New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

Sleep typing is just typing, I don't really see a huge difference, honestly.

On another note, I got . Interesting. The description's quite flattering, but I'm wondering how they picked the pokemon types, and some of the questions lacked the answer I felt was obvious. Ah, well. =P
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

I got Togetic first time. Pika the next. neither really fits, but Pikachu fits better. Also, spellcheck knows Pikachu and I love it.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I got Pikachu back when I was in middle school but this time I got Butterfree.

I'd say it's fairly accurate (even more so if I take both results) except about the not forming emotional bonds bit.
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2012-10-23 at 11:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

I'm outlining a novel i'm planning to write for NaNoWriMo. And I'm just starting to realize it might actually work better as told from the villian's point of view.

The problem being that the villian is supposed to be... well, the VILLIAN! We're supposed to hate him.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    I'm outlining a novel i'm planning to write for NaNoWriMo. And I'm just starting to realize it might actually work better as told from the villian's point of view.

The problem being that the villian is supposed to be... well, the VILLIAN! We're supposed to hate him.
    Write it from his perspective anyway. Much more interesting.
    And if you can make people hate him while writing from his perspective, then you've done really well.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

6. - Top - End - #366
    Firbolg in the Playground

I... got... ???

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Ooh! Do me, do me!!
    No thanks, but I'll do an impression.

anywanthis is what tiv div loos liek when i rmewad youyr drunk ovmcd posts.

for the record ori am literally zjsut whacking ie tkeoyoad in te places were the lettewes i thin kv yoshiudl mbe in order to look like your wirtinfg.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Write it from his perspective anyway. Much more interesting.
    And if you can make people hate him while writing from his perspective, then you've done really well.
    The problem is that a lot of crucial plot details occur on the GOOD guy's side.

...Maybe I'll do a split perspective: the villian guy AND one of the good guys.

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post

for the record ori am literally zjsut whacking ie tkeoyoad in te places were the lettewes i thin kv yoshiudl mbe in order to look like your wirtinfg.
    SCftgkolo,l,o k ml0ofgrtde n,oldfgb9kob v,opdm ngynb
    I give up...
    Drunken typing is still more legible than typing with hooves.

@HalfTangible: That works too. Nothing says a person has to write a story from one person's perspective all the time.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-10-24 at 12:00 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ettin in the Playground

Cubone doesn't strike me as appropriate for you, Moonie. *hugs*...I, for one, have never found you to be a depressing individual, or anything other than a joy to talk to. =3

*snuuuggles* =)

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    ...the idea of drunk typing confuses me. I don't know that any of you have ever noticed my variable states of sobriety when I type here... >.>
    The odd time I can rope you into flirting with me is when I assume you've had a few. I certainly won't complain if that's what it takes.

I ... Thank you? ;___;
    Sincere complement! I have seen your pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    :smallredface: I missed this compliment of my silliness and still dunno how to respond. Myep dorp snuggle. *snuggle*
    Nobody can math. Not even math can math.
    KNEE IS COMPLIMENTING US AT. HOW DO WE RESPOND WITHOUT AWKWARD?
    *huuugs* Traditional gifts to honour budgies include millet sprays, fresh crispy greens, and allowing me to preen your eyelashes.

Wait, we're FRIENDS? I'm gonna have to update our relationship from "**** buddies" then, I guess. *cough* get back on AIM you foolish senior *cough*

*totally joking and being stupid not serious in any way is NEGATIVE serious* and obviously not baiting anyone.
    *monocle pops off*

Am I allowed to say "LOL" on this forum?

Okay... Provided it's a symbol of friendship...
    All this talk of shipping makes me uncomfortable.
    Sorry. ;___; I imagined an animal trio like in Homeward Bound, nothing smutty.

Hmm... I've heard of that game and had resolved never to play it. I think I shall not deviate from this course of action.
    And do not worry, the darkness cannot harm someone, only that which lurks within it. And that was not a comforting thing to say...
    Elemental, do not play Amnesia. You are too innocent. If you want to know more about it, watch Day[9]'s hilarious playthrough on Youtube. But to play it, with headphones and lights off as its makers intend, is to peer into a mind-eroding abyss.

Has anyone else played it?

Unfortunately, I rarely have the opportunity to attend concerts as our finances are usually tight. But it sounds lovely.
    When I can afford it, I shall regularly attend such events and also travel.
    You are young yet! One day I am sure the arts will be enriched with your wise and careful patronage.

No. I am not really afflicted with greed over tangible wealth. I never really have been. I mean... I want money, but not for its own sake, more for what I can get with it.
    After all, what is the point of wealth that is never spent?
    But I'm also cheap because I'm poor.
    And yet tangible wealth is beautiful, such as gold, or jewels, or fine textiles, or works of art. These things I hoard and dwarfishly grub after. With a precious substance like gold, the difference between liquid value and for what it can be exchanged collapses -- it is desirable in and of itself.

My 13 year old cousin Emily is sick in the hospital with either Pneumonia or a bacterial infection (it depends on who's talking to me - I'm honestly not sure what's going on). She's doing better, but not well. There's a lot of fluid in her lungs - Doctors aren't sure if she'll make it.

... She's barely 13...
    *hugs*

My mother pulled through a pneumonia infection with fluid in her lungs after major surgery a couple of years ago. I am confident your dear little cousin will do the same.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    The odd time I can rope you into flirting with me is when I assume you've had a few. I certainly won't complain if that's what it takes.
    Heh. Hardly, Kneen. I flirt with you because it's fun, and you're rather adorable when moderately flustered. And you're very good at being seductive.

I don't mean to lead you on, though, I'm very happily taken at the moment, and hope to remain that way for a very long time. =3

*snuggles*...I hope you'll let me have some fun with you every now and then, though.

No, when I'm drunk, I tend to puzzle my way through questions that never needed asking, and think myself brilliant for it. Things like calculating how to get your drunken swaying to balance out perfectly with the rocking of a ship at sea, and such. The only time I've drunkenly professed affection, it was to a shower. Or possibly the bathroom floor. I was VERY drunk. >.>

12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I... got... CUBONE???
    Heh. Most people seem to think the test's pretty inaccurate anyway.

Witty. Witty.

Man. That looks like Mutant's sober typing, not my drunk typing. You even had examples of me typing drunk in the last thread. Come on now.

Sincere complement! I have seen your pictures.
    *shuffles around awkwardly as he does when he gets those "sincere complement" things*
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2012-10-24 at 12:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorry. ;___; I imagined an animal trio like in Homeward Bound, nothing smutty.
    My apologies. I knew in my heart that would be an image glorifying friendship.
    But Mynxae's ship-based betrayal has me slightly on edge even though it was all in jest.

Elemental, do not play Amnesia. You are too innocent. If you want to know more about it, watch Day[9]'s hilarious playthrough on Youtube. But to play it, with headphones and lights off as its makers intend, is to peer into a mind-eroding abyss.

Has anyone else played it?
    Indeed. I prefer my exposure of things scary and creepy to be limited to text and static imagery.

You are young yet! One day I am sure the arts will be enriched with your wise and careful patronage.
    They certainly will be. If I ever get rich enough, I shall pay for QPAC to be rebuilt in a more aesthetically pleasing style.

And yet tangible wealth is beautiful, such as gold, or jewels, or fine textiles, or works of art. These things I hoard and dwarfishly grub after. With a precious substance like gold, the difference between liquid value and for what it can be exchanged collapses -- it is desirable in and of itself.
    Admittedly, gold has no great beauty. It is when it crafted and lovingly shaped into pieces of art that it gains beauty and true value in my eyes.
    In my eyes, silver and copper have greater beauty. They may tarnish with time, but this lends to them a certain life of their own.

Dragons!

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

My apologies. I knew in my heart that would be an image glorifying friendship.
    But Mynxae's ship-based betrayal has me slightly on edge even though it was all in jest.
    Mwahahahaha! My evil plan is working!

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh. Hardly, Kneen. I flirt with you because it's fun, and you're rather adorable when moderately flustered. And you're very good at being seductive.

I don't mean to lead you on, though, I'm very happily taken at the moment, and hope to remain that way for a very long time. =3

*snuggles*...I hope you'll let me have some fun with you every now and then, though.

No, when I'm drunk, I tend to puzzle my way through questions that never needed asking, and think myself brilliant for it. Things like calculating how to get your drunken swaying to balance out perfectly with the rocking of a ship at sea, and such. The only time I've drunkenly professed affection, it was to a shower. Or possibly the bathroom floor. I was VERY drunk. >.>

Nnngh, thou serpent of seduction, thou pillow snake Jake, thou wantonly wriggling wyrm! You know just how to press my buttons. No, I know the way it is, but I appreciate the tidbits of fun you throw my way now and again.

Professing affection to a shower?

You're drunk right now, aren't you?

They certainly will be. If I ever get rich enough, I shall pay for QPAC to be rebuilt in a more aesthetically pleasing style.
    What is that? :D What's the story there?

Admittedly, gold has no great beauty. It is when it crafted and lovingly shaped into pieces of art that it gains beauty and true value in my eyes.
    In my eyes, silver and copper have greater beauty. They may tarnish with time, but this lends to them a certain life of their own.
    I must disagree: native gold is very pretty! Even flecks and small nuggets or spots in a quartz! Even polished gold ingots in a stack, that saturated lustrous yellow colour. For me gold loses its great beauty when it is alloyed too much, which is unfortunately what renders it more affordable.

But I fully agree about silver, and its tarnish. The patina on old silver spoons or trays is lovely. Fortunately, silver is more affordable and is never so alloyed as to lose its natural beauty.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ettin in the Playground

What is that? :D What's the story there?
    QPAC is the Queensland Performing Arts Centre. It's part of the cultural centre that the government built in South Bank.
    There's not really a story there, it's just a dull and unattractive building.

It also needs cleaning.

I must disagree: native gold is very pretty! Even flecks and small nuggets or spots in a quartz! Even polished gold ingots in a stack, that saturated lustrous yellow colour. For me gold loses its great beauty when it is alloyed too much, which is unfortunately what renders it more affordable.

But I fully agree about silver, and its tarnish. The patina on old silver spoons or trays is lovely. Fortunately, silver is more affordable and is never so alloyed as to lose its natural beauty.
    Admittedly, it can be pretty. But I have never really found it to my liking.
    Thought that might be because I have never really liked yellow very much... Unless it's organic.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-10-24 at 02:40 AM.

Dragons!

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ettin in the Playground

I like it. It's like someone gave up on their architecture degreee and spent their final year playing Minecraft and no-one noticed.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

Ooh! Do me, do me!!
    O_o

Wow. This... might actually be enough to blow BlueMoon out of the water. At the very least, I think we've established a love triangle.

*MoonTroll shipshipship*
    Last edited by Heliomance; 2012-10-24 at 04:10 AM.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm still hoping for "HelioStaras" to become a recognised Official Shipping. The two of you did look awfully cute together in that photo a while back.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    I'm still hoping for "HelioStaras" to become a recognised Official Shipping. The two of you did look awfully cute together in that photo a while back.
    Finally, someone finds one of the two (well, three - Lixie ships with everyone) Playground ships involving me that there's actual grounds for!
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ettin in the Playground

I like it. It's like someone gave up on their architecture degreee and spent their final year playing Minecraft and no-one noticed.
    I wish... Then time travel would be possible!

Dragons!

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

:smallredface[SIZE="1"]
    Nobody can math. Not even math can math.
    I can maths...
    My 13 year old cousin Emily is sick in the hospital with either Pneumonia or a bacterial infection (it depends on who's talking to me - I'm honestly not sure what's going on). She's doing better, but not well. There's a lot of fluid in her lungs - Doctors aren't sure if she'll make it.

... She's barely 13...
    Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post

Hm. Sounds like how some bronies might describe me, but I don't think the test asked enough questions.
    Bronies? I think you mean bonies

Anyhoo,

Yes.

Man. That looks like Mutant's sober typing, not my drunk typing. You even had examples of me typing drunk in the last thread. Come on now.

*shuffles around awkwardly as he does when he gets those "sincere complement" things*
    Be fair, Moon spelt 6 consecutive words right
    You can practice dealing with sincere compliments by treating everything anyone says about you as one. Everything.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    O_o

Wow. This... might actually be enough to blow BlueMoon out of the water. At the very least, I think we've established a love triangle.

*MoonTroll shipshipship*
    Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post
    I can maths...

Bronies? I think you mean bonies
    Then you obviously not a math.

Anyhoo,
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes.

Looks to me like a giant Tetris thing. But lacking in those awkward pillars that always wind up happening.

Be fair, Moon spelt 6 consecutive words right
    You can practice dealing with sincere compliments by treating everything anyone says about you as one. Everything.
    BLARGLE I DONT SPEEL THAT BAD. USUALLY.

But... then... he'd treat what I say to him seriously!
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Titan in the Playground

*hugs* It's like talking in another language around somebody when everybody shares a common one, too! Unfair!
    Heh, talking in programming terms around non-programmers yields pretty much the same reaction, but rather than "this is math I don't understand", you're going to get "this is gibberish I don't understand". Especially if the discussion is in Swenglish.

But such is the life of the programmer, you have to be careful with your char stars and make sure that the variables are correctly defined, or you're going to index out of bounds, and segfaulting is never fun.

IRN:
    Speaking about programming, had my C exam today. I forgot the precedence order for ++ in method calls (pretty sure it was never brought up in the lectures to start with, actually) and I derped out on what regression tests are as well (but so did everyone else, so there's no point in feeling stupid about that), but the points I could lose on those questions are still fewer than the bonus points I brought with me to the exam, so I'm not especially worried about my grade as a whole.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

25. - Top - End - #385
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Heh, talking in programming terms around non-programmers yields pretty much the same reaction, but rather than "this is math I don't understand", you're going to get "this is gibberish I don't understand". Especially if the discussion is in Swenglish.

But such is the life of the programmer, you have to be careful with your char stars and make sure that the variables are correctly defined, or you're going to index out of bounds, and segfaulting is never fun.

IRN:
    Speaking about programming, had my C exam today. I forgot the precedence order for ++ in method calls (pretty sure it was never brought up in the lectures to start with, actually) and I derped out on what regression tests are as well (but so did everyone else, so there's no point in feeling stupid about that), but the points I could lose on those questions are still fewer than the bonus points I brought with me to the exam, so I'm not especially worried about my grade as a whole.
    And that's exactly why (well, at least in my country) studies exist where people learn business and communcation with programmers. So the programmers can talk they way they are used to and the business people (aka moneybags) have a way of understanding it.

And a careful congratulations on passing your test
    Last edited by Socratov; 2012-10-24 at 09:04 AM.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

*does an impression of AtlanteanTroll*

*waits for Mooncat to smooch him*

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

Gaaaahhh!
    Class trip to National Constitution Center. Why did yesterday have to be the day I decided to watch Blink...
    So many bronze delegates...
    Spoiler
    Show

I apologize for the massivity of the picture.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2012-10-24 at 09:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #388
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Bronze Delegates, Qwertys?

So I just had the pleasure of having a tree fall on my house and the grape vine getting killed or at least fairly significantly damaged in the removal thereof, despite not being near to the fallen tree.

QPAC is the Queensland Performing Arts Centre. It's part of the cultural centre that the government built in South Bank.
    There's not really a story there, it's just a dull and unattractive building.
    Spoiler
    Show

It also needs cleaning.
    There are times when the architect and the person who greenlit it should be dragged through the streets and pelted with whatever kind of poisonous cabbage equivalents Australians have.

I daresay that edifice is one of them.

A hated protagonist can work.

On another note, I got . Interesting. The description's quite flattering, but I'm wondering how they picked the pokemon types, and some of the questions lacked the answer I felt was obvious. Ah, well. =P
    Indeed, what kind of person doesn't go on a date when they lack a compelling reason not to for the sake of the excitement/fun that could be had?

Personally, I don't even my result.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-10-24 at 10:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

... huh. Last time i took this i got misdreavous.

This time i got:

Extended Sig

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

So...? Have you ever seen 'Richard III'? Or 'Macbeth'? "False face must hide what the false heart doth know."

Make him an antihero, or a tragic villain. Make us understand why he commits the foul deeds he does, make us sympathize with him for a moment, and then make us feel dirty for it.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo