New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Yesh, Turkish coffee is a delicious delicious potion! If you make it right, the bubbles on its surface glitter in bright rainbow jewel tones from the coffee oils.
    Ugh. Turks seem to have monoplozied the food-gasm market. Lewis has it be the food of Satan for God's sake!

ION: Yay issues! And apparently sleeping in one day meaning "you cant wake up in time for noon mass arghhghghg" ONE TIME. Aurghbaubles! *Starcrafts the day away, like a bawss*
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    ^: I'm sorry, what?
    I was drawing this picture of a lonely, deperate girl riding a beer bottle in an ocean of liquor, but I wasn't quite sure about the details on a beer bottle, so I grabbed one as a reference. I was about halfway done, when I picked the bottle to get a better look at the mouth and as I was putting it back, I spilled some on the picture. I had thought it was empty, but it still had enough drops in it that now I need to redo it.

Aww. Not the cutie that's interested in you?
    Hmm? Nah. The girl I was with last night is the girl I was calling Mary in the RWA Thread. She's the one I'd be roadtripping with. She kind of has a boyfriend and I'm her best friend, apparently, so that wouldn't really be wise nor am I interested. The other girl is the girl I was calling Julie from the RWA Thread, so yeah, the cutie. I honestly have no idea how that's going to go. But I'm going down the Bukowski route for now. In that:

Somebody at one of these places asked me: "What do you do? How do you write, create?" You don't, I told them. You "don't try". That's very important: not to try, either for Cadillacs, creation or immortality. You wait, and if nothing happens, you wait some more. It's like a bug high on the wall. You wait for it to come to you. When it gets close enough you reach out, slap out and kill it. Or if you like it's looks, you make a pet out of it.
    My goal is to coast through senior year without developing feeling for anyone, because it's bound to end soon one way or another. Probably won't be so lucky, but eh.
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2012-10-27 at 05:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Sounds like you're the connoisseur. I'm willing to chip in if you decide to ship it.

Hmm... shipping Kneenibble and a bottle of Julmust...
    Hmm, yes, shipping isn't exactly going to be cheap. It'll roughly chime in on 200:- with some package optimisation. Surmountable, and it's not like it's actually going to hurt, but still. I'd need to find a cardbord roll with an inner diametre of 8cm or more, but that shouldn't be all too hard if I put some effort into it, really...

After a few discarded attempts at visualising the scene, my mind settled on an image of a budgie and a bottle sitting at the opposite sides of a dollhouse table, having a romantic dinner with a miniature candles (the ones you'd put in the Christmas tree if you weren't afraid of burning your house down) providing the atmosphere. Afterwards, the budgie would offer to take that top off the bottle... and I think my brain just short-circuited itself with potential innuendo.

(There actually is a reason for why it just was this image, but writing it all in size 1 would be silly.)

Hahaha, wow. For shame, Canada! I think what you need is at Canada Post's website rather than Border Services.
    Yeah, that sounds like an idea. I relatively quickly found most of the information I'd need, so thanks.

Another good idea would've been checking our own postal service's webpage to start with.

All our government websites are pretty shabby, to tell you the truth. They all look like they haven't been redesigned since 2004.
    Yeah, I can tell. I had this sudden realisation about how much the Internet accessability debate here in Sweden actually has led to. I mean, I can find exactly what I need in less than ten clicks while having to make close to no tab-branches throughout the process. And when I do branch, it's because two or more alternatives seem equaly applicable, not because there seem to be none.

*passive-aggressively makes puppy dog eyes at you and Kask*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Naww, how could I ever say no to those eyes...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

4. - Top - End - #754
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    I was drawing this picture of a lonely, deperate girl riding a beer bottle in an ocean of liquor, but I wasn't quite sure about the details on a beer bottle, so I grabbed one as a reference. I was about halfway done, when I picked the bottle to get a better look at the mouth and as I was putting it back, I spilled some on the picture. I had thought it was empty, but it still had enough drops in it that now I need to redo it.
    Aww, that's too bad. Too few to really work it into the theme or too much to continue working on the paper/it destroyed your progress?

Hmm? Nah. The girl I was with last night is the girl I was calling Mary in the RWA Thread. She's the one I'd be roadtripping with. She kind of has a boyfriend and I'm her best friend, apparently, so that wouldn't really be wise nor am I interested. The other girl is the girl I was calling Julie from the RWA Thread, so yeah, the cutie. I honestly have no idea how that's going to go. But I'm going down the Bukowski route for now. In that:
    Well, I was talking about the roadtrip anyway... I think... Anyhoo, sounds like you're in perfect double-date territory if it comes to that then, unless the other guy (potentially?) going isn't Mary's beau.

My goal is to coast through senior year without developing feeling for anyone, because it's bound to end soon one way or another. Probably won't be so lucky, but eh.
    That's all well and good, but sometimes if you see an iceberg looming it's better to get the smashing out of the way early, might even have some fun out of the mess. Just food for thought rather than a serious persuasive attempt, haha. I'm rubbish at those anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

5. - Top - End - #755
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Aww, that's too bad. Too few to really work it into the theme or too much to continue working on the paper/it destroyed your progress?
    I'm not sure yet. I think I'm going to need to redo it, but I'm not sure yet.

Well, I was talking about the roadtrip anyway... I think... Anyhoo, sounds like you're in perfect double-date territory if it comes to that then, unless the other guy (potentially?) going isn't Mary's beau.
    Oh. I suppose so. And the other dude is not Mary's beau, and if that dude does come, his GF will probably come, assuming she can get permission. So yeah.

That's all well and good, but sometimes if you see an iceberg looming it's better to get the smashing out of the way early, might even have some fun out of the mess. Just food for thought rather than a serious persuasive attempt, haha.
    I'm ... Yeah. Maybe.

I'm rubbish at those anyway.
    What? Smashing icebergs?

6. - Top - End - #756

NecromancerGuy

I'm not sure yet. I think I'm going to need to redo it, but I'm not sure yet.
    Well, good luck figuring that out then, haha.

Oh. I suppose so. And the other dude is not Mary's beau, and if that dude does come, his GF will probably come, assuming she can get permission. So yeah.
    Wuff, so that could definitely lead to the two of you being the odd ones out of a couple's stew.

Risky, risky. If this weren't teenagers in real life that we were talking about I'd even wonder if this was an attempt at a deliberate setup, haha.

What? Smashing icebergs?
    Yeah, just never could get the knack of it. It's mostly all in the leverage, I know that much, at least. :/ And I definitely have the reach even if I lack... flexibility.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #757
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Well, good luck figuring that out then, haha.
    Thaaaaanks.

Wuff, so that could definitely lead to the two of you being the odd ones out of a couple's stew.
    Potentially. Although Mary does have a beau, so it'd be me and Julie that were the odd ones out.

Risky, risky. If this weren't teenagers in real life that we were talking about I'd even wonder if this was an attempt at a deliberate setup, haha.
    Yeah, well. The original idea to go on a roadtrip was Mary's (although at the time she didn't have a boyfriend). Issac, the dude, was there at the time but he thought it was a joke. But we could probably talk him into going. And if he did go, he'd bring his girlfriend (if she could get permission). We still need to talk to Julie, but I'm sure she'd be up for it and be able to get permission.

Yeah, just never could get the knack of it. It's mostly all in the leverage, I know that much, at least. :/ And I definitely have the reach even if I lack... flexibility.
    I'm plenty flexible.

8. - Top - End - #758

NecromancerGuy

Potentially. Although Mary does have a beau, so it'd be me and Julie that were the odd ones out.
    That's what I was thinking, yeah, sorry.

Yeah, well. The original idea to go on a roadtrip was Mary's (although at the time she didn't have a boyfriend). Issac, the dude, was there at the time but he thought it was a joke. But we could probably talk him into going. And if he did go, he'd bring his girlfriend (if she could get permission). We still need to talk to Julie, but I'm sure she'd be up for it and be able to get permission.
    Hmm, sounds like the ball is still forming in order to get rolling then, haha.

I'm plenty flexible.
    Well, just make sure you keep up with your calibrations then.

ION:...Conditioner is weird, as is shopping for it.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-10-27 at 09:57 PM.
    Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #759
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

That's what I was thinking, yeah, sorry.
    S'fine. My social plays out like one ridiculous SitCom anyway.

Hmm, sounds like the ball is still forming in order to get rolling then, haha.
    I did say probably way back when I initially mentioned it.

Well, just make sure you keep up with your calibrations then.
    I don't really work out much, I'm just lucky I guess. I probably should though...

ION:...Conditioner is weird, as is shopping for it.
    Better to shop for it than not have nasty hair. Eh?
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2012-10-27 at 10:04 PM.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

You become an adult when you:

Know who you are
    Know what you want
    Take responsibility
    Stop caring about becoming an adult. (C.S. Lewis said something similar to this one)
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #761

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Know who you are
    Know what you want
    ...Aww, monkey bees.

Better to shop for it than not have nasty hair. Eh?
    figuring out which one to grab was a headache though. I decided to go by one I hadn't tried before because why not.

It's like they use words and labeling as an ink defense against you buying what you're supposed to buy.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-10-27 at 10:30 PM.
    Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #762
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Stop caring about becoming an adult. (C.S. Lewis said something similar to this one)
    Eh. Sort of. But not really. It's more like the contra-positive. I assume you mean this one?

Quote Originally Posted by C. S. Lewis
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. ... When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
    If so, it's one of my favorite quotes ever.
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2012-10-27 at 10:37 PM.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Titan in the Playground

Eh. Sort of. But not really. It's more like the contra-positive. I assume you mean this one?

If so, it's one of my favorite quotes ever.
    Specifically the "When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret...very grown up." bit, but yes. Same here
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ettin in the Playground

The adult version is generally a costume party, usually with alcohol. The whole affair bears echoes of Saturnalia. By Hallowe'en here, usually, there has been a few light snows, and the temperature will be crisply around freezing or lower. It's very pleasant.
    Indeed that would likely be the case. But alas... I have never attended a costume party. I also don't drink and am incredibly boring at parties.
    Fear the wrath of the book I brought along to read!

Thank you. *hugs*
    The game is so artfully made in its horror, though, that I carried a psychic hangover from the experience each time I played. It got deep inside me.
    Well, fortunately you don't ever have to play it again. And in time, the memories will fade.
    After all, it's not like the creators of the game would do something so terrible as to force people to play it using hypnosis.
    I mean... That would be illegal.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

15. - Top - End - #765
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Well, fortunately you don't ever have to play it again. And in time, the memories will fade.
    After all, it's not like the creators of the game would do something so terrible as to force people to play it using hypnosis.
    I mean... That would be illegal.
    Well, had they put leveling, achievements and alternative endings in it, the effect would more or less be identical to hypnosis. Probably even more efficient, actually.

Show

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

You become an adult when you:

Know who you are
    Know what you want
    Take responsibility
    Hmmm, 3/4...

Indeed that would likely be the case. But alas... I have never attended a costume party. I also don't drink and am incredibly boring at parties.
    Fear the wrath of the book I brought along to read!
    I know a guy who took a book to a nightclub

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Well, had they put leveling, achievements and alternative endings in it, the effect would more or less be identical to hypnosis. Probably even more efficient, actually.
    Somehow, I think that they knew they would have trouble if they had done so.

Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post
    But aren't nightclubs poorly illuminated? You'd have to take along a booklight or something!
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

18. - Top - End - #768
    Titan in the Playground

But aren't nightclubs poorly illuminated? You'd have to take along a booklight or something!
    You could always try and follow the bright spots on the dance floor (no one would notice anything out of the ordinary anyway). Or perhaps read in the light of the strobe. Time your words per minute frequency correctly and you'll get to read the book twice: one for the odd numbered words and one for the even.

Show

19. - Top - End - #769
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Ugh. Turks seem to have monoplozied the food-gasm market. Lewis has it be the food of Satan for God's sake!
    Have you tasted Swedish Surströmming? After that, everything gives you a food-gasm.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

20. - Top - End - #770

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Have you tasted Swedish Surströmming? After that, everything gives you a food-gasm.
    I god surstromming. That's...not a good thing.

So, Hallowee is coming up. I'm thinking me and Mom will go buy some chocolate and candy for us to eat. Which should we get?

21. - Top - End - #771

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    So, Hallowee is coming up. I'm thinking me and Mom will go buy some chocolate and candy for us to eat. Which should we get?
    Well, what do you like?

I don't even know what's available up there, and I think you're a bit late to be ordering anything shipped up in time for halloween.
    Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #772

Well, the idea is that we buy them at Walmart.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ettin in the Playground

Do they have the same candy in Canada as they do in the US? Otherwise, I can't really recommend much.
    A few odds and ends.

24. - Top - End - #774

NecromancerGuy

That still doesn't tell me what you like, love.

I like peanut butter related candies.

If I could brush my teeth with peanut-flavored toothpaste I probably would.
    Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #775
    Bugbear in the Playground

As much as I love peanut butter, that would be TERRIBLE. I mean, I've been known to just eat peanut butter with a spoon, my mouth would NOT feel clean after brushing with peanut butter toothpaste.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post
    I have a friend who was dragged to Prom last year and just read a book throughout the whole thing.

So you want low quality chocolate?

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, so no school for me tomorrow. YEAH, INCLEMENT WEATHER!!! Although, to be honest, I have no idea why they're cancelling classes. (I should probably look at the forecast.)

ION: My RL D&D group finally got together for another session. We spent an hour or so (a really long time for this group, trust me) on a riddle the DM thought was easy, until he just gave up (DM sigh = VICTORY!). Oh, and we leveled up.
    A few odds and ends.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Okay, so no school for me tomorrow. YEAH, INCLEMENT WEATHER!!! Although, to be honest, I have no idea why they're cancelling classes. (I should probably look at the forecast.)

ION: My RL D&D group finally got together for another session. We spent an hour or so (a really long time for this group, trust me) on a riddle the DM thought was easy, until he just gave up (DM sigh = VICTORY!). Oh, and we leveled up.
    Same here. The first bit, I mean.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2012-10-28 at 08:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #779

NecromancerGuy

I have a friend who was dragged to Prom last year and just read a book throughout the whole thing.
    At least with prom they've usually got enough foresight in planning them to have clean, well-lit bathrooms with plenty of extra stalls in addition to the suitably darkened so that the chaperones don't have to pay attention to everything dance floor and table area.
    Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #780

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Do they have the same candy in Canada as they do in the US? Otherwise, I can't really recommend much.

We've got most of the standard American candies and chocolate. Mints, chocolate bars, cadbury creme eggs, twizzlers, nibs, things like that. Those are the things I like!

So you want low quality chocolate?
    I've never gone to any prom or dance or anything like that.

No no, they actually sell belgian chocolates at our Walmart.