New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    That would be a very sweet gesture, and I would definitely send something Canadian in return. Hmm, maple syrup would be a bit trite [or would it?]... we don't really have anything culturally seasonal...

The shipping costs would be too much to consider, in all probability
    I shipped a book to Vancouver - cost about $10 in shipping. Of course, it didn't weight near as much as a Julmust bottle (1.5 l).

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

2. - Top - End - #692
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

Speaking of Hallowe'en... I still need my avatar for it made >.< Kinda hoped that Ele would but he's mean So here I am with nothing scary for next week unless a miracle happens and my pony gets drawn in two days by an awesome avatarist /sigh I'm doomed. :/

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    I shipped a book to Vancouver - cost about $10 in shipping. Of course, it didn't weight near as much as a Julmust bottle (1.5 l).
    Hmm, that's not nearly as much as I would have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Speaking of Hallowe'en... I still need my avatar for it made >.< Kinda hoped that Ele would but he's mean So here I am with nothing scary for next week unless a miracle happens and my pony gets drawn in two days by an awesome avatarist /sigh I'm doomed. :/
    Perhaps you shouldn't be keeping him up all night anymore.

still biting my tongue
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-10-26 at 12:48 PM.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Bugbear in the Playground

I don't see a particular problem with not having a Hollowe'en avatar (says the guy who's never going to change the dragonpuppy his sister drew for his birthday several years ago).
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ettin in the Playground

Mmm... Pepsi...

I've already taught myself Inkscape and I'm too lazy to do the same with Photoshop. Especially seeing as I don't have it.
    It's quite simple, I never thought I would do anything beyond Fireworks for basic stuff and last thing I knew I end up in a diplomate for graphic design and learning Illustrator and real Photoshop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    ION: NO SCHOOL TODAY!!! Woot! Now the problem of "How do I keep myself occupied for the hours I would normally be in class" is presented...
    The answer is simple. gather round with classmates and make bottle rockets.
    From my remembering ponies aren't particularly hard to do, firing an inkscape tutorial will be faster than waiting for a request to be replied most likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    I don't see a particular problem with not having a Hollowe'en avatar (says the guy who's never going to change the dragonpuppy his sister drew for his birthday several years ago).
    Yah, the real event however is the cosplayer gathering that occurs that same day; for which it IS a problem not having a costume.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I can never decide what to be for Halloween. I love dressing up too much, and if I do come upon a theme I like, the problem is that I'd need between 1 and 4 other people to cooperate for the theme to properly be played out. :/ None of my friends like that kind of long-term commitment though.
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm currently wondering what to do this year between all of the spare stuff I have, like the horned helmet, the camo pants, the olive drab fatigue jacket, the blue robe and cowl with a silver triangle on front, the black robe and cowl, the graduation robe and mortarboard, the two labcoats (one with faded bloodstains, the other not), the "vampire" semi-translucent black cape, the various trenchcoats and trilbys/stetsons/fedoras around the house, the pinstripe suit, the sky blue suit, the cobbled-together late 70s/brazillian fusion leisure "suit" ensemble.

I guess there's also the Ushanka. The horse femur is a bit too cumbersome and potentially a weapon to really go anywhere with as a prop, unfortunately, though it was pretty good with my long hair for the brief photo shoot I did last halloween.

Spoiler
    Show
    I suppose I could see if there's still a wig or get a feminine haircut/styling and go as a bearded lady by borrowing that green sequined serpentine dress? Probably would have to borrow a lot of makeup, enough that I'd have to sit down and draw up a plan of action with her though. Or annoy the LGBTA thread/Kneenibble and OD on tutorial links of interest if I shaved everything off.

Don't think I've really lost enough weight for that though, haha. x.x Who'd've thought I was 50 pounds overweight when I thought I was only about 20 or so. I mean, other than the BMI which I figured was bogus anyway.

Or maybe the problem is that I just acquire so many pieces of costumes that it seems silly to set out to construct an entirely new one from the ground up?

Edit: Oh, and how could I forget the two old gas masks that I haven't really figured out how to wear and be able to breath in and I can't combine with my glasses and I don't have any contacts so they're not really options except as a weird form of necklace or hat.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-10-26 at 02:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

7. - Top - End - #697
    Troll in the Playground

Bah, your avvie is scary enough. Its a PONY.

ION: Wow 10 day trial for Pandaland is out. Why not 2 weeks ago when I had a 5 day weekend? I'm gonna wait for Christmas like I did last time I got free sub time. Or I could just not use it. An option.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    I can never decide what to be for Halloween. I love dressing up too much, and if I do come upon a theme I like, the problem is that I'd need between 1 and 4 other people to cooperate for the theme to properly be played out. :/ None of my friends like that kind of long-term commitment though.
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm currently wondering what to do this year between all of the spare stuff I have, like the horned helmet, the camo pants, the olive drab fatigue jacket, the blue robe and cowl with a silver triangle on front, the black robe and cowl, the graduation robe and mortarboard, the two labcoats (one with faded bloodstains, the other not), the "vampire" semi-translucent black cape, the various trenchcoats and trilbys/stetsons/fedoras around the house, the pinstripe suit, the sky blue suit, the cobbled-together late 70s/brazillian fusion leisure "suit" ensemble.

I guess there's also the Ushanka. The horse femur is a bit too cumbersome and potentially a weapon to really go anywhere with as a prop, unfortunately, though it was pretty good with my long hair for the brief photo shoot I did last halloween.

Spoiler
    Show
    I suppose I could see if there's still a wig or get a feminine haircut/styling and go as a bearded lady by borrowing that green sequined serpentine dress? Probably would have to borrow a lot of makeup, enough that I'd have to sit down and draw up a plan of action with her though. Or annoy the LGBTA thread/Kneenibble and OD on tutorial links of interest if I shaved everything off.

Don't think I've really lost enough weight for that though, haha. x.x Who'd've thought I was 50 pounds overweight when I thought I was only about 20 or so. I mean, other than the BMI which I figured was bogus anyway.

Or maybe the problem is that I just acquire so many pieces of costumes that it seems silly to set out to construct an entirely new one from the ground up?

Edit: Oh, and how could I forget the two old gas masks that I haven't really figured out how to wear and be able to breath in and I can't combine with my glasses and I don't have any contacts so they're not really options except as a weird form of necklace or hat.
    Coid. You just worried so much you rank in the 'teenage girl' category on my 'fashion' chart.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Titan in the Playground

anybody else unable to log in to msn?
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #699
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    anybody else unable to log in to msn?
    I am, but it could be because I lack an account

10. - Top - End - #700
    Firbolg in the Playground

So, anyone got any advice for making the crown on a Princess Bubblegum outfit, on a relatively low budget?

Not for me, of course.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2012-10-26 at 05:56 PM.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

11. - Top - End - #701
    Titan in the Playground

When I was researching Swedish cuisine [which may or may not have had to do with my failed attempts to seduce H Birchgrove], I came across this thing Julmust. It sounds delicious and I quite wish to drink it.

The chances that I will ever get some, however, are disappointingly measly.
    I'd send you a bottle of my favourite variety (one with a stronger flavour than the most, perfect for sipping), because shipping for a single bottle is definitely survivable, but I'm not sure about the shipping regulations for foodstuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Hmm, I've never been too fond of the Julmust you'd find in a plastic bottle. Then again, I'm accustomed to a stronger variety than most other sorts, so most of the others just taste watered down to me. Also, I'm slightly sceptical toward plastic bottles as containers in general. It's probably just a figment of my imagination, but it feels like quality only comes in a glass bottle...
    Last edited by Teddy; 2012-10-26 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Why did I write "acostumed"?
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

12. - Top - End - #702

NecromancerGuy

Teddy: If marketing is to be believed, there's nothing like a cool glass bottle.

Also, if you've got problems, ain't gonn' be a plastic bottle that'll solve 'em, oh no sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    So, anyone got any advice for making the crown on a Princess Bubblegum outfit, on a relatively low budget?

Not for me, of course.
    Wire, gold spraypaint, and foil or just wire and more plasticy gold-colored foil such as can be acquired at a craftgoods store.

Even lower budget, just crib this nice lady's instructions?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Coid. You just worried so much you rank in the 'teenage girl' category on my 'fashion' chart.
    I'll never be that thin.

OMG OMG OMG! No one is ever going to ask me to prom looking like this. And so forth.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-10-26 at 06:40 PM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #703
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'll never be that thin.
    See, that's what a teenage girl would think

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ogre in the Playground

I just finished Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I need a hug, or laudanum, or something.

It does not help that I have the same name as the main character, so it feels like the voices are addressing me personally -- and it also does not help that my cellar looks a helluva lot like Brennenburg Castle, and could very likely grow patches of mucousy cobwebby pink pulsating flesh-wads as the symptom of an unknowable intelligence intent on my utter destruction.

Somebody hold me

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    I'd send you a bottle of my favourite variety (one with a stronger flavour than the most, perfect for sipping), because shipping for a single bottle is definitely survivable, but I'm not sure about the shipping regulations for foodstuff...

Hmm, I've never been too fond of the Julmust you'd find in a plastic bottle. Then again, I'm accustomed to a stronger variety than most other sorts, so most of the others just taste watered down to me. Also, I'm slightly sceptical toward plastic bottles as containers in general. It's probably just a figment of my imagination, but it feels like quality only comes in a glass bottle...
    I share this aesthetic. Glass is more pleasing in all respects, and the entire aesthetic experience of a thing must be taken into account -- not merely the taste of its contents. Which seem to be affected by the container, anyways, but even if not.

You will find, among some cultures, an attention to the ornamentation of gifts and even packaging as much as the gift or consumer object itself. The Japanese, for example. The aesthetic idea at work in such gestures touches me at my soul.

If you sent me this thing, I would frolic expansively through a snow-covered field in unbounded enthusiasm and glee. And, as I said to Kaskatoon, reciprocate with whatever appropriate object you please. But of course, such matters are awkward, and not to be obliged.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-10-26 at 08:32 PM.

15. - Top - End - #705

I just finished Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I need a hug, or laudanum, or something.

It does not help that I have the same name as the main character, so it feels like the voices are addressing me personally -- and it also does not help that my cellar looks a helluva lot like Brennenburg Castle, and could very likely grow patches of mucousy cobwebby pink pulsating flesh-wads as the symptom of an unknowable intelligence intent on my utter destruction.

Somebody hold me
    Zodi to the rescue! *hugs tightly*

Fun fact, the game actually changed the name of the main character depending on what you tell it your name is. So the only reason why they are adressing you personally is because you, essentially, told them too.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Zodi to the rescue! *hugs tightly*

Fun fact, the game actually changed the name of the main character depending on what you tell it your name is. So the only reason why they are adressing you personally is because you, essentially, told them too.
    *huuuuugs and mumbles weeping*

You may be trying to comfort me, but no. I have seen playthroughs online. The main character's name is fixed. ;____; It just happens to be mine.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Troll in the Playground

You may be trying to comfort me, but no. I have seen playthroughs online. The main character's name is fixed. ;____; It just happens to be mine.
    I no Knee's name, I no Knee's naaaame. *playground birdsong voice*
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

18. - Top - End - #708

...huh. Then apparently I've heard from Dragonprime wrong, and that means you have the same name as him.

I'm going to have to punish him later...you can help, of course, if it makes you feel better

(give in to the whip)
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-10-26 at 08:56 PM.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ogre in the Playground

I no Knee's name, I no Knee's naaaame. *playground birdsong voice*
    And yet -- after we butted heads on Aiur, and Char, and all other infested worlds, did you not already catch its whiff?

Will you use this wisdom irresponsibly, and summon me into chalky circumscriptions of service? ;___; Or will you guard my secret and call on me only in true need?

...huh. Then apparently I've heard from Dragonprime wrong, and that means you have the same name as him.

I'm going to have to punish him later...you can help, of course, if it makes you feel better

(give in to the whip)
    *ahem*
    I'll do my best not to indulge the mental images that have arisen from your post.

I can't promise to try, but I promise to try to try.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-10-26 at 09:04 PM.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Troll in the Playground

And yet -- after we butted heads on Aiur, and Char, and all other infested worlds, did you not already catch its whiff?

Will you use this wisdom irresponsibly, and summon me into chalky circumscriptions of service? ;___; Or will you guard my secret and call on me only in true need?
    I wont tell anyone to just google The Dark Descent then, I guess. However, my battle.net account works and Starcraft isn't down... care to d-d-d-duel?

(give in to the whip)
    *gasp!* DP is (going to be) a man of the cloth! SHAME, good madam. SHAME.

*ahem*
    I'll do my best not to indulge the mental images that have arisen from your post.

Good for you, fight your urges and rock out! *riffs out like a boss*
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-10-26 at 09:10 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

21. - Top - End - #711
    Barbarian in the Playground

Somebody hold me
    *hugs*

This time of year is always when I am most fascinated by horror. Usually I just read a few horror novels, but this year I've been itching to try out some horror games as well. However, having seen pieces of Amnesia: The Dark Descent playthroughs in the past, I'm fairly certain I won't sleep for several weeks if I do end up playing it. I suppose I'll just have to experience it vicariously through Day[9] again.
    Last edited by Nix Nihila; 2012-10-26 at 09:08 PM.

22. - Top - End - #712

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    See, that's what a teenage girl would think
    A bwoo-hoo. A bwoo-hoo.

I suppose I'll just count myself lucky that I've managed to lose 30 pounds in the past 4 months.

Granted, I think most of that happened in the first 2 months and it was those last 5-10 pounds that kept eluding me.

Which is going to make the next 20 all the more fun without developing some serious commitment to a diet and exercise regimen rather than simply increasing my physical activity and avoiding blatantly bad for me foods.

Also, lastpass is weird. As is familiarizing yourself with someone's house without feeling creepy like you're scoping it out or poking into what you shouldn't poke into, but, well, I just can't be comfortable in a hosue unless I've made sure there's not anything alive that I'm not aware of inside of it. Or something anyway. Housesitting is weird.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I can't figure out what this OS is easily or what Aurora is, but I can only assume that it's some form of linux distro and I'm getting the jibblies from the fact that the keyboard I'm using seems to be hooked up to a microphone or in the perfect position to make its sound echo across the room so that I hear the sound of myself typing shadowed a few seconds later from behind me.

Very, very unnerving.

Almost as much as the door that's locked with no obvious way to unlock it what with lacking a keyhole or an alternate means of entry that's not a hidden door that stands up to cursory inspection. Thought it was the linen closet, which is why I tried it at all, as they forgot some clean linens in the dryer so I folded them up and didn't know where to put 'em.

...Still looking for that linen closet actually. I'm beginning to suspect they may not have one.

Oh 12 gods. For a second there it sounded like the mouse clicks were being echo'd too. phew.

Thankfully the dog has warmed up to me.

With any luck it won't experience the separation anxiety they were worried about so I won't have to sleep cuddling it, but, well, it was insisted that I spend the night over here with it for the first night as well as bathe over here.

...Not quite sure about that last one, really. Sounded a bit like a setup, but I can't imagine what for.

(give in to the whip)
    Oh my~

That reminds me, I need to get some leather pants.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-10-26 at 09:18 PM.
    Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ogre in the Playground

I wont tell anyone to just google The Dark Descent then, I guess. However, my battle.net account works and Starcraft isn't down... care to d-d-d-duel?

*gasp!* DP is (going to be) a man of the cloth! SHAME, good madam. SHAME.

Good for you, fight your urges and rock out! *riffs out like a boss*
    Whoa! A metal Italian friar! That is awesome, I want to brush his beard for him and rub rose oil into his scalp.

Why yes, yes I do care. I shall log on momentarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Nihila View Post
    *hugs*

This time of year is always when I am most fascinated by horror. Usually I just read a few horror novels, but this year I've been itching to try out some horror games as well. However, having seen pieces of Amnesia: The Dark Descent playthroughs in the past, I'm fairly certain I won't sleep for several weeks if I do end up playing it. I suppose I'll just have to experience it vicariously through Day[9] again.
    The scarce Nihilicious Nix! *hugs and hoards*

Even having watched the sexy Day[9] play it through before I ever started, the game still ****ing destroyed me psychologically. If you value intense sensual experiences, however, I think you should play it in spite of the horrible horrible consequences.

The best moment in his playthrough, if I may entice anyone else for a look [language warning]
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-10-26 at 09:19 PM.

24. - Top - End - #714

*ahem*

Ok. Glad to see I can help make the scaries go away. I'm always here to help, my little birdy pal

25. - Top - End - #715
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Dear God.

Me and my friend spent 2 hours getting lost trying to go to a haunted house. We both live in the suburbs and the haunted house is out in the country. No problem we thought. We're just going to hit up the mall, grab some crap we had ordered in, and then go out to the place. By the time we get out there, it's 7 PM, dark as Hell, and raining, and we're in the middle of nowhere. We're having trouble finding where we need to go, and I'm in the middle of calling some friends when my phone dies. My friend think that they can use their phone's GPS to get us where we need to go, when their phone dies.

So we're driving in circles in some really creepy back roads (Hooray, vivid imaginations!) for about an hour before we finally come to a Wendy's after wandering into some real podunk town. We get some food, ask for help, and finally get directions as to where we need to go. Turns out we just needed to take a left and keep going and we'd get back home. So we go down that road and after about another 2 hours, we get into the ghetto-y part of downtown. And now we're both home.

Uggh. I'm so tired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

26. - Top - End - #716

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Dear God.

Me and my friend spent 2 hours getting lost trying to go to a haunted house. We both live in the suburbs and the haunted house is out in the country. No problem we thought. We're just going to hit up the mall, grab some crap we had ordered in, and then go out to the place. By the time we get out there, it's 7 PM, dark as Hell, and raining, and we're in the middle of nowhere. We're having trouble finding where we need to go, and I'm in the middle of calling some friends when my phone dies. My friend think that they can use their phone's GPS to get us where we need to go, when their phone dies.

So we're driving in circles in some really creepy back roads (Hooray, vivid imaginations!) for about an hour before we finally come to a Wendy's after wandering into some real podunk town. We get some food, ask for help, and finally get directions as to where we need to go. Turns out we just needed to take a left and keep going and we'd get back home. So we go down that road and after about another 2 hours, we get into the ghetto-y part of downtown. And now we're both home.

Uggh. I'm so tired.
    Well, it's certainly an adventure. Sorry it turned out so rough though.

And that's why you keep an emergency phone charger in the car.
    Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #717
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Well, it's certainly an adventure. Sorry it turned out so rough though.

And that's why you keep an emergency phone charger in the car.
    Yeah, well. It's going to be fun looking back on it, I can tell already.

And yeah ... We did. Or she did, rather. Sort of. She had a wall to car converter, but she didn't have her actual charger. We got to borrow one at the Wendy's, thank God. We almost stopped at a Motel we were so fed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

28. - Top - End - #718

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Yeah, well. It's going to be fun looking back on it, I can tell already.

And yeah ... We did. Or she did, rather. Sort of. She had a wall to car converter, but she didn't have her actual charger. We got to borrow one at the Wendy's, thank God. We almost stopped at a Motel we were so fed up.
    Alone in a motel with your young ladyfriend!?

The Scandal of it all!
    Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #719
    Ettin in the Playground

*hugs the Elemental* And yet: if I'm dressed as a goofy-looking old queen, will my words not be altogether tinted with a grotesque comedy? And unable to be taken seriously? Probably no one else will be dressed for Hallowe'en, and I will only shock them.

Are you feeling better today?
    *is hugged*
    Well, if you feel that such a costume would be a mistake, then perhaps a different idea? I wouldn't know because I've never had anything to do with Hallowe'en.

Plenty. Though I hope the people in one of my Lords of Creations games stop pestering for details on the society I created. Furthermore, I wish they would stop taking extra liberties just because there's a lack of information.
    Don't they realise it takes time?!?!
    Now I shall have to lock everything down in neat and unchangeable order.

Heh heh, by plenty of extant examples, that is true.

I cannot imagine a warm unsnowy Hallowe'en. It wouldn't feel right! How could it be eery if you cannot see your breath?
    I just can't imagine Hallowe'en at all... I've never done anything for it in my life.

I am mean. And not up to doing art.
    As it is, I'm going to have to skip out on one of my art commitments because there's no way I'm going to have it done in time. And in truth, I lack the inspiration and motivation to proceed with it.
    Now I must go and apologise to the person who requested it.

Perhaps you shouldn't be keeping him up all night anymore.

still biting my tongue
    Had anyone else said this I would be hunting them down to jab them in the ribs. But I know you meant it in jest.
    And yes... He is keeping me up with his activities.

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    It's quite simple, I never thought I would do anything beyond Fireworks for basic stuff and last thing I knew I end up in a diplomate for graphic design and learning Illustrator and real Photoshop.
    I am sure it is quite simple. But without Photoshop or the desire to acquire it, there is nothing I can do about it.
    So instead, I fall back on my trusty Staedtler HB pencils and A4 paper.

Somebody hold me
    *hugs and makes tea for*
    Do not worry. We still have the power to turn the computers off if they decide to seek our destruction, whether physically or mentally.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

30. - Top - End - #720
    Titan in the Playground

You will find, among some cultures, an attention to the ornamentation of gifts and even packaging as much as the gift or consumer object itself. The Japanese, for example. The aesthetic idea at work in such gestures touches me at my soul.
    Heh, suggesting that a gift is ment to be seen as Japanese has become my standard phrase for when someone's package seems too light and unrattly to actually contain something.

If you sent me this thing, I would frolic expansively through a snow-covered field in unbounded enthusiasm and glee. And, as I said to Kaskatoon, reciprocate with whatever appropriate object you please. But of course, such matters are awkward, and not to be obliged.
    Hmm... I wouldn't ask for anything, because gifts should always come without a demand for compensation. And I'm woefully unaware of what I actually want to get to start with...

IRN:
    I actually started researching regulations, because why not, and while I suppose the Canadian Border Services Agency may be good on many things, making user-friendly websites is not one of them. I mean, compare it to the website of our customs agency, where I without any hesitation found what I was searching for in 5 clicks. I mean, the only thing that distinguishes the Canadian site from any random web page of dubious quality is the distinct lack of ad banners...

Sending foodstuff by mail doesn't seem all too illegal (unlike sending used airplanes by mail). Still, no reference to what forms you need to fill in...
    Last edited by Teddy; 2012-10-27 at 06:14 AM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show