Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Aldhaven Vicious Betrayals - OOC

I just realized that I never checked into the OOC thread! Of course, without significant player interaction in this game, the OOC thread never gets very popular. Even with lots of interaction, players tend to chat in their IC threads instead.
    Homebrewer's extended signature

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

2. - Top - End - #32

I will say, this is definitely fun so far, even if my decision-making blatantly screams that this is my first time in a D&D game that actually lasts. Or being above level 1.

How would IC collaborations work if two PCs started working together? Would they have a single thread between them or would they maintain their original threads?

3. - Top - End - #33

Wish I had scry, then I could spy on the docks at night........

On the other hand, later I MIGHT be willing to enter the docks with a group. MIGHT is the key word. I have some exploring to do first
    homebrew

Interesting Stuff: Spellshapers, Metroid as Incarnum

Bindin's Bag o' Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by BelGareth View Post
    Bindin, this is why I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamshifter View Post
    ...I think my poor Monkadin just went to go get drunk. That's not a natural thing for him to do, at all. Thanks bindin.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bindin garoth View Post
    Wish I had scry, then I could spy on the docks at night........

On the other hand, later I MIGHT be willing to enter the docks with a group. MIGHT is the key word. I have some exploring to do first
    If you need funding in the future, talk to the snow elf in the store in the plaza. She'll help you clean it up, but she's a Merchant, not a Paladin, don't expect her to join you.

Of course given the current way the thread is going, I think I'm about to get in over my head.
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-10-26 at 01:18 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35

Merchant huh.......

Might be able to make an.... agreement with you. I'll probably come visit your store later.

Right now I have some investigating to do!
    homebrew

Bindin's Bag o' Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

...I think my poor Monkadin just went to go get drunk. That's not a natural thing for him to do, at all. Thanks bindin.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aldurin View Post
    I will say, this is definitely fun so far, even if my decision-making blatantly screams that this is my first time in a D&D game that actually lasts. Or being above level 1.

How would IC collaborations work if two PCs started working together? Would they have a single thread between them or would they maintain their original threads?
    They get a team up thread. Exactly how team up threads work varies based on the characters, players, and IC situations. Sometimes it's an ongoing thread that they can come back to from time to time as they will. Sometimes it's a one shot thread for a specific adventure that is then not used again. Sometimes it's something else. Your own private thread is always private to you though.
    If I've helped you out, please check out some my homebrew and post in the threads. Thank you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fivefold Paths of Magic

Rizban's E6 Compendium
    The Kreen of the Desert - Races, classes, feats, and more

Full Homebrew List

Aldhaven: Vicious Betrayals - May 27, 2010 to May 27, 2013.

Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Banned

Merchant huh.......

Might be able to make an.... agreement with you. I'll probably come visit your store later.

Right now I have some investigating to do!
    The store doesn't actually exist yet, but when it does you may find some cosigned magical items from a contact of mine. However please do note that the store is basically a small wal-mart for the time being that is catering to the poor and middle class, in an attempt to raise standards of living.

That being said, you still need to eat, and cooking your own food with ingredients bought from my store will save you a bit of money, and it'll be some good PC to PC roleplaying and keep the money flow in PC hands.

I know I'm not suppose to give away what my build is, but given how often I've quoted Power of Faerun and the business rules, I think you can figure out why I'm useless if someone actually took me on mono-a-mono in a straight fight.

8. - Top - End - #38

Well I'm sure I could find a few things useful there. Besides, there are a few things my PC could probably do to help yours. Once you're established, my PC will probably come looking around for a job anyways.....
    homebrew

Bindin's Bag o' Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Everyone is playing so nice this time around, wanting to open shops, work together, build things. The majority of players last time recruitment was open wanted to find intrigue and danger and to kill things, particularly each other.

Heck, I think my PC has killed as many or more other PCs than all other players combined. It's like, he's just going about his business, then, suddenly, he gets attacked by a PC being run by another GM and has to defend himself.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2012-10-26 at 03:36 PM.
    If I've helped you out, please check out some my homebrew and post in the threads. Thank you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fivefold Paths of Magic

Rizban's E6 Compendium

Full Homebrew List

10. - Top - End - #40
    Banned

Well I'm sure I could find a few things useful there. Besides, there are a few things my PC could probably do to help yours. Once you're established, my PC will probably come looking around for a job anyways.....
    I could use someone to watch me and the store at night or when I'm gone, and if you're a PC with spells or fighting ability, I could use a guard.

However keep in mind I won't be able to pay you a ton at first, mainly let you live at the store and eat my food (she has ranks in cook so don't worry it'll be tasty).

Once my debt is paid off and I negotiate my way into owning the house rather than renting it, expect possibly higher wages. I'll probably pay you a standard small fee, with bonuses whenever something big actually happens, but we'll negotiate the terms in character.

Just saying, level 5/6 merchant =/= ton of money, wait until I'm level 10 and have monopolized the shopping district, then = ton of money.

(I'm level 5 cause I don't own the shop yet, once I own the shop I qualify for a prestige class so I'll level then, in case you're wondering why I'm a level lower).

Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Everyone is playing so nice this time around, wanting to open shops, work together, build things. The majority of players last time recruitment was open wanted to find intrigue and danger and to kill things, particularly each other.

Heck, I think my PC has killed as many or more other PCs than all other players combined. It's like, he's just going about his business, then, suddenly, he gets attacked by a PC being run by another GM and has to defend himself.
    I pray that doesn't happen to me.
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-10-26 at 03:38 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well, so far we've given each other no reason to kill each other. But if you compete for something valuable, or act in a possibly-hostile way when meeting in the sewers, or just happen to wear holy symbols of diametrically oposed deities...

Out of curiosity, what kind of character did you play?
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!

12. - Top - End - #42

Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    I could use someone to watch me and the store at night or when I'm gone, and if you're a PC with spells or fighting ability, I could use a guard.

However keep in mind I won't be able to pay you a ton at first, mainly let you live at the store and eat my food (she has ranks in cook so don't worry it'll be tasty).

Once my debt is paid off and I negotiate my way into owning the house rather than renting it, expect possibly higher wages. I'll probably pay you a standard small fee, with bonuses whenever something big actually happens, but we'll negotiate the terms in character.

Just saying, level 5/6 merchant =/= ton of money, wait until I'm level 10 and have monopolized the shopping district, then = ton of money.

(I'm level 5 cause I don't own the shop yet, once I own the shop I qualify for a prestige class so I'll level then, in case you're wondering why I'm a level lower).
    That actually sounds good. My character would of been wondering, staying in inns as long as the money coming in was good.

I don't know about watching the store, or about being a guard (my PC isn't really into it), although he could help out and watch from time to time. I can't give details off of my sheet, but he could help your business in a few days.

Basically, he'd be willing to do favors every once in a while in turn for having a steady supply of food and shelter. Perhaps more, depending on the wages he'd be getting.

Edit:

I'm curious about this too, what kind of character did you play?

My character simply has no reason to do anything evil for now....... Perhaps later....... Especially if someone infringes in his area of expertise.
    Last edited by bindin garoth; 2012-10-26 at 04:07 PM.
    homebrew

Bindin's Bag o' Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

You know that shop in the Plaza mentioned in the first post? Erbauer's Enchanted Devices and Dynamos? Yeah, that's my PC. He's a merchant, an inventor, and an unparalleled craftsman. He was also a freelance adventurer in his youth.

Absolutely no one knows about it, but he is the only known human to have entered the Docks at night, met with its horrors face to face, and escaped with his life. Well, he and two others escaped, but they've since been killed by the selfsame horrors coming to find them later... He's made lots of powerful enemies and a few even more powerful friends.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fivefold Paths of Magic

Rizban's E6 Compendium

Full Homebrew List

14. - Top - End - #44
    Banned

Hmm, judging from your maps, the south market is largely underdeveloped.

I might want to recruit someone who can build houses and start making rental apartments, and other real estate there once the income starts flowing in.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

In general if any character wants to hire protection something along my lines then my character would be up for it, especially if there is something interesting about the assignment. When it come to other PC's he will play nice but if somebody was to cross him, things will get ugly fast.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

So... it appears we are now future-rivals, Morithias. I may have to step up my game if you keep on intending to infringe on my domain.

Anyways, I'm thinking about building my Tavern in the North Market district, and it's going to be the best damned tavern you've ever seen. Actually, it probably won't be. At least until I'm higher level, and can take the Landlord feat. Who knows, maybe by the time I'm able to take the Landlord feat, you'll qualify as important enough to be the subject of said feat.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Hi all, nice to see you all here. I can't help but wonder if my current Aldhaven activity revolves about some players business.

I do miss Alfonso though. I might take Leadership and have a mad and powerhungry lackey...
    Last edited by Moranica; 2012-10-27 at 04:28 AM.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey I have a quick question, that I'm not sure if it can be answered.

Are Scribble or Little Green still active?

Also I can personally say that Riz's PC can instagib three PC's in a single round. It was incredibly terrifying.

I like how everyone is getting along this time. Friendly atmosphere.
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Indeed, Scribly still lives.

Are you referring to that little dungeon dispute, that went sour for Alfonso the first?
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Well depending on Little Green then.. And what was his name,, Ishmel I think maybe? I think the four of us are some of the only carry overs from the first game.

I don't think I've honestly met Scrible though. Perhaps we should.. Hopefully it would fare better then our last teamup.

And yeah, that was just bad. He literally made all three of your go splat..
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

21. - Top - End - #51

Three in a turn? Some form of AoE nuking? Sudden Maximized Fiery Fireball with CL boosters?
    Find your own priors!

22. - Top - End - #52
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MilesTiden View Post
    So... it appears we are now future-rivals, Morithias. I may have to step up my game if you keep on intending to infringe on my domain.

Anyways, I'm thinking about building my Tavern in the North Market district, and it's going to be the best damned tavern you've ever seen. Actually, it probably won't be. At least until I'm higher level, and can take the Landlord feat. Who knows, maybe by the time I'm able to take the Landlord feat, you'll qualify as important enough to be the subject of said feat.
    I'm sure we can talk about real estate deals.

As for the tavern...actually my next business was going to either be renting houses (if I can find a cohort with the craft (house) skill) or a brewery.

Or maybe a farm that grows food for my market.

Also it might be a good idea to become "Good competition" to each other.

In the DMG2, Good competition gives you -1d6 on profit checks for 2d4 months, but then you add 1d8 to your profit checks permanent.

So if we think long term, being friendly rivals like the rival in Pokemon Emerald could boost our profit checks a fair bit if the rolls roll well.

Edit: also if I do open a tavern, it's going to be young adult club. My elf is only 114, she has 61 years before she is middle aged, and quite frankly, the lack of night clubs in the city annoys her. Clearly there are not enough vampires running around.

hmm I need to get to work on the affiliation
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-10-27 at 01:26 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mrcarter11 View Post
    Also I can personally say that Riz's PC can instagib three PC's in a single round. It was incredibly terrifying.
    You vastly underestimate him.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcarter11 View Post
    Well depending on Little Green then.. And what was his name,, Ishmel I think maybe? I think the four of us are some of the only carry overs from the first game.
    Little Green, Ishmael, Scribly, Isten, Almerax, and Glim

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallenOne View Post
    Three in a turn? Some form of AoE nuking? Sudden Maximized Fiery Fireball with CL boosters?
    Your guess is as good as any...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fivefold Paths of Magic

Rizban's E6 Compendium

Full Homebrew List

24. - Top - End - #54

I'm just going to assume that Rizban's PC is like the Umbrella Corporation, where the only thing that can safely kill him is the economy.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not familiar with the last two at all. The others I know though. I keep thinking of the idea of us uniting, sadly I have no idea how that would go.

And it's not that I underestimate him, but that's all I saw.

"No Shadow, you lie to us!"

Riz's PC get mad

Three PC's are left dead one round later.
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

26. - Top - End - #56
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aldurin View Post
    I'm just going to assume that Rizban's PC is like the Umbrella Corporation, where the only thing that can safely kill him is the economy.
    So basically I'm the only person that can take him down. Yet I'm on good terms with him, so long as I don't start trafficking in magical items.

Irony.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Ahh...Ishmael. He was probably my favorite character -- Don't think anyone really got so deep into Aldhaven as him.
    Total War (Wiki)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Currently playing in:
    Total War Epic Fantasy
    Total War Shards of War
    Total War Broken City

28. - Top - End - #58
    Banned

Does anyone have experience in this campaign? Like what to expect exactly?

Cause I'm starting to get paranoid. I'm in a contract that if I break I get sent into slavery. I've been approached by someone I think was a racketeer, and now I've got a halfling rich enough to blow money on 220 gp wine flirting with me, with possible murdering me if I reject her.

I need a body guard. Or at least a boyfriend to get rid of all the flirtation.

Anyone up for some romance and guard work? I'll pay you!

29. - Top - End - #59

I currently have a task with a chance of survival I peg to be below even. If I get through it I might be available for help. Provided decent compensation of course
    Find your own priors!

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I can do guard work. 3'3", very intimidating stature, nobody would even look funny at you with me around.
    The Triumphant Hero Returns Victorious...