New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: [FO:E] OOC Thread The Second: Ante-Up My Little Ponies

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    Naah, his cousn is gonna protect the **** outta him.
    Against an alicorn?

Uhhhh... I hope you know what you're up against. Does your new character even have a profile?
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Making it now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Against an alicorn?

Uhhhh... I hope you know what you're up against. Does your new character even have a profile?
    Well, her corpse could stop the Alicorn's beam of magical death for maybe 1 second before it pierces through and snipes Elestre. Heroic Sacrifices are alot less heroic when your up against mini eldritch abominations.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Pff, Anoma's just giving the Unity good publicity now.... Well, it would be if other non-believers were even seeing her.... Which I guess would make her meeting Gleamy all the more interesting

Also, now I'm confused about the NA stuff.... There's alicorns and slavers going to siege the town? or they're just going to look for the party?
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Pff, Anoma's just giving the Unity good publicity now.... Well, it would be if other non-believers were even seeing her.... Which I guess would make her meeting Gleamy all the more interesting

Also, now I'm confused about the NA stuff.... There's alicorns and slavers going to siege the town? or they're just going to look for the party?
    There's at least one alicorn somewhere outside the town demanding that the folks who attack Old Appleloosa come out and surrender. If they don't, or if the town tries to protect them, then Red Eye will remove his protection from New Appleloosa. Which means alicorns, slavers, raiders, and who knows what else will eventually come attack.

Basically, if the "heroes" don't come out one way or another, Old Appleloosa is probably screwed.

Edit: Oh, and just a heads up. Most of the folks in New Appleloosa won't hesitate to sell out the heroes if it means protecting their families from the wrath of the Goddess and Red Eye. So, uh, don't expect much help from them... If anything, I'd be worried about the town guards.
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-10-18 at 06:53 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Alrighty, where are each of the ponies that the voice of the Goddess is trying to get to surrender themselves?

Are they in view? Who would could be seen by a townsponies by chance?

7. - Top - End - #37

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Alrighty, where are each of the ponies that the voice of the Goddess is trying to get to surrender themselves?

Are they in view? Who would could be seen by a townsponies by chance?
    I guess Luka would be, and maybe Elestre too, not so sure about Finder and DEB's character isn't one, but is talking to Elestre
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

You know, I think I need to find some way to fit Blades into this setting. Transcribing accents is fun.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

9. - Top - End - #39
    Firbolg in the Playground

Finder's going to be slinking out very shortly. Everypony knows you just run from alicorns.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

10. - Top - End - #40

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Finder's going to be slinking out very shortly. Everypony knows you just run from alicorns.
    Luka doesn't, he's been kind of literally been living under a rock and doesn't know about alicorns/the enclave/Red Eye/some others, he just knows a bit about Steel Rangers because of Lamia, but more than that, not much.

*reads Benson's post*
    ...Wait, now banned from the town? .... It could be reversed, couldn't it?
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-10-18 at 08:13 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

LilPip, the main character of Fallout: Equestria, got banned from New Appleloosa for pretty much the same thing. New Appleloosa was quite pissed off about her attacking Old Appleloosa, due to the problems it was cause them with Red Eye. Not only did y'all do the same thing, but now there is an angry alicorn threatening death and destruction.

I'd say they've got good reason to ban you, and probably worse. Getting unbanned is... unlikely.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Luka doesn't, he's been kind of literally been living under a rock and doesn't know about alicorns/the enclave/Red Eye/some others, he just knows a bit about Steel Rangers because of Lamia, but more than that, not much.

*reads Benson's post*
    ...Wait, now banned from the town? .... It could be reversed, couldn't it?
    LilPip, the main character of Fallout: Equestria, got banned from New Appleloosa for pretty much the same thing. New Appleloosa was quite pissed off about her attacking Old Appleloosa, due to the problems it was cause them with Red Eye. Not only did y'all do the same thing, but now there is an angry alicorn threatening death and destruction.

I'd say they've got good reason to ban you, and probably worse. Getting unbanned is... unlikely.

Exactly.

However, like with Little Pip, you lot may still be able to trade with Ditzy outside the towngates. I'll bring that up later.

So yea, banishment from town is the right response, since ya'll did pretty much the same thing...except not free any slaves. Err.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Random thought: If somepony like Anoma was able to sit Fleetwing down and explain Unity in a diplomatic sense, I'm finding it hard to imagine scenarios where he'd say no. No more fear, no more running, just eternal safety and security. It's pretty much everything he's ever wanted.

The tricky part would be getting him to stop wetting himself in stark-raving terror and actually listen up.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-10-18 at 08:28 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

14. - Top - End - #44

Unity needs better PR =I

The problem is that when they play nice they usually get shot. So the Goddess usually just sticks to taking ponies by force whether they like it or not.

To be fair, look at what the Goddess and Red Eye want. What happens if they win?

If Red Eye were to win then within a few generations at most Equestria's infrastructure would be rebuilt. The Everfree would be leveled meaning that there's now soil and water that is radiation free to build anew on. Equestria would have a very real chance of recovering. Red Eye and his pegasus and unicorn counterpart now control the sun, moon, and weather. Equestria can return to its old ways.

If the Goddess were to win then everypony would become part of Unity. Radiation and Taint would no longer be a problem and ponykind would be among the nastiest critters in the Wasteland. Few would dare mess with them. With her mission accomplished the Goddess could slacken her control on her children so they can live more or less as normal (for alicorns) ponies and begin to rebuild. Because all ponies are of Unity conflict between ponies would basically be non-existent.

Both sound like pretty good end-goals, right?

The only problems is that both Red Eye and the Goddess are doing terrible things to accomplish them.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-10-18 at 08:59 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

15. - Top - End - #45

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Exactly.

However, like with Little Pip, you lot may still be able to trade with Ditzy outside the towngates. I'll bring that up later.

So yea, banishment from town is the right response, since ya'll did pretty much the same thing...except not free any slaves. Err.
    ... And that is why it sucks... Because he didn't get any win from it (even lost his 10mm pistol) and is kind of not worth getting banned .... Fraking Lamia

(Just kidding, in case you though I was dissapproving)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Unity needs better PR =I

The problem is that when they play nice they usually get shot. So the Goddess usually just sticks to taking ponies by force whether they like it or not.

To be fair, look at what the Goddess and Red Eye want. What happens if they win?

If Red Eye were to win then within a few generations at most Equestria's infrastructure would be rebuilt. The Everfree would be leveled meaning that there's now soil and water that is radiation free to build anew on. Equestria would have a very real chance of recovering. Red Eye and his pegasus and unicorn counterpart now control the sun, moon, and weather. Equestria can return to its old ways.

If the Goddess were to win then everypony would become part of Unity. Radiation and Taint would no longer be a problem and ponykind would be among the nastiest critters in the Wasteland. Few would dare mess with them. With her mission accomplished the Goddess could slacken her control on her children so they can live more or less as normal (for alicorns) ponies and begin to rebuild. Because all ponies are of Unity conflict between ponies would basically be non-existent.

The only problems is that both Red Eye and the Goddess are doing terrible things to accomplish them.
    Well.... That just puts them into an "Utopia justifies the means" spot.... Which is still pretty much villainous

Though I wonder if Red Eye would know that Luka's technically "a foal" too, I mean... He does all that so "their children lived somewhere better" right? But I guess he doesn't count

Also
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alicorns can't reproduce yet since they're all female and unifying all ponykind would lead to extintion, and when Littlepip tells the goddess about it, she doesn't care, she still would control what's left of it.
    Even the Master is driven to suicide when he's told that, and as far I know, he had similar goals
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-10-18 at 09:40 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Huh. Well, it's ultimately a noble goal. The problem is that those trying to carry it out are a complete monster and... Well, whatever the Goddess is, it's clear that she's not exactly a nice type.

Of course, some of my characters have kind of nasty world domination schemes too, so I can't judge them too harshly, but at least they don't back it up by, say, strapping foals to themselves.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

One of the Goddess' prime goals is discovering the secret to male alicorns.

So Unification wouldn't be damnation, as she would intend to have solved that issue before it was too far gone.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Unity needs better PR =I

EDIT: A lot of this is kinda spoilery, so I should probably spoiler it.

Spoiler
    Show
    To be fair though, those are sort of best-case scenarios.

Red Eye's victory might create a new Equestria, mostly built upon the ruins of the Everfree, but then you would have the rest of the place still a radioactive ruin, and unless I'm grotesquely underestimating the size of the Everfree forest there is no possible way that the farmland there could feed everypony and their descendants, especially if factories and such are built over the Everfree as well.

Further, even if he somehow managed to rebuild, retaking control of the skies would absolutely force the Enclave to act, and if the events of Chapter 43 are any indication, I have my doubts as to whether or not Red Eye's tiny, fledgling industrial empire could actually stand against them; Even after all of the damage done to the Enclave's war effort by the main characters, as well as Lion+Mouse destroying a Raptor and broadcasting the Canterlot Death-Static over the Enclave Comms, a relatively small fraction of the Enclave's military STILL effectively wiped the forest floor with Red Eye's Fortress at Stable 101. The only thing that even really gave them pause was the Cyborg Dragon, and they killed that with only minor losses. Alicorns were a threat, but a relatively minor one, and even Red Eye as a new God likely would not be able to defeat the full force of the Enclave without the aid of other Wasteland factions.

Even if he somehow did win, it would quite likely be a Pyrrhic victory.

And that's ignoring the potential that he just goes mad with power and continues his methods even when they're no longer necessary.

As for the Goddess, even that scenario is most certainly an Esoteric happy ending, given that Free Will and independent thought have still been largely abolished. I could actually buy the Goddess winning against the Enclave, since the number of Alicorns would easily outnumber Enclave Pegasi by a drastic margin, and even individually they have a distinct magical and physical advantage.

Still, this doesn't account for all those living things in the Wasteland that are most certainly not Ponies, and thus cannot be properly added to Unity. Ghouls also get a raw deal, since, if we're allowed to use normal Fallout info in the absence of data from the fic, they cannot be converted.

Also, I somehow doubt that the Goddess would come up with the idea to use Killing Joke on her Alicorns to change their gender.

Note that this is a few minutes of just letting ideas fall out (see what I did there?) and thus much of it may be complete bunk.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2012-10-18 at 10:01 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

... And that is why it sucks... Because he didn't get any win from it (even lost his 10mm pistol) and is kind of not worth getting banned .... Fraking Lamia

(Just kidding, in case you though I was dissapproving)

Well.... That just puts them into an "Utopia justifies the means" spot.... Which is still pretty much villainous

Though I wonder if Red Eye would know that Luka's technically "a foal" too, I mean... He does all that so "their children lived somewhere better" right? But I guess he doesn't count

Also
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alicorns can't reproduce yet since they're all female and unifying all ponykind would lead to extintion, and when Littlepip tells the goddess about it, she doesn't care, she still would control what's left of it.
    Even the Master is driven to suicide when he's told that, and as far I know, he had similar goals

Actually, if y'all had won in Old Appleloosa and freed the slaves, you would have still been banned from New Appleloosa, since you wiped out one of their major trade partners and protectors, and brought Red Eye's wrath in their direction.

And if Luka is technically a foal, he shouldn't get in too much trouble if/when Red Eye discovers this.

Oh, and as for the spoiler box thing... Uh... There are some solutions to that. Best not to get into that right now, though.

20. - Top - End - #50

Actually, if y'all had won in Old Appleloosa and freed the slaves, you would have still been banned from New Appleloosa, since you wiped out one of their major trade partners and protectors, and brought Red Eye's wrath in their direction.
    But at least rescued slaves and stopped slavers! completely worth getting banned!... I think. That's kind of what I meant

And if Luka is technically a foal, he shouldn't get in too much trouble if/when Red Eye discovers this.
    Oh, he's 14, so I think he's a colt, and colts are technically foals, aren't they?
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-10-18 at 09:59 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Utopia justifies the means is a completely understandable measure in my opinion (Especially when you consider the circumstances of post apocolyptic wasteland). Heck, I felt more sympathy to Red Eye and the Goddess then Lilpip considering all she did was roam around shooting things to death and being a careless bomb of destruction for anything too important. Atleast Red Eye tried to build something instead of loot or shoot every problem.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

22. - Top - End - #52

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Utopia justifies the means is a completely understandable measure in my opinion (Especially when you consider the circumstances of post apocolyptic wasteland). Heck, I felt more sympathy to Red Eye and the Goddess then Lilpip considering all she did was roam around shooting things to death and being a careless bomb of destruction for anything too important. Atleast Red Eye tried to build something instead of loot or shoot every problem.
    Eh... Not much for me, means are as important as the ends, they both screw things up there, and their "building" destroys other things
    Heh, Lilpip pwning problems would make me just like her more, more action and baddies getting pwned ....
    Or like the conversation with Boone:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Boone: We're coming up on Nelson. I'm going to kill every Legion in there if that's not a problem.
    Courier: That's not a problem. That's a solution.
    Boone: Right it is. That's what we are. A couple of problem solvers.

Though I find it better when they do Mook Face turns too

To me, it seemsto me kind of Red Eye is kind of like Ashur, and I'm not really fond of "End/Utopia Justifies the means" characters.
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-10-18 at 10:32 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Littlepip sort of gets a break on this because her Goal WASN'T to (re)build anything. Once she'd learned enough about the wasteland to really even establish a goal, it was more along the lines of

Spoiler
    Show
    Igniting hope in Ponies to help bring out their virtues, neutralize the groups that overall were mainly spreading misery, bring hope to the Wasteland by breaking the cloud barrier and letting the Sun shine again, and finally using Gardens of Equestria to eradicate the wasteland entirely in favor of a revitalized world.

EDIT: Red Eye is about as close to Ashur as the setting comes, with just a dash of President Eden. Ironically the actual Enclave is a little like Fallout 2's version, but without being totally genocidal.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2012-10-18 at 10:46 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Littlepip sort of gets a break on this because her Goal WASN'T to (re)build anything. Once she'd learned enough about the wasteland to really even establish a goal, it was more along the lines of

Spoiler
    Show
    Igniting hope in Ponies to help bring out their virtues, neutralize the groups that overall were mainly spreading misery, bring hope to the Wasteland by breaking the cloud barrier and letting the Sun shine again, and finally using Gardens of Equestria to eradicate the wasteland entirely in favor of a revitalized world.

Spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show

And how many pegasi died when the cloud barrier broke, either from the resulting civil war, or from the starvation brought about by their crop "fields" being vastly reduced?

LilPip ain't a saint...

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show

And how many pegasi died when the cloud barrier broke, either from the resulting civil war, or from the starvation brought about by their crop "fields" being vastly reduced?

LilPip ain't a saint...
    Spoiler
    Show

A lot less than would have died if the Wasteland continued to exist forever, that's for sure.

She may not be a Saint, but she's hardly on the same level as Red Eye or the Goddess. The simple fact is that there was no ending to this story that wouldn't involve immense pain. She merely chose the one with the best end result. I suppose she had something of an unfair advantage, though, given that Red Eye didn't know about GoE and the Goddess didn't care.

As a side note, the Pegasus population was actually fairly small. In fact, if Project Horizons is to be trusted, Thunderhead was actually producing a SURPLUS of fresh food, at least enough to trade for scrap, gems, and other supplies that they couldn't manufacture.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2012-10-18 at 10:55 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

A lot less than would have died if the Wasteland continued to exist forever, that's for sure.

She may not be a Saint, but she's hardly on the same level as Red Eye or the Goddess. The simple fact is that there was no ending to this story that wouldn't involve immense pain. She merely chose the one with the best end result. I suppose she had something of an unfair advantage, though, given that Red Eye didn't know about GoE and the Goddess didn't care.

As a side note, the Pegasus population was actually fairly small. In fact, if Project Horizons is to be trusted, Thunderhead was actually producing a SURPLUS of fresh food, at least enough to trade for scrap, gems, and other supplies that they couldn't manufacture.
    Spoiler
    Show

Oh, I'm not saying she shouldn't have done it. It was certainly the lesser evil. But it was still one of those "break eggs to make an omelet" sorta situations.

Also, the impression I got from FO:E was that the Enclave was really stretched for materials and food. Pretty sure Calamity mentioned there being a limit on family size and stuff.

Haven't read Project Horizons, though. And I never will.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

...Uh, this doesn't look like a few short actions split over multiple posts any more.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Combat is over. The two are allowed to have a one on one scene together.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Bright Eyes ran all the way up a hill, which would take a bit, and is dealing with hostages. Like Benson said, combat is over, and it's just one-on-one between Lucky and Gwendolyn now. Their conversation and stuff could easily take place in the time it takes Bright Eyes to act. It we did the whole "one post per turn" thing right now, it would take us a lot of turns and several days to get through all this.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

As the Brain-Damaged One and Featherduster are busy cuddling a bloody bandit and each other, the hostage-bit can be handled separately simply enough.

I am taking your pace. Have no fear.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit