New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Alpha Panda, Serenity RPG IC

Lei
    Engine room of Mary Celestia

"If he was of the men that came piling out of here earlier, then yeah, he got shot. I don't think he's dead though." Lei pulls a canteen out of one of her many pockets and offers it to the man. "Who are you, and why are you tied up like this?"
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

2. - Top - End - #302
    Firbolg in the Playground

Cole
    Outside the Alpha Panda's MedBay

Cole kept his calm while in the room with the prisoners. He tried to remain intimidating-looking, despite the fact that what Sia was saying made him want to upheave his lunch. Once they were out of earshot of the men in the room, he finally eeked out a phrase.

"So, what... uh, what exactly did you give that boy? I know you, Sia... and it weren't no belly-eatin' bugs."
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall
    "I am not a warrior." "Very soon... you will be."
    - Conversation between Ahmad ibn Fadlan and Herger the Joyous

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

The door closed behind the two of them, and Sia began walking off toward the galley.

"So, what... uh, what exactly did you give that boy? I know you, Sia... and it weren't no belly-eatin' bugs."

Sia turned and looked at her companion. Her cheeks flushed as they puffed up, and she started to laugh.

"A little concoction I whipped up. It's main ingredient is an extremely powerful laxative."
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2012-12-07 at 11:50 AM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

4. - Top - End - #304
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grace
    Lullabelle Mine, Garden

Grace smiles at Greg's compliment. "Ya could say I dabble a bit at gardenin'", she replies to Ryan's question. "Never thought ter try on an asteroid, though... Name's Grace, by the way, and this here's Greg."

She gestures at the biodome. "It's been some time since I've been in one o'those. Moons an' planets, though. Never asteroids. An' fairly short-term, too. How long's this beauty been up, then?"

5. - Top - End - #305

Cole

Cole raised an eyebrow at the doctor. He then started to laugh and shake his head as he walked away.

"So, what you're sayin' is that you gave that man a laxative... while he's tied to a table... in your sterile MedBay?! Sia... I am not gonna be the one what cleans up that mess."
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-12-07 at 02:00 PM.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

"Ahh don't worry 'bout that, my love. The laxative takes a while to kick in. We have time to get him to a toilet before anything bad happens to my equipment."

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

7. - Top - End - #307

"I don't know what all this "we" stuff is that you're talking about!"

Cole continues to laugh as he goes to validate what the men had told them.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

Sia leans up and gives Cole a quick kiss. "I promise, Cole. Tonight, I will tell you what goes on in this crazy head of mine. But first we have a job to do."

She finally manages to calm herself down by the time they find the captain.

"Hey, Jack. You won't believe what those idiots told me..."

Sia then relates the story to Jack, but isn't able to control herself from laughing before she gets to the end.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

9. - Top - End - #309

Cole
    Lullabelle Mine

The soldier lets a smile wash over his face as he ponders all of the possible meanings of Sia's last words to him.

When the doctor had finished her tale, and Jack looked incredulously to him for confirmation... all Cole could do was shrug his shoulders in agreement.

"You hired her, Jack."
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-12-07 at 03:41 PM.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

10. - Top - End - #310
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lullabelle Mine, Garden
    "Howdy Greg, guess I'm obligied to ya, I won't grudge Badger his cut, how'd you know they were comming?"

He gathers up the peices of watermelon in a pruned leaf. Soon, new shoots will grow, producing more melons in place of the ruined one.

"I ain't rightly sure when she was set down. Me and Sam bought her as an empty station. Everything you see is my handy work.. And Sam helped too.
    He added as an after thought.

"If you're the galley queen, you're welcome to the garden in exchange for some of the cooking. Me and Sam ain't lethal as cooks but it's mighty samesome.
    Necromunda Total War:IC
    Necromunda Total War:OC

Spoiler
    Show
    Brair Freeman of Tariola, 4 levels of Ranger.
    Amiri Pakeha Khan, M.Eng Ship's mechanic.

And I'll dance to Tom Payne's bones,
    Dance to Tom Payne's bones,
    Dance in the oldest boots I own,
    to the rhythm of Tom Payne's bones.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack
    Alpha Panda Captain's cabin

After some unsatisfactory answers about Frisco Town and the contact, Jack heads back up to his cabin. This particular job has raised some old issues, that need time to be addressed.

He's staring at the contents of a small locket, his mind on far off times and places, when there's a sharp rap at his door. He snaps the locket shut on the perfect blue eyes within, takes a moment to compose himself, and opens the door.

As he listens to Sia's account of the interrogation, his smile becomes increasingly genuine - up to the point where he actually laughs out loud at the end.

"Atta girl, doc. Keep it up, and let me know if they have anything else to tell us. I wouldn't be terribly upset if the conversation were to get around to, oh, say Frisco town - Brigit - and the contact, y'know?"

When Cole and Sia have gone away again, Jack settles back on his bunk. Cap'n Rogue jumps up on to his chest and insistently tramples until she gets the requisite amount of fuss to fall asleep.

With the captain asleep and the crew all busy, Jack pulls out the locket again - he stares at it for a long, long time.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grace
    Lullabelle Mine, Garden

"An' mighty fine work it is tha' you've done here", she answers, looking around. "How long have the two of ya been 'ere, then?"

When he asks her to cook, Grace smiles fondly at the younger man. "I guess we got ourselves a deal, then. Your place or mine?"

Together with Ryan she picks out which produce to use, amiably chatting away about breeds, herbs, soil qualities and fertilizer.

13. - Top - End - #313

Amiri

The water that crossed Amiri's lips was some of the best tasting water for a while, everything out of the Celestia's taps had a rusty taste, and he had got little enough of it.

The flight suited woman was helping him, while the big man with the impressive cybernetic arm watched from a distance. Even if he were to attack Lei, he'd never make it past the other. Not that he was going to, the enemy of my enemy didn't guarantee friendship, but it could help.

"Who are you, and why are you tied up like this?"

"My Name is Amiri, somewhere on board they have my papers and gear... I was a ships mechanic till I made the mistake of loosing a fight in the wrong town. Was supposed to be 2 weeks indentured to the town, after 13 days I woke up on this ship, dam Po Fu mayor sold me!
    Last edited by Adlan; 2012-12-08 at 06:23 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

"So, Cole," Sia says after leaving Jack's cabin. "How should we play the rest of this out? I don' think they have a brain tween the lot of 'em, but that one in the chair seemed pretty anxious to keep quiet. He also didn't seem to care 'bout what I was doin'."

Sia sighed as they got down to the medbay. "I also need to get that man to a toilet afore he makes a mess on my bed."

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

15. - Top - End - #315

Cole

The soldier put his hand out and leaned against the metal wall, hanging his head in thought. He probably would've spat upon the ground, if he wasn't in front of a lady and inside... much less on the Panda. A heaviness came over the soldier like dark clouds on a sunny day.

"I can get 'im to talkin' while you take the other'n out of the room, if yo'ant me to. But it ain't gonna be purty, Sia... and it could make a mess'a yer room too."

It is obvious that Cole is dead serious, and although not pleased with the idea of it... that he is ready to do what it takes to get the job done.

"How bad does Jack want this information?"
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-12-08 at 01:28 PM.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't know, Cole. Though I am sure they are quite conviced of me being able to control thier life and death. Let's see how much more they are willing to cooperate, yeah?"

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

17. - Top - End - #317
    Troll in the Playground

Lei

Lei gives a sad smile. "I know something about being press-ganged into service. You must be quite the mechanic if you managed to keep this 一堆生锈的狗屎 flying. It doesn't look whoever was here before you knew much more than how to swing a wrench at a bulkhead."

一堆生锈的狗屎 = pile of rusty s**t

Discord Tag #4097

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

Greg
    Lullabelle Mine Garden

The ex-soldier perks up at the notion of fresh grub. Y'all need an extra set o' hands, Miss Grace, an' y'all jus' holler, he says to Grace with a smile, before approaching Adrian. Feel good t'have yer feet back on solid ground, Mister Starr? Sorry our little detour here has delayed y'all gettin' back t'civilization.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

19. - Top - End - #319

Cole
    Outside the Panda's MedBay

Relieved, Cole replies simply.

"Okay, I reckon"
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

Morgan
    Back aboard the Panda

Morgan got back onto the ship, stalking through the hallways to his cabin and ripping his helmet off in disgust. These claim-jumpers were less of a threat than petty thieves, their age the only thing elevating them from armed children. It had hardly even warranted bringing weapons into the field.
    His armor still on, save the helmet, the soldier moved to the medbay, where he knocked politely on the door, respecting the privacy of medical treatment.
    The soldier also respected Cole and Sia's right to their personal privacy. His needs weren't urgent, they could wait all day.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Terry for my irate Nightmare Alchemist Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Creed, you guys are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

Sia
    Alpha Panda

The door to the Medbay is still closed as Cole and Sia walk up. Turning to Cole, Sia gives him a kiss again. "Cole, just leave all the talking to me for now. I'm going to take him out to relieve himself, you talk to the rest. After I leave."

Sia pulls a handkerchief out of her pocket, and grins wickedly at Cole as she opens the door and walks in.

"Hello, boys."

Mordecai is on the table groaning as his bowels begin protesting the drugs coursing through his system.

"Please! Please, give Mordecai the antidote! We told you's all we know! Please!"

Sia twirled the handkerchief between her fingers. "Hmm, now that won't do. Now right about now, you should be feeling everything making its way down to your backside, it burns and it itches, and your mind is telling you little things are crawlin' round your gut,slowly workin their way up your body."

"Please! Stop this! We don't know anything!"

Sia smiles as she forces the handkerchief into Mordecai's mouth, tying it off behind his head, gagging him. She started releasing the restraints holding him to the table, and pulls him up to his feet. Good thing there is a powerful muscle relaxant in there. He would be able to easily overpower me, had I not done this.

"Come on now, little boy. I am the ferryman, here to take you down to Hell. It is time to pay for all your sins in this life."
    Sia begins walking to the door, half carrying, half dragging the poor man along.

"Please! For the love of God, Don't kill him! Don't let my brother die!"

Sia closed the door behind her.
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2012-12-09 at 04:53 PM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

22. - Top - End - #322

Cole
    MedBay of the Alpha Panda

Cole had followed Sia into the room and slowly began removing the pieces of his armor and placing them in a neat stack on top of one of the counters, off to the side. Through this whole process, he didn't speak to the men, just glanced at them occasionally. Finally, when he was finished, he sat down where Mordecai had just been moments before.

"So. Now is when you boys tell me everything you know 'bout Frisco Town and this "Brigit" that I keep hearing so much about. And 'fore you go and says somethin' silly like 'we ain't gonna talk'... let me put your mind at ease - I ain't got the Doc's specialty of wormin' up yer insides. My work, my work all happens on the outside."

The soldier paused dramatically, cracking his knuckles against the palms of each opposite hand and he leaned his head in thought.

"Although... I guess once the outside kinda caves in, then the work is technically on the inside..."

Cole then shrugs, as if casting off the worry of distinction.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

23. - Top - End - #323

"You knocked the only one who knows anything out with a mind scrambler" Ernst is unmoved by the treatment of his fellows, his grizzled face remains steady, as does his voice.

Before anything else can be said, Morgan's Knock interrupts.

OCC: Introducing Morgan to the scene here, just to clarify the timeline.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #324

Amiri

"I told them it was Jin Joh Bu Chi Chi Fah Joh*, but they only let me out when summit breaks." Amiri's bonds were released, and he curled up as his mucle control returned. He rolled over on shaky arms and slowly stood.
    "I'm obliged to you" Amiri began to rub his sore wrists and ankles, and slowly stretch his limbs. He had to lean on the engine to do it, but his hands were already dirty with grease and oil.

He glanced over at TAP.
    "I'm guessing you're the Engineers for the other ships? Where are we? And if you don't mind me asking, who are you and what do you intended to do with me now?"

*“choosing to sip the wine of penalty over that of
    respect.”

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #325

Cole

Cole stopped mid-rebuttal as the knock on the door sounds. When Morgan enters, the more verbal soldier nods to the other.

"Morgan.", Cole stated in greeting. "Seems like these ones ain't no longer of any use to us. You reckon Cap'n Jack wants us to bleed 'em out?"
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

Morgan
    MedBay

Morgan blinks and looks over the claim-jumpers, then gestures to their empty holsters, taking a gun out of his own belt with the other hand.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Terry for my irate Nightmare Alchemist Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Creed, you guys are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

27. - Top - End - #327

Cole

Slightly upset that he wasn't getting results, the soldier grabbed his armor and made to leave.

"Well, I guess we better find Jack." Cole happened to catch his visage in one of the wall mirrors before he left the room. What he saw there caused him to stammer for a moment; though he left the room before he began to blush. The second he was out of the MedBay, he wiped his cheek on the sleeve of his shirt.

"Dammit, Sia... I wish you'ad told me I had gorram lipstick on my face fore I went in there!"
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-12-12 at 06:39 PM.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

28. - Top - End - #328
    Troll in the Playground

Lei

Oh! 我的名字是雷铁翼, 和他的名字是 Tap。 我们是工程师在Alpha Panda。We're at the Lullabelle Mine. As for what we're doing with you, I guess that's up to the captain. Ummm, you don't have any particular attachment to this ship, do you. I feel bad for her, but we do sorta need the parts. She gestures to the tools.

Spoiler
    Show
    我的名字是雷铁翼, 和他的名字是 Tap。 我们是工程师在Alpha Panda = My name is Lei Tie Yi, and his name is Tap.

Discord Tag #4097

29. - Top - End - #329

Amiri

Amiri looked around at the ship. What he could see of it in the dark and grime.
    "This peice of Feh Wu?*"

Amiri smiled, and finished rubbing his wrists. Able to stand, he was towerd over by TAP as much as he towered over Lei, but in the cramped engine room, his wiry build compared to TAP was evident. His hair was black, and short, but noticeably when he ran a hand over it, on both palm and back were marred with a starburst burn.

"To be Honest, any part worth anything has been taken, this junker isn't owned by anyone but crooks."

His eyes gleamed as he got talking, and he nodded towards some of the machine tools. Already he was feeling more like an Engineer and less like a slave.

"The Mining gear and equipment is gonna be worth some coin..."

TAP Interrupted
    "What about the ship? She still Fly?"

Amiri craned his neck round. And Up.

"I don't think she will right now, we took some nasty hits on the way in. A few days and she'll limp to port. Give her an overhawl, she might polish up well."

TAP looked thoughtful, while Amiri turned back to Lei.

"Before we meet the Captain, can we find my gear, and my papers? I hope they are still on the ship. I'd offer to guide, but I only know the way to the head and back."
    *Junk

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground

Lei

"Sure! I'll help you look!" Lei pulls a flashlight out of the toolbox, assuming that most of the ship will be poorly lit, and sets off looking low (and lower) for Amiri's gear.

Alertness: (1d10)[4] + Perception (1d6)[1]

Discord Tag #4097