New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Technical advice for designing a lodge

In our current campaign the five adventurers and I are looking to create a Lodge. Now starting off we don't have a bunch of extra money to spend so it will have to start off small and will have to grow as our coffers do.

But I need some advice on how it should be laid out. It needs to start with like a common room with a bar and area for meals, and some rooms for rent. But I need some architectural advice on how to design and come up with a good layout for it. I hope to be able to create secret passage ways and other fun goodies as we go.

The other thing being what are some good ideas for additions onto a lodge other than more rooms for rent?

Any links to something that could be inspirational, or advice/ideas would be greatly appreciated

And I posted in this forum because I'm aiming for esthetic advice, along with technical for this project.
    Last edited by Drizzcon; 2012-11-09 at 12:43 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Technical advice for designing a lodge

look up layouts of old castles ect, there are a lot of floorplans online of historic buildings.

a blacksmith nearby would be good, as well as private meeting rooms people could rent. A good stage for Bards to perform on. that can be converted to a ring for fights.
    Writer, editor. See my works at http://theleakingpen.net