New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1503
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan, Mk. XLVII: A Flat World From Recycled Scrap

Oh boy, are we going to have fun today!

Sneaky

Future

Problem: Ships crash in the vortex.

Solution: Just toss the people out of the ships.

I guess there was no need for the cloak of Ara that was really needed before to protect Nimmel?

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    Oh boy, are we going to have fun today!

Sneaky

Future

Problem: Ships crash in the vortex.

Solution: Just toss the people out of the ships.

I guess there was no need for the cloak of Ara that was really needed before to protect Nimmel?
    Doing nothing and being a twit: the way for greatdhood reverse psychology style in Mookielandia

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ettin in the Playground

And with six strips (including the debut) since zombie dragon happened, it has appeared in four panels. All hail Mookie, Lord of Laziness.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ogre in the Playground

I just can't stop thinking about the stupid Eld ancestors, who built strong ships to protect them all from the thing that could instantly teleport them all back to where they came from.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Troll in the Playground

What?

I mean...

Okay.

Well.

Let's just talk about the art. I want to draw special attention to the last panel. For once, Mookie has an actual justification for drawing snoutfaces in profile. And now...just look at that.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Bugbear in the Playground

Non euclidean perspective no longler applies to backgrounds now, snouts can have them too!

I would complain about the upper half of the comc being recap filler, but Mookie fare is Mookie. Also, stupid Eld is stupid and needs a Deegan to bail them out.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

But... weren't the Eld were the ones who knew how to send Nimmel back to his home plane via the Tempest? If they knew that, and that's the only thing stopping them...

...and how and why and where did they have ships in the first place?!...

...Okay Mookie, now I have to keep reading, because I know you are somehow going to make this even stupider.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Titan in the Playground

Leaving out the implications of the word "saved" for a moment (go ahead, get the snickering out of your system. I certainly did), how the hell has Nimmel (he of the Good Thinking) just saved the Klone Tarks? Even accepting the (rather deeply) flawed premise that them returning to Dominion Prime is desirable, they've been hanging out on the Plane of Air for millennia now, have they not? There was no mention of it having ill effects on them, and they've certainly been doing OK up until now. What has Nimmel saved them from?
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

9. - Top - End - #999
    Troll in the Playground

All but one of the klones die, but this klone thanks Nimmel for finally being able to come to the promised land. In the final fight, he will contribute by projecting a psychic beam.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    Leaving out the implications of the word "saved" for a moment (go ahead, get the snickering out of your system. I certainly did), how the hell has Nimmel (he of the Good Thinking) just saved the Klone Tarks? Even accepting the (rather deeply) flawed premise that them returning to Dominion Prime is desirable, they've been hanging out on the Plane of Air for millennia now, have they not? There was no mention of it having ill effects on them, and they've certainly been doing OK up until now. What has Nimmel saved them from?
    He saved them from boredom, and gave their race a purpose in life by giving them something to do that will assist a Deegan.

I just hope they have about a gazillion masks with them, otherwise it's going to be a very short celebration. (for them, we on the other hand...)

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm just hoping the Klones come back and are immediately decide to take over. And then the Deegans are all "...oops."

Spoiler
    Show
    Previous avatar courtesy of CoffeeIncluded - of Kurt, from the Toes in the Water Knee Deep Against the current Stormy Seas campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    The irony comes in when we use "Orcs are a metaphor for human savagery" to rationalize human savagery.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ogre in the Playground

So, the problem was that the Eld never went outside. Neeeeerds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    So, the problem was that the Eld never went outside. Neeeeerds.
    I hope you're not siding with the jocks, Sweetie Welf.

We have...ways of dealing with such sedition.

Spoiler
    Show
    Previous avatar courtesy of CoffeeIncluded - of Kurt, from the Toes in the Water Knee Deep Against the current Stormy Seas campaign.

The irony comes in when we use "Orcs are a metaphor for human savagery" to rationalize human savagery.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cavelcade View Post
    I'm just hoping the Klones come back and are immediately decide to take over. And then the Deegans are all "...oops."
    The previous rulers of the world return, depose the world's current power and his army, and then just sit back and allow the reins of creation to be turned over to a group of nomads who use spears to hunt ambulatory plants?
    SEEMS LEGIT.

Also, yes: why return home? What's there for them? They've been in exile for millenia, does anyone even know what Deegan Prime is anymore? When they left, it was a clicking hot magically-radioactive desert created by all of their wizards going insane, not to be confused with, say, Eden.
    Also the air is poisonous.
    Who makes fabulous avatars? MEMNARCH makes fabulous avatars!

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Oh damn. Nimmel really is the mightiest of whities. I think mookie admitted it with that last panel.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ogre in the Playground

I like how this comic has an positive message. Miranda & the Mages are dodging the lazor beams, Luna is ripping the dragon apart, and the problems of the Eld seem about to be solved. This has me sitting at the edge of my seat. And everyone knows that good news for the heroes protagonists should arrive before the big climax to increase tension.

Well, I'm already a racist (against nerds*), and pretty sure will go to hell anyway. So what are you going to do?

*Dominic Deegan may have damaged my morale compass.
    Last edited by Welf; 2012-12-14 at 08:53 AM.
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Yes! We must return to the realm where the air is poisonous, we haven't lived for countless centuries, and the only way there is to navigate a dangerous storm that destroyed all previous attempts...

God, at least the Quarians developed the goddamn Geth Jammer on their own,

Spoiler
    Show
    and would have probably solved their problems if the Geth didn't turn to the Reapers.

And it's all thanks to this human and the people in the immediate vicinity of this human.
    Last edited by MReav; 2012-12-14 at 09:35 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by crayzz View Post
    Oh damn. Nimmel really is the mightiest of whities. I think mookie admitted it with that last panel.
    But it wasnt thanks to nimmel. Katya is the one that screamed for klo tark to hear them, if it wasnt for her he would have been smooshed. So its the runty furry who is the mighty whitey, not nimmel. Though im sure we will get plenty of "we couldnt have done it without you, Nimmel, "The Phoenix" Feenix!" type comments eventually.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Barbarian in the Playground

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

This shall go down in history as one of the stupidest strips ever. We need some kind of Stupid Strip Hall of Fame for ones like these.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Titan in the Playground

I like how Papa Tark says that Klo Tark "used The Tempest" to return home. How did he do that? Are all children born with the ability to cross planes in the Tempest? Do the adult forget later?

I mean, the way I see it this is what happened:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1) The Eld build ships to escape the Mind-Broken ruins of their civilization. Apparently widespread visions nuke your civilization to glass?

(2) For reasons, the Eld decide to hang out in the Plane of Air and (also for some reason) lose the ability to breathe Prime Air. Maybe they used Alterism to permit them to breathe the unhealthy air of the Plane of Air and thereby lost the ability to breathe Prime Air? And kept Universal Gasmasks for giggles?

(3) The Ships somehow gave them the ability to harvest food and water from the Plane of Air and so nobody bothered to explore the rest of the plane (aside from Ara, who said "hi" and "screw you guys").

(4) The Eld never suspected that they would have some sort of innate ability to cross planes in the Tempest since (a) they are not native to the Plane of Air and (b) that's a ridiculously narrow power for a race to conserve. As a result they never bothered to throw themselves, naked, into the most dangerous part of their hazardous Plane since that's dumb.

(5) They never bothered to scry the remains of the good ship Klo Tark because they're really lazy and pessimistic. "Nobody called from the Klo Tark after they entered the Tempest. They're probably all dead so why bother checking? It's all soooo depressing."

N.B. this plot is only the 2nd dumbest in the history of Dominic Deegan. Nothing can beat Rillian's "I gave Dominic a super-sweet vacation to test his mind's ability to resist the strain of being the World's Defender" plan
    Last edited by Oracle_Hunter; 2012-12-14 at 09:57 AM.
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I'm already a racist (against nerds*), and pretty sure will go to hell anyway. So what are you going to do?

*Dominic Deegan may have damaged my morale compass.
    Why isn't it obvious? All I have to do is make you understand the folly of your ways, the futility of your struggle and your own impotence in the face of onward marching nerdom.

All I have to do is make you...see the truth!

Spoiler
    Show
    I feel dirty oh god Mookie must shower all the time.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    N.B. this plot is only the 2nd dumbest in the history of Dominic Deegan. Nothing can beat Rillian's "I gave Dominic a super-sweet vacation to test his mind's ability to resist the strain of being the World's Defender" plan
    Don't lose hope despair, this plot line isn't over yet.

Why isn't it obvious? All I have to do is make you understand the folly of your ways, the futility of your struggle and your own impotence in the face of onward marching nerdom.

All I have to do is make you...see the truth!

Spoiler
    Show
    I feel dirty oh god Mookie must shower all the time.
    It's too late. You looked into the Mookie, and the Mookie looked into you.
    ― Joseph Stalin

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McGician View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

This shall go down in history as one of the stupidest strips ever. We need some kind of Stupid Strip Hall of Fame for ones like these.
    Here you go.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Titan in the Playground

I see that the chapter breaks for March Across Maltak are still "coming soon".
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Troll in the Playground

Somewhere in the Wild Edge, Celesto is feeling the pull of a great cosmic power.

It feels like a wedgie.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    I see that the chapter breaks for March Across Maltak are still "coming soon".
    Waiting a long time for nothing important to happen is inherent to everything Maltak-related.
    ― Joseph Stalin

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    But it wasnt thanks to nimmel. Katya is the one that screamed for klo tark to hear them, if it wasnt for her he would have been smooshed. So its the runty furry who is the mighty whitey, not nimmel. Though im sure we will get plenty of "we couldnt have done it without you, Nimmel, "The Phoenix" Feenix!" type comments eventually.
    Yeah, Katya was integral to the whole thing. But she only became important because she and Nimmel are friends. And she didn't actually do anything intentionally. She just happened to be there cause Nimmel and co. brought her along, then reacted emotionally. As far as I can tell, Nimmel is still the mighty white one here.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Titan in the Playground

Waiting a long time for nothing important to happen is inherent to everything Maltak-related.
    My guess is that Mookie looked at that cumbersome, crippled behemoth of a story arc and simply gave up.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    I like how Papa Tark says that Klo Tark "used The Tempest" to return home. How did he do that? Are all children born with the ability to cross planes in the Tempest? Do the adult forget later?
    More to the point, how does he know that's what happened? None of them have ever met Klo Tark, they wouldn't know what he looked like when Dominic knew him, let alone 600 years ago as a child. How do they know who that is, and what he's supposed to be doing?

For all he knows, the kid was putting up a "mental forcefield" to keep himself alive, the kids turned up and broke his concetration, and what they just witnessed was the kid being vaporised by the vortex.

And his first thought, Nope, don't "have the human Diviners and the Runt Seer look around with their infallible magical powers to check first", it's straight on to "everyone head to the airlocks, don't stop to pack because we got this!"
    Last edited by Wraith; 2012-12-14 at 02:57 PM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ogre in the Playground

The strip made a lot more sense when I tried to read what the Eld said in a sarcastic tone:

"Gee, all we saw was the boy heading out of the wreckage and then disappearing into the vortex.
    Maybe that's what we should all do, just forget the ships that protect us from the deadly storm, and head outside.
    Thank you very much humans, you saved us"