components can be taken by different sorts of evokers for different reasons. I'm not against ACFs for the core trio, but I do think they ought to be actual alternate class features. You don't need to take a Cleric ACF to have a slightly different spell list, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonwolf727 View Post
    I have a quick question if no-one minds me asking. With the Resplendent device effect do you have to expend an illumination to store it, if not then can you store an illumination you dont have readied at the time?
    You do not, in fact, use the illumination in question as part of storing it in your device - it is simply part of the mote allocation action. You do, however, need to have the illumination in question readied if you wish to store it - this has been clarified.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I seem to have written a deity.
    This is wonderful! Really, it is. Aside from earning a definite place when I finally get around to the 'evokers in the world' segment, it's something I feel could be made into a very solid theme for a PrC as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeRaids View Post
    Nope. No ranged weapon adds strength unless it is a a thrown weapon, or unless there's a special weapon gimmick in play, like Composite bows.

Ironically, the Undead-themed evoker is one of the first PrC ideas I had when starting the ToR. I just haven't ever gotten around to working on it. Never thought to tie it to Ravenloft, I admit - I only have a passing knowledge of it.

Are you, by any chance, familiar with Princess: the Hopeful? :-)
    Actually, I haven't seen this before! WoD is generally not my cup of tea (aside from Genius, because Genius is awesome), but I always appriciate new stuff to look through for ideas, and this looks like the product of a lot of good work in its own right.

Homebrew:

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello all < . .>; It seems I have signed myself up for a game that will be drawing heavily on Tome of Radiance; and I am highly interested! However it's new to me as well*.

Baaaasically I was wondering if I could bug you all for answers to a few questions just to make sure I'm understanding things right < . .>;;

Am I getting Illuminations correctly in that you choose one component of each type, add up the total cost, and then put that in your readied slot?

Example: A basic blast would be -

Power (Foundation), Beam (Shape), Prism, Electricity (Secondary), and the cost would be 3m, with an additional 2m per 15 ft of range you wanted to apply? And then you'd consider that a "Known" Illumination, and if you wanted to actually use it you'd shove that in the Readied slot?

Come to think of it: Is the shape's range dynamic or static? Ie: Say I know, and have readied the above Illumination - can I spend extra motes each round to increase the range when needed? Or is that a pre-determined once the Illumination is known, and you have to wait for a level up to upgrade it?

Just trying to make sure I understand this right... I kinda think I do buuuut I'd rather check than jump into a game and be useless because I don't now what I'm doing.

*Not the genre of course; but the actual nuts and bolts of the system.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Current avatar by me <>_<> Needs work.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

- By FlyingChicken <^,^> - By Akrim.elf <^.^>

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ettin in the Playground

One answer I can give you right now: yes, the Illumination components are locked the moment you craft it. If you want two versions of the blast withdifferent ranges, you have to craft two illuminations. Also, you can add more than one Secondary component. And, you can add additional motes on top of 6our resulting mote cost, just to increase the base damage output.

Upd: checked your math; yes, the Prism Beam of Force would cost 3m, and produce a 15 feet line dealing 3d6 of electricity damage. And, yes, after you craft your Illuminations when you level up, they are Known. Then, you Ready some of them by excersizing for 5 mins, and can use your Readied illuminations as much as you want.
    Last edited by jamieth; 2013-06-30 at 11:33 AM.

Extended signature

17. - Top - End - #407

Jamieth has the right of it here. Essentially, the process to use illuminations goes:

1. Select one Foundation component
    2. Select one Shape component
    3. Select any number of Secondary components (can select zero, if you wish)
    4. If desired, manually increase mote cost
    5. Calculate Foundation component power based on final mote cost

Your illumination is now complete, and on your "Known" list, which you can change at will whenever you increase your evoker level.

Homebrew:

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ettin in the Playground

OK, so, my understanding of action economy still being very imperfect... I need the answer on the following:

Which of the following are legitimate attack options?
    a) using Assault Blast combined with a Marial Strike
    b) dealing situational (i.e. Sneak Attack, or Scout's Skirmish) damage with an Assault Blast
    c) using Assault Blast as part of Charge

d) a) but with Imbue instead of the Assault
    e) b) -//-
    f) c) -//-

Extended signature

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

OK, so, my understanding of action economy still being very imperfect... I need the answer on the following:

b) dealing situational (i.e. Sneak Attack, or Scout's Skirmish) damage with an Assault Blast

e) b) -//-
    f) c) -//-
    a) No, but I expect a feat/PrC to come for this. (Assault blast allows you to make a special action. Maneuvers allow you to make a special action. Maybe! I thought the answer was no, but an attack action is 'any time you'd make an attack', and technically, most maneuvers give you attacks, so...
    b) Yes. You're making an attack, you get sneak attack on it.
    c) Yep. You get an attack action as part of a charge.

d,e,f) Yes, definitely.

...and I have my own question. Is it possible to use an Imbue illumination to charge your weapon, and then to use an Assault blast, thereby ending up with one attack that does double your normal illumination damage?

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ettin in the Playground

That, I can answer, actually - yes, but you can't spend more than your Evoker Level on single type of Illuminations per round, and both Imbue and Assault are Blasts. So... you can only get two weak Illuminations on a single attack. Thanks for clarifying my doubts!

Extended signature

21. - Top - End - #411

Fashionista

"What do you mean, fewer ribbons? Are you trying to make me cry?"
    -Janna the Dollmaker

A magical girl's costume is more than a simple suit of clothing or armor - it is an extrusion of her very spirit. The costumes of the most iconic evokers live on as icons as much as their wearers do, and a well-honed device can hold its own against the most ancient of mythical weapons.

For some evokers, however, simply channeling her power through a costume is not enough. These rare few devotees bond with their equipment on an unmatched level, gaining an intimate understanding of the underlying mechanisms of their radiant armaments. These individuals may seem eccentric to some untouched by the light, but to many evokers, such mastery is the subject of envy as much as anything else.

A fashionista is never dirty, nor ruffled, or out of place. She is elegant. Collected. And she always knows how to dress for the occasion.

Requirements
    To become a fashionista, you must fulfill the following criteria.
    Base Attack Bonus: +4
    Skills: Craft (Armorsmithing) 8 ranks OR Craft (Weaponsmithing) 8 ranks, Use Magic Device 8 ranks
    Feats: Radiant Arsenal
    Special: Must possess the Radiant Armaments class feature, and be capable of infusing your armaments with two costume effects at once

Spoiler
    Show
    This is a short PrC, and the entry requirements are far from draconian. Champions qualify almost effortlessly, but any evoker can take the class to completion - they just enter a little later.

Class Skill List: Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge [History] (Int), Knowledge [Local] (Int), Perform (Cha), Sense Motive (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), Use Magical Device (Cha)
    Skill Points at Each Level: 4 + Int modifier.

Spoiler
    Show
    A few expansions from the Champion list - most notably Disguise, putting all that design expertise to good use.

Fashionista
    Hit Dice: d10

Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special Illuminations
    1st +1 +2 +2 +0 Costume Mastery, Bottomless Wardrobe, Transformation Sequence (Standard) ---
    2nd +2 +3 +3 +0 Expanded Arsenal, Instant Accessories, Extra Imbuement +1 level of existing class
    3rd +3 +3 +3 +1 Transformation Sequence (Move) +1 level of existing class
    4th +4 +4 +4 +1 Expanded Arsenal, Dazzling Flourish +1 level of existing class
    5th +5 +4 +4 +1 Transformation Sequence (Swift), Sacrifice Costume, Extra Imbuement ---

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A fashionista is proficient with all simple and martial weapons and with all armor (heavy, medium, and light) and shields (but not tower shields).

Spoiler
    Show
    Very solid chassis here - two good saves, full BAB, d10 HD, and full armor proficiency. Notably, this means that regardless of what the evoker wore before, the additional costumes granted by this class can be designated as any costume type!

Illuminations: At each indicated level, a fashionista gains an increase in evoker level, illuminations known, illuminations readied, innate illuminations, and personas known as if they had gained a level in an illumination-using class to which they belonged before adding the prestige class level. She does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained. If she had more than one illumination-using class before becoming a fashionista, she must decide to which class to add each level for the aforementioned purposes.

Radiant Armaments: At 2nd and 5th levels, the fashionista increases her Imbuement limit by one.

Spoiler
    Show
    Three-fifths illumination progression is definitely the 'weak link' in the fashionista's chassis, but nobody is going to complain about an extra costume effect.

Costume Mastery (Su): More than any other evoker, a fashionista understands the underpinnings of her mystical armaments, effortlessly awakening powers other magical girls must devote time and energy to activate. Every costume effect manifested by the fashionista is automatically imbued with a number of free motes equal to her class level. These extra motes cannot be extracted from her costume elements, and count normally against the limit on how many motes may be imbued into a single costume element at any given time.

Spoiler
    Show
    A fashionista's costume elements mean a lot more than those of most evokers - what others need to expend precious motes for, a fashionista can maintain as a passive effect. Bringing costume elements to their full potential still requires mote investment, but it is significantly more possible to support multiple costume effects with this class feature to help you.

Bottomless Wardrobe (Su): For each instance of the Radiant Arsenal feat the fashionista possess, she may select an additional costume and an additional device, rather than selecting only one of the two.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fashionistas get tons of costumes. Really, they do.

Transformation Sequence (Su): While any evoker worthy of the name understands the simple ritual to summon their costume from the ether, a fashionista takes the process a step further – not only accelerating the process, but harnessing the transformation as a potent defense in its own right. As a standard action, the fashionista may initiate a transformation sequence, which lasts until the start of her next turn. While wrapped in this transformation sequence, the fashionista loses the benefits of any costume she might be wearing, including its armor bonus to AC and any costume effects she might be manifesting with it. However, she also gains DR/- equal to [evoker level + class level] as the radiant energy she harnesses shields her from physical harm.

When the transformation sequence ends, the fashionista may immediately manifest any of her available costumes. If she was already wearing a costume, and had motes invested in one or more of its costume effects, she may choose to either transfer the invested motes freely into the costume effects of her new costume or release them back into her mote pool – this occurs before the fashionista’s motes refresh for the turn.

After using a transformation sequence to don any given costume, the fashionista may not use this ability to don the same costume a second time until she spends one minute concentrating and refreshing the energy of her radiant arsenal.

Beginning at 3rd level, the fashionista may choose to initiate a transformation sequence as a move action. Beginning at 5th level, she may choose to initiate a transformation sequence as a swift action.

Spoiler
    Show
    While every evoker can perform a transformation sequence of sorts - simply summoning their costume as a full-round action - the fashionista hones it to an art form. She can change costumes more quickly than her counterparts, and while she is theoretically vulnerable while using this ability, most attacks will be severely reduced in effectiveness if they attempt to break through her sequence's innate barrier.

Expanded Arsenal (Ex): At 2nd level, and again at 4th level, the fashionista gains Radiant Arsenal as a bonus feat.

Spoiler
    Show
    If these things weren't immaterial when not in use, you'd need a walk-in closet.

Instant Accessories (Su): Beginning at 2nd level, a fashionista’s attunement to her devices is so immaculately bound that she can recall them with but a thought. She may henceforth summon any of her devices as a swift action, rather than a full-round action. The fashionista may still only have one device manifested at any given time, but she may dismiss her currently summoned device as part of the same swift action summons if she wishes to do so.

Spoiler
    Show
    Switching between weapons mid-combat is something few characters can pull effectively, but a fashionista has an entire arsenal of powerful devices at her beck and call...

Dazzling Flourish (Su): The swiftness and grace with which the fashionista can draw and discard her devices can leave even the most observant foes befuddled at the patterns woven by her versatile arsenal. Beginning at 4th level, when a fashionista summons a device with a swift action, enemies are considered to be flat-footed against attacks made with that device until the end of her turn. Once dazzled in this manner, an enemy cannot suffer this effect again from the summoning of the same device for 24 hours – though the fashionista can continue to befuddle her foes by continuing to pull new weapons from the ether.

Spoiler
    Show
    ...and to sweeten the deal, many enemies can be thrown off-balance by the unusual breadth of weaponry displayed by a fashionista. She's at her best when she is in a position to constantly adapt, repeatedly shifting weapons to meet the needs of combat and keep her enemies baffled and misdirected.

Costume Damage (Su): As much as she loves her costumes, a fashionista realizes that a few simple rips and tears are nothing her personal poise can’t compensate for. Beginning at 5th level, as a free action, the fashionista can redirect damage from any single damage source from herself to her costume. If she does this, the fashionista takes no damage from the redirected attack. However, using this technique damages her costume to the point of uselessness – it no longer grants any bonus to AC, and any costume effects bound to it are immediately dismissed. A fashionista’s other costumes are unaffected. A costume destroyed in this manner is automatically restored to full functionality the next time the fashionista spends eight or more hours resting. No other form of repair, even spells or effects designed specifically to repair equipment, is capable of reversing the damage incurred by this ability. A fashionista must be wearing a costume to use this ability, and she cannot redirect damage to an already-damaged costume.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sooner or later, something will come your way that you just can't afford to let hit you - a massive blast, a megaton punch, or the bullet from a well-aimed sniper rifle. When when it comes down to the wire, a magical girl always seems to pull through in the end. Costumed torn and burnt, but wearer alive and well. Good thing you brought spares, right?

Sample Fashionista
    Janna the Dollmaker: Champion 5/Fashionista 3
    CR 8 Living Construct, Neutral Good
    Last edited by Selinia; 2014-04-05 at 02:48 PM.

Homebrew:

22. - Top - End - #412

e) b) -//-
    f) c) -//-
    Lix Lorn nailed most of these, but with regards to a), you may not use an Assault Blast with a martial strike. Martial strikes are (generally) standard-action effects that include an attack. To my knowledge, the attack launched as part of a strike is still a standard-action effect, and a wholly seperate entity from an 'attack action'. You cannot make a full attack with Strikes, for example, or include them in one - at least, not without special permission from something. I may be mistaken on this, but they are not supposed to interact - if you're looking to put a blast on a strike, that is what Imbue is for, and mastering Assault and Imbue blasts is a significant part of the power of the Valkyrie PrC.

In other news, Changelog!

• Added the Fashionista Prestige Class! As the successor to the Costumed Crusader, the fashionista is the master of costume-as-equipment. While they give up some of an evoker's more esoteric abilities, the fashionista offers a strong chassis, rock-solid defenses, and a fluid, adaptable combat style.

Working on this, it occured to me that I really need to expand on the costume sections of the ToR a bit more. They're presently a little sparse, and with something like the fashionista opening up a plethora of options at once, this flaw is only exacerbated.

Homebrew:

23. - Top - End - #413

It is my personal opinion that the reason for the existence of D&D 3.5 edition was for the birth of the Tome of Radiance. Keep it up.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

I think the problem might be that, as far as I know, there is no official definition of an attack action. It's just an action that the homebrew community has seized upon as logical.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ettin in the Playground

Love the Fashionista! So much fun to do with it - should I ever run a ToR campaign, I'll just have to pull a transformation sequence on my players... because I know they will attempt to beat up the Magical Girl while she's transforming. Nice way to teach them that going against genre tropes might be unwise. In fact, I have the idea for a not-really-villain, an Empath built to maximize the WTF effect on the players)
    Flipping coins instead of rollind dice, saying things like "sky is red, sun is green, [artifact name] is in [place name]" while PCs' magic confirms all of those statements are true... (for added fun, the artifact is really there), pulling out increasingly impossible weapons mid-fight provoking players to ask, "how do you fight with that?" (The answer, of course, would be, "I've no idea. Nor is your character, therefore, he's flafooted.") Fun stuff)

upd: A couple small caveats:

{table=head]Level|Illuminations

1st|
    ---

2nd|
    +1 level of existing class

3rd|

4th|
    |

5th|
    ---
    [/table]

Two-fifths illumination progression is definitely the 'weak link' in the fashionista's chassis, but nobody is going to complain about an extra costume effect.
    Looks more like three-fifths to me)

Expanded Arsenal (Ex): At 2nd level, and again at 4th level, the fashionista gains Expanded Arsenal as a bonus feat.
    You meant Radiant Arsenal, I guess?
    Last edited by jamieth; 2013-07-04 at 05:09 AM.

Extended signature

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

Love the Fashionista! So much fun to do with it - should I ever run a ToR campaign, I'll just have to pull a transformation sequence on my players... because I know they will attempt to beat up the Magical Girl while she's transforming. Nice way to teach them that going against genre tropes might be unwise. In fact, I have the idea for a not-really-villain, an Empath built to maximize the WTF effect on the players)
    Flipping coins instead of rollind dice, saying things like "sky is red, sun is green, [artifact name] is in [place name]" while PCs' magic confirms all of those statements are true... (for added fun, the artifact is really there), pulling out increasingly impossible weapons mid-fight provoking players to ask, "how do you fight with that?" (The answer, of course, would be, "I've no idea. Nor is your character, therefore, he's flafooted.") Fun stuff)

upd: A couple small caveats:

Looks more like three-fifths to me)

You meant Radiant Arsenal, I guess?
    Where do you get coin-flips and true lies?
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ettin in the Playground

I remember some of the Empath's aspects having powers like that. Don't remember which, though...

Extended signature

28. - Top - End - #418
    Troll in the Playground

Fashionista failed to make it into the front page.

How does Fashionista interact with Radiant Armorer

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ettin in the Playground

Rather well, I suppose; it makes the feat almost twice as powerful (by making it give both Device and Costume) AND gets it as a bonus feat - twice)

Extended signature

30. - Top - End - #420
    Troll in the Playground

Am having to debate which of the two to take first. Fashionista brings a solid boost in power, but Radiant Armorer gives more versatility.

Oh well, I'll figure something out.