Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 628
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: Something Wicked this way Comes...

    Karazi

    Shaking his head at Taalkar's insane leap for a moment, realizing there isn't much he can do to help him.

    Quickly he focuses on his hand, flames quickly start dancing around in a mesmerizing pattern. Gesturing lightly a segment of the flames flash towards a nearby ladder attempting to catch it on fire.

    Afterwards a quick gravelly comment in Terran keeps Sid from rushing off into the midst of battle..

    Spoiler
    Show

    So many tactical options...and I just go for a weak lil flame attack.
    Playing it safe though :P alot of Orcs to survive after all.

    Produce Flame on the close ladder to the right
    Ranged Touch Atk(1d20+2)[7]
    Damage (1d6+5)[7]

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: Something Wicked this way Comes...

    Kackling like a madman Taalkar caves the skull of the first ork, and slashes open the throat of a second, while the other two close in on him slashing maddly with crude, heavy axes...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Ork3 attacks Taalkar:
    (1d20+6)[10]
    Damage:(1d8+5)[12]

    Ork4 attacks Taalkar:
    (1d20+6)[26]
    Damage:(1d8+5)[11]


    ... Flames leap from Karazi's hands, setting one ladder alight. The weakened wood cracks under the weight of its climbers, and it tumbles to earth, sixty feet below, with all hands...

    Only to be soon replaced by another, and then another...

    Suddenly, thunder rumbles overhead... A blinding light, and a deafening crack...

    ... Back on the wall towards the gate, two soldiers drop dead, as more three more ladders arrise, and the siege towers inch ever closer...

    Spoiler
    Show

    I'm afraid I don't have an updated map for you yet, but you get the picture.

    Take your actions, and I'll have a new map up tomorrow. If you need anything clarified, feel free to ask.

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: Something Wicked this way Comes...

    Karazi

    Quickly moving over to the other side of the Point Tower he takes stock of the situation for a moment before unleashing another blast of flame from his hand at a nearby Orc.

    A short guttural word sends Sid in to another nearby, his great stony mass quickly rushing across the ground to close with a target.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attacking those nearby Orcs on the west side of Point, not sure Sid can actually reach anyone just yet. Trying to keep him within 30ft anyhow so he doesn't lose barkskin.

    Produce Flames vs Orc
    Ranged Touch Attack (1d20+3)[7]
    Damage (1d6+5)[9]

    On the offchance Sid is in range of something due to the Barbs spreading out, I'll add in a combat set for him.


    Attack (Slam)(1d20+9)[25]
    Damage (1d8+8)[11]

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: Something Wicked this way Comes...

    For Taalkar:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ooh, critical confirmation for ork4:
    (1d20+6)[14]
    Damage: (2d8+10)[21]

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: Something Wicked this way Comes...

    Taalkar

    Spoiler
    Show
    Readied Maneuvers: Steel Wind, Claw at the Moon, Mountain Hammer, Iron Heart Surge
    Active Stance: Stonefoot Stance: +2 to Strength Checks, +2 AC vs. Larger Foes


    Taalkar grits his teeth as the heavy axe smashes into his arm, shattering some of the stone rings of his armor and nearly wrenching his own axe from his grip. He looks up from his arm at the orc There'll be none of that on my tower!

    He glances past the orc at the nearby edge of the tower platform, a gleeful twinkle enters his eye as he looks back at the orc. You may have hurt my arm, but my shoulder is just fine. He suddenly springs at the orc, pushing him with powerful legs towards the edge of the platform.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Bull rush attack an orc, towards (and hoefuly over) the edge of the platform. It's fine if I have to take an AOO from the other orc (I will avoid it if I can, though) In fact there is a 25% chance that he hits the orc instead!

    Bull Rush (IMP Bull Rush means Defender gets no AOO)
    Opposed STR check (+4 STR, +2 Stonefoot Stance) (1d20+6)[23]

    From Splendor to Shadow DM:Monodominant
    Tra'vin IC Thread OOC Thread
    Hollow's Last Hope
    Norril Cupsigh IC Thread OOC Thread

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: Something Wicked this way Comes...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Ork3's Bullrush resist:(1d20+5)[12]

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: Something Wicked this way Comes...

    Moving to the western side of the tower Sid charges before Karazi, grabbing up two of the barbarians and smashing their skulls togather as he aims his spell...

    Suddenly the men of the artillery crews behind him shout and scream... A boulder, nearly as large as a wagon hurtles in a yawning arc over the wall, smashing into the top of the tower with devestating force, crushing two of the artillery pieces, before tumbling back of over the lined soldiers as they scramble to escape, and over the far edge, to fall amidst a militia company in the courtyard, decimating their number...

    ... The shower of gravel and the screams cause Karazi to miss judge his target, missing one barbarian, only to set another behind him alight.

    Atop the approaching siege tower, Taalkar smashes into the charging ork, sending him tumbling over the edge to his doom, as the remaining beast smashes at his backplate...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Ork4 AoO attack Taalkar: (1d20+6)[7]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[11]
    Normal Attack: (1d20+6)[18]
    Damage: [roll=]1d8+5[/roll


    Another flash, and a deafening crack of thunder, and 6 more men fall, under the blast of lighting... Trying to clear his head of the noise, Karazi spies one of the Barbarians, a man in a deer-skull mask, gesturing wildly with a stick...

    Spoiler
    Show

    You have one more round before Taalkar's tower reaches the wall and drops its bridge.

    The giant's tough hides are proving to be mostly impervious to the archer's arrows. Something more direct shall be required to deal with them. (They are serving as the hordes catapults.)

    For Karazi, I labeled Sid with an 'F', for Familiar, since 'S' was already taken.

    The Map:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Mr. X; 2012-11-10 at 11:31 AM.

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: Something Wicked this way Comes...

    Karazi

    As the tower shakes momentarily from the boulder smashing into the top of it, he yells a quick order to Sid who quickly smashes at the nearby enemies before following.

    Weaving back over to the other side of the tower he takes cover alongside the huge boulder dropped there a minute ago. Taking stock of the situation Taalkar is in he activates a small stone charm tucked into his belt.

    Stomping with his foot a second later a small shockwave of dust flies along the ground until swirling into a little dust devil, moment later a shrieking hawk comes flashing out into the sky, diving right at the last Orc on Taalkar's tower.

    Spoiler
    Show
    First up is Sid attacking the Barbs. Then he follows Karazi, possibly taking some AOO's Sid's at 20 AC at the moment btw, from barkskin.
    Attack (1d20+9)[23]
    Damage (1d8+8)[10]

    Moving to the right side of that boulder that dropped, using the Chronocharm of the Archmage to allow a stand action cast of spontanous Nature's Ally 3 to Summon a Giant Eagle.

    Finally, the Eagle does a fly-by attack on the backside of last Orc by Taalkar
    before starting to circle around.
    Attack (1d20+9)[10]
    Damage (1d6+4)[5]

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: Something Wicked this way Comes...

    Diving low over the tower, the Eagle's razor talons snap closed, latching onto the scruff of the Ork's neck, and carry him high off the tower to drop him again from the lethal hight.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Eagle's Grapple: (1d20+12)[23]
    Ork's resistance: (1d20+5)[10]
    [/roll]
    Last edited by Mr. X; 2012-11-13 at 03:35 AM.

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: Something Wicked this way Comes...

    Taalkar

    Peering over the edge of the siege tower, Taalkar watches the orc he pushed over the edge fall to the ground. Hit something he mutters at the wildly flailing orc. The orcs arms and legs stop moving rather abruptly as he smashes against the rocky ground. Meanwhile, unseen by Taalkar a dark shape flashes out of the sky and takes the remaining orc with it.

    Damn orc couldn't even fall right he curses turning towards the now empty platform. Taalkar glances around in confusion. Guess I scared em off he shrugs his shoulders and moves towards the opposite end of the tower. Taking a moment to assess the situation he begins hacking at the ropes attached to the towers drawbridge.
    From Splendor to Shadow DM:Monodominant
    Tra'vin IC Thread OOC Thread
    Hollow's Last Hope
    Norril Cupsigh IC Thread OOC Thread

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: Something Wicked this way Comes...

    A few good blows from Taalkar's axe severs the thick ropes, and the siege tower's bridge flops open prematurely...

    Within, a hulking shape crouches, before leaping across the gap with a heavy, awkward gait...

    Greenish gray, mossy skin, with three bulbous heads, and long apish arms, it lands heavily, smashing a ballista to splinters, and catching up a screaming soldier and biting his head off, before hurling the decapitated body into a group starting to rally before it...

    Behind you to the west, the second tower inches closer to the wall. Suddenly a horrid shriek wells up from below, as a well appointed cauldron of boiling oil ends one of the giants pulling it, and some twenty others crowded about their feet...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Troll's Jump check,DC 12: (1d20+10)[14]

    The Map:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Last edited by Mr. X; 2012-11-15 at 09:19 AM.

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: Something Wicked this way Comes...

    Taalkar

    Spoiler
    Show

    HP: 34/45
    Readied Maneuvers: Steel Wind, Claw at the Moon, Mountain Hammer, Iron Heart Surge
    Active Stance: Stonefoot Stance: +2 to Strength Checks, +2 AC vs. Larger Foes


    Setting the axe down and letting the long handle rest on one one shoulder, Taalkar admires his handiwork, but only for a moment as the troll leaps on the battlement.

    Trolls he sighs deeply Why did it have to be trolls? he grips the handle of his axe tightly. He sets his feet, every muscle in his body tensing like a coiled spring. He then springs forward with a mighty yell and swings the long handled axe at the troll.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Using Claw At the Moon maneuver to attack the troll. Requires a jump check with a DC of the targets AC and a melee attack. (I will be using the same check to clear the gap, which looks like a 5' gap so DC 10) If it hits and the jump check succeeds than it does +2d6 damage and gets a +4 to crit confirms for the attack, otherwise melee attack is as normal.

    Jump Check (DC10 to clear 5' gap, DC of Trolls AC for +2d6 damage): (1d20+12)[29]
    ToHit: (1d20+10)[24]
    Damage: Melee (1d12+6)[17]
    Maneuver (2d6)[7]

    Also, I have an AC 25 vs giants (+2 for stance, +4 for Dwarf-ness)
    From Splendor to Shadow DM:Monodominant
    Tra'vin IC Thread OOC Thread
    Hollow's Last Hope
    Norril Cupsigh IC Thread OOC Thread

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: Something Wicked this way Comes...

    Karazi

    Flinching back a little from the massive troll's appearance on the wall, he quickly regains composure and starts barking out orders. Sid charges at the troll moments after he sees Taalkar jump at him.

    Directing the Eagle to start plucking off folks from the other siege tower while he takes a few steps over to a couple nearby archers. Digging a few flasks of alchemist fire out he hands them over "Try to catch that tower on fire before it gets here !"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Sid's Attack(Charge) (1d20+11)[12]
    Sid's Damage (1d8+8)[16]

    Eagles Attack (Flyby Grapple) (1d20+7)[24]
    Grapple (1d20+12)[13]

    Karazi himself is handing out 4 alch fires to the nearby archers/crew to try and burn that damned tower. Running out of ideas >_<

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Post Re: Something Wicked this way Comes...

    Sid charges forward a little too hastily. As the troll swings around its overlong arm, it backhands the elemental with such force that he goes tumbling over the battlement to fall like a ton of bricks to the earth below...

    In the next moment, Taalkar is there. Leaping back in a flying arc, and smashing into the troll's back, his longaxe burying itself deep in its shoulder...

    There's a flurry of feathers and shafts, as a series of arrows smash into the troll as the nearby archers turn on it, bothering the beast for a moment before Taalkar wrenches his axe free, and with a hideous growl, the troll turns directly towards him... The grevious wound he dealt already beginning to knit itself closed...

    Atop the other tower, the eagle dives and snaps its talons at the skull helmed barbarian, raking his arm, but failing to get ahold of him as he squirms away. A moment later, there is a blinding flash and a deafening crack of thunder, and as your vision clears, you can see the avian plummeting listless from the sky...

    Karazi's flasks of Alchemist's Fire are well spent, however, as flames burst in several places around the tower and lick up its hights...

    Far below, Sid's great weight crushes three barbarians to jelly before he disappears into the stone of the ground.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Wow Dice, some rough rolls.
    The eagle takes damage (electrical):(3d10)[10]

    The Troll regenerates 5 damage. (Fire or Acid attacks will not regenerate.)

    For Karazi:
    Sid uses Earth Glide as he impacts the ground, and so takes no damage. It will take him all of next round to return to the top of the wall, unless you give him orders to do something else.
    Last edited by Mr. X; 2012-11-17 at 12:47 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: Something Wicked this way Comes...

    Karazi

    Heart stopping for a moment as Sid plunges over the edge, moments later Relaxing somewhat as he gets the imagery of him squishing some barbarians and heading back up.

    The giant eagle plummets for a few seconds before recovering and circling back around to try once more.

    Seeing Taalkar's massive cleave into the troll leaves him grinning wildly though, eager to get into it himself he throws another stream of fire right at him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sid heads back, I'm guessing that fall took him out of range so his Barkskin wore off :(

    10's pretty shy of killing the eagle, so he'll return to trying to take out the guys on that tower. he's on round 3/5 now.
    Attack (1d20+7)[18]
    Damage (1d6+4)[10]
    Grapple (1d20+12)[14]

    Produce flames had slightly less than 3m remaining. using another minute of it.
    Ranged Touch Attack (1d20+2)[3]
    Damage (1d6+5)[9]

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: Something Wicked this way Comes...

    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 34/45
    Readied Maneuvers: Steel Wind, Claw at the Moon, Mountain Hammer, Iron Heart Surge
    Active Stance: Stonefoot Stance: +2 to Strength Checks, +2 AC vs. Larger Foes


    Taalkar

    Taalkar falls to the ground as he pulls his axe free, rolling back to his feet in a defensive posture. His watches the putrid skin of the troll begin to knit back together.

    Finally he says with an exuberant smile something I can hit more than once.

    He falls back on one foot and neatly pivots, swinging the axe in a sweeping circle. He yanks the back half of the haft with two hands into an overhead chop. The long wooden haft quivers with momentum as the blade slices through the air at the troll.

    Spoiler
    Show
    5' step away from the troll. Attacking with Mountain Hammer manuever (+2d6 damage and ignores DR) and Power attack 3 (weapon now has reach).

    ToHit:(1d20+7)[12]
    Damage:(1d12+9)[20]
    Manuever:(2d6)[2]
    From Splendor to Shadow DM:Monodominant
    Tra'vin IC Thread OOC Thread
    Hollow's Last Hope
    Norril Cupsigh IC Thread OOC Thread

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: Something Wicked this way Comes...

    The troll bellows at Taalkar, slashing it's massive claws at him again and again...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Troll Full Attack:
    Vs. Taalkar:
    1st Claw
    (1d20+9)[21]
    Damage:(1d6+6)[10]
    2nd Claw
    (1d20+9)[22]
    Damage:(1d6+6)[8]

    If both attacks hit, then Rend damage: (2d6+9)[15]



    ... But Taalkar manages to stay just mere inches ahead of the beast as its titanic blows crack the stone battlements rather than his bones. His frantic efforts to avoid the beast, however, put him between Karazi and the Troll just as the flames leap from his brother's fingers, searing over his armor, and nearly cooking him inside it.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Taalkar, due to Karazi's botch, take the fire damage from his spell...

    ... Also, your beard catches fire, and will deal you an additional 1d2 fire damage each round untill you put it out(or cut it off), starting next round.

    Edit/: Ack, I forgot you're the beardless wonder... Its a shame. I've never gotten to burn the beard off a dwarf, and I guess I won't get to today either :-P
    Last edited by Mr. X; 2012-11-18 at 10:54 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: Something Wicked this way Comes...

    Karazi

    Grimacing at scorching the hell out of Taalkar he just shrugs a bit afterwards with a quick "Oops..you really gotta watch for that fire!". As he snaps off another burns of flame at the troll, hoping for the best.

    Sid finally reappears, flowing up from the stone battlement right into another charge at the troll. all the more determined to squish him this time. In the distance the eagle circles around for yet another run at the tower.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Sid 22/30hp 18 AC now (lost barkskin), Charging the Troll once again.
    Attack (1d20+11)[23]
    Damage (1d20+8)[12]

    Eagle round 4/5 still harrassing tower.
    Attack (1d20+7)[16]
    Damage (1d6+4)[8]
    Grapple (1d20+12)[16]

    Karazi's Produce flame
    Ranged Touch (1d20+2)[16]
    Damage (1d6+5)[6]

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: Something Wicked this way Comes...

    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 34/45
    Readied Maneuvers: Steel Wind,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Claw at the Moon
    ,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mountain Hammer
    , Iron Heart Surge
    Active Stance: Stonefoot Stance: +2 to Strength Checks, +2 AC vs. Larger Foes


    Taalkar

    Taalkar nimbly dances around the trolls savage blows. The grace of his movements are iin sharp contrast to his low squat form and heavy headed axe. One heavy, putrid limb crashes into the stone floor directly in Taalkar's path. Undeterred by such an obstacle, the dwarf lays the broad head of the axe on the ground and uses the long handle to vault into the air. He twists into a head first tumble pulling the axe in a spinning arc over his head. He quickly pulls his body out of the airborne roll, landing firmly on two feet. The axe however, continues its momentum which is expertly turned into a powerful, if a bit showy, overhead two hand attack.

    Spoiler
    Show
    This is actually a straight attack with a bit of panash. I need the flourishy bit to regain my maneuvers.

    ToHit:(1d20+10)[23]
    Damage:(1d12+6)[15]

    From Splendor to Shadow DM:Monodominant
    Tra'vin IC Thread OOC Thread
    Hollow's Last Hope
    Norril Cupsigh IC Thread OOC Thread

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: Something Wicked this way Comes...

    (1d20+9)[10]
    (1d8+6)[13]

    (1d20+4)[13]
    (1d6+3)[9]

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: Something Wicked this way Comes...

    The troll lashes madly as Taalkar dances about it, one great arm slamming into the earth just as the dwarf brings down his axe in such a forceful blow that it severs the limb clean off the creature...

    The beast roars in agony, even as Karazi's flames seer up its body and cauterize the wound... But in his moment of victory Taalkar eases too soon, as the troll shakes himself, catching up its fallen limb, and smashing in into the dwarf's chest with such force that it sends him flying back, crashing into the parapets of Point Tower, and collapsing in a heap... A moment later, Sid erupts from the stone battlement. Flying upwards his earthen fist connects under the troll's jaw in a crushing upper cut that sends the beast sprawling over the battlement and back to earth, crushing one ladder and all those on or beneath it...

    Within the tower, Barbarians are beginning to reach the wall, leaping over the gap to join in the fray... Many fail to make the jump, and fall to their deaths below, but just as many succeed and pile onto the defenders, as more and more stream up the ladders...

    The wall's defenders are beginning to stuggle to stem the tide...

    Atop the approaching siege tower, Karazi's great eagle swoops and dives, sending one barbarian falling to his death, and catching up the skull-masked man... Suddenly, though, vines and roots erupt from the man's person, twisting about and binding the man to the bird as the pair hurtles through the air over the teaming masses far below...


    Spoiler
    Show

    I sort of screwed up my roll postings here, so that's why there's the extra post.
    (Troll gets 3 attacks with a full attack, but I only rolled two above.)
    His Limb was lost from the botched roll above, this is his final attack, to hit Taalkar with the severed member...

    Attack:
    (1d20+9)[27]
    Damage:
    (1d8+6)[13]

    Druid casts Plant Growth, and [Rapid] Entangle.

    Edit/: Gack! Karazi, you've far too many minions! I keep forgetting to include them. Edited above.
    Last edited by Mr. X; 2012-11-22 at 01:53 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: Something Wicked this way Comes...

    Karazi

    Seeing how rough his brother is looking he pulls out a wand from his sack before quickly snaping a spell off at Taalkar. Meanwhile Sid attempts to keep the oncoming barbarians off of him in the meantime.

    Struggling with this horned barbarian the eagle tries to wriggle the plant-man free only to realize the futility and just starts to fly as high and far as he can manage with this dead weight clinging to him.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Wand of lesser Vigor on Taalkar, give him a little juice.
    Sid'll attack whatever looks nearby and dangerous to Karazi.
    Attack (1d20+9)[18]
    Damage (1d8+8)[11]

    And I'm a little unsure on how this is functioning, you make it sound like the eagle is still flying though...entangled the way he is I'd have thought he'd be dropping like a rock. So I'll just have him fly the guy up and away, This is his last round and he's unsummoned...hopefully that horny bastard'll drop to his death :P But I'm guessing he wont be..heh

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: Something Wicked this way Comes...

    The troll out of the picture, things are looking up for the defenders. The broken bridge has severely slowed the progress of attackers coming over the wall from the Eastern Siege Tower, and the fires on the Western Siege Tower are getting sufficiently out of hand that the barbarians are begining to abandon it, and as the spiritual energy of the eagle disipates, the horned man is cast to his doom amidst the swarming masses below.

    Even as the fighting leans against the defenders upon the wall, reinforcements are approaching from East Tower, and across the East bridge, and things should be well in hand soon...

    ... Another volley of boulders sails overhead from the catapults upon the inner curtain, and as Karazi surveys the situation, he catches sight of a large group of giants charging towards the Gate, an crude ram of immense stature slung between them...
    Last edited by Mr. X; 2012-11-25 at 02:20 AM.

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: Something Wicked this way Comes...

    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 22/45 (Vigor Healed 1, 14 rounds remaining)
    Readied Maneuvers: Steel Wind, Claw at the Moon, Mountain Hammer, Iron Heart Surge
    Active Stance: Stonefoot Stance: +2 to Strength Checks, +2 AC vs. Larger Foes


    Taalkar picks himself up and gets to his feet with what he hopes is a only a slight wobble. Warmth begins to fill his aching joints as his brother casts a spell. He picks up his axe and looks around to assess the situation.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If I read the narrative correctly, barbarians should be jumping into range from the siege tower. If they are I will strike at them, else I will head into combat.

    ToHit (If I can attack something): (1d20+10)[11]
    Damage: (1d12+6)[12]

    If there are two in range I will use Steel Wind to hit a second
    ToHit: (1d20+10)[15]
    Damage: (1d12+6)[11]

    Sorry for ambiguity, I am still trying to sort out the battle here.

    From Splendor to Shadow DM:Monodominant
    Tra'vin IC Thread OOC Thread
    Hollow's Last Hope
    Norril Cupsigh IC Thread OOC Thread

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: Something Wicked this way Comes...

    Karazi

    Watching the troll sail off the side of the battlement with a slight grin on his face and seeing the troops start to rally he finally starts to relax just a tad.

    The giants weilding that massive battering ram however put a stop to that right quick, as the unease builds he shouts over to Taalkar just wildly chopping at everything that moves it seems.

    "Time to join our troops brother..they'll be through that gate in notime with a ram that size !" Looking over at Sid he hollars again over the din of battle seeing a lack of reaction by Taalkar "Just grab his crazy ass, we gotta move !"

    Heading down to the gate quickly he just hopes they don't get there too late.

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: Something Wicked this way Comes...

    Taalkar de-legs one attacker and plants his axe in the chest of another, before Sit catches him up by the scruff of the neck and stuffs him into the winch basket.

    The ride down to earth takes only a few moments, but with the situation so dire, each wasted second feels like an eternity.

    Finally reaching the ground, you race back to the gate. Your company stands at the ready in the tunnel beneath the wall, and your wizards pass among them, distributing charges from wands and other enchanted items.

    A large arcane seal has been placed over the gate, and the sounds of countless hammars and axes can be heard echoing on the far side, though none have managed to crack the heavy wood yet.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Give your orders, take your actions.

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: Something Wicked this way Comes...

    Racing into the tunnel behind the gate, Taalkar has bear moments to order the Hammar Company to fall back a step so that Karazi can work his magic on the stones of the ceiling before the ram first impacts the gate...

    *BOOM*

    On the far side of the gate the blow lands with such concussive force that, even behind the gate, you are nearly knocked off your feet from the palpable blast that almost ripples through the stonework...

    *BOOM*

    Under the second blow the arcane seal shatters, the great oaken bars crack and splinter, and the gate caves visibly...

    *BOOM*

    With the third blow, the massive gate cracks... Iron bindings wrench and screech as immense hands tear open the narrow gap, and the first of the giants wrestles his way into the tunnel, along with a flood of barbarian tribesmen, moving like mice around the giant's ankles...

    In that last moment, Karazi releases his spell... A lifetime of shaping the living stone of the mountain under which the Mythril Keep sat, carving away the tunnels into the spaces between those that upheld the mountain and gave it it's strength, the mortal made structure of the Wall proves little different... At his will, the stones above crack and fall in a rushing avalanche that buries the onpouring barbarians, and drives the giant to its knees...

    From behind, a volley of arrows smashes into the great man, but his tough hide proves all but impervious to the flimsy projectiles, as he roars, regaining his feet, and charging the dwarven phalanx...

    The Map:
    Spoiler
    Show



    A few notes:

    In an attempt to make things a little more legible, this map is done in x2 scale. i.e. each square represents 2.5 feet, and so 2x2 square groups represent 5ft squares... (I admit, this makes things a bit more complicated than I hoped, but there it is. If you can't get it to make sense, just let me know and I'll re-draw it in normal scale.)

    T- Taalkar
    K- Karazi
    F- Sid (Familiar)
    D- Dwarf Fighter
    W- Dwarf Wizard
    Sc- Dwarf Scorcerer
    A- Archers (mostly 1st lv Fighters)

    The letters A,B,C off to the left indicate the rows of Dwarves, so you can indicate them if you'd like to give any one (or group of them) specific orders.

    Obviously, you've got more dwarves, but given the cramped tunnel, they don't all fit. The rest are standing by to move in an reinforce your possition as necissary.

    The Giant has an AC of 20, and a Touch AC of 8, and 102hp.

    Next round barbarians will start spilling in.

    You've got three rounds before the next Giant gets in.

    It's your turn.
    Last edited by Mr. X; 2012-12-05 at 04:47 AM.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: Something Wicked this way Comes...

    Karazi

    Eyes wide at the massive giant shrugging off the collapsing ceiling and the sheer mess it made of the smaller orcs. Noting the lack of effect the arrows had on the giant he hollars back at his archers "READY YOURSELVES FOR THE ORCS MEN, KEEP THEIR NUMBERS DOWN"

    Looking over at one of the wizards to his right, clad in a fine stone plate he gives a short nod and the Wizard quickly chants his spell, Greasing the rubble at the entrance thoroughly.

    Sending Sid in ahead, he charges along halfway in the ground, passing by the feet of the dwarves just surfacing late enough to smash into the giant.

    Muttering a quick prayer he pulls an acid flask from his pack and tosses it best he can at the giant.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't have all the spell info for the wizards yet, Barthac left me mid conversation on figuring that out so I just went with the one we both completely agreed on so far. I woulda loved glitterdust...damn dwarf spellcasters don't need to run around in armor >_<

    Having the Archers Ready an Attack for Barbs pouring through, I'll leave the melee dwarf command to Barthac. Hopefully the Grease will help a good bit in there.

    Sid's Power Attack (-2 atk) Charge Attack (1d20+9)[17]
    Sids Damage (1d8+10)[15]

    Karazi's crappy Throwing of Acid
    Ranged Attack (1d20+2)[11]
    Damage (1d6)[1]

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: Something Wicked this way Comes...

    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 43/45
    Readied Maneuvers: Steel Wind, Claw at the Moon, Mountain Hammer, Iron Heart Surge
    Active Stance: Stonefoot Stance: +2 to Strength Checks, +2 AC vs. Larger Foes


    Taalkar watches as the door splinters and cracks. Wait for it he tells the dwarves around him.

    He watches as the first giant pushes through the door, rending the once strong oak into splinters, Wait for it

    He watches as the rubble of the ceiling falls on the invaders and fills the tunnel with a cloud of dust and debris, Wait...

    He sees the first giant emerge from the dust seemingly unscathed Just a little more ...

    He watches as the first barrage of arrows bounce off the giants thick skin. Suddennly, it's time. NOW, attack.

    He gathers his legs underneath him, his muscles pulled taut like the mighty ropes of the now silent ballista above him. Where's that spell, finger waggler

    He springs into the air with a mighty scream swinging his axe above his head at the giant. In an instant the once seemingly cavernous tunnel shrinks to the size of a regular room as the sorceror's spell finally takes hold. His long axe swinging through the air suddenly grows to a size that more closely matches the head of its intended target.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Taalkar uses claw at the moon (a leaping attack) on the giant. The sorceror used an enlarge person on him which (for epic-ness sake) hits him in mid-jump. Also, the other wizard is using his Wand of Ray Of Enfeeblement on the giant.

    Enlarge gives the following +2 Strength, -2 Dexterity, -1 AC, -1 ToHit, Weapon is large (1d12 damage to 3d6 damage), 10Ft reach, 10Ft space

    My AC is 17 (23 vs. Giants) (-1 Dex Bonus, -1 Size)
    Melee tohit is unchanged (str +1 size -1)
    Axe Damage is 3D6+7 (Str +1)
    and I am roughly 9Ft tall (Time for the NBA)

    ToHit:(1d20+10)[26]
    Damage: (3d6+7)[17]
    Claw at the Moon:
    Jump Check vs. Giant's AC:(1d20+12)[27]
    Extra Damage if succeed on jump check: (2d6)[7]

    Sorceror's Ray of Enfeeblement
    Str Damage: (1d6+1)[5]


    From Splendor to Shadow DM:Monodominant
    Tra'vin IC Thread OOC Thread
    Hollow's Last Hope
    Norril Cupsigh IC Thread OOC Thread

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: Something Wicked this way Comes...

    Grown to immense size, Taalkar's axe sinks deep into the giant's shoulder. The colossal man shrugs away the blow, however, smashing into the massive dwarf with such force that he is nearly plowed over... His boots skid and scrape against the floor, however, and he just manages to prevent the giant from stomping the dwarven lines to jelly, as the two grapple and wrestle for footing...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Giant Slams Taalkar:
    (1d20+15)[19]
    Damage:(1d4+7)[8]

    If hit, initiate Grapple. Resist with a Strength Check, DC above roll.

    If you fail, take additional Damage:(1d4+7)[11]


    Through the gate the tide is released, as swarms of barbarians pour through the crack, skittering under your feet like cats, slipping and scrambling over the greased rubble and each other, and smashing into the dwarven line, even as another volley from the archers thins their numbers...

    The dwarves are unshaken by the onslaught, locking their shields and lashing out with axe and urgosh, the barbarians meet a wall of steel, and die by the dozens.

    Karazi's flask shatters, splashing the vitrolic concoction over the giant and sizzling it's skin, though it hardly appears to notice.

    Sid erupts from the earth beneath, only to be batted aside as the giant and Taalkar wrestle.

    Spoiler
    Show
    2 rounds untill the next giant. The current Giant is at 73 hp.

    Your Dwarves are idealy positioned, especially with how you've altered the terrain, and should be able to hold the line for awhile against the horde... Still, it won't take much for things to get out of hand.
    Last edited by Mr. X; 2012-12-13 at 02:52 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •