New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan, Mk. XLVII: A Flat World From Recycled Scrap

Quote Originally Posted by rocketpony View Post
    Also, what does "home" even mean for the Eld at this point? Back to where they can't breathe the air? And their kingdom is a wasteland? Right before the balance of power is about to shift to a group who, until like two weeks ago, were split into a bunch of tribes who hated and wanted to kill each other, and whose every problem with their culture is traceable to "mind controlled by demons"?
    Unless their plan is to change the atmosphere, and force all the other races to live with masks.
    It will be funny if Nimmel will be the one who will be blamed for the fall of all the known races.

Much less funny alternative, is that thanks to this vision the Eld will learn what mutated them and made them unable to breath air, and they will be able to reverse it thanks to MAGIC (by using Luna's super special eggs?)

Or, most likely, they will help in the fight and then just build a colony, completely ignoring the fact that they can't breath the air.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Troll in the Playground

So, new comic.

And the newspost:
    Today's comic (hopefully) clears up a question some of you have contacted me about.

In the recent comic where Rilian informed Dominic that they were dying as a result of the king's magic, it looked as though Rilian actually disintegrated as he concluded his message. Perhaps it could have been made clearer that Rilian was just dissipating for dramatic effect, but I ultimately liked that some people were uncertain as to what actually happened. Dominic doesn't seem to know what he's really seeing either.

I haven't talked about comic books much down here in the last few weeks. That will change tomorrow, as I want to rant about an amazing series I've been reading, and I'll go back to gushing about some old favorites.

That's all from me for now.
    Rock on.
    "Yeah, I guess my art is so bad people can't even make out what's going on, but isn't it nice to have some tension for once?"

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post

*"Wasn't it nice to have some tension for once? It's okay, I got it, though."
    It sure was, Mookie. Also this makes Friday's comic even more bizarre. So, Thursday, the last panel is of Dominic, tied up and looking crazy, Friday is back to the Eld, Monday is back to Dominic. Pacing much???
    Last edited by Cavelcade; 2012-11-27 at 05:44 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Previous avatar courtesy of CoffeeIncluded - of Kurt, from the Toes in the Water Knee Deep Against the current Stormy Seas campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    The irony comes in when we use "Orcs are a metaphor for human savagery" to rationalize human savagery.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Troll in the Playground

I think at this point Mookie switches to another subplot mainly based not on such concerns as 'pacing' - as if that ever mattered - but on whether or not he can figure out a way to advance the one he's currently dealing with as he's desperately racing towards the comic's end.

Can't think of some weird magic stuff that allows the Eld to get back right now? Well, guess the king's gotta make his move then.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Troll in the Playground

I made a list of things Mookie will probably resolve before the end that haven't been mentioned yet

-Karnak and Siggy. Siegfried needs to be character assassinated again and Karnak will probably redeem himself because he's so metal badass (he probably won't survive.) Maybe show him torturing the king in Hell or dealing with TIM. Speaking of TIM, how many people have to get vengeance on him? Nimmel and Stunt are the most obvious but there are a few others
    -The orcs. All of them. Ugh
    -That air elemental Baron

6. - Top - End - #696
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    -That air elemental Baron
    who?

7. - Top - End - #697
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cen View Post
    who?
    The Baron of Burglary who runs the Last Chance Saloon for pilgrims going to the desert to diiiieeeeeeeeee. Much like those two Luanians who were out there having constant halfling-on-human sex, I doubt he'll be seen again.

The orcs and Karnak are probable however. Although the orcs are currently deppowered so they're more useless than usual, unless the plan is to steal their magic moving mountain.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Barbarian in the Playground

I haven't talked about comic books much down here in the last few weeks. That will change tomorrow, as I want to rant about an amazing series I've been reading, and I'll go back to gushing about some old favorites.
    Here we go. The next ideas he steals will be from some comics he's read. Anyone want to guess which ones?
    Last edited by Mr. McGician; 2012-11-27 at 07:51 AM.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McGician View Post
    Here we go. The next ideas he steals will be from some comics he's read. Anyone want to guess which ones?
    Ducktales. We will see a scene of King DJ relaxing by swimming in a vault of money/magic/magic money.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

10. - Top - End - #700
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd...actually be okay with that.

Spoiler
    Show
    Previous avatar courtesy of CoffeeIncluded - of Kurt, from the Toes in the Water Knee Deep Against the current Stormy Seas campaign.

The irony comes in when we use "Orcs are a metaphor for human savagery" to rationalize human savagery.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Rilian was just dissipating for dramatic effect
    Wuh? Like some sort of rhetoric point?

12. - Top - End - #702
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    A bit off topic, but this suddenly made me want to make a Mustache!Shepard.

I mean, can you think of a human of more "dubious diplomatic credentials" than Diplomat Mustache?
    I was going to complain about Wraith comparing Nimmel to Shepard, but you have completely redeemed this idea and I want to do a Renegade run like this now.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ogre in the Playground

Rilian was just dissipating for dramatic effect
    It's amazing how bad it makes things.

Dominic was tortured, nearly mind-broken, and Rillian decided that the best thing at this point is to say they are both dying and then crumble into air FOR DRAMATIC EFFECT?!

EDIT: Oh, and, no bet, random11.
    You should have taken this bet.
    I gambled on the predictable badness, but there are always options for unpredictable badness, and they have better chances.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    You should have taken this bet.
    I gambled on the predictable badness, but there are always options for unpredictable badness, and they have better chances.
    Well, what can I say? I thought I had Mookie's frantic writing process figured out and he'd resolve the Eld plot as soon as possible, and in my hubris overlooked that he may simply not know how to and do an emergency scene change to Dominic and the king.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Titan in the Playground

There's a lesson to be had here - do not assume you've pierced Mookie's *cough* "creative" *cough* process. He can and will manage to fail in an entirely new way.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Dwarf in the Playground

he may simply not know how to and do an emergency scene change to Dominic and the king.
    The best part is now he doesn't even need to resolve the Eld plot. He can just have them show up at the crucial moment to help the heros. And Nimmel/Katya can make a comment about "figuring out how the Eld can travel back home." And boom, writing done.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsh View Post
    The best part is now he doesn't even need to resolve the Eld plot. He can just have them show up at the crucial moment to help the heros. And Nimmel/Katya can make a comment about "figuring out how the Eld can travel back home." And boom, writing done.
    Oh please, give mookie more credit. He is known as the place where tension goes to die. Nimmel and the eld will show up at the final battle and we will get a FLASHBACK WEEK as to how they got out. That way mookie can setup all this "dangerous" set of events that took place, while we already know it obviously worked as they are back in callan telling the damn story!
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

18. - Top - End - #708
    Troll in the Playground

The flashback will still explain about as much as Rhapsh predicts, though.

I hope they use Acibek's Principle.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    There's a lesson to be had here - do not assume you've pierced Mookie's *cough* "creative" *cough* process. He can and will manage to fail in an entirely new way.
    I really should have learned that lesson by now, but every now and then I still end up thinking that he's finally run out of new ways of being terrible.
    But he has always managed to surprise me with a new method of failure.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ogre in the Playground

It can always get worse?

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #710

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by MReav View Post
    Hey, the Quarians lost when they had the billions of quarians, the quarian army and the manufacturing facilities of Rannoch and its colonies. What the hell are 17 million going to be able to do with a fleet of mostly cobbled-together rejects? Furthermore, they did ultimately act on their own initiative, Shepard went in as a favor to Tali and they would have blown it to pieces if she didn't show up.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was actually referring more to the ongoing conflict in general, rather than specific battles.

Particularly, ME2 proves that any given point, the Geth were quite happy to have opened diplomatic relations; the Quarians, at any given point, would only try to kill them just because it didn't occur to them not to.

It's pretty much stated that the Quarians could have returned to Rannoch 500 years earlier, if all they'd thought to try. Again, a potential parallel to the Eld.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama
    I was going to complain about Wraith comparing Nimmel to Shepard, but you have completely redeemed this idea and I want to do a Renegade run like this now.
    Not exactly favourably, in my defence!

Comic-wise: Thank you, Mookie, for spending your last 4 panels of today recapping exactly what had happened in the 4 panels previous, and the 4 entire strips before that.

Damn, but could the man pad out this comic any further if he tried?
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

21. - Top - End - #711
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Particularly, ME2 proves that any given point, the Geth were quite happy to have opened diplomatic relations; the Quarians, at any given point, would only try to kill them just because it didn't occur to them not to.

It's pretty much stated that the Quarians could have returned to Rannoch 500 years earlier, if all they'd thought to try. Again, a potential parallel to the Eld.
    Spoiler
    Show
    From what I recall, almost all attempts to enter Geth space in the intervening 300 years ended with ships not coming back. Now, it might have been the Heretics blockading the Mass Relays and intercepting anyone that came by while the Orthodox Geth stood back and ignored them, but there was plenty of in-universe reason to think the Geth had a "trespassers will be shot on sight" policy.

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ogre in the Playground

Castle with legs

No, REALLY!

The sanctum and his castle turned into a maga-zord.
    I'm out of jokes. What's left to say at this point?

And can someone please explain if David cares about revealing himself as the bad guy or not?
    Half of his plan involve killing many humans just so he can cover up the evidences and justify the use of the final super attack.
    And now he just has he beast with puppet people hovering around his castle.

23. - Top - End - #713

GnomeWizardGuy

It looks like about a dozen 80s computer games mashed into one image.

Why is there a line of giant cattle blasters above a double line of tiny cattle blasters?

24. - Top - End - #714
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    So the castle has wings made from the cracks in reality? Guess that's kind of cool.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    It looks like about a dozen 80s computer games mashed into one image.

Why is there a line of giant cattle blasters above a double line of tiny cattle blasters?
    Well, if I believed perspective was a thing in Mookieverse I'd say they're the inner line of defense but this is Mookie we're talking about. So... DJ cast Gigantism on his best Cattlebasters because even though he's the bad guy, he still thought it was METAL!!!

26. - Top - End - #716

Why are the Snugglies all carrying dead cattleblasters? You know what? I actually don't want to know.

What I do want to know is, why does DJ Callan need a weapon? What's he going to use it against? He's already got the Key and the means to find the Lock. The only threat is Miranda, and there are probably far easier ways to kill her than by hanging a giant neon "I M EVUL!" sign on your castle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Why are the Snugglies all carrying dead cattleblasters? You know what? I actually don't want to know.

What I do want to know is, why does DJ Callan need a weapon? What's he going to use it against? He's already got the Key and the means to find the Lock. The only threat is Miranda, and there are probably far easier ways to kill her than by hanging a giant neon "I M EVUL!" sign on your castle.
    Maybe he doesn't like the view? (was Mookie just reading Baba Yaga fairy tales?)

Edit to add: No, I think I got it now. While DJ's been trying to fool his subjects into believing he's the good guy, his master, Mr I, doesn't care about that and was getting so paranoid about Domi defeating him again that he decided it was time to run so, taking possession of the Sanctum, he built himself some legs and is ready to flee. (forgetting that the enemy is already INSIDE!) Meanwhile DJ, in a doomed attempt to save his plans sent his Cattlebasters out to try and hide what was going on. They are instructed to tell any curious sky gazers that "There is nothing to see here, move along now."
    Last edited by guttering flame; 2012-11-28 at 01:51 AM.

28. - Top - End - #718

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    What I do want to know is, why does DJ Callan need a weapon?
    Because Mookie likes Mass Effect 3.

Which ending is Dominic is going to pick?
    Last edited by Trazoi; 2012-11-28 at 01:52 AM.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Troll in the Playground

Oh boy oh boy oh boy I hope this didn't block the secret entrance somehow! So exciting!

30. - Top - End - #720
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

... what

I have no idea what just happened. Well, no, that's not true. I have no idea on earth why this happened. It feels like Mookiee barely remembers what happened three weeks ago. DJ has Dominic, the key, and his only enemies are disorganized and sitting on their hind ends. Why on earth does he need a weapon? Is... whatever he's about to do (Mookiee hasn't explained it. I'm not sure if this is good [We don't have to listen to bad exposition from talking heads], or bad, because, well, we have no idea what's supposed to be happening) something that can't be interrupted? Then why did this "weapon" take a highly visible form? And why didn't we hear about this before?
    Last edited by Squark; 2012-11-28 at 02:24 AM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe