New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan, Mk. XLVII: A Flat World From Recycled Scrap

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    YAY! We get to see greg and crew be useful! Im still waiting for dex to show up and save the day. We need another "never take your eyes off the enforcer" type assault. For pure delicious irony, he should say it to dj or snuggly.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Oh. My. God.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is what Mookie decided to do now? Have Gregory "raise the spirits" of the infected-but-not-suffering survivors of Luna's Massacre while, at this very moment DJ is preparing to Enact His Evil Plan? We are going to have a week of Gregory being Metal(tm) and everyone is going to act like this is a great and good thing to do?!

Did Mookie get so bored with his plot that he decided to go outside of the storyline simply to permit his Metal Insert to Rock Out(tm)? Is this where the comic is now? Is it?!

I cannot fully express how outraged this makes me. There's being lazy and then there's making a mockery of your own work for the past decade or so. I literally cannot believe this is happening
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Nothing more punk than joining some aristocrats in nationalistic battle hymns. Aa-woo.

I Love Dominique:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

We saw the plot was heading toward "everyone is useful" kind of ending about two weeks ago, I think some of us even made jokes about this possibility.
    And yet, actually seeing it in the comic, is just...

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    Oh. My. God.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is what Mookie decided to do now? Have Gregory "raise the spirits" of the infected-but-not-suffering survivors of Luna's Massacre while, at this very moment DJ is preparing to Enact His Evil Plan? We are going to have a week of Gregory being Metal(tm) and everyone is going to act like this is a great and good thing to do?!
    On the bright side, since it's "everyone is useful", we'll probably move to a different pointless character tomorrow. At least I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    Nothing more punk than joining some aristocrats in nationalistic battle hymns. Aa-woo.
    So if it wasn't obvious before, facebath isn't about protesting or strong emotions channeled into songs, it's about noise, the louder the better.

5. - Top - End - #95

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    So if it wasn't obvious before, facebath isn't about protesting or strong emotions channeled into songs, it's about noise, the louder the better.
    The best part is that according to canon, one of the strongest influences on Greg's music is his own battle with overcoming necromantic blight. Surely Facebath has a couple of personal, inspirational songs that would be directly relevant to this situati- naaaah, aa-woo, aa-woo.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

On the bright side, since it's "everyone is useful", we'll probably move to a different pointless character tomorrow. At least I hope so.
    I kind of want to see Gregory barking at werewolves take up more time than Masutel's almost-attack, just because it would be so aggressively pointless I'd have to laugh.

Also, I'm kind of wondering what keeps these people from just being cured. We've seen white magic do that, there should be one of the Sacred Knights currently present. We've seen necromancy do it, and Jacob's obviously there.
    But let's ignore that. More Facebath is always best.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

My head, she is sore.

Is he trolling us? Is he? Can we really rule it out?

Also, Taz's mouth. What.

Ugh. I can't even come up with anything funny.

Also, how unnatural is "we need werewolf fight songs"? Wouldn't something like "I feel like some werewolf fight songs might do the trick" or "Do you know any werewolf fight songs?" or "The hymns are nice, but my people respond better to our own music, like werewolf fight songs" or whatever be better? But no, just "we need werewolf fight songs. NOTHING ELSE WILL DO. RAWR."
    Last edited by Zaq; 2012-10-23 at 12:54 AM.
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    Also, Taz's mouth. What.
    Twice, even.

Also, how unnatural is "we need werewolf fight songs"? Wouldn't something like "I feel like some werewolf fight songs might do the trick" or "Do you know any werewolf fight songs?" or "The hymns are nice, but my people respond better to our own music, like werewolf fight songs" or whatever be better? But no, just "we need werewolf fight songs. NOTHING ELSE WILL DO. RAWR."
    "Sing to me of chasing postmen. DO IT NOW!"

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    Also, I'm kind of wondering what keeps these people from just being cured. We've seen white magic do that, there should be one of the Sacred Knights currently present. We've seen necromancy do it, and Jacob's obviously there.
    But let's ignore that. More Facebath is always best.
    I think only the person who created the blight can take it away.
    At least that was the case with Greg.

It could have been a good opportunity for Greg to sound semi-smart and tell them that they must free Rillian since he is the only one who can cure them.
    But no, we have Facebath.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

It could have been a good opportunity for Greg to sound semi-smart and tell them that they must free Rillian since he is the only one who can cure them.
    But no, we have Facebath.
    No, that would be ****ing proactive and not just sitting around waiting to die. But hey, let's not do that, instead let's sit around while a Deegan sings to us, and wait for another Deegan to save us...uggggg

I think only the person who created the blight can take it away.
    At least that was the case with Greg.
    Then why does Jacob not have the Blight anymore? He was Blighted in the zombie fight, but now he's perfectly fine. If he can cure himself, why can't he cure other people?

You know what, let's explain this in comic form.
    Spoiler
    Show

Credit to Mr. Pibbleton on the SA thread.
    Last edited by Rhapsh; 2012-10-23 at 02:00 AM.

11. - Top - End - #101

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsh View Post
    Then why does Jacob not have the Blight anymore? He was Blighted in the zombie fight, but now he's perfectly fine. If he can cure himself, why can't he cure other people?
    If Jacob rips the blight out of all those Luanian priests like he did in the Visions of Doom arc, then the end result is a whole army of SuperGregs. I think there's a clause in the Geneva convention against that.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

If Jacob rips the blight out of all those Luanian priests like he did in the Visions of Doom arc, then the end result is a whole army of SuperGregs. I think there's a clause in the Geneva convention against that.
    I think the problem with curing Greg in Visions of Doom was that he 'pulled the blight through his good leg'. he could cure Greg easily and painlesly but he choose to hurt him. He can cure lunanians easily and painlessly but... hmm no, I got nothing.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cen View Post
    I think the problem with curing Greg in Visions of Doom was that he 'pulled the blight through his good leg'. he could cure Greg easily and painlesly but he choose to hurt him. He can cure lunanians easily and painlessly but... hmm no, I got nothing.
    Even if he can't cure them painlessly, and has to rip the disease out of them, isn't that preferable to slow death? The only logical defense is because they are blighted all over, ripping it out would kill them. But that falls apart because you've got a bunch of white mages capable of keeping someone alive as the blight is ripped from them.

But everyone is just going to sit down and die? Non-Deegans don't have any agency at all.

The Blight is simply a plot device, but like most things in this comic it's been overused and now makes no sense.
    Last edited by Rhapsh; 2012-10-23 at 02:59 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Barbarian in the Playground

It is unbelievable how the entire universe revolves around the Deegans. What's the solution to a lot of blighted people? Have the Deegans sing!
    I think is not a case of Mookie not caring. I think that Mookie actually thinks this crap is good.

15. - Top - End - #105

The great part here is how casually dismissive Milov is of his own language. Since howling is how you send complex emotional messages, and he's just like oh yeah whatever, howl and growl guys, it'll be great.

By the way, where are they? I thought everyone got moved to Barthis because of reasons, but that's a ruined building in the background of 8.
    Who makes fabulous avatars? MEMNARCH makes fabulous avatars!

16. - Top - End - #106

Where the &^%$*%^&$*&^% are the luanians insta heal from everything necklaces and why havent they activated?

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

17. - Top - End - #107

Ugh. Telegraphed, obvious punchline. So much Greg-worship. Hey, everyone, look at how sophisticated Greg and his band are! They can play church music even though they think it's lame! But they'll do it because they're so kind and generous. But of course, they prefer TOTALLY AWESOME random noise. Greg is SO AWESOME!!!!

18. - Top - End - #108

I usually don't bash the artwork too much, but I really dislike how Mookie draws the Deegans' smile when they get happy/geeky over something. Greg has the same smile today that Miranda had in the past, and it is actually pretty creepy. Mookie must think it is funny/cool, but it fails. I want to give Mookie credit for showing emotion instead of just having the characters say it, but I just can't.
    It's not a matter of being lazy or a bad artist. I really don't think Mookie knows the types of emotions real people feel, or how they express them.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

If the werewolves need motivations through howling and raging they could just come look at this thread after today's update.

There is one positive about today's update though:

No newspost.

20. - Top - End - #110

Im serious now, why arent they being healed by their ankhs of resurrection or whatever the hell it is that they wear all the time that saves them from lethal damage over and over again? Did mookie just FORGET about his drama destroying device he abused with regularity in the whole, "Im going. . . to DIE!" arc?

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

BTW, are Facebath the only people in the city who can play a freaking guitar?
    Surely there must be people more qualified than them for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsh View Post

You know what, let's explain this in comic form.
    Spoiler
    Show

Credit to Mr. Pibbleton on the SA thread.
    Thanks, it's much more clear now.
    Blight is harmful only if it needs to be harmful for the plot.
    This time, it was needed to be harmful so Greg can cheer people up, and tomorrow it might be ignored when we move to some other character.

Might also need a similar explanation to understand where the characters are, because it seems to me they keep bouncing between the ruined cathedral, and the city.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketpony View Post
    The great part here is how casually dismissive Milov is of his own language. Since howling is how you send complex emotional messages, and he's just like oh yeah whatever, howl and growl guys, it'll be great.
    This is probably the response they got:
    Gregory, I know we asked for a war song, but your version was just what we needed for morale.
    the part when you started singing "cat in marpel candy, wag tail on boat" was freaking HILARIOUS!

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

Last minute prediction: Snowsong and Greg finally hook up.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm okay with this comic. Dominic is being tortured as he should be, all is right with the world.

I'd honestly vote for the King in the next election on his torture Deegans policy.

25. - Top - End - #115

GnomeWizardGuy

Oh no! I hope Dominic is okay - wait, it's a Wednesday, phew!

I Love Dominique:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

Oh hey, it's a misunderstanding joke. That's a kind of joke that never gets old. At all. Keep 'em coming, Mookie.

I Love Dominique:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Funny how panel 7 works so much better here because Katya looks more irritated than worried anyway.

Oh, and something from the newspost:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie
    There are still some folks who don't know that the comic is ending on or around May 2013!
    So now it's around May 2013. And so it begins...

27. - Top - End - #117

Does Mookie really need 7+ months to end DD? I can see it ending in 3, and I'm being really generous here. Dominic is in DJ's clutches, that's pretty much steering towards endgame already and all everyone needs to do is to stop sitting on their asses and storm the ****ing castle already!

What else can Mookie stretch for 4 months?
    Last edited by Humbug; 2012-10-24 at 08:51 AM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Humbug View Post
    Does Mookie really need 7+ months to end DD? I can see it ending in 3, and I'm being really generous here. Dominic is in DJ's clutches, that's pretty much steering towards endgame already and all everyone needs to do is to stop sitting on their asses and storm the ****ing castle already!

What else can Mookie stretch for 4 months?
    The After-party AKA Around the World pt. 2. That easily takes 6-7 months, dontcha know?

29. - Top - End - #119

30. - Top - End - #120

See, Dominic, this is why you don't give yourself up to the villain as soon as they look threatening unless you have some sort of plan and consult with others.