New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Alpha Panda, Serenity RPG IC

Lei
    Bridge

Lei shrugs. "Heave to it is then. I'll keep one hand on the go button." "

As the captain leaves, she flips on the comm system. Alliance Patrol Ship Renown, this is Alpha Panda. We are complying with your order to standby. All our systems read nominal, and we are ready for docking."

Lei puts the guns into standby mode. They won't be able to outshoot a patrol boat for even a second, but crippling the ASREV might make them slow down for long enough for Alpha Panda to make an escape. The airlock could be shut quickly enough to cut the Alliance soldiers off from their ship too. If the captain was a good commander who cared about his men, he would at least take the time to weigh his options before blowing them out of the Black. That was, of course, dependent upon the commander being an officer of high moral character, something that was very possibly not true.
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

2. - Top - End - #482
    Bugbear in the Playground

Approaching Alpha Panda

The ASREV barrel rolls to match the Mantis class vessels' alignment on it's final approach, a showy bit of piloting, allowing no room for error.

In a single smooth motion, the highly advanced docking unit extends to meet the Alpha Panda. Some of the most expensive vacuum resistant memory plastic manages to look like cheap canvas on straw hoops.

Cargo Bay Airlock
    The compliant systems of Alpha Panda obeyed the instructions of the Alliance vessel, and opened when the pressure's equalised each side of the cargo bay door.

The First in were two purple belly grunts. Instead of combat gear, they were in one of the arcane semi-formal uniforms the Londinium crewed ships maintained, mainly as an excuse to keep the hands busy.

Followed by a Young man, wearing a mix of more the standard alliance uniform and the deliberately archaic fashion of the other uniform looking distinctly odd. It's clear the firm grip of the Alliance is a little shaky out here in the black. Though if he swapped his head gear for a regulation service cap, by vid screen, he'd look uniform perfect.

"Who is Captain Oregon?" Asks the baby faced Alliance officer.
    Necromunda Total War:IC
    Necromunda Total War:OC

Spoiler
    Show
    Brair Freeman of Tariola, 4 levels of Ranger.
    Amiri Pakeha Khan, M.Eng Ship's mechanic.

And I'll dance to Tom Payne's bones,
    Dance to Tom Payne's bones,
    Dance in the oldest boots I own,
    to the rhythm of Tom Payne's bones.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack
    Alpha Panda's Cargo Bay

Jack's hand twitches as the purple belly grunts set foot on his ship. Even after all these years, it's hard not to think of them as the enemy; instead of shooting them, however, he contents himself with narrowing his eyes at the officer.

"That would be me," he says, raising a hand slightly. It is not his shooting hand. "How can we assist the Alliance today?"
    Amazing Banshee avatar by Strawberries. Many, many thanks.

4. - Top - End - #484

Alpha Panda's Cargo Bay
    "Ah, Captain" The young LT, with an actors flair clicked his heels together in something approaching a greeting, a punctuation to what became a forward step, hand out held palms down and arms reach from the Former Independent pilot.

"Your currently listed flight path crosses into an Alliance Blockaded space, you are Required by the Anglo-Sino Alliance and Authority of Parliament to redirect and file a new flight plan…"

A moment hung as he drew breath.

"I now require notice of why you have requested permission to cross the Blockade and why prior notice wasn't obtained following the Unification Blockade Policy memorandum. Failure to produce good reason is a Criminal Offence.

His hand was still out stretched.

"Ships Papers Please"

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack
    Alpha Panda's Cargo Bay

Jack fixes the young officer with a level stare for a long moment, before, grudgingly, handing over a leather envelope containing a variety of creatively edited ship's documents.

"They should all be in order," Jack says with very forced off-handedness. "Don't want any trouble here, just want to do the job. Maybe our authorisation just got held up somewhere?" he adds with a shrug.

There's a faint crinkling noise from the packet, not unakin to the kind of crinkling noise a 100-credit note makes.
    Last edited by Aneurin; 2013-03-19 at 01:40 PM.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

"Rich Larssen"
    Alpha Panda Bridge

I can only tell y'all what I done told the folks on yer Bridge not moments 'go, sir. I'm sure as Heavens above that it was 'lliance what told me things'd be smooth as water Regina-side. I filled out my documentation proper an' e'rythang! All I's tryin' t'do is give my brother a right-proper buryin'... I don't want no trouble, says Rich in response to the Alliance completely re-asking the same questions from before.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

7. - Top - End - #487

Alpha Panda's Cargo Bay"
    The Young LT examined the papers, and withdrew a couple of folded cortex sheets, which folded like animated origami. He seemed to be checking the documentation, but was satisfied in moments, too short for a cortex search to have returned anything from out of the system.

He returned the data sheets to his pocket, and there was no sound, not a crinkle or rustle to indicate he had also taken the credit note.

"Very well Captain, I see you have everything in order your end. Honestly, the Corone Mining Consortium have created a problem and are expecting us to enforce a blockade to fix it for them. It's a terrible waste of credits don't you think. But I suppose it does make work fortus both."

He glanced over at the "Body" not wanting to get a closer examination.

"My Condolences Mr Larssen,"

He turned back to Captain Oregon.

"You have clearance, but will be required to file your exit flight plan with the Renown"

With that, the young Alliance officer turned, and left, flanked by his two slightly ridiculous looking grunts, the air lock cycled, and a calm extended across the cargo bay. The purple belly's had left the ship.
    Last edited by Adlan; 2013-03-20 at 02:52 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack
    Alpha Panda's Cargo Bay

He scowls after the purplebellies.

"I do believe that man intends for us to bribe him again when we leave," Jack says grimly, shooting the closed airlock a distasteful glance. "Well, we'll deal with that when the time comes - though I am inclined to just shoot him and rabbit, if it comes to it. I hope like hell this job is worth it.

Anyway,"
    he goes on, walking over to the intercom and opening a channel to the bridge. "Lei, we've got a green light for landing, but they want us to file an outbound flight plan with them. Mind sending them one? And keep your eye on that patrol boat - Alliance guarantees aren't worth the spit it takes to say them,"

9. - Top - End - #489
    Titan in the Playground

Sia
    Medbay

Having managed to keep herself calm for the 'inspection,' Sia goes back to her medbay and pulls an interesting collection of drugs from a small gyro. Clicking the vial into the incetor, she goes back to the main hold where Cole sleeps his time away.

Timing here was critical. Too soon, and he would wake up if the Alliance came back.

Too late, and she won't be going to dinner with anyone.

"How long till we hit atmo?"

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"I do not believe that would be advisable." Adrian turns to Jack
    "Forgery carries a lesser penalty and is somewhat more subtle. You might even hold hopes for it not to be detected until he attempts to actually pay with it...." he smiles
    check out my metal band: http://www.facebook.com/Dreamslain

Wash: "Sweetie, we're crooks. If everything were right, we'd be in jail."

11. - Top - End - #491
    Troll in the Playground

Lei

"How long till we hit atmo?"

"I'll be taking it slow with Alliance looking over our shoulder, so give it 20 minutes. 21 minutes, 37 seconds, if you want precision.

The blue and orange designated flight plan stretches out, and Lei settles Alpha Panda in nice and easy.

"Lei, we've got a green light for landing, but they want us to file an outbound flight plan with them. Mind sending them one? And keep your eye on that patrol boat - Alliance guarantees aren't worth the spit it takes to say them,"

"Sure. I'll keep a few passive sensors pointed at them. If they suddenly go hot, we'll know, but we won't be throwing anything suspicious towards them. How sensible and true do you want the outbound plan to be?"

Lei's mid-bulk transport piloting (1d12)[1] + Alpha Panda's agility with Lei at the wheel (1d12)[8]+(1d2)[2]

Discord Tag #4097

12. - Top - End - #492

AlphaPanda Bridge

The view rolled as the belly flop lurch of the Mantis Class finishing it's re-entry spun the ship so one again the planet was below instead of above them. The Com issued forth Amiri's voice from the engine room.

"Everything is Zuògōng jīngxì*"

*Working fine

At the same time, the Frisco Port Authority beacon begins to flash on Lei's Control panel.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack
    Alpha Panda's Cargo Bay

Jack pauses a moment as he takes in to consideration Lei's flight plan.

"Think of five legal routes off this rock, then send them your least favourite. After that, pick five illegal routes off of here and give me your favourite,"

He turns to the others, grinning slightly. Despite the anger and loathing inspired by the Alliance officer on his ship, he's starting to feel good about this - spitting in the eye of authority is so much more fun if authority's given you a fresh reason to hate it.

"Alright, you heard the lady. We're inserting in twenty, so hang on to your lunches and get ready to go dirt-side. I want us ready to dump this cargo and collect our pay the second we touch down,"

14. - Top - End - #494
    Titan in the Playground

Greg
    Alpha Panda Cargo Bay

You want me t'stick with these threads 'til we're pushin' Black 'gain, Cap'n, or can I git inta somethin' more practical? asks Greg, gesturing to his threadbare blue sweater and poorly maintained jeans.
    My Homebrew
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack
    Alpha Panda's Cargo Bay

Jack shrugs slightly; either the deception has already worked or failed, so there's no difference either way.

"Change if you like; just nothing that's too strange," he pauses for a moment, recalling some of the fashions he's seen on the various planets. "Actually, just use your best judgement,"
    Last edited by Aneurin; 2013-03-23 at 01:45 PM.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

Greg
    Alpha Panda Cargo Bay

I'll just go back t'wearin' the, brown, uh, coat. Sir. He leaves for his private cargo container to remove his "Rim World Hick" outfit.
    My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Adrian Starr
    Alpha Panda bridge

Adrian walks from the cargo bay up to the bridge and looks at the Alliance vessel as it disconnects from Alpha Panda
    "Always uplifting to observe how all my men died for is urinated on by these miscreants..." he speaks in disgust.
    check out my metal band: http://www.facebook.com/Dreamslain

Wash: "Sweetie, we're crooks. If everything were right, we'd be in jail."

18. - Top - End - #498
    Troll in the Playground

Lei
    Bridge of Alpha Panda

Lei smiles. "Well, chuanzhang, orbital mechanics being what they are, the illegal routes are about the same as the legal routes, only we go a lot faster, go to to blackout, and don't tell anybody we're leaving. At least if you want to make it to another civilized place under our own power. If you want really dangerous, I can give you a route that burns all our fuel, moves us wéixiǎn de kuài, and hopefully points us at somewhere they won't be wanting to shoot at us. It'll only work yīnwèi wǒ shì fēicháng cōngmíng de." With a few clicks, the legal, Alliance-approved, safe and cautious lanes appear on-screen. Lei mutters to herself for a few moments, fingers wiggling and eyes flashing to and fro across equations only she can see. She inputs her calculations into the computer, and four of the Alliance-approved routes are joined by a deep red line with steeper curves and a dozen warning signs that are quickly dismissed. A fifth line juts straight out from the planet, with various warnings for imminent danger, injury, and death plastered all around it. Lei dismisses those as well. The computer could say whatever it wanted; the Alliance safety guidelines were written in so deeply she would never quite be able to get rid of them, and they were occasionally useful. The safety overrides had been removed flawlessly though.

wéixiǎn de kuài = dangerously fast
    yīnwèi wǒ shì fēicháng cōngmíng de =because I'm extraordinarily clever.

@Adlan: Mind rolling for me so I don't know how good Lei's calculations are? More exciting and dangerous that way.
    Intelligence (Math Whiz) + Astrogation 1d12 + 1d2 + 1d10

Discord Tag #4097

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

Sia
    Medbay

Sia counts down another five minutes, then injects Cole with the counter-drugs. She then goes over to the cabinet and gets a bedpan, placing it next to her love. Then all she can do is wait until everything starts working again.

Or goes horribly wrong...

Spoiler
    Show
    I was operating under the belief that my earlier roll would cover bringing him back out again, but if you'd like Adlan, I can make another roll.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

20. - Top - End - #500
    Firbolg in the Playground

Cole
    Medbay

Cole bolts upright and inhales sharply, balling up his fists and tensing like he was going to swing as his fight or flight instinct kicked in upon regaining consciousness. A small bark-like scream escaped his lips as he began to blink rapidly and gaze around the medical bay with a lack of understanding as to just where he is and what was going on.

"Wha... what's wrong, Sia?! Why didn't it work?!"
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall
    "I am not a warrior." "Very soon... you will be."
    - Conversation between Ahmad ibn Fadlan and Herger the Joyous

21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground

Sia
    Medbay

Sia sits alone in the medbay, listening to the monitors start beeping faster.

And faster.

Signs of life emerge from Cole. He takes in a breath, then another. His skin starts to color again.

"Wha... what's wrong, Sia?! Why didn't it work?!"

"It did, 玩具熊. And I must say, the sight of you in my purple dress is something I will treasure forever."

Spoiler
    Show
    玩具熊: Teddy Bear

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

22. - Top - End - #502

Cole
    Medbay

"Very funny, mei mei. But on the serious side of things, I don't think it did work. I remember just now lyin' down on the table, you didn't even put me in no box for the Alliance to..."

Cole's eyes went wide and he scrambled to his feet and took a full step away from the bed. He faltered and his arm floundered out behind him, catching the edge of the bed just in time... though the soldier still went down to his knees.

"Ughh... my gorram head! My stomach don't feel too good neither."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

Sia
    Medbay

Standing up, Sia brought the bucket over to Cole.

"Here, love."

Sia turned to leave so Cole could have some privacy. As she was stepping through the door, she turned back.

"You know the dress I'm talking about, Cole. The one with al the frills."

She shuts the door with a quick, "Jack took pictures."
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2013-04-02 at 02:34 PM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack
    Alpha Panda's Cargo Bay

"I was thinking of you just ignoring whatever local flight restrictions they may have, but whatever works. Don't get us all killed, mei mei. That's an order,"

Alpha Panda's Captain's Cabin

Carelessly, Jack rubs Cap'n Rogue's flank as she sprawls across his lap in a contented to heap. His sleeves are rolled up, and he's resting his head against the wall - feeling, more than hearing, the soothing throb of the engines that prevades the entire ship.

To one side lies his much-loved and well-cared-for cutlass, complete with ornate sheath. The hand-guard is marked with the Chinese character for 'Independence', moulded into the bronzed steel. The sheath itself has, in English, 'Freedom' emblazoned on either side.

Normally, he'd be up on the bridge for an entry sequence; but the encounter with the Alliance officer has upset and unsettled him more than he cares to admit. It's been a long, long time since Jack last dealt with the Alliance up close and personal like this.

"Seven years..." he whispers. "And I miss you more every day,"
    Last edited by Aneurin; 2013-04-02 at 03:10 PM.

25. - Top - End - #505

Alpha Panda Bridge

As Alpha Panda's flight path brings you close to the Port Authority Becaon, you are close enough for a short, tight band signal, untraceable to higher orbit scanning.

“This is Frisco Port Authority! Gau guhn! The whole town’s turned out to Jah Yoh you.There’s a band and everything! Mr.Blake’s hopin’ you’ll give a speech whenyou land — you know, to get everyone’s spirits up and all. Ta Ma Duh — you’re cleared to land. See you in the world!”

The transmission ends abruptly, presumably so as not to attract the attention of the Alliance if they happened to be looking closely. Tagged on the signal are the co-ordinates of what must presumably be the landing field.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #506
    Troll in the Playground

Lei
    Bridge of Alpha Panda

Lei locks on to the landing coordinates, taking manual control instead of simply allowing the ship to land itself. Alpha Panda was more than capable, but Lei is taking the ship in slow and easy, less likely to alert the Alliance that something isn't quite right.

As they enter atmo, the gravity starts to become more noticeable. Maybe the ones that were born and raised dirtside, wouldn't notice it, but the gravity of a planet always felt different, more restrictive. Lei knew that was nonsense, gravity was gravity, but it always just made her feel...droopy. She swore the ship didn't care for it either, groaning and creaking as the planet grasped for the ungainly craft. The asteroid hadn't been so bad. Those people were spacers like her, and the surroundings familiar. Planetside though, that was uncomfortable. It was noisy, dirty, and beyond all, crowded.

The first time Lei had encountered so many people was when she had been forcibly conscripted. All her life, it had just been her extended family and those that they brought aboard on the ship. Then the Alliance had come and shoved her on to a planet with the thousand other "recruits" they had rounded up that week. During training, the others had wanted to use their limited leave to explore the Core, see the cities they had heard so much about. Not Lei; she just wanted to get back into space. The next time they had let her out into the black though, they had stuck her in front of a control panel and told her to wreak havoc on Independent ships. The other EWOs treated it like a game, but Lei knew that there were people in those ships, and that the ships themselves were screaming as the cannons cracked them open.

Lei aims a tight band comm blast back. "This is Alpha Panda. We hear you and are receiving your signal. We'll do the party after we offload our shipment. Please prepare to receive." Lei then quickly switches off external comms and active scanners, with only a lock on the landing field coordinates, vision, and intuition guiding her. She speaks into the internal comm, "We have coordinates and a friendly greeting. Prep for landing."

Discord Tag #4097

27. - Top - End - #507

Cole
    Medbay

It took several long minutes for Cole to get his feet back under him in anything resembling a solid manner. When he did, he slowly made his way back to his and Sia's bunk to shower and change. He still felt a little... off... and wanted to lie down for a few minutes, before they touched down and would all be going dirtside.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

28. - Top - End - #508

FRISCO
    Twin ridges of peaks run from the east curving back into the length of the mountain range that runs north and south, forming a dry bowl. The towering mountains on the west side are scarred by a prominent mining operation:
    the hoist house, dump and rail line are clearly visible as you approach.

Near it is the town of Frisco. Seen from the air, it looks as though
    a child had carefully drawn two straight, well planned streets and then suddenly tired of the work and began scribbling roads and trails in all directions. The straight streets contain the more prominent — and permanent — buildings. These streets form a “T” with the shorter avenue at the top bumping up against the hillside below a large industrial installation. The base of the “T” — the longer street — runs from the single intersection of the town all the way south to what is grandiosely called “Frisco Port Authority” — a train station servicing three small landing pads. As you follow the beacon to the central landing platform, you can clearly see that many of the townsfolk have gathered there and are waving up at the ship. You can also see that they are too close to the landing pad.

It's a bit busy for a smuggling mission, and it'll be hard to avoid knocking them over with the ships downdraft.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yup, Lei that's a hard piloting roll please. If you even want to bother avoiding the townsfolk.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #509
    Troll in the Playground

Lei
    Bridge of Alpha Panda

Lei grumbles 污垢肏人...can't they keep out of the way? She flips on the external PA. "We're happy to see you to, but you need to clear the landing pad! We're coming down and we don't want to land on you!"

Landing: Alpha Panda's Agility (1d12)[7] + (1d2)[1] + Lei's piloting (1d12)[5]

污垢肏人= dirt [having sex with] people

Discord Tag #4097

30. - Top - End - #510

Frisco Town Landing Field

The whole town seems to be here, as if you were guests of honour not smugglers, there's a band, and a man with a very nice sash and a podium set up nearby. I guess they are expecting someone to give that speech.

A few hats are blown off by the breeze, but Alpha Panda sets down as gently as a mid bulk transport can.

Spoiler
    Show