New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [FO:E] Fallout Equestria OOC 2: Ante-Up My Little Ponies

Well Finder's likely going to just take the opportunity of stunned slavers to go into his focus spell and start firing, so... for the greater good?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Oi...

Yeah. Night Jewel has preeeeetty much killed herself at this point. Telekinetic Rend can be stopped. It takes a few moments for it to do its thing. But it needs to be interrupted. EG, somepony needs to break Blackheart's focus. And if everypony starts attacking Blackheart this is going to turn into a complete bloodbath.

Srs. Throwing a knife at the alicorn was a really really bad plan. My suggestion is to just take the PC death on the chin. Because this sort of thing is going to happen every now and again.
    Wow Wow Wow
    ....Wow
    I know it fits with the setting and that, but just plain going "take the PC death on the chin" ain't exactly what should be done about it, ever.
    It's Purity's character, he pretty much decides it's range.... Though yeah, throwing a knife like that wasn't exactly a good plan, BUT ELEYEW HAD TO WARN HER!!

Now, what would be the chances of Luka pulling out his pistol and shooting her horn off with S.A.T.S.?
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-10-20 at 06:08 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Let's just do this the easy way and be blunt:

Violence should probably stop while the alicorns are nearby, for now.
    Violence begets violence.

Alicorns are really good at violence.

Blackheart is making that point as clear as it can be possibly made right now.

They and the Goddess are very likely the single most powerful things in the Wasteland, but they're held back by their arrogance in that fact.
    Generally, what that means, is to follow Twilight's advice: Be Smart.

Look at the action you're about to take, consider the consequences.
    What happens if it succeeds? What happens if it fails?
    Is the risk of what happens upon failure worth it?
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

4. - Top - End - #124

PC die in RP games. It happens. Due to the usual lack of GMs (which this RP doesn't have) PC death is often times rather rare. That is a bit less true here for obvious reasons. Despite our subtle (and not so subtle) hints PCs still do things that are likely to put their lives at extreme risk.

Night Jewel could have avoided potential death by:

1) Not throwing the dumb knife.

or

2) Take a grazing hit from the counter-attack and slump over. Probably would have been enough to get the Goddess off her case.

Instead she chose to continue mouthing off with her silly accent. Editing the knife-throw post to include OOC knowledge did not help her case. The alicorn wasn't an illusion after all, but that was still really bad form.

What I mean by 'take the PC death on the chin' is simply let it happen because the alternatives are quite a bit worse. Night Jewel can die. Or the party can try fighting back against a Named Alicorn, at least six armed slavers, and possibly the guards from New Appleloosa if they want to make darn sure that the Goddess and Red Eye don't hold this snafu against them. All with absolutely no cover to protect themselves whilst flanked already.

This is me waving my arms around and saying 'Think about what you do before you do it!' because there are consequences for you choices.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

I object to your heavy-handed character murdering. You put me in a situation with pretty much no hope, and now you expect me to just roll over and accept it?

Maybe the alicorn could have tried to be reasonable. The illusion didn't vanish unless she got hit, so for all she knew, Night Jewel attempted to humiliate her with a hairbrush. This is kind of ridiculous. In any case, you shouldn't jump straight to "kill off an important PC".

I'm through with this entire setting, I think, unless you decide to be merciful. I am literally shaking with rage as I type this.
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2012-10-20 at 06:27 PM.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

6. - Top - End - #126

Alright for the group currently about to go to their slavey doom, I have two plans:

Use a distraction before being collared to shoot up the train.

or less suicidy: Bad guys love leaving prisoners alone at some point, usually after torturing or beating the main character, or their current sensai so- "I don't like this"- silence you... we have two ponies with science tagged. Bomb collars... science... you know
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Okay, the alicorn has been reasonable a few times now, for something in her position.

This event is a summation of choices.
    The choice to attack Old Appleoosa, the failure to back away when things were clearly really wrong, Ebon's dealing and breaking and Enervating, violence in New Appleoosa.

I tried to offer a hint earlier. Getting captured would have been a fairly straight forward option.
    Get put on a train with slavers, beat the crap out of them once Blackheart moves on, save some people this time, be better heroes.

When a proper villain threatens you, they follow through.
    Blackheart has been offering plenty of opportunities and threats, with little substance to them.

Welcome to the substance.

Positive Edit: Cerberus there has the right idea. Kudos. Planning is a good thing.
    Last edited by Chaotic Bob; 2012-10-20 at 06:49 PM.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

8. - Top - End - #128

Just take a deep breath and relax. This is a game.

I didn't put you guys into this situation. I did, however, spend quite a bit of time discussing events with the other GMs trying to avoid it at all costs. Allow me to summarize.

1) The PCs decided to head down to Old Appleloosa and attack it unprovoked.

2) When the plan went pear-shaped everypony decided to stick it out and keep fighting instead of running away.

3) A deal was cut with the Goddess to allow all the PCs to survive.

4) Deal with the Goddess was broken.

5) PCs decided to confront Blackheart instead of fleeing New Appleloosa. The town would have been bucked, but you would have lived.

6) Night Jewel decides to attack Blackheart.

7) Night Jewel dodges the counter-attack instead of taking a hit.

And that leads us to where we are now. All along the way we've been dropping subtle and not so subtle hints that have been ignored for the most part.

Of course that's all irreverent since Night Jewel just made like The Flash and zoomed away. That's certainly one way to break a TK spell. I think I should point out here that there are no 'Important PCs'. Everypony in this game is just as important and just as vulnerable to the results of messing up.

EDIT OF DOOM!

Going with the Slavers and removing the collars is a much better plan. Break out and jump the train. It's a pretty long trip to Fillydelphia and escaping is very much a possibility. Blackheart wouldn't be along for the ride so you would only have the slavers to deal with.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-10-20 at 06:51 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

Let's see... For counterpoints...

Spoiler
    Show
    1: It was intended to simply free slaves, which is an ultimately good action, and Night Jewel only fought when she needed to.

2: Unlike the others, Night Jewel actually was fleeing.

3 & 4: Completely beyond my control.

5: She actually was trying to sneak out. It just got misinterpreted as surrendering.

6: It would have worked had it not been for Eleyew being a terrible judge of character, and if it were thwarted, it shouldn't look like an outright attack.

7: It sounded like the reflected knife would be deadly. I had my character's survival at heart there.

Basically, there were a bunch of misunderstandings and hasty assumptions that led us down the wrong path. It wasn't malicious. It was just mistakes. We may be able to work things out.

Still, character killing is not to be taken lightly, and if I'm to part with any of my characters, it should be on my terms, not yours. Got it?
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2012-10-20 at 07:13 PM.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

10. - Top - End - #130

EDIT OF DOOM!

Going with the Slavers and removing the collars is a much better plan. Break out and jump the train. It's a pretty long trip to Fillydelphia and escaping is very much a possibility. Blackheart wouldn't be along for the ride so you would only have the slavers to deal with.
    I was actually starting to plan about doing something like this too , kinda leaves Red Eye's reaction to a colt being one of the main planners of the OA attack still floating..... But could make it more interesting if they do meet later on

Also.... About "Important PCs", they are called mains, they're the characters players put more effort into, and I think those would be a bit more delicate to treat about, wouldn't they?

....Oh, she just escaped. Well, I do agree that there were some subtle hints on how to proceed through and warnings, and that some were just ignored, but.... Well; just trying to be nice and not be blunt anyways.

So he's not pulling out a gun then, I guess Luka's could...Eh, stand still
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-10-20 at 07:33 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #131

This game has GMs. It isn't a typical FFRP where everyone is their own little GM for their own character. At least not to the usual extent. This has been made abundantly clear multiple times in the OOC. We're building scenarios for you guys and when push comes to shove we have to make some hard choices about how things are going to go down.

I don't like PCs getting into situations where there's no reasonable way to avoid being killed. That's why I openly comment on character's plans when they're posted here in the OOC. Had you run any of NJ's plans past me I would have told you what the likely outcomes would be and why they were bad ideas.

This is a VERY useful resource if you don't want you ponies to get imploded by alicorn TK. I would suggest you take better advantage of it in the future.

Oh, by the way. Flash (what you're calling acceleration powder) causes some pretty nasty muscular damage when it wears off. All drugs in Fallout Equestria (with the exception of Potions and RadX 'n RadAway) are a double-edged sword.

12. - Top - End - #132

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Alright for the group currently about to go to their slavey doom, I have two plans:

Use a distraction before being collared to shoot up the train.

or less suicidy: Bad guys love leaving prisoners alone at some point, usually after torturing or beating the main character, or their current sensai so- "I don't like this"- silence you... we have two ponies with science tagged. Bomb collars... science... you know
    Thanks so much, Ceberus. Glad we have somebody/pony who plans deeper than I do . Plan Two seems good, and, as it will snap Elestre out of his depressed suicidal mood, maybe he could help. One of his skills is improvised weaponry, which will be useful if the gang breaks out, in addition to his illusionry, which has been his most useful skill so far.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    Thanks so much, Ceberus. Glad we have somebody/pony who plans deeper than I do . Plan Two seems good, and, as it will snap Elestre out of his depressed suicidal mood, maybe he could help. One of his skills is improvised weaponry, which will be useful if the gang breaks out, in addition to his illusionry, which has been his most useful skill so far.
    You know what time it is?

BOMB-COLLAR-NUNCHUCKS TIME!

*gets beaten senseless for having bad ideas*
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

14. - Top - End - #134

Actually, the big danger I think of having Finder be the one to pop the collars is that getting his own off will drain a lot of magic juice. He won't be able to do crazy gunslinger moves for long.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Actually, the big danger I think of having Finder be the one to pop the collars is that getting his own off will drain a lot of magic juice. He won't be able to do crazy gunslinger moves for long.
    Luka could take that position, he's tagged in small arms/guns, also in science
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-10-20 at 07:58 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, by the way. Flash (what you're calling acceleration powder) causes some pretty nasty muscular damage when it wears off. All drugs in Fallout Equestria (with the exception of Potions and RadX 'n RadAway) are a double-edged sword.
    So I guess when she's done running away, she'll be...

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

...a little hoarse.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    So I guess when she's done running away, she'll be...

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

...a little hoarse.
    *Pulls Lamianos out of the pony dimension*
    *Straps a balefire bomb to his back*
    *Pumps him with Hallucinogenic drugs*
    *Chucks him at you, guns ablazing*
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Close Luka, but no cigar. Guess again (Albiet where I got it from was inspired by Meet the Pyro, so you're very close).
    Alright, this took some searching to find. Is it, by any chance, this?

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Alright, this took some searching to find. Is it, by any chance, this?
    DING DING DING DING DING! We have a winner! Slaanesh truly sings through you *Hands over cookie emmanating with chaotic wubs*. Absolutely love that story.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

Here is essentially a simple crummy map of the basic look of Pricklytown, TyChris1 for your use.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    DING DING DING DING DING! We have a winner! Slaanesh truly sings through you *Hands over cookie emmanating with chaotic wubs*. Absolutely love that story.
    Yay!

In other news, I apparently never posted and just previewed it instead. Thus, I had to retype a post. RAEG.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

Cool, a map.

Also, I just got out of a fit of uncontrollable laughter as I started reading what was going down with everyone else's characters. Just reading NJ's reaction to Blackhearts Telekenisis made me choke and vomit on my coke, especially when I look back on Lamia's incident with Blackheart. She's a freaking Ninja.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

So any thoughts on that ninja character? I'm trying to make sure its not stepping on anyone's hooves...err toes.

Essentially, I see them working for a big antagonist/or at least being appointed to work for one, but not being necessarily evil themselves. More like a little jaded on life and has latched onto the next big' schemer of the decade and their so called plans to fix equestria regardless of the means.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

do magical energy beams sound like gunshots?

if yer referring to Fox's gun, Rebonack, it was silenced, there would be a brief barely audible 'wheep wheep' noise.

25. - Top - End - #145

<_<

>_>

Clearly the ghouls must have heard the other ghouls making ghoul noises. Or the MEW on Sprinkles.

*notes that Fox's gun is silenced*

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

I take it battle saddles or equivalent are available as well?

27. - Top - End - #147

There are a number of battle saddles there, yes. Though of course they need to be equipped with weapons.

Not that there's any lack of weapons.

=P

Once everypony has grabbed something I'll move the scene along with the next little fun activity!

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    @DJ Pon3: I'll write a news update once the New Appleloosa situation is resolved, and once Lucky and crew are done fighting/surviving/dying.
    *Cough*

And yes, I totally will go post in Southern Equestria now.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'm trying to resolve the situation with the hostages, Flim and Flam, and Bright Eyes first. Once that's all done, and they set off, Flim and Flam will turn on a radio to help pass the time. Then I'll do the new report.

Waiting for Purity right now, actually...
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

30. - Top - End - #150

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    I'm trying to resolve the situation with the hostages, Flim and Flam, and Bright Eyes first. Once that's all done, and they set off, Flim and Flam will turn on a radio to help pass the time. Then I'll do the new report.

Waiting for Purity right now, actually...
    Luka could put his radio on too, right? I mean, I doubt the slavers could take his pipbuck away, could they? assuming is as hard to take off as in the games.
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-10-22 at 12:49 AM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show