New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

gah make the webcomic archive binges stoooooooooooop. I GET ALL "damnit 6 years ago was so much better" and ----/stuff.

@The Coid-EVERYTHING! But mostly Questionable Content, cuz bored and too late-to-go-out-hours make high school student be nostalgic of years past and also "meh". As a feeeeeeling. I am also tired.

#Thumblord
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-10-22 at 11:03 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    gah make the webcomic archive binges stoooooooooooop. I GET ALL "damnit 6 years ago was so much better" and ----/stuff.
    What are you binging on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

I feel dissipated, and cheerless. Nor cardamom, nor budgie-nibbles, nor even this erudite discussion of classical Rome can replenish my vim.

I put out this general plea for help with my depleted mojo.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    I didn't technically go 'camping', but I did go away. We just call it a camp because of traditional reasons that I can't explain.
    My community band went up to Childers over the weekend for a concert with local bands up there. And an amazing concert it was. The audience was particularly pleased with our playing of the 1812 Overture.
    Then we came home, stopping on the way for ice cream (Mmmm... Boysenberry...) and at the Gympie Gold Mining Museum where we ate our lunch.
    I did manage to find a few small specks of gold.
    I should have taken a camera to photograph the magnificent Jacarandas outside the museum, but alas, I always forget to take one on these trips.
    Thank you for sharing the story, and congratulations on your performance. How big is a small speck? I am a Child of Mammon; I love gold.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Firbolg in the Playground

I read the entire archives of SMBC once.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Wuff. The only time I was small enough for that kind of thing was when I was a baby, Moonie.
    I am... vertically challenged. I was old enough to be able to fully remember it, and I was also old enough to write things, as I remember writing (and found it some time ago before losing it again) a note that I attached to the front sayign all of my mail was to go into the food basket on the outside.

Filly makes no sense, and a english teacher saying that Philia is related to dilly makes negative sense to me... Because ya know, those whole "-philia" suffix we has, ala necrophilia and paedophila etc etc etc THOSE ARE WORDS PEOPLE KNOW WHYYY. Ignorance scary meeee.

You will find that Moonie is a special kind of tiny.

EVERYTHING is an example of having a gay old time.

Most multilingual (and even omnilingual yay me huzzah ignorance of various language and cultural traditions!) forget how to english. Its a slly language. Why I love it so much.

Making idiotic and obscure references is pretty much the only reason I ever consider being a teacher. And also, teaching history is epicsauce and I can try to "make it fuuun" and naive 20-year old teacher feels!!
    Moonie y u noes latin.

Wow, a play? With mythological and epic characters? Tour achool, it sends me muy mixed messages.

HIDEIN DA BOX!
    Indeed. To her credit, she did mentions the Philia-love thing, but then was all like 'but more likely, blahblahblah filly'

Yes. Yes I am. <grumbles>

Woo! I'm totally okay with that!

I only speak English sillyhead.

I don't really know Latin. I just pick up a lot of it, stuff.

I don't even, Mutant, what. Also, what the hell happens to your spelling every night?

I'm too sexy for my box.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    So her mutant power is being tiny? Rough luck there, Moonikins.
    Not a problem. Most of the time. Some of the time. I survive.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #275

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    You lie, as the time spent on Google Translate, trying to find out what you're saying clearly attests to.

Why DID you call me "Your little dragon" in french, anyway?

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

Here's a pic of the gorgeous MOI holding the dictionary, grainly taken form a phone in Pacific Northwest fog-light.

Spoiler
    Show

It's about 3/4 as thick as me, and at the time I was a very little girl. The entire thing fell on my arm at an odd angle, and...

Well, it got popped back into the socket.
    That is a nice dictionary. What does the writing on the front say?
    "The something something Dictionary of the English Language?"

Personally, I love reference books. I am particularly fond of our dictionary.
    It's an old World Book one from the seventies published in two volumes slightly smaller than that with all sorts of interesting things in the front of A-K.

And gilt edges! I just love gilt edges!

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Be glad you didn't watch that one about the It on the train.
    I'm going to have to watch that one again. In fact, I'm going to have to watch all the creepy Doctor Who episodes again...

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Thank you for sharing the story, and congratulations on your performance. How big is a small speck? I am a Child of Mammon; I love gold.
    Thanks.
    And by small speck, I mean small speck.
    How to put this in words... You know sand? About the size of grains of sand.

After all... There is still gold in Gympie, but not at the surface. They mined all that out decades ago. The gold that is left isn't profitable to extract at this time.

I feel dissipated, and cheerless. Nor cardamom, nor budgie-nibbles, nor even this erudite discussion of classical Rome can replenish my vim.

I put out this general plea for help with my depleted mojo.
    General warning of possible ponies through links.

This calls for the big guns. Hugs and adorable artwork, maybe something suitably poetic!
    Unfortunately, none of my own artwork because none of mine is suitable.
    Cue the clarinets.

Sometimes, I forget to feel jaded, despite what's happened in my life. And I think, that's because you bring such a beautiful light to the world.
    So don't cry Kneenibble, because we'll always be here for you and we're not going anywhere. To shelter you from the rain, and if need be, to carry you across the desert.
    And we'll sit together in the warmth and relax with some tea, or maybe coffee.
    Because you'll always be our friend despite what happens. *hugs*

I spent too much time on that. But it was worth it.
    And maybe that song wasn't the best choice...
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

7. - Top - End - #277

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    You lie, as the time spent on Google Translate, trying to find out what you're saying clearly attests to.

Why DID you call me "Your little dragon" in french, anyway?
    Je ne sais pas. En tous cas, je ne peux pas parler francias ici, parce-que ces personnes peuvent parler mieux francais que moi.

Aussi, il y a un regle, nous ne pouvons pas parler des langues mais anglais, ma petite dragon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Forgive me if that was all totally incorrect. I'm still pretty bad with complex sentences.

Also, I hope that a short thing is okay with the rule about other languages, I'll provide what I was attempting to say if need be.

That is a nice dictionary. What does the writing on the front say?
    "The something something Dictionary of the English Language?"

Personally, I love reference books. I am particularly fond of our dictionary.
    It's an old World Book one from the seventies published in two volumes slightly smaller than that with all sorts of interesting things in the front of A-K.

And gilt edges! I just love gilt edges!
    Random House.

Ooh, nice.

Oh, I know! They're... just... NUMMY! ^.^
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-10-23 at 01:39 AM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

General warning of possible ponies through links.

This calls for the big guns. Hugs and adorable artwork, maybe something suitably poetic!
    Unfortunately, none of my own artwork because none of mine is suitable.
    Cue the clarinets.

Sometimes, I forget to feel jaded, despite what's happened in my life. And I think, that's because you bring such a beautiful light to the world.
    So don't cry Kneenibble, because we'll always be here for you and we're not going anywhere. To shelter you from the rain, and if need be, to carry you across the desert.
    And we'll sit together in the warmth and relax with some tea, or maybe coffee.
    Because you'll always be our friend despite what happens. *hugs*

I spent too much time on that. But it was worth it.
    And maybe that song wasn't the best choice...
    Elemental ;_____; *huuugs*

Thank you for your pony-powered artillery of kindness. How could one remain dissipated?

Also the song you linked reminds me of Dvorak's New World Symphony, which brought me back to the happy memory of having seen it in March.

The spectre of my decadent angst is banished.

By the way what will you do with your gold specks?
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-10-23 at 01:47 AM.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground

Random House.

Ooh, nice.

And now that I know what it says, it's perfectly legible.

Indeed. It's very useful.

And how would you know what gilt edges taste like? Have you been eating them?
    They aren't exactly good for you.
    Anyway... Unfortunately, it only has the gilt edges on the top of the pages, which is the part you see before taking it off the shelf. But I don't mind.

Maybe I should get pictures of them... But I don't have a camera on me...
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

10. - Top - End - #280

Je ne sais pas. En tous cas, je ne peux pas parler francias ici, parce-que ces personnes peuvent parler mieux francais que moi.

Aussi, il y a un regle, nous ne pouvons pas parler des langues mais anglais, ma petite dragon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Forgive me if that was all totally incorrect. I'm still pretty bad with complex sentences.

Also, I hope that a short thing is okay with the rule about other languages, I'll provide what I was attempting to say if need be.

Random House.

Ooh, nice.

That should be ok, since it's clearly for a joke in this situation.

Also, one day I will find the answer as to why!

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground

Elemental ;_____; *huuugs*

Thank you for your pony-powered artillery of kindness.

Also the song you linked reminds me of Dvorak's New World Symphony, which brought me back to the happy memory of having seen it in March.

The spectre of my decadent angst is banished.

By the way what will you do with your gold specks?
    I knew there was a reason I favourited those on Deviant Art.
    Really, don't worry about it. I enjoyed looking back through those images. And I thought you'd enjoy them as well. Several have been produced by extremely talented artists and they evoke such emotions. I am particularly fond of the one featuring the fields of tea.

And the song is one we did in High School. Must be four or five years ago now. I've always been fond of it. My instrumental music teacher throughout High School always chose such wonderful songs.
    For once, it was one with an interesting part for Tenor Sax. Usually they're so boring and repetitive.
    Hmm... I have that symphony on CD... I should perhaps listen to it.

As for my gold specks? I returned them to the waters such that others may have the joy of finding them.

Dragons!

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Just to be really evil, even though Ele will hit me (I can guarantee it, I asked him about it)..

EleNibble. Discuss. *awaits death* Just platonic though, but you two are just so cute!

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Just to be really evil, even though Ele will hit me (I can guarantee it, I asked him about it)..

EleNibble. Discuss. *awaits death* Just platonic though, but you two are just so cute!
    Oh no... You're not going to die... You'll just wish you had...

And besides, you can't ship people into platonic relationships. And besides, if a relationship already exists it can't be shipped...

Anyway... Stop shipping me...

*hides in corner, sharpening knives*

Dragons!

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

Buduhwhudah? Shipping platonically? WROOOONG. You gotta make a reaaally awkward love triangle.

I read the entire archives of SMBC once.

I am... vertically challenged. I was old enough to be able to fully remember it, and I was also old enough to write things, as I remember writing (and found it some time ago before losing it again) a note that I attached to the front sayign all of my mail was to go into the food basket on the outside.
    Moonie y u scary.

Moonie was a silly child. Also, writing while that tiny is impressive.

Indeed. To her credit, she did mentions the Philia-love thing, but then was all like 'but more likely, blahblahblah filly'

Yes. Yes I am. <grumbles>

Woo! I'm totally okay with that!

I don't really know Latin. I just pick up a lot of it, stuff.

I don't even, Mutant, what. Also, what the hell happens to your spelling every night?

I'm too sexy for my box.
    But WHYYYYYYYY.

YAY GAY OLD TIMES R HAZ!

Hmn... well I speak it worserer!

Does ANYONE legitimately, truly know Latin, except those poor children who were raised to have it be their first language? That would be a weird childhood.

I dunno speeling hard sometimes. But your school sends mixed messages about its good-school-ness.

Someone saaaay... Snake? *doo doo doo*
    Not a problem. Most of the time. Some of the time. I survive.
    Better den your power being lame-o-rays. Poor Lameclops.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-10-23 at 06:44 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

Buduhwhudah? Shipping platonically? WROOOONG. You gotta make a reaaally awkward love triangle.
    Two Men, 1 Sheep?

You people really make these things far too easy for me.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Two Men, 1 Sheep?

Considering your putting me into a Kneelationship... yes. It is too easy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Two Men, 1 Sheep?

Stop shipping me!
    And besides... Mutant Sheep is only like fifteen! He's much too young for me!

Dragons!

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Stop shipping me!
    And besides... Mutant Sheep is only like fifteen! He's much too young for me!
    He's so adorable though.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    His life was over.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ettin in the Playground

He's so adorable though.
    And there are so many things I could mention here that I won't.

Dragons!

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

And there are so many things I could mention here that I won't.
    Underage-ness?

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

Underage-ness?
    Not just that.
    Let's not go into this.

(Though Mutant is like four or so years younger than me. I think...
    I don't know, he's fifteen or sixteen or something...)

Anyway... I'm going to bed now.
    Goodnight everyone!

Dragons!

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

He's so adorable though.
    I'm not that purty.
    Not just that.
    Let's not go into this.

(Though Mutant is like four or so years younger than me. I think...
    I don't know, he's fifteen or sixteen or something...)

Anyway... I'm going to bed now.
    Goodnight everyone!
    I THOUGHT YOU WUVED ME.

Fifteen and two months.

Away! Elenibblesheep shall be fine without you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

This talk of shipping has me in stitches! Elenibblesheep, it just rolls off the tongue... Oh Mynxae. <3

I'm going to draw a pony, a sheep, and a budgie silhouetted on a hill against a romantic sunset.

I knew there was a reason I favourited those on Deviant Art.
    Really, don't worry about it. I enjoyed looking back through those images. And I thought you'd enjoy them as well. Several have been produced by extremely talented artists and they evoke such emotions. I am particularly fond of the one featuring the fields of tea.
    I like the tea field as well, and the fluid texture of that pony's hair. I wish to visit a tea farm one day, for I hear the emerald green of its vistas is uniquely intense. I have little to offer you in return: there were no ponies in my own favourites accompted long ago; but here, at least, is how I felt after your message.

Unfortunately, instead of going to bed afterwards I decided to turn off all the lights and stay up playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent for a while. Let's just say my real-life sanity metre dropped to about "..." It is not the correct game for somebody who lives alone in a creaky old house

And the song is one we did in High School. Must be four or five years ago now. I've always been fond of it. My instrumental music teacher throughout High School always chose such wonderful songs.
    For once, it was one with an interesting part for Tenor Sax. Usually they're so boring and repetitive.
    Hmm... I have that symphony on CD... I should perhaps listen to it.

As for my gold specks? I returned them to the waters such that others may have the joy of finding them.
    You should listen to it: it's a lovely work. The concert I saw in March had dramatic entreludes between Dvorak [with a campy accent] & characters in his life, and a cinematic preamble detailing Dvorak's journey around America and the influences that went into his composition. Very interesting evening.

You are not afflicted with greed as I am. I would have hoarded the specks and looked for more like a common dwarf.

Someone saaaay... Snake? *doo doo doo*
    Oh my word, that cracked me up mightily. THAT BUTT *scootch scootch*
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-10-23 at 11:40 AM.

24. - Top - End - #294

So, does anyone else get into "is (person) dead?" arguments? I seem to have engaged in at least four of these kinds of discussions in the last month or so.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    So, does anyone else get into "is (person) dead?" arguments? I seem to have engaged in at least four of these kinds of discussions in the last month or so.
    Sometimes, usually about fictional characters.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

He's so adorable though.
    I'm pretty sure I'm (one of) the only playgrounder(s) to have seen Mutant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

27. - Top - End - #297

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    I saw his hand once! Err... Maybe it was a flipper?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

Unfortunately, instead of going to bed afterwards I decided to turn off all the lights and stay up playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent for a while. Let's just say my real-life sanity metre dropped to about "..." It is not the correct game for somebody who lives alone in a creaky old house
    Pfft. My real life sanity meter is measured in co-efficients of i.
    A few odds and ends.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    The measure of Sheep's adorability is not his prettiness: but his inflammably hyperactive & endearingly phrenetic prose.

Your own prettiness, on the other hand, is a quantifiable component to your adorability.

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Pfft. My real life sanity meter is measured in co-efficients of i.
    What does that mean ;___;
    I can't math.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-10-23 at 03:08 PM.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

What does that mean ;___;
    I can't math.
    I meant "i" as in imaginary numbers.
    A few odds and ends.