New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan, Mk. XLVII: A Flat World From Recycled Scrap

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McGician View Post
    So the Eld will suddenly figure out how to return if some random guy tells them they can? And because you randomly ran into the Eld while you were wearing the cloak, it means you can use it to contact them? Good thinking, Nimmel!
    That also turns Ara to a mean archmagi.
    He knew them for some time (enough time for them to instantly recognize his cloak), probably knew they want to go back home but never mentioned they can just return if they click their heels?

And yes, EVERYONE is involved.
    Expect to see the waitress from Snowsong save the day by offering the king a pecan pie.

On a positive note, the chances that the story will end with punchy are better.
    Celesto was beaten by Dominic and then finished with a guitar to his head, no reason it won't happen again with the king.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Troll in the Playground

Wow, he's even bringing those guys back.

And I guess the Eld are massive idiots that can't get anything done unless a Mookinsertion tells them how to. Big surprise, I know.

Also, Katya's claim to being able to help here is that she hears things that happen far away sometimes. But I guess Dominic trained her really well in those 5 minutes between him finding out that she's clairaudient and him surrendering because of zombies out of nowhere.
    Better than students he taught for a whole semester, even.

EDIT: This is so amazingly stupid, I'm really tempted to change the thread title to "GOOD THINKING, NIMMEL.".
    Last edited by Johnny Blade; 2012-11-06 at 12:20 AM.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    Also, Katya's claim to being able to help here is that she hears things that happen far away sometimes. But I guess Dominic trained her really well in those 5 minutes between him finding out that she's clairaudient and him surrendering because of zombies out of nowhere.
    Better than students he taught for a whole semester, even.
    Why?
    So he can tell Katya that history and knowledge is important even when it isn't?
    So he can mentally torture her to teach something?

She's better off without him.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Firbolg in the Playground

What Nimmel really meant:

"Seriously? Since when can the Eld not return to the Prime? Did Mookie--I mean, the Eld--just forget about Klo Tark mucking around in here like it was nothing back in 'Storm of Souls'? Am I going to have to go back into that hellhole of a plane and explicitly tell them that they can come home now? ...I am, aren't I? *sigh* Oh, well, as long as it gets this comic over with sooner. Maybe I can rope in some secondary characters to help, so we can meet our "big climactic everyone helps" quota."
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Dwarf in the Playground

Okay, their is a lot of dumb things about this update. From the Eld being colossal idiots, to Mookie bringing back absolutely everyone that no one cares about.

But I think the one thing that catches my eye over all of that, is one thing in the cast of students.

Spoiler
    Show

This is Greg! Why is Greg here. He's even worn the same shirt before. Mookie for the love of God learn to draw something other than GREG!
    Last edited by Rhapsh; 2012-11-06 at 01:56 AM.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

If we're talking about Klo Tark who recently turned out to be just a visiting exiled alien, how did he resurrect himself several times?

I suspect the answer is pretty obvious. Klo Tark was actually the Eld's special ops division. Each time one died, they sent a new one to the field who pretended he was the old Klo. Of course the Eld couldn't admit this to what's his name. After all the Klo Tarks were special ops.

Unfortunately his plan is going to fail. You need special ops training to survive in Domi's plane ("You have to breath through your mask!")

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, since when does Katya have "second sight"? I thought it was kind of a thing that she doesn't have clairvoyance, just clairaudience. Did Mookie forget already? . . . He asked rhetorically.
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

The Land Where 99 Men Weep and One Man Laughs

Wow, he's even bringing those guys back.
    In another story, the last panel would be right before the cartoonist cut back to another character saying "We're doomed."

"Mech is king."
    Heinz Guderian

Johann Kraus avatar courtesy of Beleth.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Yeah. That was just worded terribly.

Telling them that some random dude managed to not be trapped with them is completely meaningless when you don't even know why said random dude wasn't trapped.

It's incredibly stupid. It'd be like locking me in a room, telling me that someone else was able to get out of the room, and expecting such information to magically grant me master lockpicking abilities.

10. - Top - End - #310

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Substitution View Post
    So what does everyone think he should do instead?
    Quit and get a real job at something he has any actual skill in so he can build up some work experience before he ends up having a kid.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Troll in the Playground

First the werewolves and now this. Nimmel is the mightiest whitey. Or would that be mighty Deegan?

I wonder what stupid way the Klones are going to use to get back. Probably Cloak of Ara + Asspull = Teleport

12. - Top - End - #312

In Luna's defense, when your plan is this scattershot, anything is worth a try. Here's the plan, thus far, in its entirety:
    1) Show up at the sanctum.
    2) ???
    3) Bangarang.
    So adding the steps
    1a) Contact race that can't return to the Dominion prime, and has been away from Dominion prime long enough to have no stake whatsoever in the conflict. Let the historically imperialistic, militaristic, apparently technically superior group know that the armies of Dominion prime need them because they can't do it themselves.
    1b) Nothing goes wrong, ever.
    sure, whatever. By all means, contact THE ELD and reminds them that Klo Tark infiltrated this plane long before any of them, something you completely forgot to do last time (or maybe you just couldn't do because they wouldn't stop expositing?) While you're at it, contact the jerk Semashi dancers to try to insult the king into a dance-off that he'll lose because he is blind (the king is blind).
    Last edited by rocketpony; 2012-11-06 at 05:51 AM.
    Who makes fabulous avatars? MEMNARCH makes fabulous avatars!

13. - Top - End - #313

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    First the werewolves and now this. Nimmel is the mightiest whitey. Or would that be mighty Deegan?

I wonder what stupid way the Klones are going to use to get back. Probably Cloak of Ara + Asspull = Teleport
    Mookie's a big fan of Mass Effect. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Nimmel managed to find a magical Mass Relay for them to come shooting through, like the Allied Armada at the end of ME3.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

14. - Top - End - #314

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Mookie's a big fan of Mass Effect. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Nimmel managed to find a magical Mass Relay for them to come shooting through, like the Allied Armada at the end of ME3.
    Nimmel: Teaming up with the biotic students from Quiral Academy to bring the Migrant Fleet to Priority: Captiol City.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Colossus in the Playground

Is it just me? Or has the "sexy student enchantress" suddenly turned into a younger rapechel? She just needs some slight muscle definition and she is set.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

16. - Top - End - #316
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Turcano View Post
    In another story, the last panel would be right before the cartoonist cut back to another character saying "We're doomed."
    Haha, you're right. They even have the right "totally gonna **** it all up" facial expressions for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Is it just me? Or has the "sexy student enchantress" suddenly turned into a younger rapechel? She just needs some slight muscle definition and she is set.
    Well, it's not that surprising.

This seems like a good time to remind everyone that she's based on one of Mookie's friends, whose name is also Tara.
    And that this friend is Tubdead girl.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of the happy bunch of students, after seeing the past link provided by the news post, I think it's considerate of them to stand almost exactly in the same pose as they did before, so no one will be confused about who they are, even if they all look like Rachel and Greg.
    The woman on the left even searched for the exact same book she was holding back then, so we'll know it was her.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground

And some more GOOD THINKING, NIMMEL.

This just keeps getting better and better.

19. - Top - End - #319

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    Speaking of the happy bunch of students, after seeing the past link provided by the news post, I think it's considerate of them to stand almost exactly in the same pose as they did before, so no one will be confused about who they are, even if they all look like Rachel and Greg.
    That is creepy:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wow, from a technical standpoint there's hardly any difference between now and five years ago. Mookie's line quality is still the same, his anatomy is still bad, composition remains stilted and boring. The only real difference I can spot is that his characters look even younger! Stoned gassy toddler indeed.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Dwarf in the Playground

Going to take specific issue with panel 1. Why do guys who look like that always say that dangerous/life threatening occurrences are "awesome"?

I mean, I get it Mookie can't draw. So you end up with Greg/Dad Deegan/This Guy looking like clones. But if they are going to look the same. At least differentiate them in the dialogue for heaven sakes. You can literally swap Dad Deegan or Greg in for this guy and the effect is exactly the same.

Does he get confused, he wants to tell us this is "awesome" and he just looks for the guy who looks like Greg?

22. - Top - End - #322

GnomeWizardGuy

Ahahahaha, we're back to mindbreak this late in the story. Dominic is so scene-stealingly awesome, he's managed to outseat the King and Snuggly as the most dangerous threat. These jokers are treating going up against the king like they're the Famous Five off for a smashing adventure at Smuggler's Cove - no, the real threat is Dominic. This is going to be awesome indeed.

Now mindbreak is back I wonder if Mookie will ever try to handwave all the crap Dominic put Celesto through. I'm thinking "no".

Edit: I Love Dominique:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Trazoi; 2012-11-07 at 02:39 AM.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Troll in the Playground

What an excellent balance of tragedy and comedy. Truly, Mookie is a master.

Even the characters themselves don't care. Dave is your king, goatee Greg.

Calling it that Mindbreak will allow everyone to see the Face of God or Dominic will use it to See the Truth everyone in the world.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rocketpony View Post
    In Luna's defense, when your plan is this scattershot, anything is worth a try. Here's the plan, thus far, in its entirety:
    1) Show up at the sanctum.
    2) ???
    3) Bangarang.
    [Snip]
    This comic could only be made better with the addition of Rufio started trash talking King DJ.

As for today's comic, I thought MINDBREAK was supposed to be some nuclear event with death and destruction all around. They kind of dismiss it as some psychic resonance or something. Can't Mookie even keep his plot important ailments straight?

Edit: Fun fact. The character Rufio from the 1991 movie "Hook" was acted by Dante Basco, the same man who voice acted Prince Zuko in "Avatar: The Last Airbender". Kind of makes me feel old.
    Last edited by Veridis Quo; 2012-11-07 at 06:54 AM.

25. - Top - End - #325

Quote Originally Posted by Veridis Quo View Post
    As for today's comic, I thought MINDBREAK was supposed to be some nuclear event with death and destruction all around. They kind of dismiss it as some psychic resonance or something. Can't Mookie even keep his plot important ailments straight?
    You're both wrong! Mindbreak is when everyone gets visions, instead of just seers. [snip]
    On the other hand, when Dom checked his own future, he did not appear to enter mindbreak, so much as turned into some sort of furnace, I guess.
    Within text, they're consistent. Within art, it's unclear.

Also wow first panel kid, you're surprisingly bloodthirsty. We're talking about treason here. There's going to be a fight, and a lot of people are going to die, if this happens like you've described it. That's going to happen. And your reaction is "that's awesome."
    Who makes fabulous avatars? MEMNARCH makes fabulous avatars!

26. - Top - End - #326

Within text, they're consistent. Within art, it's unclear.

Also wow first panel kid, you're surprisingly bloodthirsty. We're talking about treason here. There's going to be a fight, and a lot of people are going to die, if this happens like you've described it. That's going to happen. And your reaction is "that's awesome."
    Pfft, with this "plan" the only people in danger of death are the good guys and the king. The cattleblasters are all faceless mooks, who also happen to be twisted abominations and thus not even human. Also, i would just like to say that its nice to see the return of the horrible "pun"chline.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

27. - Top - End - #327

NecromancerGuy

Wait. I thought EVERYONE thought Prento was annoyingly retarded for thinking mind break was a real thing? That they kept insisting he was a deluded fool and mind break was just some stupid myth?

He even says in this comic that he was wrong for thinking Dominic was going to have it . . . So apparently Dominic never told anyone what he saw would have happened if he didn't get that vacation.

So why is everyone else acting like mind break is totally a thing to watch out for now?

28. - Top - End - #328

I think the problem wasnt that noone believed mindbreak was real, they just felt that dom wasnt going to suffer from it. Its like claiming I will come down with lupis. Yeah, lupis is a real disease, but my odds of contracting it are insanely low. (I assume, im not even sure what it is. lol)

29. - Top - End - #329

"Contacting an ancient race of planar nomads to bring down a corrupt king. This is going to be awesome."

Mookie, you are truly a master of building suspense. The next few panels put the icing on the cake, though. Nimmel is shocked, shocked, to find that Prento is somewhat worried about upcoming treason and warfare. And then Prento says that he's actually worried about something else.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

How do they know Dominic is being tortured?

Sure, the king is evil, but he also has a plan that required Dominic who gave himself up to save his friends. There is no reason to believe the king needs to torture Dominic, they don't even know what he wants from him!

They start by raising the possibility Dominic is tortured, but they seem to leave the"if" part very quickly, and base entire theories and plans on the question "how long until a mind break", and even assume that this specific reason was the cause of the destruction of an entire race.

It is as if they somehow read the comic...