Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 1499
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kneenibble's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    I am a gooey puddle of squee right now. I will kidnap all Rainbow Lorikeets from Australia to kiss their fluffy bellies and feed them raspberries. You have been warned.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    That sounds like an interesting story and I would like you to share.
    The fellow in question entered the room I was sitting, and I was momentarily overwhelmed by a feeling of warmth and a bright saffron-yellow light. This was very shortly after he had finished his pilgrimage, too. After that first flash I didn't see it again, but he was a lovely sweet man with kind eyes.

    He did not give it to me himself -- another monk gave it to him, who gave it to me. The shawl/blanket is very soft but quite plain and kind of ugly, in contrast to the other luxurious & gaudy textiles I collect. But it is more special than they.

    Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    Nobile? Since when?
    Your global peregrinations, and the privileged family that permits them; your refined pastimes; your retinue of artisanal friends; your aristocratic features: nobile, sir.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Bah! I drink only distilled, de-ionized water. There are no molecules in it aside from hydrogen and oxygen. I don't even BREATHE on it. Well, that's what I would do if I was filthy rich, anyway. As is, I can barely afford tap water.
    Drinking distilled water is actually bad for you. The water sweeps up minerals from your body and takes them with it on the way out.
    Cuthalion put this avatar together, but don't go squawking all over town about it.

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Archpaladin Zousha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Vale of Thorns
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

    My parents came home today after a week-long vacation in Florida, just the two of them, to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary. After catching up with each other and going out to dinner, I started playing this "Alter-Ego" game I found where you play as someone right from birth and make decisions that affect their personality and life. Going through it made me think about my life, all my parents have done for me, and all the places they kept me from harm, and it just makes me cry with happiness that they're home and safe. I love them so much. Don't know where to find an emoticon indicating that you're crying but happy.

    THE TEN-MINUTE BACKGROUND
    Based off of the Minimus RPG engine, copyright 2008 Ad Astra Games, used with permission. Minimus is donation-ware, if you like it, please contribute as per the instructions in the file.

    Grey Warden avatar courtesy of Dorian Soth. Many thanks!

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Coidzor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Viking Bar Fight
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

    ^: This is the closest I could find after a cursory search.

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Hey guys, Homecoming starts in 10 minutes, should I go?
    If you have to ask, and violence is unlikely at worst, then the answer is yes.

    Even if you don't enjoy it, it is a life experience and can come in handy somehow if you play it right.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-10-20 at 11:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    In Progress: The Totem Shaman (Totemist/Divine PrC) And Friends!
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mutant Sheep's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagolandia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

    Homecoming and school dances lack fun without A. The best group ever to happen ever or B. You iz futbal

    However, they are fun. If'n you has fwends. Or is a futbal.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-10-20 at 11:27 PM.
    Warning: I'm bad at making sensical statements. Readers of this post, beware.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

    Many thanks piled to Teddy's Skeetches for custom avatar.

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Coidzor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Viking Bar Fight
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Homecoming and school dances lack fun without A. The best group ever to happen ever or B. You iz futbal
    Ah, but learning to make your own fun, or, failing that, mischief, is all part of the process.

    Though, yes, it is easier with a group of like-minded confederates. Though malcontents eager to be lead are not always so hard to find for the persuasive. Or that hard to persuade if one comes up with a good plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    In Progress: The Totem Shaman (Totemist/Divine PrC) And Friends!
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kneenibble's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

    Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    My parents came home today after a week-long vacation in Florida, just the two of them, to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary. After catching up with each other and going out to dinner, I started playing this "Alter-Ego" game I found where you play as someone right from birth and make decisions that affect their personality and life. Going through it made me think about my life, all my parents have done for me, and all the places they kept me from harm, and it just makes me cry with happiness that they're home and safe. I love them so much. Don't know where to find an emoticon indicating that you're crying but happy.
    *hugs* I'm happy that you can appreciate your family in this way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Homecoming and school dances lack fun without A. The best group ever to happen ever or B. You iz futbal
    It took me a while to figure out how this works grammatically. At first I thought the periods after the letters denoted the end of sentences, trying to figure out what you meant by "A", going cross-eyed at the second part, and laughing at the random insult at the end.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-10-20 at 11:12 PM.
    Cuthalion put this avatar together, but don't go squawking all over town about it.

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dimonite's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    With the Dragonpuppies
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ah, but learning to make your own fun, or, failing that, mischief, is all part of the process.

    Though, yes, it is easier with a group of like-minded confederates. Though malcontents eager to be lead are not always so hard to find for the persuasive. Or that hard to persuade if one comes up with a good plan.
    Well I certainly wouldn't want to be lead. I'm heavy and toxic enough as is!

    But I've never actually been to a school dance. I can't dance and people are annoying, especially when they're doing inappropriate things with each other under the guise of "dance" to music best described as a sheet of tin falling off a cliff while the world's angriest man gets a root canal with no anesthesia. (I REALLY don't enjoy most modern music)
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy by Cuthalion

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Coidzor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Viking Bar Fight
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Well I certainly wouldn't want to be lead. I'm heavy and toxic enough as is!

    But I've never actually been to a school dance. I can't dance and people are annoying, especially when they're doing inappropriate things with each other under the guise of "dance" to music best described as a sheet of tin falling off a cliff while the world's angriest man gets a root canal with no anesthesia. (I REALLY don't enjoy most modern music)
    Capital! With that much of a hands-off, not wanting to touch it with a ten foot pole attitude, they're positively ripe with [opportunity].

    Though, really, you should do something about that toxicity, I hear you can find someone to help in your local city. Once I just got a bit of bleach on my tongue and it's only just now starting to grow those pieces back.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-10-20 at 11:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    In Progress: The Totem Shaman (Totemist/Divine PrC) And Friends!
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dimonite's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    With the Dragonpuppies
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Capital! With that much of a hands-off, not wanting to touch it with a ten foot pole attitude, they're positively ripe with [opportunity].

    Though, really, you should do something about that toxicity, I hear you can find someone to help in your local city. Once I just got a bit of bleach on my tongue and it's only just now starting to grow those pieces back.
    Oh, no bleach on my tongue, good sir; I simply store copious amounts of venom there. Reserved, of course, for those who are fool enough to wrong me.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy by Cuthalion

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Hey guys, Homecoming starts in 10 minutes, should I go?
    Maybe I don't know! If you don't go come online at the very least

    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    The fellow in question entered the room I was sitting, and I was momentarily overwhelmed by a feeling of warmth and a bright saffron-yellow light. This was very shortly after he had finished his pilgrimage, too. After that first flash I didn't see it again, but he was a lovely sweet man with kind eyes.

    He did not give it to me himself -- another monk gave it to him, who gave it to me. The shawl/blanket is very soft but quite plain and kind of ugly, in contrast to the other luxurious & gaudy textiles I collect. But it is more special than they.
    That sounds really awesome Knee. It's cool that you got to have such an expierance
    Shin Megami Tensei FS: Season Two!

    Additionaly: OOC Thread!

    Lets Watch: RWBY, an experiment in self torture.

    Avatar by Elder Tsofu. Thanks!

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mutant Sheep's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagolandia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    It took me a while to figure out how this works grammatically. At first I thought the periods after the letters denoted the end of sentences, trying to figure out what you meant by "A", going cross-eyed at the second part, and laughing at the random insult at the end.
    Yeah, I don't know how the "reason A and reason B" thing works. Sorry. (Yeah, thats one of my top insults I use. It is futbal. )

    Also, a Canadian Conteniental traversing monk sounds epic and deserving of a cool-ass musical and/or killer movie.
    Warning: I'm bad at making sensical statements. Readers of this post, beware.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

    Many thanks piled to Teddy's Skeetches for custom avatar.

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    MoonCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

    Skipped Homecoming in favor of watching Doctor Who for the first time.

    High-fives?
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Squeeable Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

    Spoiler
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mutant Sheep's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagolandia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

    HIGH FIVES FOR THE MOONCAT. *high fives, then low five AND in the middle away we go or however that rhyme went I cant remember*

    Turnabout is a better dance anyway.
    Warning: I'm bad at making sensical statements. Readers of this post, beware.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

    Many thanks piled to Teddy's Skeetches for custom avatar.

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Skipped Homecoming in favor of watching Doctor Who for the first time.

    High-fives?
    High fives! Woo!
    Shin Megami Tensei FS: Season Two!

    Additionaly: OOC Thread!

    Lets Watch: RWBY, an experiment in self torture.

    Avatar by Elder Tsofu. Thanks!

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    MoonCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    HIGH FIVES FOR THE MOONCAT. *high fives, then low five AND in the middle away we go or however that rhyme went I cant remember*

    Turnabout is a better dance anyway.
    There's a rhyme? Anyway, the dance is over in 21 minutes and I didn't even know if anyone I knew would be there.

    The heck's that?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    High fives! Woo!
    Woooo.

    ION: Due to roleplaying my DnD character drunk right now, I keep on accidentally typing my normal posts in drunk speak as well. This is proving to be slightly annoying.

    IOON: My mom just walked in to see a paused image of Christopher Eccleston. She immediately said. "Oh look, a Brit.' Then she correctly guessed approximately what area. I can attest to her lack of knowledge on this beforehand.

    I think my mom is magic.
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Squeeable Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

    Spoiler
    Show

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    There's a rhyme? Anyway, the dance is over in 21 minutes and I didn't even know if anyone I knew would be there.

    The heck's that?



    Woooo.

    ION: Due to roleplaying my DnD character drunk right now, I keep on accidentally typing my normal posts in drunk speak as well. This is proving to be slightly annoying.

    IOON: My mom just walked in to see a paused image of Christopher Eccleston. She immediately said. "Oh look, a Brit.' Then she correctly guessed approximately what area. I can attest to her lack of knowledge on this beforehand.

    I think my mom is magic.
    Magic, ooor she just is good at hiding that she knows how to identify british people. Either or could work, honestly.
    Shin Megami Tensei FS: Season Two!

    Additionaly: OOC Thread!

    Lets Watch: RWBY, an experiment in self torture.

    Avatar by Elder Tsofu. Thanks!

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    MoonCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Magic, ooor she just is good at hiding that she knows how to identify british people. Either or could work, honestly.
    What kind of magic power is that?

    ION: My History teacher played us A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum because she didn't want to try and fail to make us study on Homecoming Week. I love that class.

    But now I've got Comedy Tonight stuck in my head for a whole week. <grumbles>
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Squeeable Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

    Spoiler
    Show

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    What kind of magic power is that?

    ION: My History teacher played us A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum because she didn't want to try and fail to make us study on Homecoming Week. I love that class.

    But now I've got Comedy Tonight stuck in my head for a whole week. <grumbles>
    A fairly useless but interesting magic power.

    I'm unsure if that's good or not.
    Shin Megami Tensei FS: Season Two!

    Additionaly: OOC Thread!

    Lets Watch: RWBY, an experiment in self torture.

    Avatar by Elder Tsofu. Thanks!

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Mynxae's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    QLD, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Magic, ooor she just is good at hiding that she knows how to identify british people. Either or could work, honestly.
    Wouldn't it be by either accent or sexiness?

    ION: My Lords of Creation game is falling around my ears 'cause everyone is fighting and at least one person has quit already. <- That face barely contains my sadness and tears about this. I had such high hopes for it..
    LGBTitP

    Avatar by Dirtytabs.

    Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    MoonCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    A fairly useless but interesting magic power.

    I'm unsure if that's good or not.
    It's good. Me loves the Sondheim.
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Squeeable Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

    Spoiler
    Show

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Elemental's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    An Abyssal Tower
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Try not to confuse the butcherbird with the magpie. The latter will swoop down and bombdive you with its beak.

    Australia, where even the birds will attack you.
    Hmm... I've never been attacked by one. In fact, they don't seem to be concerned when I walk near them.


    Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Elsewhere you list the things that attack you, in Haustralia you list those that don't.
    I do not want to work for the Department of Tourism. At least not without getting paid.


    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    I've been led to believe that distilled water tastes weird.
    Merely because people aren't used to drinking it.

    Anyway... On the topic of birds, I know magpies can be tamed by offering them food. My Great Aunt does that and they show up every afternoon.
    But I wouldn't put them in the cuddly category.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reingo View Post
    You think I'd use Haddocks? No! We shall duel with Herrings, at midnight, and it shall be a Lumberjacking contest!
    *ahem* Challenged gets first choice of weapon. Therefore, if Heliomance wants Haddocks, then Heliomance gets Haddocks.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    They are, root to leaf, fantastically poisonous, aren’t they? I shall be careful with them, certaignly. But on the other hand they are so, so beautiful, and I have a perfect spot for them to unfurl their stalks of fingertip blooms.

    Not only are shade gardens cooling and refreshing, but the garden plants that thrive in shade are usually very pretty and unusual. A thriving hosta with its graceful probisces of pale purple flowers; the bunched blue-green fronds of a bleeding heart, with its arched boughs of candy-like blossoms; dainty lacy ferns; others more exotic whose name I know not.

    As to bleeding hearts, are we talking about the same plant? For some reason I thought it was a pretty exclusively cold-weather perennial which would not be able to grow in your kind of climate. This? --
    Spoiler
    Show
    Indeed. And they retain their poison even when dried. Let me see... Poisonous leaves, poisonous roots, poisonous pollen. Even the water in the vases that they are placed in becomes poisonous.

    And I agree. There are so many beautiful and exotic plants that would wither away before direct sunlight. Down the side of the house we mainly have orchids, a few ferns placed on purpose, and several opportunistic ferns, including a tree fern under the back stairs.

    And no, that's not what I meant by Bleeding Heart. I'm not sure of the exact variety, but it's a climbing vine...
    Let's see if I can find a picture...
    Spoiler
    Show

    That's as close as I could find. Clerodendrum I think it is...


    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Elemental, you will hurt her feelings… you must let her preen you wherever she wishes, even be it the very edge of your eyelid
    But I like my eyes...


    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I am a gooey puddle of squee right now. I will kidnap all Rainbow Lorikeets from Australia to kiss their fluffy bellies and feed them raspberries. You have been warned.
    I don't know if they'd eat raspberries... And indeed, it may be too cold for them in Canada.
    As such, I can't allow you take them all, only some.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    ION: My Lords of Creation game is falling around my ears 'cause everyone is fighting and at least one person has quit already. <- That face barely contains my sadness and tears about this. I had such high hopes for it..
    Maybe if you had spelt discord correctly...
    Anyway... What happened to it?
    Merry Happy New Year!

    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    Nightmare by Smuchmuch. (::)

    Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

    My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

    Dragons!

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Teddy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Bah! I drink only distilled, de-ionized water. There are no molecules in it aside from hydrogen and oxygen. I don't even BREATHE on it. Well, that's what I would do if I was filthy rich, anyway. As is, I can barely afford tap water.
    In that state, I think breathing it is your only option. I mean, its drinkability is actually unfavourably compared to its flammability.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    ION: My Lords of Creation game is falling around my ears 'cause everyone is fighting and at least one person has quit already. <- That face barely contains my sadness and tears about this. I had such high hopes for it..
    Ahh, the glory of intra-party conflict. Is it the players or just their characters who are fighting?
    I'm doing a Tour de Friends! Please drop by and tell me if you're interested in having me drop by for a visit this summer!

    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

    Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Mynxae's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    QLD, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Maybe if you had spelt discord correctly...
    Anyway... What happened to it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Ahh, the glory of intra-party conflict. Is it the players or just their characters who are fighting?
    Everyone's just been fighting and whinging about things not going their way, when those things are meant to happen in a Lords of Creation game. Happens to me all the time but do I rant about it? No.

    Essentially everyone ganged up on one person first, then after that person was forced to quit because of that (I think they did anyhow, they've been posting in other places yet not a word in the OOC), and now they're all attacking someone else who is now wanting to leave. Part of me wants to just close down the whole game because of it.

    EDIT: And it's both the players and characters in-game who're fighting.
    Last edited by Mynxae; 2012-10-21 at 04:48 AM.
    LGBTitP

    Avatar by Dirtytabs.

    Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Elemental's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    An Abyssal Tower
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Everyone's just been fighting and whinging about things not going their way, when those things are meant to happen in a Lords of Creation game. Happens to me all the time but do I rant about it? No.

    Essentially everyone ganged up on one person first, then after that person was forced to quit because of that (I think they did anyhow, they've been posting in other places yet not a word in the OOC), and now they're all attacking someone else who is now wanting to leave. Part of me wants to just close down the whole game because of it.

    EDIT: And it's both the players and characters in-game who're fighting.
    Tell me a bit about the characters who the others ganged up on.
    After all, if someone's playing the God of Devouring Souls and Killing Things, and everyone else is playing a kind deity, then conflict is inevitable.
    Merry Happy New Year!

    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    Nightmare by Smuchmuch. (::)

    Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

    My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

    Dragons!

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Mynxae's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    QLD, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Tell me a bit about the characters who the others ganged up on.
    After all, if someone's playing the God of Devouring Souls and Killing Things, and everyone else is playing a kind deity, then conflict is inevitable.
    He's playing essentially the God of Justice. The first one who left (I think) is the God of Magic I think..
    LGBTitP

    Avatar by Dirtytabs.

    Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Elemental's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    An Abyssal Tower
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    He's playing essentially the God of Justice. The first one who left (I think) is the God of Magic I think..
    Justice can be an annoying one to have properly mesh in.
    Merry Happy New Year!

    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    Nightmare by Smuchmuch. (::)

    Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

    My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

    Dragons!

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Mynxae's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    QLD, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Justice can be an annoying one to have properly mesh in.
    He's trying to lock up a God of Murder and a God of.. I dunno actually, a big wolf dude who's played by HalfTangible, so anything happens (evil though).

    And the pantheon of eleven people, are on the bad guys side, not the God of Justice's side.
    LGBTitP

    Avatar by Dirtytabs.

    Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    randman22222's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Spaaaaaaaaaace!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Skipped Homecoming in favor of watching Doctor Who for the first time.

    High-fives?
    Normally I'd say just try out a dance with your friends; even if you don't like it, it'll be an... interesting experience, I guess. (I myself have a dancing quota. I only feel like dancing about once every three or four years.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Snip.
    The fellow in question entered the room I was sitting, and I was momentarily overwhelmed by a feeling of warmth and a bright saffron-yellow light. This was very shortly after he had finished his pilgrimage, too. After that first flash I didn't see it again, but he was a lovely sweet man with kind eyes.

    He did not give it to me himself -- another monk gave it to him, who gave it to me. The shawl/blanket is very soft but quite plain and kind of ugly, in contrast to the other luxurious & gaudy textiles I collect. But it is more special than they.



    Your global peregrinations, and the privileged family that permits them; your refined pastimes; your retinue of artisanal friends; your aristocratic features: nobile, sir.
    Snip.
    What an extraordinary experience...
    And HAHAHA at the bolded bit. My friends are great people, but that's not how I'd describe the vast majority of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Snip.
    ION: My Lords of Creation game is falling around my ears 'cause everyone is fighting and at least one person has quit already. <- That face barely contains my sadness and tears about this. I had such high hopes for it..
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Everyone's just been fighting and whinging about things not going their way, when those things are meant to happen in a Lords of Creation game. Happens to me all the time but do I rant about it? No.

    Essentially everyone ganged up on one person first, then after that person was forced to quit because of that (I think they did anyhow, they've been posting in other places yet not a word in the OOC), and now they're all attacking someone else who is now wanting to leave. Part of me wants to just close down the whole game because of it.

    EDIT: And it's both the players and characters in-game who're fighting.
    Try PMing them all and telling them that this type of game usually goes like that... Though, to be honest, eleven players could just be too much to handle. It could also just be the wrong group of players.
    This avatar the property of Phase.

    ToneClusterAdvocate/CounterCounterCulture

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Elemental's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    An Abyssal Tower
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

    Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    Try PMing them all and telling them that this type of game usually goes like that... Though, to be honest, eleven players could just be too much to handle. It could also just be the wrong group of players.
    I'd read through Mynxae's game, but it's reached the point where I can't be bothered to.
    But, I have played in a couple Lords of Creations before, and eleven isn't too many.

    @Mynxae: Have you placed alignment restrictions to keep the balance of good and evil in check?
    Law and chaos aren't as important, but it still needs watching.
    Merry Happy New Year!

    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    Nightmare by Smuchmuch. (::)

    Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

    My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

    Dragons!

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Mauve Shirt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pelican City
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

    When will hotel internet be cheaper and automatically included in the bill like water and TV and getting your room cleaned every morning?
    bees

    Iron Avatarist is on hiatus. Feel free to admire my trophies, though.
    Spoiler
    Show

    I am not brave enough to say something outrageous and be serious. You'll be happier if you assume I'm joking.
    Stealthy Kurienatar!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •