Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 1514
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Coidzor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Samurai Casino
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 23: Answer Unclear, Try Again

    Well, my English Teacher paramour broke things off with me because apparently the guilt was driving her mad.

    Would've been nice if it were before she was begging me to come over and then went full cray-cray, but c'est la vie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morph Bark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Freljord

    Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 23: Answer Unclear, Try Again

    In my country we have a saying: "no news is good news."

    This does not apply to relationships with people.

    Not hearing from someone for two weeks kinda grates me. :|
    Strawberries = awesome avatarist.
    Current Projects:
    EMPIRE! -- A Community World-Building Game full of role-playing and strategy
    Analyzing RPG Systems
    Spoiler
    Show
    Campaign setting! Homebrew Tier Compendium! NPCs!
    FanFiction.net | DeviantART | Homebrewer's Signature

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Coidzor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Samurai Casino
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 23: Answer Unclear, Try Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    In my country we have a saying: "no news is good news."

    This does not apply to relationships with people.

    Not hearing from someone for two weeks kinda grates me. :|
    Agreed. I ran into something very much like that myself recently.


    It is a very curious piece of misapplied feminism that results in the strange belief that the only person whose thoughts, feelings, or schedule matters is the woman and any kind of compromise or discussion is sexist oppression.

    C'est la guerre, I suppose, given the number of self-described anti-feminists or completely apathetic women that I've encountered it in.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-11-15 at 02:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morph Bark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Freljord

    Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 23: Answer Unclear, Try Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    It is a very curious piece of misapplied feminism that results in the strange belief that the only person whose thoughts, feelings, or schedule matters is the woman and any kind of compromise or discussion is sexist oppression.
    If that is supposed to be a thing, I guess it's applicable moreso to your area than in general. My ex wasn't at all like that, for instance. With regards to this girl, I understand that's she's very busy (she's studying to become a dentist), but I like being in contact fairly regularly, however briefly. Texting doesn't seem to cut it for her, as she doesn't keep her phone with her most of the day as to not be disturbed during classes (they might not even be allowed in there, I forgot if she mentioned that).

    Anyway, I decided to re-install WhatsApp on my smartphone, since she has her iPod with her more often than her Nokia phone and can apparently use WhatsApp on it. See if she replies to pokes on there.
    Strawberries = awesome avatarist.
    Current Projects:
    EMPIRE! -- A Community World-Building Game full of role-playing and strategy
    Analyzing RPG Systems
    Spoiler
    Show
    Campaign setting! Homebrew Tier Compendium! NPCs!
    FanFiction.net | DeviantART | Homebrewer's Signature

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Coidzor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Samurai Casino
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 23: Answer Unclear, Try Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    If that is supposed to be a thing, I guess it's applicable moreso to your area than in general. My ex wasn't at all like that, for instance.
    Mostly an observation that your plight reminded me of, and as I've encountered it on the West Coast, the South, and online I'm inclined to believe that there's something other than personal hallucination to it.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-11-15 at 02:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 23: Answer Unclear, Try Again

    As a general question - I just made a profile on OKCupid, and I was wondering what's a good first message to send to someone? Is there an etiquette of any kind? Apart from A) Be attractive, B) Don't be unattractive and C) Don't be a creepy bastard (my personal addition).

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Coidzor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Samurai Casino
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 23: Answer Unclear, Try Again

    I seem to recall something about there being some form of etiquette involving questions but I can't recall any details for the life of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    noparlpf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 23: Answer Unclear, Try Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Adumbration View Post
    As a general question - I just made a profile on OKCupid, and I was wondering what's a good first message to send to someone? Is there an etiquette of any kind? Apart from A) Be attractive, B) Don't be unattractive and C) Don't be a creepy bastard (my personal addition).
    I think you're supposed to say more than "Hey :)". Try starting a conversation. Be interesting.
    Jude P.

    My keyboard is acting up, so if you see any random 'u's thrown in after 'i's, just iugnore them.

    Playing Pokémon X
    3DS friend code: 0705-3326-2027
    4- or 5-IV Pokémon available for trade listed on my Giant League Wiki page.

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Coidzor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Samurai Casino
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 23: Answer Unclear, Try Again

    Say, what was that term that was developed for the thread as an alternative to partner/lover/boytoy/etc.?

    edit: Kerfluffington? Gerrinton? Gerdonkle? Merfonkle? Gedonkle?
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-11-15 at 04:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Pieromancer in the Playground Moderator
     
    Castaras's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 23: Answer Unclear, Try Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Adumbration View Post
    As a general question - I just made a profile on OKCupid, and I was wondering what's a good first message to send to someone? Is there an etiquette of any kind? Apart from A) Be attractive, B) Don't be unattractive and C) Don't be a creepy bastard (my personal addition).
    - Go for profile pictures of you outside doing something. Pictures taken of people just against the wall of their room or from a webcam look much less attractive and more inherently creepy than pictures of you out there doing something - even if it's just standing by a tree looking sheepish.
    - Two-three sentences is good. More than just "hello darling" or "Hey, I have a <genitals> and you have a <genitals>, 'ey? 'ey?". Commenting on something the person mentioned on their profile is good. Don't do too long a reply, however - people will go "TL;DR" and ignore it, sadly, no matter what the content.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

    "I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

    "Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Marillion's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 23: Answer Unclear, Try Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Adumbration View Post
    As a general question - I just made a profile on OKCupid, and I was wondering what's a good first message to send to someone? Is there an etiquette of any kind? Apart from A) Be attractive, B) Don't be unattractive and C) Don't be a creepy bastard (my personal addition).
    This article is a pretty good look at the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    I like my women like I like my coffee; 10 feet tall, incomprehensible to the human psyche, and capable of ending life as a triviality.

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morph Bark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Freljord

    Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 23: Answer Unclear, Try Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Adumbration View Post
    As a general question - I just made a profile on OKCupid, and I was wondering what's a good first message to send to someone? Is there an etiquette of any kind? Apart from A) Be attractive, B) Don't be unattractive and C) Don't be a creepy bastard (my personal addition).
    Starting up talk about something you both find interesting is probably a good start. I have an account there I only used for a month or so, but I got a pretty good reaction after I asked a lady about her Stargate blog.

    ...if you're talking about sending messages in written form, rather than the kind of "making a first impression".
    Strawberries = awesome avatarist.
    Current Projects:
    EMPIRE! -- A Community World-Building Game full of role-playing and strategy
    Analyzing RPG Systems
    Spoiler
    Show
    Campaign setting! Homebrew Tier Compendium! NPCs!
    FanFiction.net | DeviantART | Homebrewer's Signature

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground
     
    TheWombatOfDoom's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aldain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 23: Answer Unclear, Try Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Adumbration View Post
    As a general question - I just made a profile on OKCupid, and I was wondering what's a good first message to send to someone? Is there an etiquette of any kind? Apart from A) Be attractive, B) Don't be unattractive and C) Don't be a creepy bastard (my personal addition).
    I can certainly help you there, depending on what you're looking for and how you want to go about it. I just warn you that many girls are absolutely swamped with messages, and many don't take the time to message back to the ones they aren't interested in. Even the most promising could turn out to be a let down. However, I've also had some nice luck on there as well.

    If you'd like to be more specific, or message me, I can cater to your specific needs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Say, what was that term that was developed for the thread as an alternative to partner/lover/boytoy/etc.?

    edit: Kerfluffington? Gerrinton? Gerdonkle? Merfonkle? Gedonkle?
    I'm assuming you don't mean MULWIPAR....so how about PILTFER - Person I Love To Fondle - Exnay Relationship
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2012-11-15 at 06:47 PM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

    World Building Project:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

    Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Spell Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt
    (you can't take the sky from me)

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Serpentine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dinosaur Museum aw yisss.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 23: Answer Unclear, Try Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Adumbration View Post
    As a general question - I just made a profile on OKCupid, and I was wondering what's a good first message to send to someone? Is there an etiquette of any kind? Apart from A) Be attractive, B) Don't be unattractive and C) Don't be a creepy bastard (my personal addition).
    Everyone's pretty much said it, so I'll basically reiterate: pick up on something in their profile, and start a conversation on that. Ask one or two questions that invite an answer, and that can further contribute to conversation. Avoid commenting on physical stuff, I think, unless there's something particularly distinctive (e.g. funky hair colour, weird bit of clothing).
    On the other hand, I recently started an ongoing conversation by just saying "Nothing much to say, but I like your style".

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Faulty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009

    Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 23: Answer Unclear, Try Again

    So: cute girl in a class. I managed to get her out to coffee with me by saying I'd like to hear about the thesis to her research paper (I actually do want to hear it). How do I move from that -> friendship -> romance? Tipz plox.
    Wonder Woman (DC Girls in Sweaters Style) Avatar by Astrella.

    NO FUN. NOT EVER.

    Faulty, now available in other flavours:
    last.fm
    Metal Archives

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 23: Answer Unclear, Try Again

    I feel like the intentional move from friendship to romance will always appear artificial. Just be her friend and wait and see if something develops; if nothing does, it's not as though a dozen roses would've changed things, you know? There's nothing wrong with making it clear you like her after you've gotten to know her, or even asking her out, I just mean trying to move the relationship in a more romantic direction before doing that often seems artificial and forced.
    As for going from acquaintances to friends, just make it clear that you like hanging out with her and enjoy her contributions to topics of mutual interest. The thesis is a great way to do this, since it gives a lot more indication of what somebody's like than the usual small-talk, but there's not too much added pressure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Mostly an observation that your plight reminded me of, and as I've encountered it on the West Coast, the South, and online I'm inclined to believe that there's something other than personal hallucination to it.
    I don't think it's so much personal hallucination, but I also don't think it has much of anything to do with women or feminism. Typically, people believe (regardless of their sex) that the only thoughts, feelings, and schedule that matters is their own, even if they don't think so consciously or openly. Whenever someone is called out on this, it is obviously not his or her fault and is instead a result of him or her being oppressed, bullied, or what-have-you by whoever had the audacity to suggest they were being anything less than reasonably. The important thing to remember about most people of either sex is that they are convinced they are always right and they/their priorities are the most important, provided anyone else matters at all.

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Serpentine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dinosaur Museum aw yisss.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 23: Answer Unclear, Try Again

    Random but tangentially related: My sister's recently joined OKCupid and is enjoying enormous success with it. I'm somewhat jealous, but on the other hand the sort of interactions she's having aren't really the sort of interactions I particularly want, so oh well I guess...

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Coidzor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Samurai Casino
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 23: Answer Unclear, Try Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Zrak View Post
    I don't think it's so much personal hallucination, but I also don't think it has much of anything to do with women or feminism. Typically, people believe (regardless of their sex) that the only thoughts, feelings, and schedule that matters is their own, even if they don't think so consciously or openly. Whenever someone is called out on this, it is obviously not his or her fault and is instead a result of him or her being oppressed, bullied, or what-have-you by whoever had the audacity to suggest they were being anything less than reasonably. The important thing to remember about most people of either sex is that they are convinced they are always right and they/their priorities are the most important, provided anyone else matters at all.
    I don't think it was the casual sociopathy or solipsism of selfishness alone when I've encountered it. Certainly it's a component, but you usually don't get the fires of dogma with solipsism and all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Faulty View Post
    So: cute girl in a class. I managed to get her out to coffee with me by saying I'd like to hear about the thesis to her research paper (I actually do want to hear it). How do I move from that -> friendship -> romance? Tipz plox.
    Well, there's the old conventional standby of outmoded gender roles for comparison. Be attractive. Don't be unattractive. Show charisma/personability/non-creepiness.

    Put your best foot forward, show interest in her, flirt as best you're able and as the situation allows.

    You really don't need to establish a formalized friendship before your first date, after all, considering you're already interested in pursuing her. So... pursue her. It's not like pursuing her is mutually exclusive with having an interest in her or her thoughts.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-11-16 at 01:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Serpentine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dinosaur Museum aw yisss.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 23: Answer Unclear, Try Again

    There are no "fires of dogma" here. Your angle is irrelevant to this thread. Shall we move on?

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Coidzor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Samurai Casino
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 23: Answer Unclear, Try Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    There are no "fires of dogma" here. Your angle is irrelevant to this thread. Shall we move on?
    There was no angle in the first place, nor was I suggesting such, so, yes, by all means.

    I'd hardly say a memory of past relationship woes was completely irrelevant to the thread, given the title if nothing else though.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-11-16 at 05:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Heliomance's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 23: Answer Unclear, Try Again

    Sigh. I miss having a girlfriend.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by hotel_papa View Post
    I maintain that until I see a movie trailer where Patrick Stewart introduces himself as Mordenkainen, there never was and never will be a D&D movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by dixieboy View Post
    I am unable to respond due to the awesomness of seducing a god, sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.

    Avatar by asdflove

    Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder.

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 23: Answer Unclear, Try Again

    Well, this is awkward. In an attempt to follow the advice here, I sent multiple messages to various people. Just got a response - I asked (after seeing a lot of classical literature): "Have you read Dostojevski's Idiot? I can recommend that."

    Honestly I wasn't expecting anything back, but just got. ".... jeah I have". And I'm a bit lost now.

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground
     
    TheWombatOfDoom's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aldain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 23: Answer Unclear, Try Again

    Well...at least they responded, so that's something. I had a few people like that as well...I generally would try once more to strike up a conversation, ask more questions, ask them open ended questions like what is your favorite thing to do, so on, so they invest time in a response instead of a yes or no.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

    World Building Project:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

    Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Spell Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt
    (you can't take the sky from me)

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Faulty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009

    Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 23: Answer Unclear, Try Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Zrak View Post
    I feel like the intentional move from friendship to romance will always appear artificial. Just be her friend and wait and see if something develops; if nothing does, it's not as though a dozen roses would've changed things, you know? There's nothing wrong with making it clear you like her after you've gotten to know her, or even asking her out, I just mean trying to move the relationship in a more romantic direction before doing that often seems artificial and forced.
    As for going from acquaintances to friends, just make it clear that you like hanging out with her and enjoy her contributions to topics of mutual interest. The thesis is a great way to do this, since it gives a lot more indication of what somebody's like than the usual small-talk, but there's not too much added pressure.
    Thank you for the advice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Well, there's the old conventional standby of outmoded gender roles for comparison. Be attractive. Don't be unattractive. Show charisma/personability/non-creepiness.

    Put your best foot forward, show interest in her, flirt as best you're able and as the situation allows.

    You really don't need to establish a formalized friendship before your first date, after all, considering you're already interested in pursuing her. So... pursue her. It's not like pursuing her is mutually exclusive with having an interest in her or her thoughts.
    We're both femme so I don't know how I could use stereotypical gender role scripts effectively here. The problem is I don't know how to effectively flirt/pursue people. Zrak's advice sounds like it'll do me well.
    Wonder Woman (DC Girls in Sweaters Style) Avatar by Astrella.

    NO FUN. NOT EVER.

    Faulty, now available in other flavours:
    last.fm
    Metal Archives

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Asta Kask's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 23: Answer Unclear, Try Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Adumbration View Post
    Well, this is awkward. In an attempt to follow the advice here, I sent multiple messages to various people. Just got a response - I asked (after seeing a lot of classical literature): "Have you read Dostojevski's Idiot? I can recommend that."

    Honestly I wasn't expecting anything back, but just got. ".... jeah I have". And I'm a bit lost now.
    If you have, you can now ask what ze thought. And then conversation can follow.
    Avatar by CoffeeIncluded

    Someday you will depart, but till that distant day
    Sing, and dance.
    Eat your fill of warm cooked food and cool jugs of beer.
    Cherish the children your love gave life.
    Bathe away life's dirt in warm drawn waters.
    Pass the time in joy with your chosen wife.

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 23: Answer Unclear, Try Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Faulty View Post
    So: cute girl in a class. I managed to get her out to coffee with me by saying I'd like to hear about the thesis to her research paper (I actually do want to hear it). How do I move from that -> friendship -> romance? Tipz plox.
    So do you actually want to be her friend? Or are you only interested romantically? Trying to be friends just to become romantic later is a bad plan. Just directly ask her out if you're interested.

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Faulty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009

    Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 23: Answer Unclear, Try Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    So do you actually want to be her friend? Or are you only interested romantically? Trying to be friends just to become romantic later is a bad plan. Just directly ask her out if you're interested.
    I am romantically interested. She seems like a shy person so I don't want to just be like HEY LETS GO OUT after our first time spending time together... Maybe I'm wrong?
    Wonder Woman (DC Girls in Sweaters Style) Avatar by Astrella.

    NO FUN. NOT EVER.

    Faulty, now available in other flavours:
    last.fm
    Metal Archives

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Fragenstein's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 23: Answer Unclear, Try Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Faulty View Post
    I am romantically interested. She seems like a shy person so I don't want to just be like HEY LETS GO OUT after our first time spending time together... Maybe I'm wrong?
    Find common interests and invite her to things not involving thesis papers. Compliment her in unexpected ways. Initiate some subtle touches to the shoulder/arm/hand region if she seems open enough.

    If her friendliness increases, ask her out. If that fails, go for the old stand-by...

    "Wow. I love your skirt. It'd look great dangling from the ceiling fan in my bedroom."

    That line's always worked on me, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    How did you have that image on standby......

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Faulty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009

    Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 23: Answer Unclear, Try Again

    Thank you for the advice. My problem is I normally just go to coffee with people so my only idea of what else we could do would come off date like (movies, etc.). I guess that's my one hole right now. The rest of the suggestions I can manage.
    Wonder Woman (DC Girls in Sweaters Style) Avatar by Astrella.

    NO FUN. NOT EVER.

    Faulty, now available in other flavours:
    last.fm
    Metal Archives

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morph Bark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Freljord

    Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 23: Answer Unclear, Try Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Faulty View Post
    I am romantically interested. She seems like a shy person so I don't want to just be like HEY LETS GO OUT after our first time spending time together... Maybe I'm wrong?
    My investigation as to this subject is still ongoing. I'll let you know when I publish my results.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fragenstein View Post
    That line's always worked on me, after all.
    How often have you actually used it?


    ...oh ON you, not FOR you. Nevermind!


    EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Faulty View Post
    Thank you for the advice. My problem is I normally just go to coffee with people so my only idea of what else we could do would come off date like (movies, etc.). I guess that's my one hole right now. The rest of the suggestions I can manage.
    Watch a movie together at home, or a series you both like? Done that a few times. Then stayed up late just talking. Eventually we didn't even see the anime episodes anymore.

    Walking through parks or such is generally also pretty okay, only semi-date like (especially if you asked about seemingly as more of a spur-of-the-moment thing, unless it is a REALLY cool and/or pretty park), healthy (SNIFF THAT NATURE AIR) and free.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2012-11-16 at 12:35 PM.
    Strawberries = awesome avatarist.
    Current Projects:
    EMPIRE! -- A Community World-Building Game full of role-playing and strategy
    Analyzing RPG Systems
    Spoiler
    Show
    Campaign setting! Homebrew Tier Compendium! NPCs!
    FanFiction.net | DeviantART | Homebrewer's Signature

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •