New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1499
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Nah, it's just a thing my dorm does every now and then. I didn't actually go to a single Halloween party; I just changed the sign on my door that usually says whether I'm here or not to say that I was WATCHING and drew a creepy face. Heck, even back home I'd just hand out candy and write down all of the costumes for statistical analysis (last year there was a strangely high incidence of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles).

...I'm rambling, aren't I? I'll stop now.
    That sounds absolutely fantastic actually and costume statistics sounds rather interesting; since I have never been responsible for candy giving due to there being help hired for that I can only count and not record interesting costumes whilst walking the streets myself.

Which leads to the second tradition, the one where I take my costume for Otakufest and use it for Halloween because... why not?

This year was better than last year all things considered, with people mistaking Tiamet for a German Musketeer.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-11-02 at 11:45 PM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

German... Musketeer? WHAT? Who thinks the Three are GERMAN? I ART CONFUSED.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    There are things called Tiamet that aren't dragons, you know.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

This kind of confused?

Or this kind of confused?

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Ettin in the Playground

They are of course English!

Must have been the red hair most probably.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Again, there is so much one can acquire in terms of weaponry before it becomes notable; on does not wait until he is in danger but waits in preparation.
    Especially when you have a brother who creates his own artillery pieces.

It is easy to find someone gone into hiding when you have been following said person before it disappeared. I now have a reason to do so, the possible benefits will outweigh any potential costs it seems.
    Even if said person has a knack for disappearing while in plain sight?

Also, now you're not even trying to live fast, now you're just trying to live paranoid.

Do you assume I'm another classical villain?

No, there are ways more prosperous then killing, hostages are perhaps the best security one can have against another, specially when said another relies in area of effect artillery.
    You know, trying to stave off my unannounced preemptive bombardment by kidnapping my family members is kind of a game-changer. Why would I use artillery after that when a strike time would be much more appropriate. Or Interpol.

Given, flashbang shells may have their merits. Soporific gases could be considered as well, but the Russians made the dangers of such tactics quite clear a while ago.

He lived 23, I would consider that dying young.
    He lived to the age of 33, and the cause of his death was most likely an overdose of a decoction thought to bring good health. Doesn't sound especially much like a desire to die young to me.

You mean sap? Which the Canadians have been feeding to the world for quite a long time (granted, not bonsais, but still...).
    It was half past 2 in the morning, give my wits a break. Also, it's something of a joke based on a misspelling I made initially. Not that anyone except me would get that, but then again, that's kind of the point.

My cooking is oddly enough not actually lethal (and also lacking in Strychnine) and surprisingly palatable according to acquaintances and family despite what they saw went into the food.
    Given, I'm just picky with food in general (an unforeseen consequence of that is that I've become quite able at precision cutting with a knife), so I may frown nevertheless.

Historical fact: There only ever were three muskets in existence, and they were carried by the three gentlemen named Athos, Porthos and Aramis. Warfare was really lame for a while there before the rifle was invented.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    He lived to the age of 33, and the cause of his death was most likely an overdose of a decoction thought to bring good health. Doesn't sound especially much like a desire to die young to me.
    Hellebore. And yes, he definitely had no intentions to die any time soon.
    After all, he had plans to invade Arabia.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Troll in the Playground

Historical fact: There only ever were three muskets in existence, and they were carried by the three gentlemen named Athos, Porthos and Aramis. Warfare was really lame for a while there before the rifle was invented.
    Yeah, I don't think Alexander decided to die young. Even IF he somehow knew that every other military commander would go "I'll never be as good as ALEX" and get all emo and never even try, I think he'd rather not die. Dying is generally seen as bad.

Obviously. And they totally only ever used muskets, and were not, rather, choreographed swordsmen. I LIKE this "use blue for sarcasm" thing. Can it get universal, so I can say "I was being blue"? ;)
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-11-03 at 11:43 AM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Ettin in the Playground

Especially when you have a brother who creates his own artillery pieces.
    The base materials are not especially inconspicuous at least not if you want something which actually does considerable artillery damage.
    Even if said person has a knack for disappearing while in plain sight?
    Unless there is an invisibility cloak I have not heard of then yes.
    Also, now you're not even trying to live fast, now you're just trying to live paranoid.
    Have I not already stated my paranoia?
    You know, trying to stave off my unannounced preemptive bombardment by kidnapping my family members is kind of a game-changer. Why would I use artillery after that when a strike time would be much more appropriate. Or Interpol.
    At which point I restate my state of mind and propensity towards weaponry, their end would be painless at the very least, that or explosive. And you may notice my address has never been revealed if not for the fact that perhaps I not have only one place of residence.
    Given, flashbang shells may have their merits. Soporific gases could be considered as well, but the Russians made the dangers of such tactics quite clear a while ago.
    I'd just mail a certain bacillus if I wanted to be done with it.
    There are several possibilities, and many amongst them are him drinking himself to death.
    Given, I'm just picky with food in general (an unforeseen consequence of that is that I've become quite able at precision cutting with a knife), so I may frown nevertheless.
    Your pickiness most likely does not approach mine at all, with all fruits and vegetables outside of my area of consumption.
    Rumours speak of a fourth one called Juanito.

10. - Top - End - #1210

I've got timbits, mints, hot chocolate, and Assassin's Creed 3, some lightbulbs, and a blanket. This is a good weekend.

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Titan in the Playground

I'll be trying out a new medicine. Hopefully it will keep me from sleeping 12-14 hours per day. The cat is thinking I sleep too much. Especially when he's hungry.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    I'll be trying out a new medicine. Hopefully it will keep me from sleeping 12-14 hours per day. The cat is thinking I sleep too much. Especially when he's hungry.
    Most cats think that any human being sleeps too much, especially when it results in less food and/or affection than they think they deserve.
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I've got timbits, mints, hot chocolate, and Assassin's Creed 3, some lightbulbs, and a blanket. This is a good weekend.
    Sounds nice, LaZ. I think I'm going to finally get around to putting up the chin up bar and read Hellsing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Titan in the Playground

The base materials are not especially inconspicuous at least not if you want something which actually does considerable artillery damage.
    It's a matter of dedication. I wouldn't bet against my brother on this...

Have I not already stated my paranoia?
    Amping it up to para-paranoia, then.

At which point I restate my state of mind and propensity towards weaponry, their end would be painless at the very least, that or explosive. And you may notice my address has never been revealed if not for the fact that perhaps I not have only one place of residence.
    Yes, because shooting the cops is a wonderful idea and won't get you into any trouble at all.

And in all honesty, I estimate that if you gave me a few days time to look through the sources and write up the scripts, I could probably track you down to a single name only based on what little (not really) information you've left about youself on these forums. Assuming you aren't but an intricate web of lies, of course.

I'd just mail a certain bacillus if I wanted to be done with it.
    Yes, because powder-containing envelopes from Peru aren't the slightest suspicious.

There are several possibilities, and many amongst them are him drinking himself to death.
    How can many of these different possibilities be the same? Do they all acount for different drinks?

Your pickiness most likely does not approach mine at all, with all fruits and vegetables outside of my area of consumption.
    It's kind of cute how you're like a reverse vegetarian who can't eat vegetables because they're all so cute and your friends. And then you snuggle a bundle of carrots. Stereotyping vegetarians FTW.

And it doesn't matter what you say, because this is how I will view you forever and ever and ever.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2012-11-03 at 06:22 PM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Ettin in the Playground

It's a matter of dedication. I wouldn't bet against my brother on this...
    But it is also a matter of stealth in doing so.
    Amping it up to para-paranoia, then.
    Meta-para-paranoia
    Yes, because shooting the cops is a wonderful idea and won't get you into any trouble at all.
    Because it is not like Colombia is not a car ride away allowing an easy escape to a lawless haven. National Stereotypes yay!
    And in all honesty, I estimate that if you gave me a few days time to look through the sources and write up the scripts, I could probably track you down to a single name only based on what little (not really) information you've left about youself on these forums. Assuming you aren't but an intricate web of lies, of course.
    It'd be interesting to see you try.
    Yes, because powder-containing envelopes from Peru aren't the slightest suspicious.
    Assuming I send it from Peru and no misleading elements on the envelope.
    How can many of these different possibilities be the same? Do they all acount for different drinks?
    For different liver based disease or the one drink that killed him or something caused by alcohol.
    It's kind of cute how you're like a reverse vegetarian who can't eat vegetables because they're all so cute and your friends. And then you snuggle a bundle of carrots. Stereotyping vegetarians FTW.

And it doesn't matter what you say, because this is how I will view you forever and ever and ever.
    I do not snuggle produce, commonly edible plants I loath; it is aesthetic specimens and landscaping plants that I adore.

I also do not step on grass but bunnies, I do not trim topiaries but cats.

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Titan in the Playground

What about d'Artagnan and Albert?
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    What about d'Artagnan and Albert?
    The first one is actually called Juanito, the Mexican Musketeer which the French tried to retcon through novels into being a Frenchman.

Albert is another part of the French conspiracy and never existed.

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Titan in the Playground

Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Ettin in the Playground

He's as real as Richelieu was actually evil.

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Titan in the Playground

I thought by the fact that I linked a children's cartoon intro that it would be obvious I was aware of that :P

Spoiler
    Show

He's Owlbear the Fifth Musketeer!
    Last edited by Heliomance; 2012-11-03 at 07:46 PM.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    I thought by the fact that I linked a children's cartoon intro that it would be obvious I was aware of that :P

Spoiler
    Show

He's Owlbear the Fifth Musketeer!
    The French ploy is of course as effective as one would expect.

And indeed that's the actual German Musketeer.

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

The TRAILER for Castle in the Sky before Kiki's Delivery service made me choke up. I am far too sentimental.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Ettin in the Playground

Obviously. And they totally only ever used muskets, and were not, rather, choreographed swordsmen. I LIKE this "use blue for sarcasm" thing. Can it get universal, so I can say "I was being blue"? ;)
    Yes!

That would be perfect, actually. We should start doing that, and see if people catch on.
    A few odds and ends.

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ah, Saturday. The day in which I do nothing that I intended to do. *sigh* I'll have to content myself with working on knots for my Technical Theater class. *proceeds to make bowline knots*
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

25. - Top - End - #1225

NecromancerGuy

Ah, Saturday. The day in which I do nothing that I intended to do. *sigh* I'll have to content myself with working on knots for my Technical Theater class. *proceeds to make bowline knots*
    Knowing your way around rope is always handy, even aside from Theater.

I know what you mean about Saturdays never quite going as planned though.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    The TRAILER for Castle in the Sky before Kiki's Delivery service made me choke up. I am far too sentimental.
    Sentimental, you say? First Miyazaki film you saw?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Knowing your way around rope is always handy, even aside from Theater.

I know what you mean about Saturdays never quite going as planned though.
    ...What do YOU use the rope for?
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-11-03 at 10:17 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh my...

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Ettin in the Playground

...Practicing the alpine butterfly knot, of course. It's a real knot, although I don't actually know how to tie it. Some of my friends do, though. I might get them to teach me.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2012-11-03 at 10:24 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

I'm a sailor, knowing how to use ropes* is one of the most important skills.

*There are no ropes on a boat.

ION: Installed the SRWare Iron browser and AdBlock Plus, then whitelisted giantitp.com. It's working pretty well, much better than Firefox.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Firbolg in the Playground

guys. Finished the second season of Doctor Who. I already watched the first episode of the third season a little bit ago, and then I watched the end of the final episode and it all connected perfectly and I just fell out of my chair.

Help me. I've been given the role of a slightly mad (nervous revenge-driven breakdown) doctor (of linguistics) and I immediately incorporated a bow tie into his suit.

I'm turning into a Whovian, I really really think so.

Oh, and I just found out one of the Intellectual *******s watches Doctor Who when he mumbled a reference to it during lunch, then proceeded to blush and mumble "allons-y" under his breath when I caught what he said.

ASDDGHLjLARGHLBLARUGHLWHENDIDWHATIDONTEVENWHATRDOC TORWHOOOOOOO
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show