New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

Oh, man, I found that one Robin Williams stand-up again. Freaking hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Welp, I just got a key to the house of one of my neighbours for purposes of dogsitting this weekend. Twenty-five bucks and free rein with regards to the fridge for something I would have just done for free if she'd asked.

I'd feel bad, but, well, I do like money. I'll probably do some raking and leaf disposal to assuage my conscience, such as it is.
    Hey, the money is nothing, but the food in the fridge sounds pretty good. Especially if they have bacon.

ION: I get to scare a bunch of little kids tomorrow and saturday. Mwahahahahaha!
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2012-10-25 at 07:52 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

Read LotF in 9th Grade. Most people I knew had already read it. Which is ... Odd, I think. Looking back on it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Thankee, MoonCat, I was just about to do that.
    I never quite understood the problem with correcting people's grammar. I don't get the hatred of 'grammar nazis.'

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    ...right

And heya, you should totally come online and stuff

Oh man look at me I've become Sheepie...
    NEVAH!

^: Shipie! Remedial English with Profesora Moonique.
    M'I a prof now? Woo!

ION: Depressed with the entire world and have cried several times today. I swear to god, I never believed the stereotypes until now.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    ION: Depressed with the entire world and have cried several times today. I swear to god, I never believed the stereotypes until now.
    That doesn't sound good at all. What's up?
    A few odds and ends.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Troll in the Playground

Because. Getting corrected in something that you see as unimportant can eb irritating. And its de interwebz.

Professor Moonie, the Illuminati are doing some evil Dan Brown things! Go punch him in the face!

Y Moonie sad at humanity?
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I never quite understood the problem with correcting people's grammar. I don't get the hatred of 'grammar nazis.'
    Because as long as someone's meaning is clear, it really doesn't matter in casual discussion. Which this is.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ogre in the Playground

I have to go to sleep so I won't know what's wrong 'til morning. Have some generic comforts for the meantime...
    *comforts*

8. - Top - End - #608
    Colossus in the Playground

*Hugs tightly*

Feel better soon Moony. I'm here if you need to talk.

9. - Top - End - #609

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Hey, the money is nothing, but the food in the fridge sounds pretty good. Especially if they have bacon.
    Oh, man, have I rediscovered my love of bacon recently with this last batch of bacon cheeseburgers I've whipped up.
    ION: I get to scare a bunch of little kids tomorrow and saturday. Mwahahahahaha!
    Hurrah!
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Read LotF in 9th Grade. Most people I knew had already read it. Which is ... Odd, I think. Looking back on it now.
    Just a tad. Never read it because my older bro's experience and recounting of it kind of bored, so I never found it of interest enough to pick up.

What'd we do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

10. - Top - End - #610
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Humanity's lame. It's all Sturgeon's Law, man.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Firbolg in the Playground

That doesn't sound good at all. What's up?
    Having a bad week. Today was actually pretty good for pretty much every second that was not five minutes before the latest outbreak of tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Because. Getting corrected in something that you see as unimportant can eb irritating. And its de interwebz.

Professor Moonie, the Illuminati are doing some evil Dan Brown things! Go punch him in the face!

Y Moonie sad at humanity?
    But it is important, to an extent.

Ugh, no, I'm to busy trying to restore some Roman amphorae yoinked from the "eighth hill of Rome" in order to do that! And when I'm done, I'm off to look at some of the wrappings on an unnamed mummy from 58 BCE to get a look at a rare example of Roman clothing scraps that got used in the underlayers!

Because my generation pisses me off, and I want to find people who I can actually talk about stuff I really care about with instead of this. I hate only being comfortable with people about 20 years older than me because eventually I'll run out of them.

All the stuff I fangirl about depresses me with its triteness today. Why should I care? I just want to go spend three weeks in some cabin with nothinh to do except work on something mind-numbing that I care enough about I can spend hours doing it.

Every single sound hurts my head and I feel entirely overtaken by apathy when it comes to doing anything I know I should be focusing on.

Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post

I have to go to sleep so I won't know what's wrong 'til morning. Have some generic comforts for the meantime...
    *comforts*
    Thank you.

*Hugs tightly*

Feel better soon Moony. I'm here if you need to talk.
    <hugs> Last thing I could handle right now, unfortunately. Sorry.

What'd we do?
    Nothing.

Humanity's lame. It's all Sturgeon's Law, man.
    But we aren't! I'm so discouraged, because I look around at my school and think about what people could be capable of, and what they do instead! I just loathe my classmates for what they have wasted. I hate to think what will happen to the world because of us.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-10-25 at 08:36 PM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #612

Ok Moony. Feel better soon *sends my love*

13. - Top - End - #613

NecromancerGuy

Because my generation pisses me off, and I want to find people who I can actually talk about stuff I really care about with instead of this. I hate only being comfortable with people about 20 years older than me because eventually I'll run out of them.
    To be fair, Zodi can't be more than 7 years older than you and it sounds more like she's only about 3-4.

My best friend constantly rails against our generation, but even he finds people of interest and worth to him when he can actually be pushed to look and find them.

Also, it does get better. I used to only be able to socialize without putting my foot in my mouth if the people were the kind of middle-aged adults that I was used to due to my parents when I was a kid, but over the years I've progressively gotten closer to my own age range.

All the stuff I fangirl about depresses me with its triteness today. Why should I care? I just want to go spend three weeks in some cabin with nothinh to do except work on something mind-numbing that I care enough about I can spend hours doing it.
    Like what?

Every single sound hurts my head and I feel entirely overtaken by apathy when it comes to doing anything I know I should be focusing on.
    That's no good.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #614
    Troll in the Playground

smile Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

Having a bad week. Today was actually pretty good for pretty much every second that was not five minutes before the latest outbreak of tears.
    *vague and awkward wishes of luck and stuff, but mostly sad comfortation*
    But it is important, to an extent.

It is important, but the 'grammar nazi' is "pshaw, you dont have an apostrophe in that word", or "you spelled 'onamonapia' wrong" (who the hell can actually spell that right? ).

You're comfortable with 30-40/whatever age + but not cool 20-somethings? I LIKE cool twenty somethings. (No I'm not specifically talking about Playgrounders. I just know way too many 20-somethings, and also I spend hours talking with vegan second-cousin/i call him nephew ) Also, you cant talk me to me? I'm hurt, moonie, deeply. I gotta agree on the "my generation is a bunch of ungrateful asses", though. Because they kinda are.

Meh. Hetalia isn't THAT famous that it could EVER be called 'trite'. Except in pretty much every nerd group.

The apathy is a teenage thing. God knows I'm constantly going "I dont care" in my mind to.. everything, sometimes. At least I think its a teenage thing. Teenaging sucks, is what I'm saying.

More on socializing with the oldie twenty somethings, they are generally cool people. A bit drunk, sometimes, but cool. My main experience is of course, with my now-way-too-often-mentioned vegan cousin cuz we talk for hours about like, stupid stuff. But myeeeh. Older brothers have forced me to evolve into a beast able to converse with dozens of different adult species.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-10-25 at 08:45 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ettin in the Playground

But we aren't! I'm so discouraged, because I look around at my school and think about what people could be capable of, and what they do instead! I just loathe my classmates for what they have wasted. I hate to think what will happen to the world because of us.
    Can't say I know much about headaches, but I can sympathize with apathy.

We students are not generally concerned with humanity, the world, or sometimes even simple things like working. I generally like to think that the world and I will die at roughly the same time, so I don't have too much to worry about. I get your frustration, though. The only thing more annoying than feeling like I should be doing something and not doing anything is feeling like other people should be doing something and they're doing nothing.

It is important, but the 'grammar nazi' is "pshaw, you dont have an apostrophe in that word", or "you spelled 'onamonapia' wrong" (who the hell can actually spell that right? ).
    It's onomatopoeia. So... apparently at least one person can spell it.

Yeah, obsessing over grammar is pretty silly. I can understand getting frustrated over it (and if it makes something difficult to read, that's a problem), but there's no need to correct things like apostrophes on the internet, unless they would change the meaning of the word.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2012-10-25 at 08:48 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

We've been like that for generations upon generations. Everything'll be fine. Most people don't make a difference to the world as a whole one way or another. Although, that is not to say that people don't make a difference to each other, and that's usually good enough, no?

17. - Top - End - #617

NecromancerGuy

On a Tomato on Poe ia.

On-o-mat-o-Poeia.

Or at least, that's always how I thunk it.

Heh, I could do with some more cool twenty-somethings in my life, that's for sure, Shep!
    Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #618
    Troll in the Playground

On a Tomato on Poe ia.

On-o-mat-o-Poeia.

Or at least, that's always how I thunk it.

Heh, I could do with some more cool twenty-somethings in my life, that's for sure, Shep!
    Baaaaaaaah. You gott yourself. Give moonie the 20somethins.

also, shep? Is ship too confusing and the extra e too hard?
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

19. - Top - End - #619

NecromancerGuy

Baaaaaaaah. You gott yourself. Give moonie the 20somethins.

also, shep? Is ship too confusing and the extra e too hard?
    Nooo, she can't do anything fun with them yet! And I'm not even coooooolll!

Nah, I just wanted to try thinking of you punching out Reapers.
    Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #620
    Troll in the Playground

Coid, you plenty cool. And also a compliment fisherer who didnt actually try to fish. Ya damn bastărd.

... I'm sorry... My shep... Died. On Palavan. And then he came back to life in the past and did all the ME1 sidequests and is starting to fight the Reapers one. More. Time. But I didnt like ME3's..feel, i dunno. Combat feels different crom 2's, and barely better than 1's. And I LIKE Cerberus and tried to be as nice as possible to Illusive Man. And i was all cnfused why I was fighting humans when tyere are reapers blowing up earth down thataway! cerberus high tech soldiers go fight over there and take your creepy robot with you aughghghfn why s they not logical you.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-10-25 at 09:27 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

21. - Top - End - #621

Coid, you plenty cool. And also a compliment fisherer who didnt actually try to fish. Ya damn bastărd.

... I'm sorry... My shep... Died. On Palavan. And then he came back to life in the past and did all the ME1 sidequests and is starting to fight the Reapers one. More. Time. But I didnt like ME3's..feel, i dunno. Combat feels different crom 2's, and barely better than 1's. And I LIKE Cerberus and tried to be as nice as possible to Illusive Man. And i was all cnfused why I was fighting humans when tyere are reapers blowing up earth down thataway! cerberus high tech soldiers go fight over there and take your creepy robot with you aughghghfn why s they not logical you.
    Well, you see, I'll explain the problems you had.

tried to be as nice as possible to Illusive Man
    There's your problem.

In all seriousness though, the idea is that The Illusive Man and all his dudes where indoctrinated.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Hey. Sheep. Get on AIM. *eye wiggle*

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ogre in the Playground

The pig killing in Lord of the Flies is written like a rape scene. I read it in 7th grade. It's a pretty good book.

Just don't sweat it, MoonCat. It'll be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Troll in the Playground

Well, you see, I'll explain the problems you had.

There's your problem.

In all seriousness though, the idea is that The Illusive Man and all his dudes where indoctrinated.
    Aaaaand.. Its a stupid idea. Whatd HE get indoctrinated by, its not like he's sleeping with a reaper-teddy bear, and he just sits in that room smoking cigars. Nothing ever even touches him, except himself.(and sometimes Miranda). And the huskification of the hcerberus troops fails to pass the logic and reason test of "someone woulda found out and people would know, no more cerberus recruits, and also they spent half of ME2 remidning you that Cerberus has these "morally guided" people and stuff. Generally they oppose roboslavery. Hell, Miranda's "comtrol chip" comment was seen as extreme by pretty much everyone and everything. Not to menton Illusive man deciding that betraying a dude whose done nothing but agree with him and is an investement of.. Probably 5x his mind-control-scheme budget. /blghjwhine

Indoctrination doesnt permaslave anyways, because how. If its all "go against your basic moral code", how the hell do you get so many indoctrinated people to off themselves? Wi an argument of "you being used!". "nu uhhhh!" "yu huh, i said so!". "what, rap! nooooooo *blows brains out isntead of being helpful*

Hey. Sheep. Get on AIM. *eye wiggle*
    As my posts may show, ipad.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-10-25 at 09:44 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

25. - Top - End - #625
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Go kick your brother off the computer. Who cares if he's older, surely you don't. Plus, I'm older than him and I commandeth it.

26. - Top - End - #626

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic_Comedian View Post
    The pig killing in Lord of the Flies is written like a rape scene. I read it in 7th grade. It's a pretty good book.

Just don't sweat it, MoonCat. It'll be fine.
    Subtly, thy name is Tragic.

Aaaaand.. Its a stupid idea. Whatd HE get indoctrinated by, its not like he's sleeping with a reaper-teddy bear, and he just sits in that room smoking cigars. Nothing ever even touches him, except himself.(and sometimes Miranda). And the huskification of the hcerberus troops fails to pass the logic and reason test of "someone woulda found out and people would know, no more cerberus recruits, and also they spent half of ME2 remidning you that Cerberus has these "morally guided" people and stuff. Generally they oppose roboslavery. Hell, Miranda's "comtrol chip" comment was seen as extreme by pretty much everyone and everything. Not to menton Illusive man deciding that betraying a dude whose done nothing but agree with him and is an investement of.. Probably 5x his mind-control-scheme budget. /blghjcoi. Indoctrination doesnt permaslave anyways, because how. If its all "go against your basic moral code", how the hell do you get so many indoctrinated people to off themselves? Wi an argument of "you being used!". "nu uhhhh!" "yu huh, i said so!". "what, rap! nooooooo *blows brains out isntead of being helpful*

Well first of all, in his backstory, he got touched by a reaper artifcct (it's why his eyes are weird). Second of all, if you paid ANY attention, you'd know that he was using Reaper tech to enhanced his soldiers, and find a way to control the Reapers. He actually discovered a way to control the reaper forces and generate his own indoctrination signal, which he implanted into himself.

As an aside, no he never did Miranda you moron (I mean that politely Sheepie, no offense). And Miranda is lying about the good people, almost everyone in Cerberus are bad. And concerning that control chip, she only brought it up with the Illusive Man, who demanded it NOT be included.

Next up! Almost all their soldiers are gained from Sanctuary, that place where you go and FIND the before mentioned research into indoctrination tech.

The reason why he betrayed YOU is because he was indoctrinated. The reason why you're able to convince people who are indoctrinated to kill themselves is because there ARE lapses in control. However, indoctrination IS permanent, unless said indoctrination is overwritten by some other form of indoctrination (see Feros and its Thorian).

Finally, Shepard is CHARISMATIC AS ALL HELL if you're able to convince Saren and The Illusive Man to shoot themselves, so it's basically a super power at this point.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Ogre in the Playground

Subtly, thy name is Tragic.
    Well, nobody ever really answered whoever asked.

28. - Top - End - #628

Well, nobody ever really answered whoever asked.
    It was implied pretty damn well.

Note, sorry if I come off as angry or anything, cause I'm not.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-10-25 at 09:56 PM.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ogre in the Playground

Better to just say it and be done with it. And I knew you weren't mad. (Aside: Instruments? Could have been talking about guitars.)

Speaking of instruments, I gave my first harmonica lesson tonight, to one of my floormates. I think he's going to do well.
    Last edited by Tragic_Comedian; 2012-10-25 at 10:00 PM.

30. - Top - End - #630

Better to just say it and be done with it. And I knew you weren't mad.
    Just making sure. And honestly, I'm not sure. Since the entire point of the scene, from my understanding, was that it was MEANT to be thinly vieled, but still, you know, vieled. Since it was showing how "if things changed just a little bit these savage kids would be as bad as savage adults"

Which, by my understanding, is the entire point of the book.