New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Sin of Pride - Black Crusade

Salome's smile widens. "Oooh, methinks I sense a kindred spirit here ... what sins lurk within the sin of pride? Let us simply agree that we are both women who understand that not all activities need be done by light of day. Knowing the value of a dark, secluded spot away from prying, inquisitive eyes can be a godsend, don't you agree?"
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

The woman, now looking slightly confused, smirks slightly at the pun of "sin on the sin of pride". "What are you up to here? You certainly are not of the crew. But...." she runs a hand down Salome's face and taps her nose. "Are you an ally or an enemy?"
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Raising an eyebrow, Salome laughed outloud. This was almost too easy ... which meant that she should probably be cautious. With a thought to Sid, she asked, Sid, dear, can you delve into the pysche of our dear lady here without alerting her? I would LOVE some insight into her thoughts and intentions ...

Aloud, she simply shrugged. "My scrumptous morsel, look at me ... I am a much better ally than an enemy. What shall we a-lie upon?"

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Right-o, Sally girl.

Sid, currently blending into the background in the role of a faceless minion, casts an idle gaze upon the leader of the trio and stares straight into her soul. But in a subtle sort of way, you know? Be all silky touch and go ghosting in and out, through the lady's lobes. It's all just more pretty lights to Sid.

Spoiler
    Show

Thought Sending, Fettered
    Focus Power: 121 (Willpower 61 + Psy Rating 10 + Psy Focus 10 + Difficulty 40) vs (1d100)[91]

Mind Probe (subtle), Fettered
    Focus Power: 61 (Willpower 61 + Psy Rating 10 + Psy Focus 10 - Difficulty 20) vs (1d100)[58]

Still sustaining the Mind Probe on Salome.
    Last edited by Tome; 2012-10-25 at 06:05 PM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Hey Tome.

What thoughts are you hunting for in the Lady's head?

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

The women looks at the slaneeshi renegade with a strange, almost hungry look on her narrow face. To Sid rifling through her surface thoughts he can feel aggression fading. Or at least towards to Salome. The others, Sid inclued, she care ought for.

The young lady looks up at the others, "If you come, do they come too or are they expendable." The question driected at Salome encompasses all of the other heretics. Sid still rifling around her head can feel the honest truth.

Waiting for Salome's response, "As for you. You can come with me. I have some nice Craich to drink if you wish". A thoght of pure pleasure at the thought of such a forbidden liquid!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Presuming that Sid shares the basic gist of what he learns ...

Salome smiled sweetly, her lavender eyes wide and innocent. "My dear, good help is hard to find, so you'll understand if I wish to keep my playthings a bit longer. However, if you wish to have a private discussion, I'm sure they can find something to amuse themselves while we amuse ourselves. Craich, you say?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't recognize the drink ... Forbidden Lore (heresey) TN 51 - (1d100)[98]
    EDIT - like I said, don't recognize the drink ... or food ... or drug ... or whatever it is.

Willing to find a little spot alone for some girl-on-girl ...uh ... discussions. Of course, she might be seducing me, so we'll keep Sid firmly ensconsed in her noggin (insurance, you know). This might be our in to the upstairs ... linking up with the black market could give us more access and not require any slaughter ... for now
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-10-30 at 09:15 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

The woman nods and beckons the heretics to follow her. "Have a care above deck. Do not speak and keep your heads down. THis is the above decks on an Inquisition vessel. No one should look too cheerful." the statement made with a smile as she relished how ridiculous it all was.

Its a short 10-15 minute walk along some disused passageways before they reach a sealed bulkhead. She pulls a datapad from her pocket and carefully enters a code before slowly opening the bulkhead and making sur ethe coast is clear. "Come. We are on action stations and we are on "patrol" she mutters gesturing to the louts still eyeing Salome's companions suspiciously.

A brief jog down 3 corridors and up a ladder leaves the grou outside a disused cargo bay. A worn and creased looking ministratum notice explaining that the cargo hold lacks atmospheric control and needs repair now 8 years out of date. Again she enters a code onto the aquilla key pad by the door before the door slides open and chaos reigns within! "Behold my kingdom little one" she whispers to Salome.

The cargo hold is busy. A few tough looking guardsman stand by the door with nail guns and other brutish weapons to quell trouble and beyond a dozen peaked tents surround stills, cooking fires and a lively market with a dozen stalls and hundred or so traders and buyers.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Sid just follows along, all up and being a good little minion, grinning a vague little grin as he worms his way as far as he can into the woman's thoughts. Man, some dudes are like, totally clueless about psyker stuff, you know? Else they'd take better precautions and stuff, but that'd totally ruin Sid's thing he has going on here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sid sustains the Mind Probe on the lady during the trip, which is probably more than enough time for him to make the additional checks he needs. Let's see how far in he gets.

Focus Power 1: 61 (Willpower 61 + Psy Rating 10 + Psy Focus 10 - Difficulty 20) vs (1d100)[5]
    Focus Power 2: 61 (Willpower 61 + Psy Rating 10 + Psy Focus 10 - Difficulty 20) vs (1d100)[12]
    Focus Power 3: 61 (Willpower 61 + Psy Rating 10 + Psy Focus 10 - Difficulty 20) vs (1d100)[31]
    Focus Power 4: 61 (Willpower 61 + Psy Rating 10 + Psy Focus 10 - Difficulty 20) vs (1d100)[32]
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Salome watched carefully from under her hood, remembering every turn and twist. Even the code entered would be simply to memorize, assuming she could distinguish the numbers. Of course, Sid could pull the information from the woman's mind ... or Gregor could seize it from the electromagnetic aether.

Once they entered the hidden area, she widened her eyes and 'oooohed' appropriately. Her smile was real, however, for here could be sown the seeds of discontent that would consume this ship and its Imperial todies. Turning from the masses, Salome grinned. "Since we are sharing, I am Siryn and I'm looking for something more ... 'filling' than empty service to a veritable meat grinder. What is your name, and what are your goals?"

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

The woman's thoughts are complex to Sid's mind. He can only catch the briefest smippet of her thoughts. The constant need to stop and concentate irrutating her guards and depriving him of the chance to break her mind fully.

Spoiler
    Show
    Its a full round action as well so everytime you mind probe you stop walking

Her thoughst are mostly benign. Interest in the new people she has met,and a cruel streak as her mind wanders but underneath that a cold brutal personality that likes dominance and desires power.

The woman looks at "Siryin" and waves her and her entourage into the bustling underdeck market. Tellingly many people move back - moving away from the young woman with looks of fear as she heads to some ramshackle structures near the back. A couple of thugs with large blades and handguns lloking at you meaningfully.

Inside a selection of throws cover crates and disused ammo boxes making it almost homely with the small fire burning and "meat" atop the flames. A bottle of somethig strange, purple and exotic is put up. "Here they call me "the razor" so that should suffice. I desire... well a lot of things." She laughs slyly pulling the cork form the bottle and unleashing a thick purple vapour. "Craich. the druchii drink it. A potent drink for our limited human palette." She offers it you all in small tin cups.

Spoiler
    Show
    Are you accepting the Dark Eldar booze

12. - Top - End - #42
    Barbarian in the Playground

A tall, thin, woman approaches. You recognize her as your ally, Myrwenna. She is still clad in her ragged uniform and spotless carapace armor. From watching her practicing, you know that the bolt-pistols on her belt are not just for show, although they too are kept in parade ground condition.

"I wouldn't, but y'all can try it if ya' like," She drawls. "But first, I come bearing gifts..." She indicates several parcels held under her arm. "Scored these from one of the boys over there, might come in handy," she says as she distributes Cameoline cloaks to the group.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

<I was wondering when you were going to catch up with us. I am glad to see your mission had come to an adequate conclusion.> Gregor addresses the recent arrive as he studies the fluid in the cup presented to him before carefully wafting the odor of the fluid towards his olfactory sensors for analysis. He briefly holds out the cup to be scanned by his ever present servo skull. Finally, a flexible tube extends from the front teeth sculpted into his respirator, taking in the fluid for further analysis.

Spoiler
    Show
    Right, so Gastro bionics make Gregor immune to all ingested toxins and harmful materials (Which should include such things as alcohol and other drugs/beverages/foodstuffs... considering he can live off a steady diet of CHARCOAL if he had to...)
    Oh and in addition to my other rolls in case this one is better
    Medicae: (1d100)[9] TN 69 - 6 degrees of success I think? I'm not sure, I'm not used to succeeding at skill checks...
    And Tech use for Auspex to detect poison: (1d100)[32] TN 25

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Are you accepting the Dark Eldar booze
    Uh, hello, Slaanesh here! HELLZ YEAH!

Salome smiled as she gazed around. What a delicious irony - all this under the very noses of the very Inquisition that sought to stamp out such activities! This would make an excellent source to draw from, whether to garner objects of dubious origin or a base to insinuate themselves into the more mainstream portions of the ship.

As they approached what she assumed was a base of operations of sorts, Salome noted the reactions of the people around 'Razor.' The fear was palpable, which was good. If they could control or manipulate this woman, they would have a powerful tool to work their magic. If she couldn't be controlled, then they could at least keep close and monitor her ... until teh time when she was no longer useful.

During their walk, Myrwenna came up. "Ah, dear heart, I was wondering where you had gotten to! Winning friends and influencing people, I see!

Razor, love, she is another friend ... although our mutual relationships may evolve in different directions ..."
    The last was said with a subtle shifting of her hips and a glance to the side that exposed her profile to Razor.

Upon entering Razor's homey 'abode,' Salome almost laughed aloud as the guards stared at her meaningfully. What would they think if she took one of their eyes, she wondered. Sitting down, she leaned forward at the sight of the xenos liquid. There was a shiver that ran down her spine as she sniffed curiously at the thick vapor, then reached out for a tin cup. She sent a quick thought to Sid, Please let me know what she is expecting this to do to us, Sid dear
    Assuming he did not come back with anything dire, she would delicately sip the craich, swirling it on her tongue and letting the flavor infuse her pallet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, what rolls do you need, if any?

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

The light roiling purplish liquid seems dangerous to users if something that a true fleshy one would enjoy. The heretek's readings and analysis pick up small fragments of human blood products within the draught along with a host of hallucinogens.

To Salome the world explodes around her. Sensations fillinher her nose, ears, skin and eyes as sounds and colours swirl and throb filled with a bright edge and a brilliance. Her clothes suddenly silky smooth or sharp and scratch as her skin seemed to tingle with increased sensetivity. A new experience, even for one as jaded as her.

Spoiler
    Show

Get Darksight trait and +20 Perception for the next ~3 hours
    If you pass any test with 5 DoS then you must make a Challenging (+0) WP test or be stunned for 1d5 rounds.

Razor swirls the light almost fuming liquid around her mouth - part drinking, part inhaling the liquid as her eyes open as the sensastions hit her. She smiles and waves at Myrwenna inviting her in and offering some Craich as well. " We must talk now. Talk of how you could help me seize the reins down here."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

<Craich you said this was called? Interesting mix of human blood and hallucinogenic compounds. I shall have to study it further later...> Gregor says in am effort to discreetly alert his companions as to the contents of their cups as he stores a sample of the fluid in a vial.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Salome gasped as her world exploded in sensation. Her eyes rolled up for a moment as she relished the exquisite delight the liquor created. Just rubbing her fingers together was an experience; imagine the delight she was enjoying with the clinging material of her synthskin! The low throaty moan she gave removed any need for imaging.

She opened her eyes and found the world was more than crystal clear, as if her entire life had been viewed from behind clouded glass. The shadows held no secrets to her eyes, and combined with her ability to see within the warp, she new something of what Sid must regularly see.

Inhaling, she could smell the oils from Gregor's mechanics, the acrid scent of metal and ammunition from the bolt pistols on Myrwenna's hips, the sweet perfume of Razor's womanhood, heady and enchanting from here; the semll of lo sticks outside the hab, wafting in the air.

With a moment to compose herself, she looked deeply, almost hungrily, at Razor and smiled. "Yes, let us talk now. Then we shall 'talk' later." First, they would see how to assist this woman in taking over; then they would take the reigns themselves.

But not before Salome had assumed complete control over the supply of this delicious substance that was surely ambrosia from the Dark Prince of Pleasure herself ...

Spoiler
    Show
    Woo, boy ...giving the Slaanesh worshipper the ultimate in sensations ... yeowch!

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

"Razor" smiles slightly as she twitches and writhes as the full effects of the Craich hit her system. An exhalation of pleasure escaping between her lips. Her men all look on, two with lavicious stares, the others with the blank unemotional stare of the psychopath. But all watching the newcomers warily.

As the first rush of the Druchii liquid begins to fade away and her panting stops she leans forward, eyes bright with the effects of the drug. "Well you say you want to help. What can you do? I have heard rumours that the tech-priests... the naughty ones" she giggles slightly at that thought. "They hid something. Something very valuable. I want it. I will pay greatly for it... in thrones or, well other things..... her hips twitch slightly and her hand caresses the bottle of Craich suggestively.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Salome laughed, and had to paused with the sound of her own sultry voice as it echoed back in her ears exotically. As she regained her composure, she nodded to Gregor. "I would love to establish our payment, but methinks my friends here might wish for coin other than that of the simple pleasures of the flesh.

As they ponder, perhaps you can tell us more about this trinket?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Giving the other PCs a chance to speak up ... especially Gregor, who might have a specific interest in this item.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Gregor peers at the now inebriated woman with a hint of interest gleaming in his eyes at the mention of the heretek group having hid something on board the ship. While more interested in genetics than machines, Gregor is still a former tech-priest at heart. <Yes, I had been intending to see what could be salvaged of their work as it would be a pity to allow such things to be destroyed by uneducated lapdogs rather than being utilized for the purpose they were constructed. What sort of device had you heard tell of?>

21. - Top - End - #51
    Barbarian in the Playground

Myrwenna sniffs her cup but abstains from sipping. "I'm sure we can find a reasonable exchange of goods and *ahem* services for our efforts, Razor. My friends and I are adept at this sort of thing."

Thinking loud enough for Sid to hear (she hopes) and relay to the others (Myrwenna has only a slight understanding of the ways of witches...)
    Spoiler
    Show
    If we can obtain a heretekal item of power, perhaps we will be in a position to punish the imperial Navy and the Inquisition for their arrogance.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Glancing at the vacant look on Sid's face, Salome paused for a moment, intrigued by the way his eyes seem to phase in and out of focus. Shaking her head slightly, she turned back to Razor. "Methinks my boy toy is wool gathering again ... it's those funny sticks he smokes.

Back to the discussion ... what can you tell us about these lovely items of antiquity?"
    A faint shudder ran up her spine as the sensations once again gave her pleasure in places no one could see, but they could surely imagine.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

"Razor" smiles a wide smile and licks her lips. "Technology. Valuable technology from the Dark Ages of mankind they say.... It will twist the geller field and allow the demons in..." she shudders, even now in the depths of the Druchii drug making the sign of the Aquilla to ward off evil.

"I want it but if not us then I'll want the Inquisitor's dogs to find it. They are heading planet side but when they get back we will be warp bound."

She smiles a dreamy smile. "Imagine the wealth archaeotch would fetch. We could be rich and libe lke throne damned Malfians until we were old and ugly".

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Salome nodded, smiling at the sign of the Aquilla. "Oh, no, we definitely don't want the demons coming in unannounced! But you have hit upon the true issue ... this technology is worth more in our hands than in the hereteks or Inquisition."

Leaning back, Salome began to rub her leg distractedly, enjoying how it felt ... immensely. In a throaty whisper, she said, "Tell th-the others about the details ... I have no head for such things at this moment..."

Of course, it was a bit of a ruse, but one that held an element of truth; she WAS enjoying the effect the craich was having upon her, and she new that each visual confirmation of enthrallment and depravity she portrayed drew these fools deeper into the lie.

Besides, it felt REALLY good, and she would remember everything said anyways ...

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

<Yes, it would behoove us to ensure these devices are properly contained. Should the gellar field malfunction this ship would likely become yet another space hulk and our survival would not be guaranteed. We should endeavour to secure the artifacts in a timely manner.>

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Razor waves a laguid hand. "As you say. We don't know exactly where it is. I would say ask the tech priests that play so nastily but we have heard that the Deathwatch has been disatched to them. So they will be no more."

She flicks a nail across her palm hissing at the magnified pain and watching the blood drip onto the filthy deck plate. "That is what your magos will be now" she says watching the blood splatters with avid satisfaction.

Maybe you can look in the dark corners of the ship. Maybe you can ask someone? I have a name. You could chase if you wanted?"

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Seeing the blood drip, Salome leaned forward and took Razor's palm and gently sucked on the wound. The taste was incredible, the metallic tang and salty aftertaste sending her senses spinning. Looking up, she nodded at the offer. "Yes, sweet, give us the name. We shall see what we can find."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

<Yes, an identifier would provide us with a means of obtaining further information through various means.> the former Magos contributes, flexing his finger and briefly extending his blades. After a brief pause he backhands the silent, floating servo skull and angrily continues in a quick series of hisses and beeps reminiscent of an ancient, holy device that was once known as a modem {Yes I mean torture you blithering idiot!}

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

She smiles, laughing a little as Salome bites her playfully. Waving at Gregor she smiles cruelly. "He is one of your types that would know. Epsilon 887. Somewhere in the secondary thrust controls he is assigned."

She looks about at the others, then decides she doesn't care. "You don't have to leave so soon..."

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

<An expedient departure minimizes the chance that Epsilon 887 will be detained by another agency.> Gregor says with a slight bow of his head as he departs.