Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default The Alpha Panda, Serenity RPG OC

The Alpha Panda

Welcome to the OC thread for the Serenity RPG game set on board the former Independent vessel, The Alpha Panda.

Episodes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Season One. Out in the Black
    Episode One: The Derelict
    Episode Two: Haulin' Ice
    Epsiode 3: Boom Town
    Episode 4: Side Tracked
    Episode 5: Mine Drift

Crew:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cap'n Rouge - Ships Cat and Owner.

Jack Oregon Our "Smuggler Captain" Jack;
    Emotionally scarred Browncoat spacer, mortgage holder, captain and co-pilot.

雷铁翼 Léi Tiě Yì spacer-child and forced Alliance conscript, excellent pilot and comm officer. Also, the happiest person on the boat.

Dr. Sia Ling Familiar with all the parts of the human anatomy. And not afraid to mess around with them. Or their owners.

Tap Our swiss army knife Mechanic, Large Scarred & Ugly ex-alliance mechanic with cybernetic arm and eye. Loyal, soft spoken & gentle.

Some "Deck Hands"
    Jeremiah Coleman Bruiser, soldier, muscle. Fairly quiet and simple in his tastes and mannerisms, but can be easily set off by mention of the Alliance and The War. Prime example of "walk softly and carry a big stick"... only in this case, you know, the stick is a gun.

Morgan Blake a Mute Ex-Alliance Special Forces Agent with an arsenal of weapons who went rogue during a cover-up gone wrong.
    Gregoire Reaufort is a Former Independent tactician and Budding Evil Genius.
    Backstory here.

Stirling 'Shooter' Young a rough and ready rim world man.

Recently arrived to take the position of cook Grace Willows (Ph.D.). A motherly type in her fifties, gardener and Pacifist.

"Passanger" Adrian Star recently rescued off a derelict that had been attacked.

"Freed Indentured Servant" Amiri, a young man freed from the Mary Celestia.

Ship
    Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dimensions: 160Lx190Bx52H.
    Tonnage: 1600 GRT.
    Speed Class: 5 cruise / 8 Hard burn.
    Crew Quarters:11. 1 larger single cabin with a desk for the captain, 2 x 4 person Bunkbed Cabins, 1x 2 person Bunkbed Cabin.
    Fuel Capacity: 80 tons, 400GRT (960h).
    Cargo Capacity: 200 Ton
    Passenger Capacity: 6, 3 x 2 person bunksbed Rooms
    Price: You Owe a certain amount of cash every month and a certain amount of favours. Either do the Favours, or Pay the Cash. +€400 a month for upkeep.
    Atributes: Agi d10, Str d6, Vit d8, Ale d6, Int d6, Wil d6;
    Init d10+d6, Life 12.
    Traits: Fast Throttle (minor), Memorable (minor), Loved
    (Major).
    Skills: Mechanical Engineering d4, Perception d4, Pilot
    d4.
    Gear:Med bay, 2 1lb Cannon, mounted above port and starboard cargo bay airlocks.

Side View:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ground Floor, Bridge:
    Spoiler
    Show

1st Floor, Crew Quarters:
    Spoiler
    Show

2nd Floor, Cargo Bay:
    Spoiler
    Show

3rd Floor, Passenger Bay:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Adlan; 2012-12-20 at 12:46 PM.
    Necromunda Total War:IC
    Necromunda Total War:OC

Spoiler
    Show
    Brair Freeman of Tariola, 4 levels of Ranger.
    Amiri Pakeha Khan, M.Eng Ship's mechanic.

And I'll dance to Tom Payne's bones,
    Dance to Tom Payne's bones,
    Dance in the oldest boots I own,
    to the rhythm of Tom Payne's bones.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Alpha Panda, Serenity RPG OC

The Alpha Panda. Our home out of atmo.

Doc Sia will use Indigo for speech.
    Due to Unforeseen Circumstances, I am on an erratic schedule.

I will resume posting within a couple of days and will be trying to get some things moving again.

3. - Top - End - #3

All good on the deckplans, with two exceptions: our pilot, comm officer, sensor officer, and navigator are all the same person, and shouldn't the person doing most of the flying be sleeping next to the bridge?

雷铁翼 Léi Tiě Yì

Speaking in blue.

Picture
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by cgrela; 2012-10-17 at 01:33 PM.

Finals 24 April to 9 May

I will be be in Vietnam and China from 11 May to 19 June. Internet access may be sporadic.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Excellent!

So, what do you think Lentrax... quarter up in the room on the 1st floor in the upper left corner (just beside the ladder to the Bridge)? Keep it bunk beds or make it a double?

I was also thinking (if it's alright, Adlan) that I could have a secret compartment in the "body" of my bed for my guns. And I was hoping that maybe you can only unlock it when the door to the room is locked. Thoughts?

Cole will use green.
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-10-17 at 12:11 PM.
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Looks good. Adrian Starr will speak in Navy

When it comes to deck plans: one could have double systems (like for first and 2nd pilot on a plane) which enables the same person to do all, but also to split it up in times when you want one to concentrate on flying and need someone with full attention on the com or navigation as well
    check out my metal band: http://www.facebook.com/Dreamslain
    and my blues / heavy rock / metal band: http://www.facebook.com/BlueLightDistrict

Wash: "Sweetie, we're crooks. If everything were right, we'd be in jail."

"... and as I was leaving, she told him to eat her cat!"

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Sounds good to me, but let's make it a double.

I will resume posting within a couple of days and will be trying to get some things moving again.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Done!

And Adlan (and the rest of the crew, I suppose) - would it be alright if we had a work-out area? It doesn't have to be anything extravagant, just akin to the weight bench and free weights that they had on Serenity?

Also... reposting pics in here (because the recruitment threads get wiped after so long).

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-10-17 at 02:27 PM.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Tap will speak in DarkSlateGray

And will take whatever room, most likely a double, whoever is brave enough to bunk with the big man, most likely Morgan, the other ex Alliance who doesn't talk much or Léi Tiě Yì

Perhaps both as the double may have just been taken
    Last edited by Unkabear; 2012-10-17 at 02:27 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Cael The Fall, The Found, The Departed New Guard
    Mr. E The Guard
    Ozzy the Otter SCIENCE!
    Zzhefan Tallymen
    Mooageddon L.O.S.E.
    Sara Martins The Found

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Hehehe... I reworked Cole's pic (above).
    Everybody check out the emblem on the right breast of his armor.

I'm so proud of myself.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

10. - Top - End - #10

We seem to be missing a shuttle. We need that significantly more than 24 seats of escape pod. We could replace the upper two.
    Last edited by cgrela; 2012-10-17 at 02:32 PM.

Finals 24 April to 9 May

I will be be in Vietnam and China from 11 May to 19 June. Internet access may be sporadic.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

I'm for that.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

One thing I notice on the ship, is that either we are always loading at specialized locations like space stations or multi level docks, or loading in space as there is no ground level access to the cargo hold.

Am I just reading this wrong, or is that a feature that I channeling Tap & just am missing?
    Spoiler
    Show

Mr. E The Guard
    Ozzy the Otter SCIENCE!
    Zzhefan Tallymen
    Mooageddon L.O.S.E.
    Sara Martins The Found

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by cgrela View Post
    We seem to be missing a shuttle. We need that significantly more than 24 seats of escape pod. We could replace the upper two.
    I was hoping someone would catch that. There's another little bonus in there too.

How does two ex Military Cargo Skiffs sound? Able to take off the 25 ton external cargo modules and land them. Added bonus, they are battery charged and act as a heat sink when docked, using the heat to generate power. They came originally

I'll bow out to this groups artistic skill, I must give credit to the creators of the deckplans (I was pretty tired and forgot), they are by K.Mould and D.Malin) so if anyone wants to modify the deck plans, feel free if not I'm happy just relabeling the upper escape pods.

Erasmus: Brilliant, I love it. I really dig the idea of the Long term Crew members wearing a ships patch.

Exercise Area: Keep your weights in the Cargo Bay and be prepared to move them if we need to. They'll probably fit right next to Graces Plants. An Exercise Mat and a Weight Bench or Two, a handy rail to do pull ups on and some dumb bells and you've got an all around gym.

Do we want to Dive right into the IC or will we be wanting to resolve things like shuttles and weight rooms in the OC thread before we begin?

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I think it would be nice to play out the first meeting with Adrian, if you want to make a Bushwhacked kind of start scene.
    Then we could sort the sleeping and such parallel in the ooc
    check out my metal band: http://www.facebook.com/Dreamslain
    and my blues / heavy rock / metal band: http://www.facebook.com/BlueLightDistrict

Wash: "Sweetie, we're crooks. If everything were right, we'd be in jail."

"... and as I was leaving, she told him to eat her cat!"

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15

I say replace the lower pods with shuttles (capacity 6 people each, but only two seats, as they usually carry cargo), and expand those bottom level access tubes into a full room. We can use it for cargo space and extra quarters, as well as have access to the pulse engines from inside the ship. Then we remove the upper two pods, giving us access to the fusion engine (which is all kinds of necessary in this universe, seeing as how without it, the ship doesn't move at any kind of reasonable pace).

Finals 24 April to 9 May

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

I'm kinda antsy to start the ic, but I'm happy to sort out shuttles first if we need to.

I also do like the idea of rp'ing our first meeting with Adrian. It would be interesting.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Adlan: Thanks! I thought that would be kinda cool too. And I definitely have no problem stowing away the work-out stuff from time to time when it's needed.

Cgrela: I also think it would be a nice addition for a few "crawl spaces" that allow additional access to the different parts of the ship that is readily visible. And some hidden nooks and crannies, for some of the more "sensitive" cargo we may or may not take on.

But all things considered... I am ready for the IC thread when everybody else is!
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

I also think it would be a nice addition for a few "crawl spaces" that allow additional access to the different parts of the ship that is readily visible. And some hidden nooks and crannies, for some of the more "sensitive" cargo we may or may not take on.
    I know Tap would be happy to have access to the ship thrugh other means than visible

And for beginning RP Bushwacked style...I am game.
    Spoiler
    Show

Mr. E The Guard
    Ozzy the Otter SCIENCE!
    Zzhefan Tallymen
    Mooageddon L.O.S.E.
    Sara Martins The Found

19. - Top - End - #19

I really like the deckplans, particularly the layout of the bridge. It fits nicely with the ex-military theme that goes with the Mantis - though I assume all those roles can be fulfilled by the pilot alone if need be, as the ship's minimum crew is 2.

And I'm fine to start whenever

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfall View Post
    Lookin' real shiny, Adlan!

I've got two things I couldn't identify, though: What are the green areas marked "L" and the round ones marked "AH"?

And would the Captain and her human mind if I set up shop in the 2nd floor cargo module on the far upper right? Figure with them ladders in front of it, it might not be used for big cargo anyway...
    Sounds fine to the Cap'n - Jack, too

The skiffs sound really useful too. Does anyone have Planetary Vehicles trained, though?

Jack will speak in Brown!

20. - Top - End - #20

The skiffs are shuttles, and therefore use the pilot skill. If we have a Mule, that will use the planetary vehicle skill.

Finals 24 April to 9 May

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Morgan Blake, ready to roll out!
    Sheet:
    Spoiler
    Show
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=452701

Fluff
    Spoiler
    Show

Morgan Blake
    +++Classified Personal Documents, the Following are Private Property+++

Some remark that I don't say much. Some remark that I am the way I am because I prefer the mystique, the air of sophistication and professionalism. Some remark that I like to play the mysterious stranger. If I could, I would disagree. I don't say much because I have lost the power of speech.
    I was born this way. Mute, that is. My muteness began on the planet of Persephone. I was the child that no one wanted. My father was a business executive, and my mother did little aside from bearing his three children, of which I was the eldest and least expected. Despite their careful planning to conceive only two children, a male and a female, I slipped through the cracks in their scheme. My brother, Thompson, became my father's right hand man, living through his shadow. My sister, Maria, was living at home still at the time I was cast out. My family decided, when I was 17, that I would never amount to anything. I said my goodbyes, and enlisted in the Alliance Special Forces. They recognized that I had talent, and that a man captured by the enemy without a voice would offer very little information to the enemy. They made me feel useful, putting me to work with my guns and a squad of 5 other soldiers from similar backgrounds, led by a man named Colonel Marcus Chung. There were 6 of us in all, each of us with our own specialty. Captain, vehicles, infiltration, long-range elimination, assault, and heavy weapons. We were all highly trained, the men sent on missions that every other division of Alliance military were either too smart or too important to take. I only specifically identify Chung because he is the only one of the soldiers I served with who I blame for the atrocities we committed. I will no go into detail, to save those with weak stomachs, but I shudder to think about the innocent lives taken at the barrel of a gun by the six men of that squad.
    I don't mean to insinuate that the Alliance is evil, you see. In the time I served, I also know that I put many very, very bad men into the ground. I believe that, were I fighting on the side of the Independents, I could say something very similar. During that war, we all did things that don't sit well with us, to this day. Some of us have things they're glad they didn't. In the end, that's what removed me from the Alliance military. One of our own was wounded, unable to go on. Young made the call, kill him rather than leave him to the Independents. No one would do it. He directed the command, to the coldest, calmest one of us, me. I wouldn't do it. Chung kept yelling at me to do it, to kill him, to leave him for dead so we could retreat. In the end, the only bullet that was fired at one of our own that they came from his gun, the bullet entering my chest. The squad left as four from the field that day, two left for dead on the field. The other man died, bled out. I waited for the gunshots to subside, then left. I didn't know where I was going, except for out.
    I hitched rides back to Persephone. It was firm ground, at least. I had no where else to run to. It was there that I discovered that I had been framed, then erased. I suppose I should explain. I don't care to elaborate on how I know the following, but I will share with you the essentials.
    Upon return to his superiors, Chung detailed how I had betrayed them. How I had killed every member of the squad, Chung himself barely being able to shoot me down before fleeing for his life. To this day, I'm not sure how the Colonel killed off the rest of our squad. Officially, I was removed from the records, a ghost. I was a brand on Alliances Special Forces, so every record of my existence was snuffed out in the cover up.
    I tried to return home, but my father and mother wouldn't have me, saying that I risked bringing dishonor on them. Thompson told me the real truth of why the didn't want me around: they had sold Maria off. Father had been cornered and blackmailed by a local crime-lord who called himself Icarus. The payment: Maria and an outrageous sum of money. I was done. I spent a week finding the hideout of the crime-lord, then stormed his safe house. I killed every one of the hit-men and guards in the compound, then found Icarus, caught in the act of defiling my sister. He begged for his life, but I showed no mercy. I blew his brains all over the carpet. I had to leave, and there was no chance that Maria was returning to our family after what had happened. She isn't a great help in a fight, but she can keep her wits about her, as long as there isn't a handsome boy around and the fire doesn't flare up. I try to take care of her, despite any protests she may rally. Deep down, I think she knows that I only want what's best for her, unlike her father.

Personality Profile and Appearance:
    Morgan Blake is, by all standards, physically unremarkable. He stands just over 6 feet, weighing in slightly on the thin side, which is not uncommon for folk this far out in the verse. His hair is thick, ragged, and black, his bangs dipping past his forehead and the back reaching halfway down his neck, the sides covering his ears. He has a small scar on his upper left chest, where he was shot my his former commanding officer. He dresses, when out of combat, in an assortment of t-shirts and jeans, along with one of two coats: one brown leather, in the style of the Independents, the other a long black duster. No matter what he's wearing, he wears black Alliance Combat boots. When he expects combat, he loads up into his tactical suit, a piece of armor he was wearing when left for dead by his Spec Ops squad. He carries an assortment of guns, and is always armed, even if it is just his dangerous fists. Aside from those, he often straps a katana to his back, along with a rifle, tucks a derringer into his boot, and straps half a dozen pistols to his body, two in shoulder holsters, two more on his belt, and two more in holsters inside each of his coats, which he usually dual wields. Sometimes, he will also carry a double-barreled shotgun inside his coat.
    Blake is a ruthless warrior that seems to feel no emotion that remotely resembles fear. If it was called for, Blake would stand toe to toe with a group of Reavers, unarmed, without fear. He would give his life for those who get close enough to him, namely his sister, as shown by his persecution of the gangster Icarus and his thugs. If anyone insults his family or comrades, Blake will require little encouragement to start shooting and breaking bones.

Maria Blake:
    Despite her tendency to deny it, Maria is highly dependent on her older brother. She was not raised with any sort of future in mind, and was not permitted to attend higher education after being sold to the gangster Icarus as a prostitute and 'companion'. She appears as an attractive young woman with long black hair and green eyes very similar to Morgan's, making it easy to note that the two are related. She is thin, and of moderate height, and usually wears tight jeans and shirts, much to the disapproval of her overly-protective brother, who often makes her wear a large, brown, Independent style coat when she leaves the ship. On Maria's right shoulder blade is a tattoo of a featureless, winged man, the mark of her former owner, Icarus. She is calm and confident in most situations, but tends to act irrationally when confronted by attractive boys (or, in one case, girls), being a bit of a flirt (a trait that originally attracted the unwanted attention of Icarus), and she is quick to panic when violence rears it's ugly head. In short, she is the polar opposite of Morgan.
    Quick Crunch of Traits:
    Allure (Major)

Amorous (Minor)
    Combat Paralysis (Major)
    Memorable (Minor)
    Soft (Minor)
    Idealist (Minor)
    Rebellious (Minor)

And I think he'll speak in... Wait... nevermind

Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Terry for my irate Nightmare Alchemist Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Creed, you guys are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

"Chill! Chill! CHILL!"

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh good, you're all here

Grace Willows
    (Let's just leave out the Ph.D. for now, savvy? )

Appearance and Demeanor
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a lady in her fifties, Grace surely is a sight to behold. With her grey flyaway curls and her lined face, it's not hard to believe that she comes from the Rim. She's always dressed in baggy bib overalls, with an open flannel working shirt on top and a black top underneath that's so faded it might as well be grey.

Her practical brown hands can work true wonders with seeds and soil - and she's not a bad cook, either. Vital and sun-tanned, mild-mannered and full of sweet serenity, she serves as the calm and soul of the crew. She is pacifist to the point that she will not carry a weapon apart from maybe a protein fork at dinner time.

Grace obviously has had an eventful life and seems to enjoy a bit of peace and quiet as her years progress. You will often find her deep in thought, the cobweb of wrinkles on her weathered face distorted into a distant frown. But speak to her, and the wrinkles will form a warm smile instead, always ready to listen to your woes and worries, all the while those experienced hands are working away, giving care to living things.

History (Spoilers!)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Grace Willows was born on Shadow 52 years ago. From early age on, she was fascinated by all things living around her, and soon it became evident that Grace was a child prodigy. As soon as she had learned to read, she started to virtually teach herself the solutions to all the world’s secrets that intrigued her so. Barely out of the decrepit primary school the farming planet offered, she knew more about natural sciences than many grown-ups on her small world.

Her parents, who were fairly wealthy, finally faced the truth that their daughter had to be educated in earnest should she ever be able to gain a profession that truly suited her talents and wishes. With a heavy heart, they sent her off to the Core to enroll at the best school they could afford. Grace surprised with nearly full marks in the entrance examination’s science column but almost failed the expression and writing part. The school took her in and some years later, with top marks in earth and life sciences, she was sent on to university on Ariel.

Grace excelled at university, concentrating on the fields of biology and geology. After her degree, she enrolled in the research department of the Alliance-run university and became one of the leading botanists and experts for post-terraforming cultivation. Her doctoral thesis revolutioned the scientific approach of flora development. She undertook many journeys to terraforming facilities, witnessing herself the effects of her work. There still is no greater pleasure for Grace than to walk barefoot through grass or woodland that no-one’s foot seems to have touched yet. Nevertheless she also reveled in the expertly groomed parks of Ariel, and gardening - tending things growing - has remained her greatest passion ever since.

Grace had been working quite a time on a formula that would be able to genetically influence crop after it had already been planted (to make it more suited to a fast-changing environment) when her work turned out as something quite the opposite: The substance started to do horrible things to plants and animals, violently mutating them until they were no longer capable of living. Grace was horror-stricken and put a stop to any experiments, meaning to close the file forever, when the Alliance expressed interest into the substance - for military purposes.

Grace denied that there could be any strategic use for a biological weapon as devastating as this and quashed any more requests. Then Unification War broke loose, and Grace found it increasingly difficult to concentrate on her work. She eventually took unpaid leave and travelled to the Border planets, fleeing the War. She did not return to Shadow, although she stayed in contact with her parents who, despite their age, were moonlighting as active Browncoat supporters. But Grace couldn't bring herself to join the war against her former employers. Little did she know about the huge role she would nevertheless play in it.

Because in the meantime, a new inquiry from the Alliance reached Grace’s laboratory at the university, requesting disclosure of her work on the genetic crop serum. Without Grace being present, research documentary and testing samples were handed over without any delay.

The formula played an essential role in the devastation of Shadow and only when all was lost, Grace finally learned that it had been her work that had destroyed her home world. Until today, Grace has never been able to overcome the guilt and self-reproach of having destroyed a whole world and everything that lived on it - including her own family (she keeps forgetting that severe Alliance bombing is to blame there, too). Until today, she still has nightmares of the destruction of Shadow and her parents dying, putting the blame on her.

Grace never returned to the university. She had earned a considerable amount of cred while working in one of the Core’s leading research institutions, and now spent the biggest part of it to get any data on her career or research erased from the Cortex. The Alliance, of course, still owns an exhaustive file on her. They have been issuing frequent job offers in their military research labs, but, horrified, Grace has declined every single one of them. They keep sending headhunters and high-ranking scientist colleagues after her, trying to persuade her.

Grace has taken to a nomadic life, now and then settling in some god-forsaken spot on a planet of the Rim, packing up her things and moving on when they manage to spot her again. Quite involuntarily, she thus finds herself with an impressing list of contacts among the powerful, living off the dwindling rest of her ill-gotten earnings. Just now, Grace has again left the beloved planetary soil to try hiding aboard a ship - a moving target supposed to ensure her at least some peace of mind for the time being...

Questions (moderately spoilery...)
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. What's your character's greatest accomplishment / fondest memory?
    Obtaining her doctorate from a Core university. Made her parents sooo proud and had her really believe for a moment there that she'd found the place in the 'Verse where she belonged.

2. What's your character's worst nightmare?
    Shadow. It already happened, and it comes back to her every night ever since. She never saw it for herself, but her imagination runs wild from what she saw happen on the test fields and from pictures of how her home planet looks now. It replays the catastrophe every night for her in 3D and surround sound, showing her what happened while she cowardly and selfishly hid on the Rim.

3. What're your character's views on the other side, whichever side that is?
    They're not to be trusted. Ever. Again. They'll take the best you've got to give (or the worst) and turn it into their own power and gain on the backs of innocent people. And they'll make it so that it will always, always be your fault.

4. On a scale from 1 to genocide, how far would your character be willing to go to get what he/she wants?
    ...half a point? Grace would have to be pushed really hard to even pick up a weapon, lest fire one. It really, really pushed (say, if loved ones/her new family were involved), she might not be above threatening, but I don't think she would really dare to desecrate any more life that she already has.

5. On a scale from 1 to death, how much would your character be willing to sacrifice to protect his/her interests and/or the others?
    Despite her outward warmth and cheerfulness, Grace doesn't hold her own life very dearly. She's old, her life and everything she strove for is over (and how). If a loved one is in danger, she will consider her life less valuable.

6. Is there anyone in the 'Verse who wants your character dead? If so, who / what organization(s) / how badly?
    Hmmm... There might be other people who have Shadow to avenge... If such a someone really found the connection between Grace's research and Shadow's end... And she couldn't even blame them.

7. What is your character working for? (Money, fame, adventure, survival, etc.)
    Grace is done being selfish. She has so much to atone for. Her last refuge is to find pleasure in tending to growing things. Helping in small ways. Give the misfits she's fallen in with a bit of a home, a bit of comfort, a bit of advice. Every bit probably helps balance out the horrible things her insatiable mind has done to the 'Verse. Grace knows she cannot ever again be trusted with power over great things. So what else is there... than the little things?

Hopefully the Alliance will let her do that in gorram peace.

Grace's speech color is Dark Red.

I'm not entirely averse to starting right away...

(@Erasmas: Nice Pic!)
    ~*~

"I wanted to see the universe,
    so I stole a Time Lord
    and I ran away..."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks!

Thank you for the use of the symbol (guess I should'be asked first, huh)?
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by Unkabear View Post
    One thing I notice on the ship, is that either we are always loading at specialized locations like space stations or multi level docks, or loading in space as there is no ground level access to the cargo hold.

Am I just reading this wrong, or is that a feature that I channeling Tap & just am missing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlan View Post
    Firefly is an Antigrav capable culture. Little Kaylee and an Antigrav shift can move tons of cargo with simple pulleys and chains. Without the limitations of gravity (and the ship will come with all the gear, second hand maybe but everything to operate), a 2nd story loading bay becomes security, rather than an impossibility.

And you have the external squares, which are cargobays you can load or unload in space. You can even refit them to take shuttles, though that's expensive.
    hope that helps

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

And you have the external squares, which are cargobays you can load or unload in space.
    But they're usually pressured, right? 'Cause the usual entrances have airlocks? I don't need much for my greenhouse, but air's kind of necessary...

(@Erasmas: Naaw, it's OK - it's what I've made them for. Creative Commons an' all...)
    Last edited by Sunfall; 2012-10-18 at 01:53 AM.
    ~*~

so I stole a Time Lord
    and I ran away..."

26. - Top - End - #26

But they're usually pressured, right? 'Cause the usual entrances have airlocks? I don't need much for my greenhouse, but air's kind of necessary...

(@Erasmas: Naaw, it's OK - it's what I've made them for. Creative Commons an' all...)
    yeah, they are normally pressured. I thought your plants were in the main cargo bay, next to/under the stairs and exercise gear though?

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

I rather thought of that 25 ton module on the far upper right - the one where you have to go under the stairs to get in. With an enclosed space being better for humidity and all...
    ~*~

so I stole a Time Lord
    and I ran away..."

28. - Top - End - #28

I rather thought of that 25 ton module on the far upper right - the one where you have to go under the stairs to get in. With an enclosed space being better for humidity and all...
    Sure, whatever you prefer. I'd be worried about it being cut off from the life-support system, It needs CO2 and locked behind an airlock it could use up all it has.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmmm, yes, thought about that, too. For a start, you could just leave the air lock open, couldn't you? And then there's the possibility of somehow running the air filtering systems by it, effectively feeding CO2 into it. But I guess a modification like that really would take time...

Or maybe I just use the banged-up old cargo container after all, put it in the cargo hold, tuck it into a corner and be done with it It would be open all the time anyway...
    ~*~

so I stole a Time Lord
    and I ran away..."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

And we will get some great looks when we are stopped by the Alliance when they come across it & begin to question us...and we defend our little garden in space as fresh fruit is worth the fight.
    Spoiler
    Show

Mr. E The Guard
    Ozzy the Otter SCIENCE!
    Zzhefan Tallymen
    Mooageddon L.O.S.E.
    Sara Martins The Found