New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1503
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan, Mk. XLVII: A Flat World From Recycled Scrap

So.. I completely thought the whole first set of panels with Miranda was taking place back at her pocket dimension earlier and was wondering why we were being shown this now...

Now I realize it's during the battle. >> (Because I read the comments here)
    Icon by azuyomi244.

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Halfling in the Playground

Wow. We've spent so long focusing on beam-spamming that I completely forgot how absolutely terrible Mookie is at drawing physical action. It's so stiff and blocky, like a pair of cheap action figures that can't bend at the knees or elbows having a slapfight.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me, however, if this was all just a distraction:
    TIM: "You couldn't kill me with a knife a year ago - what makes you think you can do it now?"
    Stunt: "Wasn't trying to kill you, was trying to get you to take your eye off the intercepblablablahblah etc."

Extra points if the strip is laid out to mirror that awful Wild Edge arc when Stunt threw the knife at the cloud and crushed Random Jock #428. Extra extra points if there's a link to that strip in the newspost.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Valencia View Post
    So.. I completely thought the whole first set of panels with Miranda was taking place back at her pocket dimension earlier and was wondering why we were being shown this now...

Now I realize it's during the battle. >> (Because I read the comments here)
    This is what happens when you don't plan things through.

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Pixie in the Playground

Wasn't there some issue with her having to much power causeing her spells to blow up on her?

Shouldn't taking in all the power at once cause her to basicly blow herself up completely?

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bomaz View Post
    Shouldn't taking in all the power at once cause her to basicly blow herself up completely?
    Is that supposed to be a bad thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Made from that holy glove thing she wanted to cure szark with way back in the day?
    Or some other ass-pull.
    If it is the case, we may have a new record for beating a boss.
    But I doubt it, Donoven still didn't do anything, and he needs to contribute to the effort somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoriceisgood View Post
    Did that first panel come out of nowhere, yes right?

1 panel flashback to explain silly power ups ..go?
    For a change, it's connected to something we already saw, and it is mentioned in the comic instead of in the news post.
    So I guess that's progress.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    But I doubt it, Donoven still didn't do anything, and he needs to contribute to the effort somehow.
    Also, they need to believe in the power of friendship and combine their powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

9. - Top - End - #1209

Did you want more knife-fight action?
    TOO BAD DEEGAN TIME

I'm going to say it - an issue with beamspan is that it is difficult to tell where the beam is originating from. I'm pretty sure this is a Deegan-centered effect (because it's doing something), but if you told me it was the other way, and what we're seeing is Miranda shielding herself, I'd believe that too.
    Also, Donovan seems really blase about turning his back on the nightmare death engine they were fighting just a moment or so ago.
    Who makes fabulous avatars? MEMNARCH makes fabulous avatars!

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rocketpony View Post
    Did you want more knife-fight action?
    TOO BAD DEEGAN TIME

I'm going to say it - an issue with beamspan is that it is difficult to tell where the beam is originating from. I'm pretty sure this is a Deegan-centered effect (because it's doing something), but if you told me it was the other way, and what we're seeing is Miranda shielding herself, I'd believe that too.
    Also, Donovan seems really blase about turning his back on the nightmare death engine they were fighting just a moment or so ago.
    Its ok, he's off panel, that means he is frozen in time. And yeah, im trying to figure out if momma deegan just blocked a half dozen bits of moving fortress beam spam weaponry, or if she is so powerful she can spam SIX beams at once to blow stuff up. Other possibility is, her entire contingent of mages just cast a volley of beam spam at the castle because she forgot her husband is trying to do something inside. Perhaps if she had said something like, "Consider this a divorce" we would know what she was thinking. :p
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

11. - Top - End - #1211

And because Mookie's art is so inept at getting the right message across, he has to rely on a random character saying "oh no" to make us feel suspense, because otherwise we'd have no idea what to feel.

12. - Top - End - #1212

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McGician View Post
    And because Mookie's art is so inept at getting the right message across, he has to rely on a random character saying "oh no" to make us feel suspense, because otherwise we'd have no idea what to feel.
    The worst part is, even with the oh no its still ambiguous. Is that a shockwave from beamspam hitting the castle? From it bouncing off the megamommas super shield of awesome might? Is it a counter attack by momma? By her and her amazing friends? *EDIT* Did she need the extra power to block an incoming attack? To prepare a massive assault? EVERYTHING HERE COULD MEAN ANYTHING!
    Last edited by Traab; 2013-01-02 at 12:23 AM.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

For a change, it's connected to something we already saw, and it is mentioned in the comic instead of in the news post.
    So I guess that's progress.
    Ah yeah, forgot that he always has links in his newspost, whoops lol.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Dwarf in the Playground

Since it's Momma Deegan, I'm going to assume she's attacking. Clearly the powerup was needed for more beamspam.
    Icon by azuyomi244.

15. - Top - End - #1215

We don't have much time.
    Future link

Well, that answers the questions about beams! For sure, that's Miranda laying down the hurt. That's definitely what's happening. All of the hurt taking place here is Miranda-originating.
    Donovan, meanwhile, is having the sinking feeling that maybe they should have actually planned this whole thing out a little better than they did.
    Who makes fabulous avatars? MEMNARCH makes fabulous avatars!

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Titan in the Playground

It's probably possible to make this dialogue more awkward-sounding, but whenever I try, my brain shuts down.

The kicker, of course, is that I can't even figure out why it feels so stilted. It's not especially long-winded, there are no major crimes against grammar, and it's not like he's saying anything especially weird. It's just that this is clearly not what the characters should be saying. Am I wrong?
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

17. - Top - End - #1217

We don't have much time.
    Future link

Well, that answers the questions about beams! For sure, that's Miranda laying down the hurt. That's definitely what's happening. All of the hurt taking place here is Miranda-originating.
    Donovan, meanwhile, is having the sinking feeling that maybe they should have actually planned this whole thing out a little better than they did.
    Yep, that was her beam spam to take out the blight bombs lunas improvised weapon missed. Of course, it looks like SHE missed one too, so uh oh. And, did TIM just kill rillian or something? It really looks like some stupid extended arm attack thing.

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Firbolg in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Killing Rillian means that the Virus bombs detonate now, and that TIM gets all Rillian's powers, right? Because otherwise that was just dumb.

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Acanous View Post
    Killing Rillian means that the Virus bombs detonate now, and that TIM gets all Rillian's powers, right? Because otherwise that was just dumb.
    Fact the first: TIM likes killin' dudes.
    Fact the second: All three members of Team Deegan present have massive Mookie Shields up, because Mookie.
    Fact the third: There is no such thing as in-character knowledge; what Mookie knows, all characters also know (e.g., Donovan knowing that Miranda is going all Super Saiyan just from vague muffled booms at an indeterminate distance).
    Fact the fourth: Following from fact the third, TIM knows that these Mookie Shields are present.
    Conclusion: TIM knows that Rilian is the only killable party present, and therefore knows that if he is to remain in-character and kill some dudes, Rilian is the only viable target. TIM is remaining in character.

Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

This was part of Karnak's plan all along.

Alternatively, Mookie couldn't think of a way for Donovan et al to survive so he took the random way out.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Troll in the Playground

These characters have no voice whatsoever. They've all become Mookie's idea of an anime/action hero badass. The transformation is complete.
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2013-01-03 at 05:11 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1222

NecromancerGuy

Been awhile . . . There are at least 3 surviving ICBMs, aka Inter-Continental Blight Missiles. Possibly more.

Luna's stupid as all hell plan only took out a couple of the first wave of ICBMs. I think the panel in question showed two of them being perfectly okay and continuing on their path of destruction.

In the second wave of ICBMs, we can see at least one of them surviving to do what they're going to do. Probably more. We can't really see how many more are off-panel to the left . . . But as long as more than 6 ICBMs were launched, then more than one survived. Miranda only got off 5 shots. Pretty pathetic for your ultimate power. Still smarter than Luna's retarded kamikaze plan.

And that's only assuming all of these ICBMs are being fired in the same direction, instead of them being fired off in an omnidirectional spread. So many more could be hurtling towards some other part of the world to kill a bunch of people. (Then again, Mookie is a bit of a dumbass . . .)

So yeah. At least 3 locations should be getting blight bombed.

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Dwarf in the Playground

That's a nasty wound. I hope the undead skeleton doesn't bleed to death.

I wonder what the effect of being stabbed with concentrated healing magic would be. I mean, it's still a stab. But it's healing magic. But he's a lich. But it's inverted healing magic. What will happen? It's like murder roulette

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    These characters have no voice whatsoever. They've all become Mookie's idea of an anime/action hero badass. The transformation is complete.
    There we go. That's what I was grasping for and just missing. Thanks for articulating that.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm trying to follow the flow of the battle:

- The trio arrive to the room and see Rillian.
    - Quilt is standing right next to Rillian.
    - Tim appears, Quilt charges and engages with blade vs. blades combat.
    - Stunt stabs TIM from behind.
    - TIM doesn't even flinch, turns around and shoots Rillian. For some reason, Quilt is standing far away from TIM in that second.

My conclusion: Quilt used the few seconds Stunt bought him to try and run away.
    I find no other reason for him to be so far from TIM.

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Troll in the Playground

I'm trying to follow the flow of the battle:

- The trio arrive to the room and see Rillian.
    - Quilt is standing right next to Rillian.
    - Tim appears, Quilt charges and engages with blade vs. blades combat.
    - Stunt stabs TIM from behind.
    - TIM doesn't even flinch, turns around and shoots Rillian. For some reason, Quilt is standing far away from TIM in that second.

My conclusion: Quilt used the few seconds Stunt bought him to try and run away.
    I find no other reason for him to be so far from TIM.
    I choose to assume that Quilt and TIM spent a couple of minutes fighting offscreen while Stunt and Donovan chilled out against the wall and discussed Miranda's exploding powers.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

27. - Top - End - #1227

I'm betting TIM absorbing Rilian's magic will either kill him outright, or weaken him enough so that the others can finish him with Mookiesque sword poses.

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    I choose to assume that Quilt and TIM spent a couple of minutes fighting offscreen while Stunt and Donovan chilled out against the wall and discussed Miranda's exploding powers.
    Both fighting with blades, so why is Quilt so far from TIM?

Maybe it's the other way around.
    They were off-screen, and used the time to sit in the corner playing cards. Tim just got up a few seconds before.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Donovan: "Man, that was so badass and metal, dude radical explosion!"
    Stunt: "It was all right, but I can't say that because I'm supposed to be a grizzled badass with a secret heart of Nice Guy gold, since I don't believe in lying to women (who I loathe). I may have killed my mother and left some guy to be eaten alive, but that doesn't matter because one of them turned out to be totally not my fault and the other guy was a jerk anyway I am redeemed."
    Stunt: "I think that's what I am anyway, my characterisation's all over the place. Instead I'll try not to look amazed but inside I will be in awe. Of course, since Mookie can't portray this I'll have to either explain it to you, or you can explain my emotions to me, possibly in the 8th panel as a hilarious joke."
    Donovan: "Haha bro, you broke the fourth wall! I am literally the kind of character a tvtropes user would come up with. Metal!"
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2013-01-03 at 03:59 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1230

Sneaky Gate
    Future Link

There is much confusion in me.