New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    The measure of Sheep's adorability is not his prettiness: but his inflammably hyperactive & endearingly phrenetic prose.

Your own prettiness, on the other hand, is a quantifiable component to your adorability.

What does that mean ;___;
    I can't math.
    "i" is a term added to the end of a number that has been multiplied by the square root of -1, commonly referred to as imaginary.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

2. - Top - End - #302
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    "i" is a term added to the end of a number that has been multiplied by the square root of -1, commonly referred to as imaginary.
    Mathematically, i *is* the square root of -1, not just something they stick on the end to indicate a complex number. 2i + 4 would be just as valid a way of writing such a number as 4 + 2i is; the latter is more commonly used simply from convention.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

So, so does that mean that Mr. Drexel says his real-life sanity metre is ... ... is doesn't exist?

I am going to smell this Russian rose oil to make me feel better for a little while.

4. - Top - End - #304

I can't math.
    Don't worry Knee, I feel your pain. And I associate with three people who are majoring in some kind of super high tech math that they love to talk about

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ettin in the Playground

So, so does that mean that Mr. Drexel says his real-life sanity metre is ... ... is doesn't exist?
    Mwahahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Mathematically, i *is* the square root of -1, not just something they stick on the end to indicate a complex number. 2i + 4 would be just as valid a way of writing such a number as 4 + 2i is; the latter is more commonly used simply from convention.
    And the two of you said it much better than I did.
    A few odds and ends.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Don't worry Knee, I feel your pain. And I associate with three people who are majoring in some kind of super high tech math that they love to talk about
    Or they took freshman algebra.

AT is one of two grounders who I KNOW has seened me. There is of course, the whole FB group that could like, just look. But i havent facebooked in a Longass time. So i dunno, i never really facebooke and people only ever tag me in my craaappy photos.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post

AT is one of two grounders who I KNOW has seened me. There is of course, the whole FB group that could like, just look. But i havent facebooked in a Longass time. So i dunno, i never really facebooke and people only ever tag me in my craaappy photos.
    Hey, not everyone remembers the silly things from algebra, especially the things that aren't real.

Wait, you let people tag you in crappy pictures? I only approve the good ones.
    A few odds and ends.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Hey, not everyone remembers the silly things from algebra, especially the things that aren't real.

Wait, you let people tag you in crappy pictures? I only approve the good ones.
    Well, it was only last year for me and it gave me alot of trouble until i finally understood it. So its gonna hang there for a while.

I DUNNO HOW FACEBOOKDONT U CEEE?

Also, my computer like, doesnt load facebook right for me anymore and i gaved up since i never facebooked anyway.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Right. So putting it on another number (2i) is the same as that number multiplied by the square root of negative 1 (2 * [square root of negative one]). That's what I said.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

10. - Top - End - #310
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Pfft. My real life sanity meter is measured in co-efficients of i.
    But... the coefficient is just the number before the i. Using the same example, in the expression 2i + 4, the coefficient is just 2. So... your sanity meter is still measured in regular numbers there.
    Yes, I know, I'm a nerd and a nitpicker. So sue me.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-10-23 at 04:44 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    But... the coefficient is just the number before the i. Using the same example, in the expression 2i + 4, the coefficient is just 2. So... your sanity meter is still measured in regular numbers there.
    Yes, I know, I'm a nerd and a nitpicker. So sue me.
    Hey, being a nit-picker is a good thing. It helps to keep us on track.
    A few odds and ends.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Barbarian in the Playground

Freshman algebra? Pfft. Freshman calculus.
    Thanks, Dad!

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Firbolg in the Playground

That should be ok, since it's clearly for a joke in this situation.

Also, one day I will find the answer as to why!
    One day, you will accept that you will never find out.

Moonie y u scary.

Moonie was a silly child. Also, writing while that tiny is impressive.

But WHYYYYYYYY.

YAY GAY OLD TIMES R HAZ!

Hmn... well I speak it worserer!

Does ANYONE legitimately, truly know Latin, except those poor children who were raised to have it be their first language? That would be a weird childhood.

I dunno speeling hard sometimes. But your school sends mixed messages about its good-school-ness.

Someone saaaay... Snake? *doo doo doo*
    Better den your power being lame-o-rays. Poor Lameclops.
    Pfft. I've read the entire archives of QC at least three times, and I only started reading that strip when the current was 1801. (I just archive trawled and freaked out at how much everything has changed since then.)

Eh. I was that tiny for a long time, I doubt I was at any special age when I could first write.

Beeecaaaaauuuuse! I dunno, it's a public school.

August probably does speak Latin.

And you also fail at basic English.

I'm not that purty.

I THOUGHT YOU WUVED ME.

Fifteen and two months.

Away! Elenibblesheep shall be fine without you.
    PICTURES NAOW.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

*hugs* It's like talking in another language around somebody when everybody shares a common one, too! Unfair!

But i havent facebooked in a Longass time.
    I learned this from xkcd and an instance on the bus when some coked-up fruitcake told a woman she had "beautiful-ass hair."

Longass time
    =
    Long asstime

But i havent facebooked in a Long asstime.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Pfft. I've read the entire archives of QC at least three times, and I only started reading that strip when the current was 1801. (I just archive trawled and freaked out at how much everything has changed since then.)

Eh. I was that tiny for a long time, I doubt I was at any special age when I could first write.

Beeecaaaaauuuuse! I dunno, it's a public school.

August probably does speak Latin.

And you also fail at basic English.
    Only 1801? I was there when like, Angus started actually being a person with a thing. And read it too much many times, but not realy full archive drives. Meh blrghee lfe.

TINY MOON.

Quite, quite.

Speaking Latin as a language, where you jsut can go on and on and on with the ONE language and hold a complete varyign convsersation aboot stuff.

Wut is bazik inglis?

PICTURES NAOW.
    Bu I don has any good pitures. They always bad. And I feel bad when I sees them because GOD I LOOK BAD. (One day. I might get a decent pic sometime this year, but prob not cuz I bad at deeem.)

Knee the problem with that, the problem, is "what the hell-ass is a 'asstime'?"
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-10-23 at 05:54 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

16. - Top - End - #316

NecromancerGuy

Bu I don has any good pitures. They always bad. And I feel bad when I sees them because GOD I LOOK BAD. (One day. I might get a decent pic sometime this year, but prob not cuz I bad at deeem.)
    I think she wants lampchops tonight, boyo. Run!

That's why you get someone else to hold the camera and ease into it and then take a full set so that you get one maybe salvageable shot.

Knee the problem with that, the problem, is "what the hell-ass is a 'asstime'?"
    I'm almost positive that you're too young for us to tell you. For that matter, I think I'm still too young... I need an adult!
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-10-23 at 05:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

17. - Top - End - #317

Only 1801? I was there when like, Angus started actually being a person with a thing. And read it too much many times, but not realy full archive drives. Meh blrghee lfe.

TINY MOON.

Quite, quite.

Speaking Latin as a language, where you jsut can go on and on and on with the ONE language and hold a complete varyign convsersation aboot stuff.

Wut is bazik inglis?
    Dude, seriously, why are you writing like that???
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    I think she wants lampchops tonight, boyo. Run!

That's why you get someone else to hold the camera and ease into it and then take a full set so that you get one maybe salvageable shot.

I'm almost positive that you're too young for us to tell you. For that matter, I think I'm still too young... I need an adult!

BUT THATS TOO MUCH WORK. *doesnt work hard to do things he sees as a unavoidable and natural thing*

Dude, seriously, why are you writing like that???
    Because I'm drowsy and bored. And not in the mood to go back and see if I amde typos like I usually do. So I type like a drunken Lala. 'S fine.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

19. - Top - End - #319

BUT THATS TOO MUCH WORK. *doesnt work hard to do things he sees as a unavoidable and natural thing*

Because I'm drowsy and bored. And not in the mood to go back and see if I amde typos like I usually do. So I type like a drunken Lala. 'S fine.
    I tihnk a drunk LaLa would suddenly be able to type perfectly and start correcting my grammar. (No offense LaLa!)

You sober-type like AT when he's drunk.

...Just another reason you two are soul mates.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #320
    Troll in the Playground

I tihnk a drunk LaLa would suddenly be able to type perfectly and start correcting my grammar. (No offense LaLa!)

LET US MAKE FUN AT OUR FRIEND THE TELLITUBBY!

I write like drunk AT? Hell nao, I make way more typozzzzz. ..

.. I dont WANNA mate with the soul of AT.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

LaLa's spelling isn't THAT bad! D=

I've even gotten used to her infernal "yha"s, which drove me crazy when we first met. Now it's just a symbol of her individuality. =3

I know, I know, icky sappy Cobra swoonings, I'll get back on topic, I swear. =P

...the idea of drunk typing confuses me. I don't know that any of you have ever noticed my variable states of sobriety when I type here... >.>
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

22. - Top - End - #322

NecromancerGuy

Ending up with a good photo is something you see as unavoidable and natural or are you talking about Moony sinking her teeth into you?

Well, why so bored?

Also, the idea of drunk-Zodi is inordinately amusing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    ...the idea of drunk typing confuses me. I don't know that any of you have ever noticed my variable states of sobriety when I type here... >.>
    Mostly I get too energetic to go through and remember to correct all of the typos I make because one of my hands is faster than the other and this gets exacerbated when I am not in complete control of my faculties.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-10-23 at 07:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ettin in the Playground

Mostly I get too energetic to go through and remember to correct all of the typos I make because one of my hands is faster than the other and this gets exacerbated when I am not in complete control of my faculties.
    I think she'd be a cheery, happy drunk. Singing and dancing and such. But maybe that's because I think her singing and dancing is adorable, and I just have fun putting eshesh in her speech. =3

Ah. My OCD kicks in too much for that, I only let typos through if I fail to notice them in the first place. And my brain is USUALLY that rapid, outpacing my hands, so that's more a problem when I'm sober. I tend to be a bit of a thoughtful drunk. =P

EDIT: On second thought, drunkZodi is clearly both cheerful and mishchievoush. =3

...aside: too many drunk eshesh makes this a room full of Sean Connerys. >.>
    Last edited by Cobra_Ikari; 2012-10-23 at 07:17 PM.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

The measure of Sheep's adorability is not his prettiness: but his inflammably hyperactive & endearingly phrenetic prose.

Your own prettiness, on the other hand, is a quantifiable component to your adorability.

I can't math.
    It's rather complex.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

25. - Top - End - #325

LET US MAKE FUN AT OUR FRIEND THE TELLITUBBY!

I write like drunk AT? Hell nao, I make way more typozzzzz. ..

.. I dont WANNA mate with the soul of AT.
    Yes you do! Doooo noooot deenyy iiiit!

LaLa's spelling isn't THAT bad! D=

I've even gotten used to her infernal "yha"s, which drove me crazy when we first met. Now it's just a symbol of her individuality. =3

I know, I know, icky sappy Cobra swoonings, I'll get back on topic, I swear. =P

I can't remember if her yha's ever bugged me.

You horrendous little Romeo, you!

I was about to put a drunk LaLa impression here, but then relaized I had no idea how to go about it.

I think she'd be a cheery, happy drunk. Singing and dancing and such. But maybe that's because I think her singing and dancing is adorable, and I just have fun putting eshesh in her speech. =3
    I'd sort of see her holing up in a room playing video games either brilliantly or terribly for 34 hours straight and then randomly trying to go swimming and doing something bloody stupid like drowning in the kiddie end.

Just kidding. I don't see her as even remotely dancey though.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #326

I have no idea how I'd act when drunk, as I've never drunk before. Would be interesting to try someday though.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd sort of see her holing up in a room playing video games either brilliantly or terribly for 34 hours straight and then randomly trying to go swimming and doing something bloody stupid like drowning in the kiddie end.

Maybe I see the dancey because I'm imagining her getting drunk with me.

...that, or I'm just picturing the nameless happydance you do when you sing a nonsense song.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Troll in the Playground

I have no idea how I'd act when drunk, as I've never drunk before. Would be interesting to try someday though.
    ... I'm not sure if I should be worried when you say you wanna be drunk just for the sake of seeing what it feels like.

Yes you do! Doooo noooot deenyy iiiit!

I was about to put a drunk LaLa impression here, but then relaized I had no idea how to go about it.

BUT AT IS FWEND. AND STRAIGHT. AND ALSO IN ALASKA.

Hmn... spelling things properly? Nah, Lala would just be staring at her chest wondering why she doesn't have a TV there.

...That makes muy sense of most nerd drunk.

DANCE EVERYTHING.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    It's rather complex.
    Didn't we do puns already in this thread?

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I ... Thank you? ;___;

To clarify, I was not saying that you aren't pretty, but that I was one of the only people on here to have actually seen you and thus, be able to judge.

Also, get on AIM?

Ooh! Do me, do me!!
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2012-10-23 at 08:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.