New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Alpha Panda, Serenity RPG IC

Greg
    Lullabelle Mine

Greg nods. Just bruises and maybe a broken rib, Cap'n. Ballistic mesh's a glorious thing, ain't it just? he responds with a wheeze. Was hopin' ta take out their boss an' smoke 'em t'leave 'em right confused. Turns out most've 'em are dumber'n bricks, so I just got shot fer my trouble, he jokes.
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2012-12-01 at 11:53 AM.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grace
    Alpha Panda, Bridge

Grace smiles warmly as Jack leaves the bridge. She seems relieved. She watches Lei settle into her customary post, silently making sure that she isn't needed any more. Then, with a quick smile and a nod to the younger woman, she, too, leaves the bridge.

She wonders briefly if she should stroll out into the biodome to take a look at the structure herself, but finally decides against it. Better not to be in the way. Although it did seem they have real garden out there. Interesting. Maybe there will be an opportunity to take a look later, Grace thinks as she returns to the kitchen.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

Morgan
    Lullabelle Mine

Morgan nods to the captain, and keeps the barrel of his pistol pressed against the unconscious man's skull.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Terry for my irate Nightmare Alchemist Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Creed, you guys are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Just peachy, Jack. A cake run... like Greg here said."

The big soldier patted Greg on the back, probably a little harder than he genuinely intended to.
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall
    "I am not a warrior." "Very soon... you will be."
    - Conversation between Ahmad ibn Fadlan and Herger the Joyous

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Sia
    Eight years ago

Keep pressure on the wound. Reach for a general anesthetic.

Keep working. Inject Adreneline. Forceps in the wound. Gotta pull out the bullet.

Sia keeps working. Trying to pull out the bullet so she can close the chest wound. Keep him alive. That is all she can.

Ch-Chikk.

A shotgun presses into the Doctor's back. Sia turns to see a man with a deep scar running down his face and neck holding a shotgun to her chest. He grabs her hair and pulls her off to another room.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]"Well, now what do we have here? A little girl playing doctor? Come on now, darlin' I have something else you can play with..."
    The sergeant is dead. He must have bled out while she was busy saving herself.

Fools. All of them. Why do they insist on killing each other? Why am I powerless to stop them? Why can't I help?

Careful not to step on the puddle of blood running from the next room, Sia grabs a radio from one of the deceased soldiers.

"Anyone out there? Sia Ling, 52nd Medical, requesting evac, over."

Now.

Bent over her task, she sees that she has the bullet out of her patient, and begins to close the wound.

"You're going to be fine." She tells her patient.

But if you had hurt Cole, we would be having a different conversation entirely....

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

6. - Top - End - #276

Cole
    Lullabelle Mine

Cole disappeared for a minute and reappeared suddenly with two glasses. He brought one of them to Sia, the tickle of ice could be heard as he approached.

"They, uhh... didn't have any pink umbrellas, but that's what they had."

"Thanks, love. Almost done here, would you fetch the stretcher so we can carry him back to the Panda?"

"Of course."

He set the drink down on a flat surface somewhere nearby and glanced back over at Sia. She's busy... he thought... now's not the time for an apology...

The soldier then made his way back onto the Panda and presented the second drink to Lei.

"No umbrellas, Lei... I'm sorry. But this smelled fruity...", Cole sniffed at the concoction. "... kinda. It's cold, anyways."

After this, he headed to the Med Bay to collect the stretcher before heading back out of the ship.
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-12-04 at 03:58 PM.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Fifteen Years ago.
    Ariel

The doors crashed open as the EMTs brought in another crash victim.
    BP is 180/35, pulse is thready!

Sia cole, just out of med school and working as an intern in the ER, ran with the stretcher as they rushed to an operating room. She was frantic as she reached for tools, trying to keep the patient alive long enough to try and heal him.

"Easy now." The voice belonged to one of the head doctors, Dr. Tam Solan. "Speed is crucial but not haste. Calm. Steady. Deliberate. These are the marks of a true doctor. Remember that. Now, let me show you how you balance speed..."

Sia
    Lullabelle Mine

Calm. Steady. Deliberate. This is what seperates the medic from the Doctor.

The medic keeps you alive. The Doctor restores what was lost. How many lives had she restored, only to see them taken away again? She felt her mind drifting off again, as it always seemed to. Her hand was steady as she placed another suture in the man laying before her.

She heard the tinkle of ice in a glass.

She didn't dare look away as she kept poking the thread through her patient, slowly, calmly sewing closed the hole in his chest. But she still had manners.

"Thanks, love. Almost done here, would you fetch the stretcher so we can carry him back to the Panda?"

Calm. Steady. The mark of the Doctor.
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2012-12-04 at 03:29 PM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack
    Lullabelle Mine Exterior

He blinks at Sia's upraised and bloody hand.

"...Well, you should know, doc," he says at length. Deciding not to dwell on that thought, he glances around - and catches Cole's comment. He winks broadly at Cole, before addressing Greg;

"Right. See, you're allowed to do the milk runs, but not the cake runs now. Every day we learn something new. I think staying away from cookie runs may be a good idea, too, if you got yourself shot on a cake run of all things,"

In the background...

"Of course."

Jack looks away. Seven years on it still hurts. It's never going to stop. He hand twitches involuntarily towards his neck - just a flicker - before he stills it.

Jack
    Freedom's Flight's bridge, eight years ago...

There was smoke leaking from most of the consoles. The extractor fans weren't working, so everything had the acrid tang of burning electronics. From somewhere deep inside the guts of the ship someone was shouting something, possibly into the intercom - which was busily providing most of the burning electrical smell.

"How are we doing back there?"

Gorram Alliance, why the rutting hell was a missile frigate sat out in the middle of nowhere? Thank God, praise Allah and some form of supplication and gratitude to every other deity going that the thing hadn't been expecting them any more than they had been expecting it - there'd only been time for one salvo in the confusion before they got a Hard Burn off.

"Engine's half melted, secondary life support's down and main isn't looking too hot - or, rather, it's looking very hot and it shouldn't. We're alive, but you really might want to start holding your breath soon," a soft voice says from the back of the cabin. Jack's heart rate suddenly jumps up a few notches.

"That bad, huh?"

"Worse. I'll find us the nearest friendly port or unoccupied piece of wasteland I can," Jack doesn't need to look around to know she's walked across the bridge and has taken the nav station. "You have your looey's authorisation on you?"

Jack nods absently, rips a patch off the shoulder of his coat and swivels his chair to flick the patch across. He meets her eyes - her perfect blue eyes - and she winks.

"Hey, cap, we'll get through. We're alive, aren't we?"

Here and Now...

"I just wish we were," he whispers, dropping his eyes.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lullabelle Mine

Now that the smoke had dissapated, the storm was clearing up on the holographic projector. The breeze ceased and the artificial sun shone.

Lei's efforts had stemmed the worst of the damage to Evan Steadman, he would live long enough to stand trial, a byzantine system for poor mercs, some consider worse than death.

The others wounds were minor, and would bandage. Fox would be out for at least another two hours, probably longer, but the other two Steadman brothers were walking wounded, and quite compliant now they were held at gun point.

Sam Hawkes summons his courage, and comes forwards towards Captain Jack
    "Cap'n?" he has his thumbs stuck in his belt, swaggering in an overcompensation for nerves.
    "This man say's he wants me" He nods at the still unwounded mercenary held captive. "I ain't never heard of no one called Brigit, and I ain't going to Frisco Town. You are though... That's where the Contact for the Sale is."
    Necromunda Total War:IC
    Necromunda Total War:OC

Spoiler
    Show
    Brair Freeman of Tariola, 4 levels of Ranger.
    Amiri Pakeha Khan, M.Eng Ship's mechanic.

And I'll dance to Tom Payne's bones,
    Dance to Tom Payne's bones,
    Dance in the oldest boots I own,
    to the rhythm of Tom Payne's bones.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

Greg
    Lullabelle Mine

Greg laughs, but that hurts, so he stops it abruptly. As y'all say, Cap'n. I'll stick t'the comm station fer a while. Some'un needs t'keep Lei an' Miss Grace company when we touch down anyway. He glares at the unconscious opponents. Not much fun t'be had outsmartin' bandits what got air fer brains. I'll stick t'runnin' sims 'till we find ourselves someone worth fightin', please an' thanks.
    My Homebrew
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack
    Lullabelle Mine Exterior

Jack looks up as Hawkes approaches, listens to him, and then rolls his eyes.

Of course the job can't be simple. Why would it be simple? It's not like the job is one they have much choice in accepting - especially after getting shot at over it.

"Know anything about Frisco Town? Or the contact, for that matter?" he meets Hawkes' gaze and shrugs. "Seriously, the Wave we got about the job just had times and locations. I think we'd upset Badger a little,"

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Sia
    Lullabelle Mine

Sia finishes her work and stands up with a sigh. Stripping off her gloves, she replaces everything in her bag. Waiting on the stretcher, she decides to try the drink Cole brought her. It smells fruitish, probably a cheap knockoff of a cheap Blue Sun brand.

Hesitantly, she takes a sip and winces. Nearly spitting it out, Sia chokes out a curse. "What kind of 猴子撒尿 is this?"

She doesn't know what the flavor is, but there needs to be more in it. The drink is almost too horrid to drink. Raw alchohol is one of the worst things in the 'Verse. Almost as bad as the Alliance.

Spoiler
    Show
    猴子撒尿: monkey urine.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

Lei
    Alpha Panda

Lei gldly accepts the drink, and takes a nice, big gulp. The cold of the drink is quickly overcome by the lance of fire that drives straight into her gut. She smiles, and then laughs as Sia has such a difficult time with her own drink. "Not used to space-borne distilleries, are you 姐姐? Tastes like a fruity version of the 白酒 my uncle made in the littlest hold of my family's ship." Feeling a bit buoyed by the strong alcohol, Lei skips down to her cabin, and reemerges from the airlock a few minutes later in full work gear, a toolbox in her left hand and a nasty looking cutting torch in her right hand. "Tap, you ready to go?" she calls out. "Lets go see what goodies we got!", and walks off toward the other ship.

姐姐 = big sister
    白酒 = white alcohol. Don't ever drink this stuff.
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Morgan
    Lullabelle Mine

Morgan stands and walks over to where the captain speaks with Hawke. This was more his environment than fruit-flavored drinks and light banter. The soldier rested his hands on his hips, not too far from his guns, but far enough to indicate that he's not threatening the man, simply remaining cautious.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Terry for my irate Nightmare Alchemist Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Creed, you guys are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Sia
    Alpha Panda

Sia watches in amazement as this little girl downs the rough alchohol with ease. She stares at Lei as she walks out heading for the other ship. Shaking her head to clear the burn in her throat from the rough drink Sia turns to Cole.

"Lets go see what our guests have to say about this."

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

16. - Top - End - #286

Cole
    Lullabelle Mine

Having stowed away all of his weapons, aside from his pistol, in the interim, Cole now sported the stretcher over one shoulder. He had draped his hand over the poles out in front of him to gain better control and balance to the awkward length of the thing.

"Alright.", was all that Cole responded at first, falling in-line behind the doctor as she made her way back over to the prisoners. After a few steps, the soldier adds, "Sorry... about the drink... and about... well, earlier."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

17. - Top - End - #287

The Scene fades to black as the Adverts Begin.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288

Aft Corridor of Mary Celestia
    Tap and Lei were making their way through the ship on an initial inspection.
    "I still say this ship is worth more together than as parts"
    The griffin class was on the whole, considered an ugly design, and there was no inner beauty, probably handed off from mercenary crew to bandit gang and back, no care or attention had been lavished on this ship.
    It'll take a few days to get her flying again, sure. But the Alliance take bids on the items if you brought them in..."
    The ship's pulse drive had been rendered inoperable, for now they were stuck with earth style gravity and inertia. The Ice field had not been kind to her overall integrity either, and emergency patches really were just for emergencies. Life support would have to be maintained just to keep the ship's air pressure up and ensure stability.

As they made their way aft, they approached the engine room. The lighting here was poor, and the area in an even worse state than the crew quarters in the fore.

They Heard Three Distincts Taps. As if metal were hitting metal, behind some wall.

Then another Tap.

TAP raised a puzzled eyebrow.

Tap.

Tap

Then they Heard another Three Distinct Taps.

There was a pause as long as the noise it self, and then it repeated.

Infirmary, Alpha Panda
    The Three Steadman brothers are bound, and Fox too, is handcuffed. Ernest Ludlow is apparenty meek and compliant.

Spoiler
    Show
    It's your infirmary, You get to describe it

Lullabelle Mine
    "Well boy's, I'm mighty impressed with your outfit" Sam Hawkes say's jovially, as he leads them over to a cleverly disguised section of the dome, containing the rather incongruously technological magnetic grappler controls. Incongruous for the faux garden holographic projection that is, not incongruous for a comet ice mine.

"We don't normally get to use the grapplers to the full except with Corone Fleet Ships..." He says the name Corone with a bitterness, like the very word pollutes his taste buds.

"So it's nice to get to use all their potential.

"Now, our usual deal with Badger is 150 Tons, that'd fill your standard cargo hold. Seein' as we owe you fellas, what with taking care of those claim jumpers, 'specially before we get our Corone inspection next week... We're a little ahead on our quota, if your main hold can take it, I'll see what extra production we can spare."

While Sam Hawkes was off with Shooter and Morgan seeing to the loading of the ice, Ryan, was busy repairing the damage the fight had done to his garden. He was kneeling in the dirt, a look of deep sorrow and grief on his face. The sad sight that brought him thus was a Water Melon.
    Spoiler
    Show
    , caught in the cross fire of the gun battle.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

Lei
    Aft corridor of Marie Celeste

"Ummm, Tap, didn't everyone already get off this this boat?" Lei has gone a bit pale. Her hand wanders to her side where, instead of her pistol, the cutting torch hangs. She takes a large wrench out of the toolbox and hits against the bulkhead three times.
    BANG!
    BANG!
    BANG!

Discord Tag #4097

20. - Top - End - #290

There is a loud Clang, and a muffled "帮助*" from the engine room

*Bangzhu - Help me

TAP looks bemuse by the strange noise, which then repeated again, different metals banging, but the same pattern. Tap.Tap.Tap. - Tap - Tap - Tap Tap.Tap.Tap.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

Lei

"Ok, just hold on, we'll help. Umm, are you stuck? Whats wrong? Why are you tapping?" She preps the cutting torch.

Discord Tag #4097

22. - Top - End - #292

TAP reaches out with his mechanical hand to stop Lei's motion.

"No Need to be cutting a perfectly good door in half"

He reached out with his flesh and blood arm to the engine room door. It was only locked to the inside, and with a simple confirmation to unlock, the door switch worked, and the seals popped.

The Air that washed out was filled with the scent of rust, and engine oil, grease and ionised particles from improperly maintained space ships. Inside, lit only by standby lighting, was a fallen chair lying on it's side. Strapped to the chair was a wiry young man, his jump suit's sleeves were missing, revealing one tattooed arm, what an outsider might incorrectly call 'Te Moko' the other plain, but still distinctive, for both palm and back of each hand bore starburst scarring.

He is gagged, and bound hand and foot to the chair. He was tapping by physically shifting the chair and dropping it, as evidence by the current racket his struggles were making. He calmed, with wary eyes as the door was opened.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #293
    Troll in the Playground

Lei

"Well, I assume they put you like this. Promise not to hurt us?" She isn't actually waiting for an answer, and instead goes to untie the man. She frowns at the poor conditions of the engine room.

Discord Tag #4097

24. - Top - End - #294
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grace
    Lullabelle Mine, Garden

"It'll still make a great fruit salad", a warm scratchy voice says at Ryan's shoulder. Grace has hunkered down next to him and softly touches the strong vines of the melon patch - like the living thing that, of course, it is.

She had been wanting to go to back to the galley, but with one glance out of the main airlock's window decided she wanted to see the garden after all. Pathetic. Being on the move for just a few weeks and already missing the raw earth beneath her feet.

"That's some rich soil ya got 'ere", she muses, letting some of it run though her fingers. "Reminds me of-"

Shadow

She blinks rapidly, finally saying: "Hera."

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Sia
    Medbay, Alpha Panda

The Medbay on the Alpha Panda has three beds, currently, they are all occupied with men who have been strapped down with mediacal restraints.

Walking in, Sia walks over to the bed Evan is laying on."Guns really are horrible things, you know."

Looking at the readout of the scanner at the end of the bed, She pulls out a syringe, unlocks a cabinet and pulls out a small bottle. Filling the syringe, she injects her patient with a small amount of a red fluid of some sort.

"There are not many things you can do that are worse than tearing up the insides of another man."

Turning to Mordecai, who is still conscious, Sia pulls out another syringe. This one is filled with a sickly green color.

"I went to med school on Ariel, you know. I spent quite a few years learning about the human body. How it works, how it falls apart. Sia pushes on the plunger, a small bit of the fluid squirting out the needle. She walks over to the man on her table. "Did you know that there are few ways worse to go than to have your insides eaten alive from the inside? It isn't as bad as getting shot in the gut of course, but, well, knowing you are going to die, and not seeing who or what is doing it to you, that's just nasty. The first thing you are going to feel is a fire in your gut."

Sia smiles as she injects the syringe into Mordecai. "Then you will begin to smell your insides as they bleed out of you. Then you will feel a terrible clenching in your chest as it starts to eat at your heart. Then you won't feel nothin' nomore."

Jack watches in horror as Sia goes about her business, but as she describes the horror his brother is going to endure, he shouts out,"Quick! Give my brother the antidote please. What do you want to know? I admit it, we were gonna jump the claim! Fox says Corone don't care none about freelancers so long as they can collect their quota, please, just give my brother the antidote!"

Sia smiles mischeviously as her words work their magic."Now why on earth would I want to do that, hon? You still haven't told me anything I didn't already know."

Strapped into his chair in the corner of the room, Ernest appears shocked, and remains white lipped, watching the injected individual with a morbid gaze.

"Now, boys, if you don't mind, I am getting a bit peckish. I think I might just go get myself a bite to eat, while I let my pretties do their magic. Come on, Cole. Let's leave these boys to thier peace."

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

26. - Top - End - #296

Infirmary
    "Please... Thats all I know! We were gonna work it, and Fox was gonna take a cut! Give my little brother the Antidote!"
    Jack struggles weith his bonds in his agitation.
    "We have all the gear and equipment we need in the hold and locked in the engine room."

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, thanks boys. Me and my friend here will go take a look, then we will be back to check on you." With that, Sia walks out of the medbay, leaving the four men to sweat.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

28. - Top - End - #298

Lullabelle Mine, Garden
    Ryan looks up, glancing from shooter lollygagging and enjoying the holographic display, at least, gazing intently at it. Ryans eyes rested on Greg, who'd taken a bullet to defend someone else's mine claim, now he was recovering in the peace of the garden.

"I grew it all my self, imported the soil cultures and harvested everyting else from the ice."

He replied to grace, pulling out a small jack knife and leaning in to prune back the vine.

"You know much about gardening Mam? Everything you need, nitrates, phosphate, carbon dioxide, you can get from the meteor."

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

Greg
    Lullabelle Mine, Garden

Greg leans against a wall, cheerily at ease. Being out of the game this long has left me rusty... that fight was a gross miscalculation on my part. he thinks self-deprecatingly, mentally hitting himself upside the head. Miss Grace 'ere's a fine gardener, an' a mighty fine cook, too. Our bird ain't seen a lick o' grub what didn't taste good, an' that's quite an accomplishment, if I may say so mahself.
    My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #300

Engine Room of the Mary Celestia

The Dark Recess of the engine was cluttered with spare or defective parts and tools. As Lei unties him, he makes no sudden moves and remains calm until Lei removes his gag.

"Kia Ora*" His voice is parched and dry. "I have to ask, have you shot that go se souled bastard Fox Daley?

*Interchangebly; Hello, Good Day, Thank you, good health

Spoiler
    Show