New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Let's vote up another Burning Wheel Character!

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Anyone care to explain how we suddenly went from "Alexander the Great" to "Desperate Houseorcs?"
    Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    Aaaand it looks like that clinches it for Melodramatic Family!
    I think it was here.
    Mannerism RPG An RPG in which your descriptions resolve your actions and sculpts your growth.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

I vote for the Great Wolf mount, just because great wolf. After all, this character could tell any orc just about anywhere to give her stuff, and they would give it to her or die.

The relationships look fine, and they are definitely in agreement with the private lives of your average Caesar.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

I vote for Great Wolf Mount because it wouldn't make any damn sense for our orc not to have one. As for favored weaponry. Spears.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amphetryon View Post
    I was thinking we had mixed "Alexander (or Alexandra) the Great" with "Scott Pilgrim" myself.
    No, no, that comes later. Specifically, when Throgson decides that being King of the Hill Dwarves means nothing without true love, and so abandons his station in its pursuit. He goes to his orc-lover, and asks if she'll run away with him, to leave their lives of constant war and politicking behind. She says she would like to, but she has responsibilities here. The kind of responsibilities that sick seven warbands worth of bloodthirsty monsters on you if you so much as slip up for a second, much less resign to go live peacefully with a dwarf. To be truly free of this life, her entire power base needs to be collapsed, leaving the orc nations in chaos. Only then can her escape go unnoticed. In short,

...if he wants to be with her, Throgson must slay her Seven Evil Orc Mothers-in-Law (which happen to be progressively more dangerous, regardless of which order he confronts them in).
    Last edited by Xefas; 2012-12-02 at 04:40 AM.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Bugbear in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Anyone care to explain how we suddenly went from "Alexander the Great" to "Desperate Houseorcs?"
    I understand you feelings, there are certain part of this character that don't resonate with me at all as well. We(or at least some of us) have however been building up to this for most of the thread, so we're going to have to roll with it,
    If anybody is wondering how this came to be, I'd recommend reading all of Xefas' posts in this thread for a shorthand.

Now on to the voting, mu main vote goes to A set of Black Iron Helm and Shield.
    But I have an idea, people obviously didn't really realise the full extend of rating gear so low with the resource allocation vote, can't we shift those 15 leftover relationship points into gear(or at least some of them) and get at least some less minimal equipment than this?

As for weapons, I like axes, but I forgot if we actually took that skill, so I'll put spears as my second.
    Last edited by Fenix_of_Doom; 2012-12-02 at 12:32 PM.
    Schrödinger cat? Schrödinger wizard? Schrödinger monk?
    What's next? Schrödinger equation? HΨ=EΨ? Seriously WTF?

The best summary of this board I've seen so far:
    Quote Originally Posted by Frigs View Post
    Giantitp: The only place you can turn a discussion on D&D Economics into an argument about toxic potatoes.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    No, no, that comes later. Specifically, when Throgson decides that being King of the Hill Dwarves means nothing without true love, and so abandons his station in its pursuit. He goes to his orc-lover, and asks if she'll run away with him, to leave their lives of constant war and politicking behind. She says she would like to, but she has responsibilities here. The kind of responsibilities that sick seven warbands worth of bloodthirsty monsters on you if you so much as slip up for a second, much less resign to go live peacefully with a dwarf. To be truly free of this life, her entire power base needs to be collapsed, leaving the orc nations in chaos. Only then can her escape go unnoticed. In short,

...if he wants to be with her, Throgson must slay her Seven Evil Orc Mothers-in-Law (which happen to be progressively more dangerous, regardless of which order he confronts them in).
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Barbarian in the Playground

Seconded. I wonder how Lash plays into that, as well?
    A gracious thanks to Bradakhan for the avatar, and Time Walk's card artist, Amy Weber.

k: ar k ar a rkar k ar k r a kr k a rk r kar k rar kr !

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix_of_Doom View Post
    But I have an idea, people obviously didn't really realise the full extend of rating gear so low with the resource allocation vote, can't we shift those 15 leftover relationship points into gear(or at least some of them) and get at least some less minimal equipment than this?

As for weapons, I like axes, but I forgot if we actually took that skill, so I'll put spears as my second.
    Already accounted for.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Bugbear in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

I'm afraid this thread has lost all momentum, perhaps we should give it a round off and wave it goodbye.
    Schrödinger cat? Schrödinger wizard? Schrödinger monk?
    What's next? Schrödinger equation? HΨ=EΨ? Seriously WTF?

The best summary of this board I've seen so far:
    Quote Originally Posted by Frigs View Post
    Giantitp: The only place you can turn a discussion on D&D Economics into an argument about toxic potatoes.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Troll in the Playground

Yep. I reckon it can all be concluded in one decisive post. Whether it's CarpeGuitarrem's or not.

Edit: I did my similar thread over the course of 10 days.
    Last edited by Totally Guy; 2012-12-19 at 01:59 AM.
    Mannerism RPG An RPG in which your descriptions resolve your actions and sculpts your growth.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Firbolg in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Yarr, I think we just need a final char sheet or something to wrap it up.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

Aw, but we haven't done Beliefs and Instincts yet. That's the part I've been waiting for, so that I can put forward...

Wait for it...

"I will acknowledge only those who address me as '[Name] the Thrice-Great, Indomitable Tyrant of the Seven Invincible Warbands, Whose Skin is Like Winter Night, Whose Mere Presence Causes Those Beneath Her to Shiver in Terror and Cower Beneath Her Wicked Blade.' All others must be slain."

(Would that be a Belief or an Instinct? Pretty sure it's an Instinct.)
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2012-12-22 at 10:42 AM.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.