New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Alpha Panda, Serenity RPG IC

Stirling 'Shooter' Young
    Lullabelle Mine Entrance

Shooter had his back to a barrel that he supposed stood uneasily between him and whoever this potshot-ty idiot was. His right hand was wrapped tightly around his pistol, the index finger fully extended so as to not squeeze the trigger by accident.

He listened to the tense exchange between his crewmates and the local. And he tried to restrain himself - he really did - but to no avail.

'Hey, mister! I don't particularly care what you have to say, and I don't particularly care how the Cap'n wants to answer you! What I do know is this: if you take one more shot in mah general direction, be it in warning or anger, I will kill you. Stone dead. So one ship, two ships or ten ruttin' ships, you better situate yourself with the Good Lord, if you let your peashooter make noise again.'

Shooter's breathing was rapid but steady. It was good to feel a little danger, every now and then. Good for the soul.
    The secret of being a bore is to tell everything.

Pax Respublica: An Exercise in World Building

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack
    Alpha Panda's bridge

Jack's just walking back on to the bridge, cloth in hand, when he notices one of the sensors beeping. A quick check at the station has him cursing under his breath. He picks up the communicator again;

"Well, boys and girls, looks like we have some company heading our way. Our friendly rivals are working through docking procedures; though if their coupling's like the piece of luh suh we docked with, we've got a few minutes to wrap things up," with the other hand, Jack opens up cortex access and pulls up the specifications for the ship, occasionally glancing at the image on the screen.

"...she's a Griffen class. Looks like an ex-blockie to me, though most Griffens are. Usual crew complement is between two and six, though they could be packing more in the hold and passenger bunks. Either way, I want us gone before they touch down, dohn ma?"

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lullabelle Mine Entrance Docking Couple #1
    As Lei made her way down, pistol outstretched, and Jack's Com message went out, another figure made his way out from the house, running towards the other.

'Sam, Sam!' A short, stubby, balding man in a pair of dirty overalls ran out to join the other, a pistol held loosely at his side.

'The other Ship is Commin' into dock too!'

"Iff'n you are peaceable types, tell your other ship not to dock, makes a man mighty nervous, Makes Ryan here think you're claim jumpers. " Sam says, looking at Shooter, but his eyes betray his fear.
    Necromunda Total War:IC
    Necromunda Total War:OC

Spoiler
    Show
    Brair Freeman of Tariola, 4 levels of Ranger.
    Amiri Pakeha Khan, M.Eng Ship's mechanic.

And I'll dance to Tom Payne's bones,
    Dance to Tom Payne's bones,
    Dance in the oldest boots I own,
    to the rhythm of Tom Payne's bones.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Greg
    Lullabelle Mine Entrance

No one is shootin' anyone. We just need t'pick up our package an' leave. We work for Badger. The ship what's dockin' now? They're our competition. They ALSO work for Badger. To make sure his goods arrived in a timely-like fashion, he's havin' us compete t'get the goods delivered. Only the ship with the goods gets paid, un'nerstand? We'd show y'all the Wave he sent us a few hours ago, 'cept that'd take too long an' the other ship will be docked by then. He strides forward from the rest of the group, holding his right hand behind him in a staying motion. We can't call off the other ship. That'd be like two folks bein' in a horse race, and the winner tells the loser t'stop racin'. Either y'all give us the goods now, an' we're on our way peaceably. Or y'all stall fer a few more minutes, an' our crew an' theirs might have a disagreement of an unpleasant nature in your fine settlement. S'up t'you.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

5. - Top - End - #215

Lullabelle Mine
    Ryan's eyes widen with fear at Greg's approach, but Sam's eyes narrow, immediate action to ensure his survival means cowardice just heightens his senses.

"Now... Tarnation!"

"Package?!"

Sam Hawkes took in a deep breath.

"How by Buddah's Ass am I supposed to give you 150 Ton's of Ice in a few minutes?"

His gaze was steady.

"As for Badger sending two ships... why the 熊貓尿* should he? How do I know you haven't bushwacked Cap'n Griffith's and tortured the ID# out of him?"

*Panda Piss (Shiong mao niao)

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Greg
    Lullabelle Mine Entrance

Greg takes out his comm. Cap'n? Must as y'all'd like, this ain't gunna be a matter o' minutes on our end. We're haulin' 150 tons a maudit ice. So, s'lookin' like we're gunna have ta show these folks Badger's original Wave so's we can ascertain that we're in the right here.
    My Homebrew
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

7. - Top - End - #217
    Firbolg in the Playground

Cole
    Lullabelle Mine Entrance

Cole activated his community and radioed for the captain. "Jack... why don't me and Morgan and Shooter head on over to the t'other dock and ask them boys n's girls to leave. We'll be real nice and polite... that is, if these pi shung mao bunwah ninnies will finally let us into their pretty little ice house, that is."

The soldier eyed Sia's face, to gauge her opinion on the matter without having to ask.
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall
    "I am not a warrior." "Very soon... you will be."
    - Conversation between Ahmad ibn Fadlan and Herger the Joyous

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack
    Alpha Panda's bridge

"Well, this is turning out to be a fun milk run. Hold tight for a few, I'll see what I can do about stalling the others. If this goes south, I don't want you scattered across their igloo.

"I'll feed the sound track down to the airlock - those two aren't setting one foot on my ship for the vid, though, so they'll have to settle for that,"

Jack stretches and walks across to the comm's station - then he pauses. An old blockade runner... could be worth a try. A few moments groping in the dusty recesses of the underside of the captain's terminal, and he locates the switch. To anyone outfitted with an U-war scanning system, the Panda will now flag up with a - very outdated - Independent IFF code.

Feeling unaccountably cheerful, Jack hails the incoming ship.

"Howdy, this is Captain Jack Oregon of the Mantis-class Evac and Supply ship Alpha-Panda. Been more than a few years since I saw a Griffin flying, thought most of them bought it back during the War. Though by the looks of things, yours might just've," Jack grins. "Mind me asking you your business here? We have a few trigger happy yokels down here who get all intimidated by spaceships, and sure would like to know what you're up to. Don't want either of us being shot at 'cause a few hicks are going brown-pants down there,"

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Sia
    Lullabelle Mine Entrance

Sia looked up at Cole as the big man turned to look at her. Her eyes are still puffy from crying before. She shakes her head, unwilling to trust her voice. But with a smooth motion, she sweeps back the hem of her brown coat to reveal her pistol holstered at her hip.

She bites her lower lip, as though unsure of what she would say if she were to speak.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Lei
    Alpha Panda's Airlock

"As for Badger sending two ships... why the 熊貓尿* should he? How do I know you haven't bushwacked Cap'n Griffith's and tortured the ID# out of him?"

Lei's eyes go wide at the simple suggestion of that sort of act.

Because we're not terrible people, that's how you know! Really, would we have tried walking of peaceful like if we some bloodthirsty lunatics? All we wanted was to come here, drink frilly pink umbrella drinks, and finish the job!
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

11. - Top - End - #221

Alpha Panda's Bridge

The Sensor Read out shows the other ship closing steadily, engaging with the auto coupler. No response on the com from them.

Lullabelle Mine
    The tense atmosphere is cut as the #2 docking coupler activates automatically. With an artificial chime and glowing lights. Soon, atmospheres will equalise and there will be a third party to this situation.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Greg
    Lullabelle Mine Entrance

Morgan, Shooter, Cole, y'all heard the Cap'n. Head on over t'the other airlock, since it seems our attempts t'otherwise convince the competition to give up have been... inadequate. Not too close, though, case they feel like comin' in guns blazin' an' askin' questions later. As the Captain feeds the original track of Badger's Wave into the airlock, he turns to face the locals. Happy? We work fer Badger. Who they work fer, we can't say fer sure.
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Morgan
    Lullabelle Mine Entrance

Morgan nods and breaks into a jog, headed for the dock for the other ship, keeping his pistols drawn. He's a mite slower in all the armor he's wearing, but should be able to make it on time.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Terry for my irate Nightmare Alchemist Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Creed, you guys are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

14. - Top - End - #224

Docking Couple #2
    Fulton “Fox” Daley turned to his posse, consisting of Evan, Jack, and Mordecai Steadman.

"You heard the Com Message they sent, Evac and Supply, probably a bunch of do-gooders picking up water for a rescue project."

He turned and looked at each of the Steadman Brothers. Each had their pistol drawn and ready for violence. The last member of his crew was Ernest Ludlow, a hired gun who's own weapon was handled with far more experience than most.

"They ain't expecting us, and the plan's still solid. They'll be the distraction."

The lights changed as the airlock finally finished it's cycle, and the five members of the Maria Celeste's crew could see out into the interior of the Mines Dom.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Greg
    Lullabelle Mine

The tactician doesn't pull out his crossbow just yet. Instead, he approaches the airlock bold as brass, knowing he has the Panda's best shots backing him up. He gives his counterpart a friendly smile. Hello gentlemen! Greg Reaufort of the Alpha Panda, he says, extending his hand to shake with their leader.
    My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #226

Lullabelle Mine

As the two residents peeped out from cover in their central home, the forces from Alpha Panda reacted to the Activity at Docking Coupler #2.

Unfortunately too slow, as the five men acts with speed and agression.

"I prefer Quieter Hostages" Their Leader, a thin, red haired man, said, all five of them had their pistols drawn, and two of the Steadman brothers had Greg, the closest target, covered near instantly. They were pasty faced and shaven headed, 3 of them, classic thugs, obviously related. The last member of the crew was different, harder, rougher, and looking all around for targets.

"Hands up, and you'll walk out of here alive"
    Last edited by Adlan; 2012-11-23 at 11:27 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

Lei
    Alpha Panda's Airlock

Lei yells out to the yokels, "See! We're the good guys here! We don't know who this Captain Griffiths is, we certainly didn't do anything to him, and now we're having guns drawn on us just for trying to talk! Now, would you please help us?

Discord Tag #4097

18. - Top - End - #228

Lullabelle Mine
    The short tubby one of the pair turns, and dashes from cover to back inside the house. "Jio Weh Sung Chiuh*,"

The other, Sam, lowers his gun and cautiously, staying as low as only a former soldier or solid coward can. "They's after our Claim!" He calls out as he trys to get eyes on the events at Docking Coupler #1.

*36 Stratagems... in other words, Run.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack
    Alpha Panda's bridge

"Incoming ship, please respond. Dammit!" Jack slams down the comm set in frustration; with the other ship not responding, all he can do is watch the feed as the other ship docks.

Don't be a fight, don't be a fight, don't be a-

The grainy vid feed shows the men coming from the other ship as pointing something at Greg.

Ah, hell.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

Lei
    Lullabelle Mine

Lei enters the main area, sidling along the side away from the other airlock. She calls out to the men in the building I'm coming over; I just want to talk. She makes no effort to hide the pistol in her hand, but she doesn't announce it either.

Discord Tag #4097

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Adrian Starr
    Alpha Panda bridge

A knock is heard on the doorframe of the bridge and Adrian enters asking:
    "Excuse me, but I have to inquire what is going on?"
    check out my metal band: http://www.facebook.com/Dreamslain

Wash: "Sweetie, we're crooks. If everything were right, we'd be in jail."

22. - Top - End - #232

Cole
    Lullabelle Mine - Exterior

Moving to some sort of cover, whether it be rock or crate or otherwise, Cole motions for Sia to stay behind him. The soldier gets himself into what he feels is a defendable position and chambers his shotgun.

"Why don't you lower your pieces from my man, Greg, there and step back onto your hun shing hunk o' junk. And if you decide that my threatening demeanor and this here scattergun ain't enough to convince you...well then, me and mine just might have to change your minds for you."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

23. - Top - End - #233

Lullabelle Mine
    "Get Down!"
    Sam looked up at Lei, fear whitening his face. "You work for Badger?" Hope was in his question. "Y'all gotta help protect us, we been tradin' through Persephone since Corone involved the Purple Bellies."

His grip tightened and relaxed on the grip of his handgun.

"Y'all will help me and Ryan Won't ya?"

Docking Couple #2 Entrance

Whatever Fox was expecting, it wasn't someone dressed for full combat, backed by what looked like experienced gunmen and lead by some mad gibbering fool who was surrendering.

*Waiting on Greg's post or PM for the Surrendering and the attempted Glove Attack*

Fox lay on the ground, and his two henchmen looked on in stunned surprise. Both Jerked their triggers, two shots flying out with only one destination at this close range.... Greg's fragile body.

As he falls prone, Greg still manages to pull off one subtle trick. White smoke billows out from him like his soul was leaving, until it's apparent it's a smoke grenade. Thick and heavy, it hangs in the Dome. surrounding and shrounding the five attackers.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grace
    Alpha Panda, Bridge

Grace appears behind Adrian, her face laid out in well-worn wrinkles of worry, her now empty hands clasped tightly together. "Say, Jack, did I hear shootin'?"

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack
    Alpha Panda's bridge

Jack rubs his forehead as he watches the scene unfold, then swivels in his chair to look at Adrian and Grace.

"We've got a little trouble dirt side. I guess you didn't hear, but we have some competition for this job; that ship over there. She's no responding to my hails, and it looks like they're here to cause trouble. The locals aren't acting very friendly towards us, either. So... yeah. Bit of a situation, and a bit of shooting going on. Give me a moment, will you?" Jack adds, reaching over to flick a switch on his console; and little amber light comes on next to it.

A moment later, orange lights begin flashing all over the ship and a crackling female voice issues from the speakers, repeating; "Amber alert. All crew report to level two battle stations," in English and Mandarin. There's a pneumatic hiss as the airlocks and bulkheads seal themselves across the ship. They'll still open to anyone with a code, however.

"It's overkill, I know," Jack says, with a glance at the others. "But when you've been shot at as often as I have, you learn not to take chances with things like vacuums and projectile weaponry. Grace, can you run the sensors for me? Just in case there's more unfriendliness in the skies. Adrian; see what you can find out about that ship and her crew for me,"

26. - Top - End - #236

Cole
    Lullabelle Mine - Exterior

As the two dun shen ming laos fire at Greg, Cole doesn't hesitate, leveling his shotgun at the nearest to him and squeezing the trigger nice and easy like. Immediately following the volley of lead from the first shot, he cycles the action and moves forward, intent on grabbing Greg and dragging him back to cover.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Morgan
    Lullabelle Mine

Something clicks in Morgan's head when he hears the gunshots ring out. To some, they incite panic and fear, anger, frustration and sorrow. To Morgan Blake, there was no symphony as sweet as gunshots ringing out.
    His own instruments were already in his hands as he fired into the enemy, standing straight and tall to attract any attention he could.
    It wasn't about getting them to ignore Cole, who was still dragging Greg to cover.
    It was about giving these under-armed and outgunned scumbags a chance to actually hit him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Terry for my irate Nightmare Alchemist Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Creed, you guys are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

Lei
    Main Residence of the Lullabelle Mine

Lei smiles. "Of course we'll help you. That's what we're here for. Well, we're here to do a job for Badger, but that job involves helping you, so the end result is the same. Now, if you want me to help, I'm going to need full access to your computer systems. I'm assuming your airlock is hooked to and interfacing with that other ship?

Discord Tag #4097

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Sia
    Eight Years ago.
    Battle of Lortha's Reach.

"See 'em run away? Tha's right you Purple-bellied sons of Shānyáng! Run!"

Sia didn't bother listening to the sergeant yelling. She was too busy going through the wounded still alive in the bunker. She left markers on them so other soldiers could transport them back to the hospital. Another blast of gunfire sounded followed by an explosion that caused pieces of concrete and steel to fall on the wounded and herself. When she looked up, she saw the young sargeant on the ground, bleeding from a wound that would kill him if she didn't do anything right now.

Now

Sia didn't even blink as the shots rang out. She watched as Greg fell, and saw Cole rush over to pull him to safety. She ran over to the cover where Greg was getting dragged behind, and readied herself for the worst.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shānyáng: Goats
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2012-11-24 at 03:56 AM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

30. - Top - End - #240
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grace
    Alpha Panda, Bridge

Grace's eyes widen as she glances at the cockpit windows which from this angle only show the Black through the geometric web of the dome. Her hands are so tightly entwined that her knuckles have turned white, but she just says: "Okay, Jack."

She sits down at the sensor station, running her practical hands over the worn controls, switching up the outer array.