New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [FO:E] Fallout Equestria OOC 2: Ante-Up My Little Ponies

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    I think I'm dropping Eleyew out of the train. She's been ignored too long to have any impact anymore.

It could be said she just happened to be on a different train cart?

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

I think I'm dropping Eleyew out of the train. She's been ignored too long to have any impact anymore.
    You haven't posted in like a week. It's hard for them to interact with someone who isn't even showing any signs of activity, and appears to have simply dropped out of the game. There were plenty of comments and actions and scenes your character could have commented on or reacted to. So please do not accuse the other players of ignoring you, as that is an unfair judgement to make on them all things considered.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, since no one has addressed her since the train ride started...
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Well, since no one has addressed her since the train ride started...
    You don't have to be addressed directly to respond to what's happening. They were all more focused on trying to escape than to stop and make conversation, more than likely.

They're not entirely blameless. Yeah, they probably should have at least mentioned your character in passing. But you really should have said something, either in the IC thread, or here in the OOC. You haven't posted in either thread for more than several days. Honestly, I thought you'd dropped out of the game without bothering to tell us. Folks do it all the time.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

*re-reads Rebo's post about the Alicorns doing SCIENCE!*

Y'know, I can't shake the mental image of a few dozen Alicorns just milling about around the necromatic field after many such failed experiments. Just...wandering about, all asking the others if they have any idea what they should do next, and the others responding I dunno, do you know what we're supposed to do now? And they say I dunno, I'll ask this other alicorn...

And the zebras just lie there, attempting to block their ears from the yammering scourge inflicted upon them.

*This moment of levity brought to you by Hurricane Sandy, who has me holed up in my dorm with little else to do but be goofy*

On actual in-game matters, I'm cool with whenever the Girdershade group arrives back at town, and I'm also okay with them chatting up Fleetwing more. When ya'll are ready to head back, just say so.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-10-29 at 04:25 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    *re-reads Rebo's post about the Alicorns doing SCIENCE!*

Y'know, I can't shake the mental image of a few dozen Alicorns just milling about around the necromatic field after many such failed experiments. Just...wandering about, all asking the others if they have any idea what they should do next, and the others responding I dunno, do you know what we're supposed to do now? And they say I dunno, I'll ask this other alicorn...

And the zebras just lie there, attempting to block their ears from the yammering scourge inflicted upon them.

*This moment of levity brought to you by Hurricane Sandy, who has me holed up in my dorm with little else to do but be goofy*

On actual in-game matters, I'm cool with whenever the Girdershade group arrives back at town, and I'm also okay with them chatting up Fleetwing more. When ya'll are ready to head back, just say so.
    IIRC, that actually happens in the Fallout: Equestria fic. A trio of alicorns are seen standing around idly chatting, and one comments on how she used to be a guy, and how weird the difference feels. XD

As for the Girdershade group, I was going to let y'all hang a little bit longer, so you could come to a unified decision on the soda conundrum.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    IIRC, that actually happens in the Fallout: Equestria fic. A trio of alicorns are seen standing around idly chatting, and one comments on how she used to be a guy, and how weird the difference feels. XD
    You know, the Canterlot Alicorns in general pretty much fit in 3 categories: They go crazy, act like they're high on something, or are Nightseer.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    You know, the Canterlot Alicorns in general pretty much fit in 3 categories: They go crazy, act like they're high on something, or are Nightseer.
    Heh. I hope we do get to see the odd crazy alicorn just chilling and milling about.

As for the Girdershade group, I was going to let y'all hang a little bit longer, so you could come to a unified decision on the soda conundrum.
    The problem with this is that I'm not sure Fleetwing will actually bring it up unless prompted to. Gleamy doesn't really care either way, and Swift and Violetta clearly want the sodas to go to Fizz. Fleetwing knows that if does bring it up, he's getting absolutely zero support in his decision, and will probably just get bullied or otherwise forced into giving them to Fizz. Even if that's not the case, he's too paranoid to try arguing his case anyway.

So for right now, he's trying to keep quiet about it, and look for an opportunity to give them over to Bucky without the other folks finding out. Do I think he'll succeed? Probably not. But I think it's what he'd do.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-10-29 at 05:00 PM.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Firbolg in the Playground

Better solution, find Scoops, give sodas to her.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

The problem with this is that I'm not sure Fleetwing will actually bring it up unless prompted to. Gleamy doesn't really care either way, and Swift and Violetta clearly want the sodas to go to Fizz. Fleetwing knows that if does bring it up, he's getting absolutely zero support in his decision, and will probably just get bullied or otherwise forced into giving them to Fizz. Even if that's not the case, he's too paranoid to try arguing his case anyway.

So for right now, he's trying to keep quiet about it, and look for an opportunity to give them over to Bucky without the other folks finding out. Do I think he'll succeed? Probably not. But I think it's what he'd do.
    I'd like to note that Swift bears no particular care for where the soda goes, and merely has no knowledge of Bucky's desire for the soft drink MacGuffins. She just assumes that they're giving Fizz the soda because that seems like the logical conclusion of such a venture.

On the karma meter, she's sitting evenly at the low end of good. Not "Very Good," mind you. Just regular good, and not that far away from neutral.

She wouldn't actually object to giving the soda to Bucky if she understood the reasoning, but she wouldn't make any real effort to sway anyone else.

EDIT: On Glyphmark/Canterlot: Note that I'm not going to be playing this for long; Rebo and I are just setting up a Plot point...
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2012-10-29 at 05:09 PM.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Barbarian in the Playground

Eh....
    Screw this, I'm throwing Luka into helping the slaves escape from Swift, yes he may get caught again, but he actually would help the slaves if he seen them in that trouble, and unarmed Luka ain't exactly much fun.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Eh....
    Screw this, I'm throwing Luka into helping the slaves escape from Swift, yes he may get caught again, but he actually would help the slaves if he seen them in that trouble, and unarmed Luka ain't exactly much fun.
    I don't understand why you're so fixated on the unarmed bit. It's not hard to find a new gun, and just because a character lacks a gun, doesn't mean he's useless or weak.

But hey, if you wanna go try to play hero again...

I got no complaints.

13. - Top - End - #313

I don't understand why you're so fixated on the unarmed bit. It's not hard to find a new gun, and just because a character lacks a gun, doesn't mean he's useless or weak.

I got no complaints.
    It's not that a character is useless and weak without a gun, he is useless and weak without one, he's the kind that needs a shotgun to a hoof fight: Doesn't really know to fight with hooves and is pretty weak, may try to use his agility to evade and hit kind of fast, but he still would pretty much suck; even his traits and skills are either guns, medicine or science, but he doesn't have his medkit either. Just playing him without a gun is like playing Call of duty without a gun or melee thing
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-10-29 at 06:27 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I got no complaints.
    Look at the bright side! This way, you get to introduce Red Eye properly in person.

15. - Top - End - #315

So keep the party together in a way that increases Finder's harmonic alignment (and he's magic.. so maybe that can help with his limited spells)... or avoid the inevitable beatings as the adult pony that started the escape.

Decisions...
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

Considering the party is exhausted, nearly out of juice, has one pony with a broken leg, and has virtually no supplies and miles of inhospitable Wasteland to go through...

The beatings may not be so bad, actually.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

It's not that a character is useless and weak without a gun, he is useless and weak without one, he's the kind that needs a shotgun to a hoof fight: Doesn't really know to fight with hooves and is pretty weak, may try to use his agility to evade and hit kind of fast, but he still would pretty much suck; even his traits and skills are either guns, medicine or science, but he doesn't have his medkit either. Just playing him without a gun is like playing Call of duty without a gun or melee thing
    This isn't Call of Duty, though. This is Fallout. If you don't have the tools you need, you don't blindly charge into a challenge in hopes that you've get your tools back. You run away, play it save, scavenge what you need, and move on.

But eh. I'm not going to stop you. Nor am I going to say this is a 100% stupid/doomed plan of action. But as with most situations in Fallout, running is almost always the best option.

Red Eye: "Miss Stern, please put on some tea. We're expecting guests. "
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-10-29 at 06:41 PM.

18. - Top - End - #318

This isn't Call of Duty, though. This is Fallout. If you don't have the tools you need, you don't blindly charge into a challenge in hopes that you've get your tools back. You run away, play it save, scavenge what you need, and move on.

But eh. I'm not going to stop you. Nor am I going to say this is a 100% stupid/doomed plan of action. But as with most situations in Fallout, running is almost always the best option.

Red Eye: "Miss Stern, please put on some tea. We're expecting guests. "
    ....PFFF
    I've played Fallout charging headlong and I win, at very hard, at least until I run out of ammo, though running out of ammo for me is kind of odd since I'm most of the time packing with thousands of boolet because I get money by scavenging everything ... It's kind of stim consuming though.

....Actually I tend to lose more by running away than by just plain hitting form another side
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

....PFFF
    I've played Fallout charging headlong and I win, at very hard, at least until I run out of ammo, though running out of ammo for me is kind of odd since I'm most of the time packing with thousands of boolet because I get money by scavenging everything ... It's kind of stim consuming though.

....Actually I tend to lose more by running away than by just plain hitting form another side
    Bear in mind, pdp rpg characters tend to be a lot less survivable and easy to patch up than video game characters.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

....PFFF

That's because Fallout 3 and New Vegas try not to kill you horribly by scaling encounters to your level. Try that in Fallout or Fallout 2, and you'll find your character missing all of their limbs very quickly.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

....PFFF

Yeah, but this is Fallout as if you aren't the main character.

This is Fallout as if you're one of the many random mooks running about the Wasteland. You might have a chance to get some nice gear, get some nice experience, and become a well-respected force, but you have to earn that right. And you'll never get anywhere close to the Lone Wanderer or the Courier, simply because you don't have that level of Plot Armor.

EDIT: Or, yeah, you could just go back to Fallout or Fallout 2. That works.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-10-29 at 07:03 PM.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Yeah, but this is Fallout as if you aren't the main character.

This is Fallout as if you're one of the many random mooks running about the Wasteland. You might have a chance to get some nice gear, get some nice experience, and become a well-respected force, but you have to earn that right. And you'll never get anywhere close to the Lone Wanderer or the Courier, simply because you don't have that level of Plot Armor.

EDIT: Or, yeah, you could just go back to Fallout or Fallout 2. That works.

THIS GUY GETS IT.

23. - Top - End - #323

That's because Fallout 3 and New Vegas try not to kill you horribly by scaling encounters to your level. Try that in Fallout or Fallout 2, and you'll find your character missing all of their limbs very quickly.
    Yah yah let's try to see you surviving with a 10mm pistol/10mm smg at lvl 2-3 against an enclave trooper or a radscorpion, just something big

THIS GUY GETS IT.
    But I actually done that too in them and it worked!

Also that mooks usually did it too and I think they had similar advantages
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-10-29 at 07:28 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #324

Rushing to the power armor in FO2 doesn't count.
    It's funny, but doesn't count.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Yah yah let's try to see you surviving with a 10mm pistol/10mm smg at lvl 2-3 against an enclave trooper or a radscorpion, just something big
    In Fallout 3, this actually is very easily doable. You can backpedal at the speed a Radscorpion runs, making it a simple matter to kill one unless you get backed up into a corner.
    Enclave Troops are a tad harder, but can still be done. They are best engaged at range, because while they have very good aim and Plasma Rifles hurt, the projectiles move slowly enough that not only can you see them coming, but you can dodge them fairly easily. Also, Power Armor got nerfed quite a bit, meaning that you could take an Enclave Trooper out with a decent number of well-aimed headshots.

Yeah, right.

Endgame Enclave Soldiers can effortlessly tear apart just about any PC on any difficulty above easy, if you don't use any strategy. Just charging in usually just results in getting shot up with Pulse Rifles and Pistols, Gauss Rifles, Plasma Rifles, and Vindicator Miniguns. An unlucky crit is usually guaranteed PC death. And they all have ridiculous accuracy and very high crit rates, sometimes in excess of 20%.

Even the Advanced Power Armor won't save you from a large Group of Enclave Soldiers unless you're playing on the easiest difficulty.

Even before that, try taking on a group of Highwaymen or Golden Geckos before about level 3. I guarantee you a speedy death for most builds.

@V: Or there's that explanation less in terms of irrelevant game mechanics and more in terms of actual dynamics of a story, which is probably more important here.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2012-10-29 at 07:55 PM.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Exactly our point, bro. Characters in this can't go charging into overwhelming odds and expect to live because they have Plot Armor. They don't have Plot Armor. Some of them may have light Comic Relief Armor, and maybe some light Plot Armor in a few cases. But if your PC does something stupid or charges into certain death... the results will be exactly what you'd expect in a normal situation, protagonist or not.

You're not getting what he's saying. Of course you've done that in the Fallout video games. You were the Lone Wanderer, the Courier, the Chosen One, or the Vault Dweller. You weren't an average joe, a mook, or somebody without Plot Armor.

In this game, you're a glorified mook. If you're smart, and play it safe, and pull the right strings, then eventually you will earn a bit of Plot Armor. And then a bit more. And then a bit more. But automatically assuming that your character can charge the gates of hell and emerge victorious, just because they're a "protagonist," is not how games like this work.

Think of your companions in Fallout 3, or your companions in New Vegas with Hardcore Mode on. Picking up Jericho or Dogmeat or Boone or Veronica early on in the game, before you had access to crazy unbalanced stuff like power armor and plasma weapons. What happened when you ran into overwhelming odds, or the enemy got some lucky shots in on them?

They died.

They died a lot faster and a lot easier than you did. Why? Because they're not the Main Character. They have less protection and importance.

In this game, this play-by-post RPG, the player's characters are not Main Characters. No one is more special than anybody else. You're all on the same level. Or at least, you're supposed to be. You're not the Main Character. You're on par with the Companions. Awesome in their own rights, but still not clad in a suit of guilded Plot Armor, and liable to die when the odds are against them, or they just have an unlucky break.

This is for the sake of balance, and also to fit with the theme and setting of the game. Whether they're a Steel Ranger, a Courier, a Stabledweller, a mercenary, a doctor, a filly, an old stallion, a robot, a cyborg, or a ghoul... all are equal in the eyes of Death.

Oh. And there's no auto-save to fall back on. If your character screws up, you have to deal with the consequences. And dealing with the consequences of their actions is something that a lot of characters in this game seem to not want to do...
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-10-29 at 07:54 PM.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Troll in the Playground

My laptop has tanked, using another's for some posts today. Don't expect much from, expect simply very sporadic posting.

28. - Top - End - #328

No matter what goes on, we know one thing:
    The three ponies in question are going to be very depressed after the beatdown.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #329

Nah, Luka's would not be that much, he would just be very mad, think of him as kind of having a little pony Kamina on his head

And I don't know if he's going to even get a beatdown if the slavers don't hurt colts cuz Red Eye's orders

In Fallout 3, this actually is very easily doable. You can backpedal at the speed a Radscorpion runs, making it a simple matter to kill one unless you get backed up into a corner.
    Enclave Troops are a tad harder, but can still be done. They are best engaged at range, because while they have very good aim and Plasma Rifles hurt, the projectiles move slowly enough that not only can you see them coming, but you can dodge them fairly easily. Also, Power Armor got nerfed quite a bit, meaning that you could take an Enclave Trooper out with a decent number of well-aimed headshots.
    Oh, nice
    Now, try doing it against a giant one or a deathclaw.
    Also the Enclave trooper at close range

Plus, I didn't have any plot armor, except lvl 2-3 HP, and that's nothing a plasma rifle can't pierce.

....And playing "an average joe that's just from the crowd" ain't exactly fun for me, you know... Except when it involves screwing that and just pwning armies anyways without needing to be a chosen one.
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-10-29 at 10:23 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground

Luka, is 'post order' a phrase that means nothing to ye?

I'm trying to make sure I can properly reply to posts tonight, but its being hard to do when the scene changes abruptly to another thing. Swift Star would have had some action for when Luka tried to attack him, and then a refresh later...he's (Luka) off galloping off somewhere, among other things.

;_;