New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Just making sure. And honestly, I'm not sure. Since the entire point of the scene, from my understanding, was that it was MEANT to be thinly vieled, but still, you know, vieled. Since it was showing how "if things changed just a little bit these savage kids would be as bad as savage adults"

Which, by my understanding, is the entire point of the book.
    Yeah, pretty much. It's along the lines of "At least those are kids; adults would never do the exact same thing in the same situation." Good book, though.
    A few odds and ends.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

Well first of all, in his backstory, he got touched by a reaper artifcct (it's why his eyes are weird). Second of all, if you paid ANY attention, you'd know that he was using Reaper tech to enhanced his soldiers, and find a way to control the Reapers. He actually discovered a way to control the reaper forces and generate his own indoctrination signal, which he implanted into himself.

As an aside, no he never did Miranda you moron (I mean that politely Sheepie, no offense). And Miranda is lying about the good people, almost everyone in Cerberus are bad. And concerning that control chip, she only brought it up with the Illusive Man, who demanded it NOT be included.

Next up! Almost all their soldiers are gained from Sanctuary, that place where you go and FIND the before mentioned research into indoctrination tech.

The reason why he betrayed YOU is because he was indoctrinated. The reason why you're able to convince people who are indoctrinated to kill themselves is because there ARE lapses in control. However, indoctrination IS permanent, unless said indoctrination is overwritten by some other form of indoctrination (see Feros and its Thorian).

Finally, Shepard is CHARISMATIC AS ALL HELL if you're able to convince Saren and The Illusive Man to shoot themselves, so it's basically a super power at this point.
    Yeah, but indoctrination is not a Reaper adjustive percentage ratings of mind control. Otherwise Sovereign would try and not let Saren do that whole "study indoctrination in depth" thing. Hell, Saren got indoctrinated and got these doubts and needed to get an entire robotic skeleton to keep going. I noticed no robotness in Illusive Man. They are never clear on how indoctrination works anyways, is it continued exposure or "oops, you touched a dragons tooth, in a year your brain dead zombie" even if you never do any thign else ever. How do reapers stop the indoctrination process (or stall). How is it that IM is so unable to have anyone else with a brain, or even just use his? Betraying a Cerb renegade shep makes no sense unless he IS a brain dead indoctrinated slave, in which case he shoduld probsbly lose that non-husk look. And his incapacitate implants make no sense as a repart control device because he isnt sitting down in a comfy leather chair to chitchat with a reaper, he gor scientists who made it. He has a crapton of foreign agents snoring around in his orginization and craps around attacking Omega becauuuse... Indoctrination on a tiny level destroys all logic curcuits. And the endings "dun dun Illusive Man COULD control them, but not the way he was cuz 50 years ago he shot a husk,now press the magic button to get a colorful asplodey"
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-10-25 at 10:04 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Coid, you plenty cool. And also a compliment fisherer who didnt actually try to fish. Ya damn bastărd.
    There, there, I miss Martin Sheen too. *hug*

Also, I'm definitely not cool. Or a fisher of compliments.

Well, except for when I discuss my horrifying visage or my BEARD. Because I'm vain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

4. - Top - End - #634
    Troll in the Playground

Vaaaaain. Also, Sheeen.

You so cool you some kinda..l internet funny guy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

5. - Top - End - #635
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Hey. Mutant. How about you get on Facebook so you can talk to me and Tragic. At the same time!

I'm pretty sure you can do that from the iPad and everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

6. - Top - End - #636

Yeah, but indoctrination is not a Reaper adjustive percentage ratings of mind control. Otherwise Sovereign would try and not let Saren do that whole "study indoctrination in depth" thing. Hell, Saren got indoctrinated and got these doubts and needed to get an entire robotic skeleton to keep going. I noticed no robotness in Illusive Man. They are never clear on how indoctrination works anyways, is it continued exposure or "oops, you touched a dragons tooth, in a year your brain dead zombie" even if you never do any thign else ever. How do reapers stop the indoctrination process (or stall). How is it that IM is so unable to have anyone else with a brain, or even just use his? Betraying a Cerb renegade shep makes no sense unless he IS a brain dead indoctrinated slave, in which case he shoduld probsbly lose that non-husk look. And his incapacitate implants make no sense as a repart control device because he isnt sitting down in a comfy leather chair to chitchat with a reaper, he gor scientists who made it. He has a crapton of foreign agents snoring around in his orginization and craps around attacking Omega becauuuse... Indoctrination on a tiny level destroys all logic curcuits.
    ..........everything you just said is wrong.

I will....attempt, to address it all in order.

They are EXPLICITLY clear, numerous times, on how Indoctrination works. EXPLCITILY clear, 100%, on how it works.

Sovereign let Saren do research on indoctrination because it literally didn't matter.

Regarding the roboticness of The Illusive Man, you were not paying attention at all.

Renegade Shepard or not, you DO turn the Normandy over to the Alliance, thus firmly throwing your lot in with the non Cerberus. This is covered in the last DLC mission in ME2.

The indoctrination method The Illusive Man created could not yet control Reapers. It could only control Reaper forces, like the Cannibel's and what not.

The Illusive Man didn't take Omega, so much as occupy it while it was being attacked by Reaper Forces. The good news is that the next ME3 DLC is Taking Back Omega, so we can get a clearer image on what's going on there, not just having to go off of the comics.

7. - Top - End - #637

NecromancerGuy

Vaaaaain. Also, Sheeen.

You so cool you some kinda..l internet funny guy.
    What more do you want from me? I'm basically an ambulatory beard as it is. Voted most likely to secretly be a werewolf or a young version of Cousin It.

Also, Most likely to Die of Terminal Squaredom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

8. - Top - End - #638
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    I'm thinking more 17th or 18th century.

Because style never fades.
    I would shoot for early 19th, myself, to use certain Romantic poets as a precedent for my unboundedly enthusiastic lechery.

Sitting?

Good Old Hippie. Why I remember how he respodned to one of ym amde up words and I maded a joke about how a Hippie TALKED to me. THEY TOOK IT ALL SERIOUS.

Heh. Canadian doing a southern accent...
    Hey, I do a southern accent quite well! I am good at accents, particularly the ones that I can do in a husky sexy kind of voice.

ION.
    I have to give a talk in class on Wednesday morning... y'know, Hallowe'en. In my undergrad days, I used to come to school in drag if I had class on Hallowe'en. I'm wondering if I could even pull that off anymore.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ettin in the Playground

Ugh... I am so tired today.
    And I have art to do, art with a deadline. And a map to draw.

I feel like blaming Mynxae for this. He keeps me up 'til three in the morning...
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post

I feel like blaming Mynxae for this. He keeps me up 'til three in the morning...
    I never said we had to stay awake that long, you chose to.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ogre in the Playground

*hugs Elemental* I would offer you some luxurious form of caffeine, but I know you would not accept.

I'm biting my tongue hard not to make a joke I know neither of you will appreciate
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-10-25 at 11:58 PM.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Troll in the Playground

TELL JOKE ANYWAAAAYS.

ION: I need sleep badly. I dont wanna sleep. WHAT IS THE SOLUTION!?
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'm biting my tongue hard not to make a joke I know neither of you will appreciate
    Tell me, tell me!

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ettin in the Playground

I understand that feeling.

While more ceremonious and elegant solutions exist, none is as effective as a 15 minute nap preceded by Coke-Cola; it is scientifically proven to work better than napping or any sort of caffeine alone.

As for mapping, the Cartographers Guild may help, this in particular. Pretty good for procedural generation with a fair amount of control over end results. Ends up looking fantastically beautiful and takes two hours at most.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    *hugs Elemental* I would offer you some luxurious form of caffeine, but I know you would not accept.
    That's alright. I actually have nothing against moderate amounts of caffeine. I just don't like tea or coffee.
    I might have a shower shortly. Cascading water usually helps wake me up.

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    I understand that feeling.

While more ceremonious and elegant solutions exist, none is as effective as a 15 minute nap preceded by Coke-Cola; it is scientifically proven to work better than napping or any sort of caffeine alone.

As for mapping, the Cartographers Guild may help, this in particular. Pretty good for procedural generation with a fair amount of control over end results. Ends up looking fantastically beautiful and takes two hours at most.
    I actually might go have some Coke Zero...

And as for maps, I always hand draw them. Laziness on my part and a refusal to learn how to use technology to do it for me.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-10-26 at 12:16 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ettin in the Playground

I actually might go have some Coke Zero...

And as for maps, I always hand draw them. Laziness on my part and a refusal to learn how to use technology to do it for me.
    Coke Zero, more caffeine less sugar and taste.

I hand draw bases, scan and then render since my painting skills are only good for oils, not colouring pencils. Are these dungeon maps or regional maps?
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-10-26 at 12:19 AM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ettin in the Playground

Coke Zero, more caffeine less sugar and taste.

I hand draw bases, scan and then render since my painting skills are only good for oils, not colouring pencils. Are these dungeon maps or regional maps?
    Eh. I don't mind it. And it's what my Mum buys because she's diabetic.

Regional. And I always hand draw dungeon maps as well using grid paper.
    I might try tracing it in Inkscape if I have time.

Dragons!

18. - Top - End - #648
    Ettin in the Playground

Eh. I don't mind it. And it's what my Mum buys because she's diabetic.

Regional. And I always hand draw dungeon maps as well using grid paper.
    I might try tracing it in Inkscape if I have time.
    My father does so as well due to the same condition, I however have the habit of purchasing little bottles of Pepsi at uni and never finishing them, resulting in a steady supply of something with actual taste on the fridge.

I never could hand draw dungeons, it was a lot easier to do so in Fireworks from the start. I'd however recommend Photoshop for regional rather than Inkscape, mainly due to raster being better for regional mapping.

19. - Top - End - #649
    Ettin in the Playground

My father does so as well due to the same condition, I however have the habit of purchasing little bottles of Pepsi at uni and never finishing them, resulting in a steady supply of something with actual taste on the fridge.

I never could hand draw dungeons, it was a lot easier to do so in Fireworks from the start. I'd however recommend Photoshop for regional rather than Inkscape, mainly due to raster being better for regional mapping.
    Mmm... Pepsi...

I've already taught myself Inkscape and I'm too lazy to do the same with Photoshop. Especially seeing as I don't have it.

Dragons!

20. - Top - End - #650
    Barbarian in the Playground

My solution to the diet soda problem is to just not drink soda. Seriously.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    My solution to the diet soda problem is to just not drink soda. Seriously.
    Yup. Dunno when last I had anything resembling soda. It helps if you didn't like it in the first place.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

22. - Top - End - #652
    Troll in the Playground

I occasionaly drink soda, but that would be tonic and be quite nice (even without the gin). for the rest it's beer, wine, whiskey or rum for me
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

23. - Top - End - #653
    Titan in the Playground

I drink quite a lot of soda, but I prefer the traditional Swedish varieties such as Trocadero and Portello (and especially Julmust, but that one's reserved for Christmas (and the following half of the year )) over the mainstream Coca-Cola/Pepsi sortiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    Well, I was trying to work with real world gun diameters- and I thought that 120mm would be a little excessive for a secondary turret if I'm trying to fit two barrels in... as for the main cannons, I wanted to go for guns at the lower end of real battleship weapons, so I just converted 11 inches into metric (and remembered the .4mm- its been a while since I had to convert from inches)...

I suppose with the number of elements drawn from anime, I could have based her guns on those of the Yamato, but 457mm shells seem a little excessive for SF...
    Seeing how they had to build a 70'000 tons steel fortress over 260 metres in length only to not be shook apart by a full salvo (okay, not only, but ship size was the main limiting factor to gun size), limiting yourself is probably prudent.

Also, loaded with APFSDS-DU shells, 280mm gun would easily penetrate 1000, probably 2000mm of composite armour if I extrapolate from current tank technology. While DU-shells are incendiary (pyrophoric), they still lack the sheer damaging power of HE-shells, so they won't be especially effective against larger vehicles with more open space (like spaceships).

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    ... I KNOW a guy named Björn. Which I'm told is a little weird for the U.S., but hey - I'm in Minnesota.
    I also know a Nels, a Sven, and a Steda (is Steda Scandinavian? I always assumed it was, but now that I think about it I'm not sure) - none of whom are related.
    Well, I've understood that you Americans mostly think about Norwegians (because they were first), but we Swedes tend to refer to those areas as "Svenskbygderna" ("the Swedish settlements") due to the many Swedes who settled down there during the great migrations in the latter half of the 19th century. Especially Minnesota was a popular choice (I've even got relatives living there), so I'm not finding this the slightest weird. Unusual, perhaps, but that's another thing.

Never heard of someone named Steda, however, and Nels sounds like an Amerification of Nils.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Every single sound hurts my head and I feel entirely overtaken by apathy when it comes to doing anything I know I should be focusing on.
    Ah, the feeling of "Why can't the world just leave me alone!". I know it all to well. Even if "the world" in some cases is a car driving by two blocks away from my position in the middle of the night. Feeling down is never fun, but you should know that you have my sympathies, and I wish there would be more than that I could do for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    But we aren't! I'm so discouraged, because I look around at my school and think about what people could be capable of, and what they do instead! I just loathe my classmates for what they have wasted. I hate to think what will happen to the world because of us.
    Is this "do something contributing rather than getting stoned and bullying others", or more like "save the world instead of striving for your own happiness". I mean, you don't strike me as the type who'd bear the latter mindset, but I don't like drawing too many assumptions about people, even if they're mainly positive in nature. Also, I'm curious.

ION:
    Pruning my lips with nail scissors. Sure, from an outside perspective, it looks weird as hell, but it's actually a lot more merciful to them than trying to chew off the dry, hardened parts with my teeth. And I mean, if I was a pollen allergic, I would probably wear a gas mask too.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2012-10-26 at 02:41 AM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

24. - Top - End - #654

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Pruning my lips with nail scissors. Sure, from an outside perspective, it looks weird as hell, but it's actually a lot more merciful to them than trying to chew off the dry, hardened parts with my teeth. And I mean, if I was a pollen allergic, I would probably wear a gas mask too.
    Becareful with that, I tried that once and my finger slipped and sliced open my face for a few weeks

25. - Top - End - #655
    Titan in the Playground

Becareful with that, I tried that once and my finger slipped and sliced open my face for a few weeks
    Nah, I am careful. Also, chewing (which in reality is the only alternative) is really bad. More often than not, I'd manage to tug a bit too hard on the flake and damage the skin underneath, causing a spot that'll stay irritaded for the rest of the week, and potentially worsen the condition of my already scarred lips.

Seriously, I really wish there was some good way of restoring scar tissue, because my lips are full of it.

Also, by nail scissor, I actually meant nail cutter, which allow for a bit more precision than an actual scissor, even if it would be easier for me if the cutter was less concave...

Show

26. - Top - End - #656

Nah, I am careful. Also, chewing (which in reality is the only alternative) is really bad. More often than not, I'd manage to tug a bit too hard on the flake and damage the skin underneath, causing a spot that'll stay irritaded for the rest of the week, and potentially worsen the condition of my already scarred lips.

Seriously, I really wish there was some good way of restoring scar tissue, because my lips are full of it.

Also, by nail scissor, I actually meant nail cutter, which allow for a bit more precision than an actual scissor, even if it would be easier for me if the cutter was less concave...
    Well, to clarify, I used a pair of nail clippers, which may or may not be different from the two things you said. I would have no idea!

27. - Top - End - #657
    Titan in the Playground

Well, to clarify, I used a pair of nail clippers, which may or may not be different from the two things you said. I would have no idea!
    And image search on Google reveals that they're the same thing, yes.

Show

28. - Top - End - #658

And image search on Google reveals that they're the same thing, yes.
    Ok, sweet! Be careful then!

As my Grandma used to say, even though I know you'll be careful, it's important to say it anyway because it shows I care (which I do, quite a lot).
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-10-26 at 03:11 AM.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Titan in the Playground

As my Grandma used to say, even though I know you'll be careful, it's important to say it anyway because it shows I care (which I do, quite a lot).
    Yeah, it does, and it's pretty sweet of you to do so.

Show

30. - Top - End - #660

Yeah, it does, and it's pretty sweet of you to do so.
    Gotta look out for my friends