New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan, Mk. XLVII: A Flat World From Recycled Scrap

Quote Originally Posted by Nightpenguin View Post
    Also, Klo Tark... named himself after the ship on which he was the only survivor?
    I kind of like the idea.
    It explains why Klo Tark didn't know where he's from, and who he was, without going to the "lost his memory" cliche.

Of course, there is a logical problem:
    This assumes he was alone, still too young to remember his own given name, but smart enough to read his own language years later and name himself after the spaceship.

Still, it's a better alternative than most other options, and for a change - the explanation closes more plot holes than it opens.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MReav View Post
    Yeah, how the hell did he know what the name was?
    Push buttons, hear recorded thingy addressing the crew of the Klo Tark, not understand the language but like the sounds Klo Tark, use them as name.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    Push buttons, hear recorded thingy addressing the crew of the Klo Tark, not understand the language but like the sounds Klo Tark, use them as name.
    So how did he recognize the ship name is a name? Surely the log contained more common or more emphasized words.

A funny reaction would have been: "Klo-Tark? He named himself 'captain's log'"?

Edit: It reminds me on a trip with my family many years ago.
    We went to Spain.
    Since we didn't know the language, when we were on the first time on a subway, we tried to look for the name of the station so we can know how to return.
    About an hour later, we figured out that the sign we memorized probably said "Exit", since it appeared in all the stations...
    Last edited by random11; 2012-11-23 at 12:43 AM.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    So how did he recognize the ship name is a name? Surely the log contained more common or more emphasized words.

A funny reaction would have been: "Klo-Tark? He named himself 'captain's log'"?

Edit: It reminds me on a trip with my family many years ago.
    We went to Spain.
    Since we didn't know the language, when we were on the first time on a subway, we tried to look for the name of the station so we can know how to return.
    About an hour later, we figured out that the sign we memorized probably said "Exit", since it appeared in all the stations...
    He wouldn't have had to recognize the ship's name as a name, just liked the sounds and used it. It's like when people name their kids Apple, or Ocean, or Jermajesty. Except the kid is doing the stupid all on his lonesome.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MReav View Post
    Yeah, how the hell did he know what the name was?
    It was written on the side of the ship?

Maybe Klo Tark is also a valid name, like the alien version of Mary Celeste.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    You mean like Superman?

Doomed survivor of an alien world, Klo Tark was raised by strangers who taught him the ways of Dominion. When he came of age his foster parents showed him the wreckage of his ship and, knowing nothing of his race aside being able to read their script, he chose that one word as his new name.

Additional Plot Holes
    - Klo Tark still needed a mask to breathe on Dominion. If he was a baby how did he know how to use and maintain this mask but not his own name?
    - Who raised him and taught him magic if he was alone? He clearly learned enough about his own people to know about "Sorcerer Psions" yet not enough to know his own name?

Basically, this is another classic Mookie Shark in action. It's not that Mookie needed to explain how Klo Tark ended up in Dominion if the rest of his people were stranded -- that's a classic Patch -- but rather than Klo Tark apparently named himself after the ship he was on because he was so young he didn't know better. That detail doesn't answer any questions and is otherwise completely unnecessary to the narrative. Yet, because Mookie introduced it, the narrative now has new Plot Holes that would not otherwise have existed.

Mookie is truly a Genius of Fail.
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

7. - Top - End - #637
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    [Snip]

Mookie is truly a Genius of Fail.
    Yeah, this. Classic, classic Mookie Shark.

Anyway, no, Dominic won't have mindbreak. You know it. I know it. Mookie knows it. Why? Because Mookie can't harm a single hair on Dominic's head. Absolutely nothing bad will happen to him, or at least, nothing with consequences that last more than strip or so (if we're lucky).

There. Can. Be. No. Tension.

EDIT: Hmm. "Starcaller." Did Mookie steal that from somewhere? I wonder if we're going to be hearing about them in Star Power, which I still can't believe is actually a name.
    Last edited by Zaq; 2012-11-23 at 03:24 AM.
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

8. - Top - End - #638
    Ogre in the Playground

Starcallers - selfish Elds who steal exploding good people's energies for their own selfish purposes, ultimately leading to the famous "Dark Ages".

Eld naming rituals - Children are not really people until they become teenagers at which point they get their name. Before that, they're called by their ship name, which is swell since who can tell the little buggers apart anyway?

9. - Top - End - #639
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    Additional Plot Holes
    - Klo Tark still needed a mask to breathe on Dominion. If he was a baby how did he know how to use and maintain this mask but not his own name?
    - Who raised him and taught him magic if he was alone? He clearly learned enough about his own people to know about "Sorcerer Psions" yet not enough to know his own name?
    Klo Tark also worked with Rilian. For centuries. And Rilian knew about him being an Eld.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Troll in the Playground

Haha. Mookie's last minute plot reveals will never not be plot holes.

Quote Originally Posted by random11
    This assumes he was alone, still too young to remember his own given name, but smart enough to read his own language years later and name himself after the spaceship.
    It's not that he couldn't remember his name, it's that he had never been given one. He could have been 8. The Eld are one of those fantasy races.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle Hunter
    If cabin pressure should change, panels above your seat will open revealing breather masks; reach up and pull a mask towards you. Place it over your snout and mouth, and secure with magic, that can be adjusted to ensure a snug fit. Secure your own mask first before helping others.
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2012-11-23 at 05:55 AM.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    It's not that he couldn't remember his name, it's that he had never been given one. He could have been 8. The Eld are one of those fantasy races.
    But the entire point was to cover the plot hole of why Klo-Tark didn't contact the Eld himself for all this time.
    This can be explained only if he was too young to remember it himself (that, or the amnesia cliche).

Despite that, I decided I don't care about this plot hole.
    One type of error we generally accept in fantasy/sci-fi stories is the language barrier.
    Sometimes there is an excuse for this in the story like a babble-fish, or "our race learned English by watching your television". In other times it's just hand-waved, and for a good reason - Language barrier can be a good tool to create stories of different cultures, but it gets tiring REALLY fast for both the author and the readers.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Troll in the Playground

In other bad webcomic news, CAD.

To summarise, Ethan turned on a butter powered time machine and was captured by his future self. In this timeline, the xbot robot Zeke has taken over the world and strangled Ethan's wife Lilah.

Read this comic.

Buckley then posted this:

Quote Originally Posted by Buckley
    I'd like to thank all of you for the last ten incredible years. For over a decade I have had the privilege and honor of doing something I absolutely love for a living, and of sharing it with all of you wonderful people.

It is all of you that has made that possible for me, that have given me ten years of amazing, unforgettable experiences and memories. So from every corner of my heart, thank you.

Now it seems pretty clear that CAD might be finally over. Otherwise it would be a cheap trick. Tim then posted something on twitter saying that he had been working on a post for six hours and wanted it to be just right. This is it:

So to start off by answering the BIG question hanging in the air... yes, this is really the end.
    Yes. There is no way you can go back on this.

Sort of.
    Oh God. Oh God no.

The rest (it's pretty long so spoiler):
    Spoiler
    Show
    To be a little more specific, this is the end of Ctrl+Alt+Del in its current incarnation. What's that mean? It means it's time for a good ol' fashioned "Hollywood reboot".

This is a decision I came to over two years ago, and have been working and planning towards since. As you might imagine, it is not a decision I made lightly, and in the following blogpost I'll try and walk you through the many different factors that contributed to it, as well as where I see things going from here, and why.

"Why end the comic?"

I have, as of this fall, been creating this comic strip for ten years. Ten years, 9.2 of which it has been my full-time job. Ten years... and when I started it, I wasn't sure I'd still be doing it in ten weeks.

It was something I started for fun, for practice... I threw it up online thinking maybe some other people would get a kick out of it. There was no long term plan... I didn't need one, I was just going to be doing it a few months...

Except obviously that's not what happened. People started reading it, I loved writing it, and I just kept going. Suddenly I had gotten to a place where I realized that this is something I was going to continue to do, for years and years to come.

At that point I'd started dabbling with storylines and as I've always really loved telling stories, it's something I wanted to continue to do. So I sat down and started to flesh out where I wanted to take these characters, what sort of major life events I wanted to explore with them. I planned way ahead, years down the road, so that I had things to work towards. And that's fine, except for one little problem...

I'd spent the entire start of the comic strip (and many years afterwards) using Ethan and Lucas as a vehicle for whatever jokes came to mind. Random ninja assassinations, video game jokes, whatever. If it made me laugh, I went with it. And that's all well and good, but what I really didn't understand at the time is that itall starts to inform an idea of who these characters are. It begins to create a personality for them that may not necessarily be entirely planned or thought out.

So now I had to come up with lives for characters that were already in place. A perfect example of the sort of problems that can cause would be the mess I got myself into with Scott.

When I introduced Scott, I was thinking in the "now." That I had a couple of funny jokes involving a new linux-loving roommate showing up and how Ethan would react. So I threw him in, told the jokes and... then what? Now this character was in the comic strip. And later on, when I started trying to develop a story for these characters, I had to deal with that. So I retroactively came up with the storyline for him that you now know. And I loved that storyline... but that's all Scott was. That storyline. That ultimate reveal. So apart from that, he was largely ignored and forgotten, because I didn't know what else to do with him.

But I planned out all of these story ideas for the characters, and things were fine for a long time... but eventually as I began to grow as a writer and wanted to tried new things, I started to crash up against the boundaries of the characters I had.

I started to become disatisfied with the characters I had, started to feel stifled by them. That's not a place any writer wants to be. I had grown as a writer, noticed ways to make the characters more well-rounded, deeper, but couldn't come up with any graceful way for them to, let's say, have a sudden and noticeable personality change.

I still loved my job... I loved waking up and getting to work on a new comic... but I began to find myself more excited about the stories I wished I could tell, than the ones I was able to. I was able to alleviate this in some ways (the Space Archaeologist stories are an example). But I still had the main "story" that I was growing increasingly uninspired by.

I had also begun to ask myself "If I were starting my comic today, knowing everything I know now... could I do it better?" The answer was a resounding "Yes." I have learned so much in the past ten years, and I'm continuing to learn and improve all the time. So of course if I were able to start from scratch with this knowledge, there are things I would do differently.

And then I thought to myself "Well wait... why can't I start over from scratch?"

"What comes next?"

I'd made the decision to get a fresh start with the comic, and I was eager to do that, but it wasn't something I could rush into, else I'd wind up back in the exact same position ten years from now. So for the last two years I've been working to not only wrap up some loose ends (Scott) and write a big finale storyline for Ethan, but also begin writing and fleshing out my plans for what comes next.

So what's that?

First and foremost, Ctrl+Alt+Del is going to refocus on being a primarily video game and pop culture comic strip. It's where the comic started, and it's still something I love to do. It's also simply the best use of the format, but we'll get to that in a second.

You'll see the Players take up a more prominent and regular role in the strip. I first introduced the players because I needed characters to star in the more violent comics once it no longer made sense for Ethan and Lucas to be killing eachother. The Players have become some of my favorite characters, and I'm psyched to bump them up to "main characters of the comic" status.

Now that Ethan and Lucas are gone, the Players will step up again to fill the role that Ethan and Lucas started the comic in: vehicles for jokes (and not just violent ones, though that will still be there). That means they'll get a little bit more inviduality and personality, but that's where it ends. No long storylines. I'm not ever going to feel the need to answer questions with them such as "How do these people afford video games? Do they have jobs? What are their hopes and dreams?"

I also intend to make an effort to relaunch the Sillies after the new year, with new updates on Tuesday and Thursday, the days the regular comic doesn't update. Maybe Saturdays too, we'll see. Mostly I just want to get on a regular routine with them.

Now, some of you love the characters and the stories though, and you're probably asking "Wait, so you're done with storylines?"

No, of course not. I'll always be a storyteller. You will see Ethan and Lucas again, though not quite exactly as you knew them. There are som changes that I'm incredibly excited about. I've been spending a lot of time (and will continue over the next few months) crafting their new adventures. It will be a while, since I want to do this right, but you will see them again.

However we (I) have to admit that the current format, and update schedule, simply do not work for these storylines. There was a time that it did... but things have changed over the course of the past ten years. I started doing little itsy bitsy storylines in the comic, and in the past few years my ideas have been big, and complicated.

I think that somewhere inbetween there was a sweet spot, where storylines were falling at exactly the right length to be tolerable at three updates a week, but honestly, we've blown past it. This storyline that I just told took nearly three months. That's kind of ridiculous. I love telling stories, but telling them like that is just frustrating for everyone involved.

It's frustrating for me, because I've already written them/know how they end, and I have to chip away at telling them to you. I have to feed you one bite at a time instead of giving you the whole meal. It's frustrating for you because you have to wait a day inbetween pages and there are cliffhangers all over the place. And it's especially frustrating for the readers that don't like the stories, because it takes so long before we're back to one-shots.

And that's fairly frustrating for me as well. I enjoy telling stories, and I certainly don't mind taking a month off from joking about video games from time to time... but when you hit three months and games are coming out and I'm playing them, and I can't comment on them in comic form...let's just say I'd like to not run into that problem anymore.

So then the question is "How do we alleviate the problem of format?" By changing it altogether, obviously. The first thing I'm doing is approaching the story as an ongoing comic book series. What I mean by that is that each story is a 22-24 page comic book, and then there are over-arcing story threads that cross multiple issues.

But more importantly, I'll finish these in their entirety ahead of time. Then when an issue is finished, I can simply publish the whole thing. No waiting days between updates, no storylines taking months at a time. Even if I release one page a day, every day of the week, it still takes less time and is easier on the reader.

Not only that, this now gives me an even clearer separation between one-shots and stories. Before it was... too muddle, I think. You'd see Ethan and Lucas pop up in a comic, and you didn't know if it was a one-shot, or the start of a two-month storyline. There wasn't enough distinction. Now there will be. For you and for me.

I have always loved that I get to do so many different things with this comic strip. That I get to make jokes about games, and that I get to tell different kinds of stories. It's what has kept me interested in this for ten years, what has kept me from burning out. And that's what I want to continue to do: have it all. I think I can continue to do that... just in a better way.

Hopefully after reading this you'll have some understanding of why this was something I needed to do. It's a change, for sure. And having worked on the internet for the past decade, I am extremely familiar with how reluctant people can be to change. However it's my hope that you'll agree with me that this is for the best.

I think that I can tell better stories, with more interesting characters, and in a better release format. I owe it to you, and I owe it to myself to try.

It's nearly 7:00 AM as I write this... I've been up all night trying to make sure I'm saying everything in this blogpost that I think is important for you to understand where I'm coming from... and now I can't decide if I've been too elaborate, or not elaborate enough.

However I'm fairly certain I can be clear about this: Thank you. Thank you so very much for the past decade. It has been a daily joy and honor to draw and share this comic strip with you, and you all are the reason I've been able to do that. No words can every really express what a wonderful ten years you've given me, what wonderful memories you've given me, or what a wonderful life you've helped me make for myself.

Whether you're on board with my new adventure or not, thank you for everything.

This guy must really regret Loss. Does he even acknowledge that it happened? I've never seen him address it since that horrible blog post about depressed sacks of tears. Evidently, he regards it as a mistake that he doesn't want to dwell on.

Because as we all know, people can move past it, and heal.
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2012-11-23 at 07:56 AM.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Colossus in the Playground

To summarise, Ethan turned on a butter powered time machine and was captured by his future self. In this timeline, the xbot robot Zeke has taken over the world and strangled Ethan's wife Lilah.

Read this comic.

Now it seems pretty clear that CAD might be finally over. Otherwise it would be a cheap trick. Tim then posted something on twitter saying that he had been working on a post for six hours and wanted it to be just right. This is it:

Oh God. Oh God no.
    Have hope. He might mean there is some sort of epilogue. Like, the strange effects on the timeline caused by ethan doing whatever the hell he is doing need to be shown to us. Like, we see how ethans friends and family would have lived if he was never born or some such. Basically, Its A Wonderful Life, without the sappy ending.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

14. - Top - End - #644
    Troll in the Playground

I've edited my post, Traab.

EDIT:

'Here lies a
    wretched corse, of wretched soul bereft:
    Seek not my name: a plague consume you wicked
    caitiffs left!
    Here lie I, Tim; who, alive, all living men did hate:
    Pass by and curse thy fill, but pass and stay
    not here thy gait.'
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2012-11-23 at 08:44 AM.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Colossus in the Playground

Ah ok, you know what? I can respect this stance. He is rebooting everything and going in a different direction to try and avoid his issues that popped up this time around. I never really jumped on the hate bandwagon, and always felt it was overblown, but I can understand his frustration with trying to take a gag a day comic and turn it into a story, only to realize the characters you created already had personalities that dont work that way. Hopefully, the experience will let him do better this time.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ogre in the Playground

"He was only one of thousands on board"

"In hindsight... we probably should have tested out our transportation method to make sure it worked, rather than sending thousands"

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    "He was only one of thousands on board"

"In hindsight... we probably should have tested out our transportation method to make sure it worked, rather than sending thousands"
    Of couse, you, have the cloak of Ara. Just hand it over, will you?

18. - Top - End - #648
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I . . . I really hate the implications of this comic.

They said it was the combined power of their seer stand ins that destroyed their civilization.

Maybe it's just me, but it feels like the comic is trying to say that Dominic alone is at least as powerful as every seer the Eld had combined during their fall.

19. - Top - End - #649
    Troll in the Playground

Dominic is a human so that makes sense.

20. - Top - End - #650

NecromancerGuy

Mind break being such a huge threat makes the Deegan's even more villanious and assholish than they already are. Powerful seers are the ones to have the most devastating mindbreak, yet they beat and imprisoned a seer who is supposedly more unstable than Dominic and just as powerful.

Also CAD is and will probably always be terrible and if it's rebooting I would not be surprised if it's completely dead within a year.
    Last edited by Bobikus; 2012-11-23 at 03:28 PM.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shogo View Post
    I . . . I really hate the implications of this comic.

They said it was the combined power of their seer stand ins that destroyed their civilization.

Maybe it's just me, but it feels like the comic is trying to say that Dominic alone is at least as powerful as every seer the Eld had combined during their fall.
    First caste are known to be ultra-powerful in almost all the arcs, usually without deserving it.
    What makes this strip special?

22. - Top - End - #652

NecromancerGuy

It's one thing to have them once again arbitrarily become more powerful whoever the latest villain is.

It's another thing entirely to say that just one Deegan is a match for an entire ancient and powerful civilizations collective seer might as of the time of their fall.

Or at least that's how I ended up reading that last panel's implication.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Troll in the Playground

I don't think you realise just how special Dominic actually is.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Read this comic.

Oh God. Oh God no.

The rest (it's pretty long so spoiler):

This guy must really regret Loss. Does he even acknowledge that it happened? I've never seen him address it since that horrible blog post about depressed sacks of tears. Evidently, he regards it as a mistake that he doesn't want to dwell on.

Because as we all know, people can move past it, and heal.
    So, the way I read this, B^Uckley figured out that you can't just change the tone of your comic and its characters on a whim and expect it to work just fine, nearly a decade after first doing this.

That means he's a better writer than Mookie.

Congratulations.

25. - Top - End - #655

NecromancerGuy

Buckley has a little more awareness than Mookie but is just as amazingly awful in execution.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bobikus View Post
    Buckley has a little more awareness than Mookie but is just as amazingly awful in execution.
    I don't know why exactly, but I could never get through CAD's archive. I want to, because some of the things I read about the miscarriage and (I assume) all recent arcs sound completely insane, but actually reading it bores me to tears.

Maybe I should skip the early years, I don't know.
    Last edited by Johnny Blade; 2012-11-23 at 06:29 PM.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Troll in the Playground

I was actually surprised by the smidgens I saw of Buckley's self-awareness. In this quote he recognises that Ethan is a horrible person:
    Doing a "happily ever after" ending just didn't feel right for the comic strip... it didn't feel right for Ethan, as much as I wanted it to. Ethan has spent the last ten years doing incredibly stupid and dangerous things, with very little consequence. The end of him had to be, ultimately, a result of his own doing. And this was the grandest way possible I could think for that to happen.
    I always imagined it as Buckley thinking of Ethan's mentality as the ideal way to live your life or some kind of escapism. The fact that he publicly acknowledged his mistake (or close enough) shocked me. I just assume these horrible writers are completely uncritical about how their characters act.

He also talks about how Lucas and Ethan's friendship makes no sense, which he's completely right about.

I imagine, say, Aaron Diaz is intensely critical about his own work but I don't think he'll ever admit it. He's guilty of many of the same things that he complains about in other comics and I wonder how much he's aware of it.

Is Mookie clueless or does he just not want to admit that he thinks his work has major flaws? What is he going for when he calls his filler "crumby"?
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2012-11-23 at 06:35 PM.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    Maybe I should skip the early years, I don't know.
    A lot of the weirdness of CAD is viewing it through the prism of those early wacky years. I was a daily reader before I quit long before Loss, and a lot of the bizarreness comes from meshing my view of the comic from those early years with the attempts at seriousness.

The best summary I know is the Webcomic Overlook reviews Part 1 and Part 2. El Santo's descent into CADness is pretty much what you would experience if went through the archives, but in convenient summary form.

And then there's the twenty part animated series Video Game Dudes.

29. - Top - End - #659

NecromancerGuy

I was actually surprised by the smidgens I saw of Buckley's self-awareness. In this quote he recognises that Ethan is a horrible person:
    As stated, it's showing slight awareness and being unable to translate that at all into his work, either that or just openly bull****ting.

The final CAD arc is about Ethan getting dragged from place to place with no agency in a future ruined by choices he hadn't made yet at his point in the timeline, was told how to fix everything, but then a woman ruins everything by shooting the time machine and future Ethan, and past Ethan pretty much takes the easy way out while dooming both timelines.

30. - Top - End - #660
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    And then there's the twenty part animated series Video Game Dudes.
    I wish he'd make just one more episode.
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2012-11-23 at 07:28 PM.