New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan, Mk. XLVII: A Flat World From Recycled Scrap

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsh View Post
    I don't suppose anyone is going to call Dadagen out on murdering the Maestro without even trying to see if he could be saved. Manta mage at least got an attempt to save him before Miranda "put him out of his misery." But the Maestro got nothing. Hell, Donovan didn't even say anything to the guy, just instantly murdered him by throwing a sword through a portal.
    Don't see any reason to delay.
    with the Manta, they had a couple of minutes to try before he did something. Here it was "act now or die" moment. Well justified self defense, even if Miranda's shield could hold for a few seconds

2. - Top - End - #542
    Bugbear in the Playground

Once more, I make my pilgrimage to these fine lands and discover that I know roughly nothing about what is going on.

So last time I checked in, Dominic was being tortured by DJ because... DJ needed to score evil points. Given that this is Dominic Deegan, and that this is supposed to be dramatic, I'm guessing that at least one fourth/fifth caste character died and no one in-comic really gives a care?

Or did the comic end and I just came late?
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie
    Two potential allies down, and only the Eld remain. Things are not looking good... except for Luna getting empowered by a dragon's heart. From what some of you have told me, that looked pretty good for our heroes.
    What

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Mookie thinks the Carmina Burana would make a good requiem? Really?
    All twenty-five movements of it?
    Do you think he knows what a requiem is?
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2012-11-19 at 01:01 PM.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

From context, he probably meant the overall feel, instrumentation, and themes of the work - which in Carmina Burana's case ranges from loudly praising/complaining about luck to perky drinking songs honoring alcohol as a concept - fit what the Maestro would have wanted.

I'm not sure if Mookie just doesn't know what Carmina Burana is about or if that's actually in-character for the Maestro.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

5. - Top - End - #545
    Troll in the Playground

Honestly, those compositions he listed are all over the place anyway, so I'm going to go with "doesn't actually know what it is".

And this is all I can say today, because when I look at the strip, all I can see is a slowly deflating balloon.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I kind of doubt Mookie knows anything at all about classical music. The last time he tried including classical music in the comic he aped lines from a clearly comedic song and had his characters comment on how moving and emotional it was. I imagine he never really listens to anything beyond terrible metal but pretends to like classical music to sound more intellectual.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    What

---
    Translation to the news post: Screw allies, Luna just got SUPER duper stronger.

She is so going to use it for a different kind of beam attack, maybe it will even be shaped as a cone!

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ettin in the Playground

Remind me why Team Deegan was trying to recruit this guy again?

"Behold, I am a lightning mage with very poorly drawn supreme magical pow- oh, there's a sword in my chest. Hrrrrk!"

Can't have been that frigging good if any punk with a sword can come along and oneshot him. =/

9. - Top - End - #549
    Titan in the Playground

A First Caste punk with a sword. It's an important distinction.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Troll in the Playground

So did Mookie really just straight up steal from Dragonheart? Did that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Remind me why Team Deegan was trying to recruit this guy again?

"Behold, I am a lightning mage with very poorly drawn supreme magical pow- oh, there's a sword in my chest. Hrrrrk!"

Can't have been that frigging good if any punk with a sword can come along and oneshot him. =/
    Yes but mind control.
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2012-11-19 at 06:13 PM.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bobikus View Post
    I kind of doubt Mookie knows anything at all about classical music. The last time he tried including classical music in the comic he aped lines from a clearly comedic song and had his characters comment on how moving and emotional it was. I imagine he never really listens to anything beyond terrible metal but pretends to like classical music to sound more intellectual.
    Every time Mookie brings up classical music, I can't forget that this is how he draws a violin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Trazoi; 2012-11-19 at 06:39 PM.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Titan in the Playground

Man, I forgot about that. The violin is one thing. Another is this man's expression. He looks like he's about to sneeze. The whole Semashi episode was an undending chain of art that was bad even by DD standards.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-11-19 at 06:57 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

13. - Top - End - #553

So from what I gather, Donovan was LARPing Super Mario 64 when this mortally wounded maestro person (who may or may not be that guy back from the battle of the blands arc) starts begging for music. Meanwhile, back at kindergarten, Nimmel rallies Greg and other young people to start protesting the no-hat rule.

I think I'm caught up.
    seriously have no idea what's happening, someone help
    Last edited by TheLaughingMan; 2012-11-19 at 08:38 PM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bobikus View Post
    To back to this, the whole point here is that saying he's not fully human means he can be safely murdered guilt free by the Deegans, since DD is a story about how humans are superior.

To cross-post from SA a little.

Also add in that despite all the supposedly superpowered aliens and bad guys of other fantasy species doing stuff, the only DJ/Beast henchmen to actually cause any effect was the Infernomancer, who was originally human. Even all the blight and zombies was just a side effect of Rillian, a human necromancer, being used to channel a spell.
    Wasn't there something about Karnak still being a human and not a "true" demon?

15. - Top - End - #555
    Troll in the Playground

Pretty sure there was, yeah. I can't remember if "is a demon lord" or "is actually still human" is the more recent truth, but I feel it's the latter.

Anyway, this got me a bit more excited for Star Power. All those aliens he can screw up...

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Man, I forgot about that. The violin is one thing. Another is this man's expression. He looks like he's about to sneeze.
    Every time Mookie tries to write people, I can't forget that this is how he draws a person.
    Last edited by Johnny Blade; 2012-11-19 at 09:11 PM.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ogre in the Playground

Let's all help someone do something!

In the Future!

Or right now.

So they're helping Katya to... while the others help Nimmel with using his cloak but anyways they all end up at the feet of Piggie-Elds strongly suggesting that the Piggies were the ones who did it.

Whatever.

17. - Top - End - #557

GnomeWizardGuy

Silly Mookie, according to the d20 SRD wiki you have to link hands when using Astral Caravan.

18. - Top - End - #558

"Okay, this is going to be really difficult, so oh look it just fell into our laps without any effort on our part!"

Is... is Mookie becoming self-aware? I know we like to joke about him reading our thread, but this is downright creepy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

19. - Top - End - #559

PirateCaptain

Is... is Mookie becoming self-aware? I know we like to joke about him reading our thread, but this is downright creepy.
    Hold off on panicking until he starts quoting I Love Dominique. What if this whole year has been him trolling us?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    Ninjadeadbeard just ninja'd my post. How apt.
    Ninjadeadbeard's Extended Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #560
    Orc in the Playground

Well, the body language of the Eld says that they're angry.

Theory: While Nimmel was farting around in the main plane, centuries passed for the Eld. Nimmel is just a legend to them now, and not a very good one at that. So when he appears - and brings uninvited guests at that - the Eld won't be very happy to see him.
    =Uncool-

21. - Top - End - #561
    Troll in the Playground

I'm participating!

22. - Top - End - #562
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie
    A lengthy search through the Plane of Air and the heart of the Tempest would have been neat, but we've already been on that journey with Nimmel.
    I think Mookie must have attended Wally's school of making excuses for laziness.

23. - Top - End - #563

Quote Originally Posted by uncool View Post
    Nimmel is just a legend to them now, and not a very good one at that.
    "Once, long ago, a weird-looking guy appeared out of nowhere. He didn't have a snout, and he couldn't even breathe. His entire thing was 'controlling weather', but he jumped into the storm at the center of the world like a stupid moron, and probably died, taking an irreplaceable treasure with him."
    As legends go, needs a little polish.
    Who makes fabulous avatars? MEMNARCH makes fabulous avatars!

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ogre in the Playground

This page is dumb and I hate it. This is even more frustrating to me than the other pages of just showing up because you don't have to show the long tedious journey (I mean, it took all of what, two strips for him to find the Eld last time?) but you could at least show the frustration of not finding it immediately! Ugh, if they don't immediately slaughter them I'm going to be very disappointed.

Edit: Oh and I almost forgot: "I was born ready.". Really, Mookie? With a straight face, you said that?
    Last edited by Cavelcade; 2012-11-20 at 07:52 AM.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Troll in the Playground

"Okay, this is going to be really difficult, so oh look it just fell into our laps without any effort on our part!"

Hahaha!

This comic has been a parody of itself for some time, but now Mookie is actually taking shots at himself. Although he's probably completely unaware of that, still...

Quote Originally Posted by Cavelcade View Post
    Edit: Oh and I almost forgot: "I was born ready.". Really, Mookie? With a straight face, you said that?
    I think this - no doubt ironically delivered - corny line from random student #3 here really does a good job driving home that Nimmel, with the consent of the First Caste (including Miranda) just dragged a bunch of clueless teenagers with no actual concept of just how real this whole thing is into a fight against the archmage king, his alien abomination friend, an assortment of horrible mutant wizards, and oh yeah the Infernomancer.

YOU MAY REMEMBER NIMMEL AS THE GUY THAT WAS ORIGINALLY INTRODUCED AS THE SOLE SURVIVOR OF THE INFERNOMANCER'S ATTACK ON ONE OF MIRANDA'S CLASSES.

Just sayin'.

EDIT: Also, the Eld really look like they're about to tell Nimmel that they're not mad, just disappointed.
    Last edited by Johnny Blade; 2012-11-20 at 08:15 AM.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rocketpony View Post
    "Once, long ago, a weird-looking guy appeared out of nowhere. He didn't have a snout, and he couldn't even breathe. His entire thing was 'controlling weather', but he jumped into the storm at the center of the world like a stupid moron, and probably died, taking an irreplaceable treasure with him."
    As legends go, needs a little polish.
    Something clearly got lost in the telling.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Colossus in the Playground

YOU MAY REMEMBER NIMMEL AS THE GUY THAT WAS ORIGINALLY INTRODUCED AS THE SOLE SURVIVOR OF THE INFERNOMANCER'S ATTACK ON ONE OF MIRANDA'S CLASSES.
    Nope, there were a few survivors. One lost a limb and they made mention of her at the first battle for barthis talking about how she couldnt get a fake limb due to something something infernal magic or whatever. Nimmel was just the first one to crack and give up headmistress deegans position. To save his and his friends lives, and stop the infernomancer from killing everyone else there. (Seriously? Where were the teachers? And even more annoying, why would the murderous monster STOP killing student wizards?)
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

28. - Top - End - #568

"Steffanie, you'll be at the 'helm' of this astral caravan."

Nice analogy fail, Nimmel. I'm pretty sure caravans don't have "helms."

29. - Top - End - #569
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McGician View Post
    "Steffanie, you'll be at the 'helm' of this astral caravan."

Nice analogy fail, Nimmel. I'm pretty sure caravans don't have "helms."
    I like to think he was making a "screen door on a submarine" sort of comment
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ogre in the Playground

First, a question: Where are they?
    From what Nimmel says, it seems they are in the plane of air, but both groups don't need a mask to breath.
    I'm not sure if this spell was supposed to bring them there, or just to communicate, and the generic background sure doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by uncool View Post
    Theory: While Nimmel was farting around in the main plane, centuries passed for the Eld. Nimmel is just a legend to them now, and not a very good one at that. So when he appears - and brings uninvited guests at that - the Eld won't be very happy to see him.
    =Uncool-
    It's Nimmel, and it's written by Mookie.
    So if the time theory is correct, they will probably worship Nimmel.

Quote Originally Posted by news post
    A lengthy search through the Plane of Air and the heart of the Tempest would have been neat, but we've already been on that journey with Nimmel.
    How can the same person who wrote the Maltek arc, can consider Nimmel's last visit as "lengthy search"?
    It took no more than 5 strips total, a lot less of Nimmel just finding them.