New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

So. Just realized. I'm still really mad about Sensei no Bludge being cancelled. I really hope we get Tankoban here in the states. There'd only be two.

It started out so strong too, dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    So. Just realized. I'm still really mad about Sensei no Bludge being cancelled. I really hope we get Tankoban here in the states. There'd only be two.

It started out so strong too, dammit.
    I'm normally loathe to buy manga because I don't usually have the funds for it, but if Barrage got a english release I'd buy the hell out of it. I want it to do so well in sales that it gets picked up again, but anyone. Hell, put it in the same magazine Air Gear was in, it'll instantly be better then literally everything else.

3. - Top - End - #183

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Guys. Doctor Who. Guys.

GUYS DOCTOR WHO IS FRICKING AMAZING AND I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH THIS BECAUSE I AM RUNNING OUT OF REASONS TO NOT CALL MYSELF A NERD.
    Well, you know, generally we don't need to call ourselves such things, we just is.

Honestly don't know how you've gone this long without having seen it before the other night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

4. - Top - End - #184

To be fair, I haven't seen Dr Who either.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I'm normally loathe to buy manga because I don't usually have the funds for it, but if Barrage got a english release I'd buy the hell out of it. I want it to do so well in sales that it gets picked up again, but anyone. Hell, put it in the same magazine Air Gear was in, it'll instantly be better then literally everything else.
    Things selling well in Japan don't bring manga back from the dead. Not normally anyway. And the market here is smaller then the Japanese one, but do.

6. - Top - End - #186

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Things selling well in Japan don't bring manga back from the dead. Not normally anyway. And the market here is smaller then the Japanese one, but do.
    Yes but I want it to somehow sell so well it does so ;_;

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

To be fair, I haven't seen Dr Who either.
    Same here, but then again, I'm not much for TV shows in general. The only shows I've spent much time watching are M*A*S*H and South Park.
    A few odds and ends.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Bugbear in the Playground

I really don't even know what Doctor Who is about. I think that me knowing that there are multiple Doctors is the extent of my knowledge, and I don't even quite understand if that just means multiple actors play the character or if it's like a title that's passed down. I think there's a phone booth involved, but to what extent? *shrug*

ION: Making money in Animal Crossing is significantly easier than my childhood self remembers it being. I only play for 20-30 minutes each day, but I'm paying off 10,000 from the debt before I finish every time. Hm. This is a good thing, of course. Larger houses, larger life. And by that I mean more furniture.

IOON: I injured my foot a couple of weeks ago and had to walk on it at school anyway. I had a fair limp; the injury was a cut on the very bottom of my right foot. It only hurt for a week before all the medicine worked its magic, but I was sooo glad after I was able to run on it again. Some things you just need to be able to do, to feel good about yourself, you know?

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    ION: Making money in Animal Crossing is significantly easier than my childhood self remembers it being. I only play for 20-30 minutes each day, but I'm paying off 10,000 from the debt before I finish every time. Hm. This is a good thing, of course. Larger houses, larger life. And by that I mean more furniture.
    Time travel to new year, collect, repeat to next year and then a year back. Debt Paid completely in 5 hours of play.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Time travel to new year, collect, repeat to next year and then a year back. Debt Paid completely in 5 hours of play.
    I seem to recall that this also replaces every square inch of grass in town with weeds, which I would feel saddened at. I am convinced they are in the game solely as evil incentive for the player to never stop playing, just to keep up with the spread. I checked an old memory card (they're all old) with a town on it I hadn't played in 58 months. Weeds. Everywhere.

Town deleted, never spoken of again.

Besides, the struggle is the fun part, no?

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

That sounds really awesome Knee. It's cool that you got to have such an expierance
    Thank you, it was. And I have his shawl to remind me of it! I am cuddling its soft ugliness right now.

Now, now you tell a story. Tell of the best Northern Lights you've seen up there in the Territories.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    And no, that's not what I meant by Bleeding Heart. I'm not sure of the exact variety, but it's a climbing vine...
    Let's see if I can find a picture...
    Spoiler
    Show

That's as close as I could find. Clerodendrum I think it is...
    I do not know that plant, but it is very pretty. Would we could frolic through one another's gardens, swapping glimpses of foreign floral beauty. All the Australian plants you have named for me seem so exotic and lovely, and I'm sure you would enjoy Canadian florae [although, to be fair, almost all the garden plants here are part of the English tradition of import and not at all native]

I don't know if they'd eat raspberries... And indeed, it may be too cold for them in Canada.
    As such, I can't allow you take them all, only some.
    I'm afraid I am not open to negotiation on this point, Elemental. All the Rainbow Lorikeets. They may winter in my parlour, so long as they are polite to Mabel and cuddle with me whenever I should please.

By the way, did you go camping or something this weekend? How was it?
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-10-21 at 11:17 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    I seem to recall that this also replaces every square inch of grass in town with weeds, which I would feel saddened at. I am convinced they are in the game solely as evil incentive for the player to never stop playing, just to keep up with the spread. I checked an old memory card (they're all old) with a town on it I hadn't played in 58 months. Weeds. Everywhere.

Town deleted, never spoken of again.

Besides, the struggle is the fun part, no?
    For me it was selling gameplay time to my sisters in exchange for weed picking, I'd give them an 3 hours apart from that which they needed for weed picking and trash digging. They'd in turn pick up weed and dig trash resulting in a three way benefit, for me, my town, and them.

And to me the fun part was the interior decoration and oh so wonderful garden simulator.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

13. - Top - End - #193

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Thank you, it was. And I have his shawl to remind me of it! I am cuddling its soft ugliness right now.

Now, now you tell a story. Tell of the best Northern Lights you've seen up there in the Territories.
    I've only seen them once or twice, as a kid, so I don't remember em. Sorry Knee, I'm a dissapointment when it comes to seeing fancy stuff

14. - Top - End - #194
    Firbolg in the Playground

I remember changing the date on my computer in order to get lots of different fish types, back when I was very little and played Insane Aquarium.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

I've only seen them once or twice, as a kid, so I don't remember em. Sorry Knee, I'm a dissapointment when it comes to seeing fancy stuff
    Booooooo. As a Canadian, you are obligated to be a host greater than any other, except foodwise because Canadian Bacon is a Lie. Now tell us a story of some Canadian thing, if stories of the Northern Lights, the weirdest natural light show this side of the Tropic Of Cancer, are unavailable to be told.

@Knee :I assume it is that Lala is younger, and less of a free spirit, than Your Budgieness. As a person who knows world travelers, you are naturally more acquainted with natural phenomena than a simple soul such as the Teletubby.

@Knee... again. :Mnnnm... homemade fries.. made in the lands of the free spirited yet still subjugated French, I believe. The beer, I am unsure of my ability or willingless to consume, as beer of roots is my prefered beverage, but fries, I tend to accept as edible and delicious wherever the source.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-10-21 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Wasnt complicated enough of a sentence structure.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

I am not disappointed, mea formosa, only confused -- I am many degrees of latitude south from you, and have seen them numerously in my life. How is it so?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Booooooo. As a Canadian, you are obligated to be a host greater than any other, except foodwise because Canadian Bacon is a Lie. Now tell us a story of some Canadian thing, if stories of the Northern Lights, the weirdest natural light show this side of the Tropic Of Cancer, are unavailable to be told.
    Yes: yes, do as mi ovis mutate bids. And then let us all pool our moneys to purchase him a treat of poutine with birch beer.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-10-21 at 11:26 PM.

17. - Top - End - #197

NecromancerGuy

Less ability to see them while huddled for warmth inside?

Hmm.

Poutine, eh? I've always wondered what kind of gravy that had to be in order to work with the potato. Birch beer I can approve of, though I don't rightly know if American Birch Beer is like Canadian Birch Beer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

18. - Top - End - #198

I am not disappointed, mea formosa, only confused -- I am many degrees of latitude south from you, and have seen them numerously in my life. How is it so?

Yes: yes, do as mi ovis mutate bids. And then let us all pool our moneys to purchase him a treat of poutine with birch beer.
    Numerous factors. On the one hand, maybe I've seen them more then I recall but I just have a bad memory. Maybe the pollution due to streetlamps and stuff have blocked it out. Maybe I'm afraid of the night sky. I'm really not sure.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

@Knee :I assume it is that Lala is younger, and less of a free spirit, than Your Budgieness. As a person who knows world travelers, you are naturally more acquainted with natural phenomena than a simple soul such as the Teletubby.

@Knee... again. :Mnnnm... homemade fries.. made in the lands of the free spirited yet still subjugated French, I believe. The beer, I am unsure of my ability or willingless to consume, as beer of roots is my prefered beverage, but fries, I tend to accept as edible and delicious wherever the source.
    Birch beer is not alcoholic, if that is your concern, and it is quite similar to your preferred racinette: only instead of spearmint [which, ironically, is the dominant flavour in "root" beer these days] its flavour is an extract of birch sap. Delicious.

As to the first... I do confess a propensity in my life for late-night adventures in wild places that renders me more likely to espy the spirit lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Less ability to see them while huddled for warmth inside?

Hmm.

Poutine, eh? I've always wondered what kind of gravy that had to be in order to work with the potato. Birch beer I can approve of, though I don't rightly know if American Birch Beer is like Canadian Birch Beer.
    Beef gravy is the industry standard: although there is a poutine shop in my environs which also does a miso gravy for vegetarians that is differently but equivalently delicious. Actually they have 20-some different kinds of poutine and telling you this reminds me that I need to go there now that I have eschewed the vice of vegetarianism.

For Canadian birch beer, see above -- although it was once upon a time an alcoholic affair, and perhaps in Quebec -- like spruce beer -- can still be found as such.

Numerous factors. On the one hand, maybe I've seen them more then I recall but I just have a bad memory. Maybe the pollution due to streetlamps and stuff have blocked it out. Maybe I'm afraid of the night sky. I'm really not sure.
    I earnestly wish that you should see a spectacular example this winter, because they are really quite sublime.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-10-21 at 11:41 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200

Thank you Knee, I'll do my best

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    I know, I'm wondering when it will become traditional.
    Give it a few more years until people can't remember living without it.

Yeeees. Come join the sane internet fandom. Snub the herd, Join Whovonia. And also be a nerd. That too. (admittidly, everyones a nerd now. Even the football people.))
    Does this make me weird for liking both and never combining them?

I do not know that plant, but it is very pretty. Would we could frolic through one another's gardens, swapping glimpses of foreign floral beauty. All the Australian plants you have named for me seem so exotic and lovely, and I'm sure you would enjoy Canadian florae [although, to be fair, almost all the garden plants here are part of the English tradition of import and not at all native]
    My garden isn't the frolicking kind... It's actually rather dull most of the year.
    Except for the nice patches. But they more than make up for those sections that need considerable work.
    But I shall take you to the Botanical Gardens in the city to make up for it, and on the way I shall point out old buildings of sandstone that recall an earlier time before humanity decided to conquer the sky.

I'm afraid I am not open to negotiation on this point, Elemental. All the Rainbow Lorikeets. They may winter in my parlour, so long as they are polite to Mabel and cuddle with me whenever I should please.

By the way, did you go camping or something this weekend? How was it?
    But they number in the who knows how many!
    Thousands, possibly millions! They'd never all fit in your parlour.
    And besides, they'd be mean to Mabel.

I didn't technically go 'camping', but I did go away. We just call it a camp because of traditional reasons that I can't explain.
    My community band went up to Childers over the weekend for a concert with local bands up there. And an amazing concert it was. The audience was particularly pleased with our playing of the 1812 Overture.
    Then we came home, stopping on the way for ice cream (Mmmm... Boysenberry...) and at the Gympie Gold Mining Museum where we ate our lunch.
    I did manage to find a few small specks of gold.
    I should have taken a camera to photograph the magnificent Jacarandas outside the museum, but alas, I always forget to take one on these trips.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

Birch beer is not alcoholic, if that is your concern, and it is quite similar to your preferred racinette: only instead of spearmint [which, ironically, is the dominant flavour in "root" beer these days] its flavour is an extract of birch sap. Delicious.

As to the first... I do confess a propensity in my life for late-night adventures in wild places that renders me more likely to espy the spirit lights.
    It sounds quite delightful, I must say. That may be my root beer addiction speaking, however.

Small wink again, my friend.

Beef gravy is the industry standard: although there is a poutine shop in my environs which also does a miso gravy for vegetarians that is differently but equivalently delicious. Actually they have 20-some different kinds of poutine and telling you this reminds me that I need to go there now that I have eschewed the vice of vegetarianism.
    You once went the way of the pupae-cat? For shame good sir, veganism is the way of the Californian! As the only vegan I know is my cousin. From California. And also Arizona, he went to California for a good amount of time and now lives in this great city of Chicago running a bike-rental service for visiting Europeans. (He's a cool guy. And I actually don't mock his veganism. It confuses me that I don't, but I don't. Probably that "not wanting to be an ass" thing most humans do. )

@ @T: I cant cuz sleep. I should be in bed now but im scared to wake up. School, it is legit scary again. ANNOYING IT IS MY FRIEND.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-10-21 at 11:58 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

You. Little'n. Get on AIM.

(And you say it's me that's never on.)

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

I should have taken a camera to photograph the magnificent Jacarandas outside the museum, but alas, I always forget to take one on these trips.
    You don't even have a camera. This is why it's useful having a camera phone! Especially one with a flash! Is your Mum back yet by the way? Wondering for confirmation for visiting.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    You don't even have a camera. This is why it's useful having a camera phone! Especially one with a flash! Is your Mum back yet by the way? Wondering for confirmation for visiting.
    Yep. She's home.
    And you can visit.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Yep. She's home.
    And you can visit.
    Excellent! I just have to make sure I don't sleep in.. I kinda went to bed at 6am this morning.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

So I had the weirdest, most vivid dream last night. And I never remember my dreams. Something about an epic quest to find the "perfect being", and there was a sentient tower and a ball of glowing black energy called "The Truth" and in the end I gruesomely disemboweled a bunch of guys with a hunting knife.

I should really write this stuff down before I forget it.

Also I might have some issues.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

28. - Top - End - #208

Gonna be perfectly honest, that oddly reminds me of the book and movie "I Am Number 4"

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

Gonna be perfectly honest, that oddly reminds me of the book and movie "I Am Number 4"
    Never seen it. I don't even know what it's about.

I thought it could be a mesh of The Fifth Element, which I haven't seen in years, the metal opera Avantasia, and parts of the Sandman. I'm pretty sure Dream made a cameo somewhere in the dream (heh). Also that last action sequence was pretty awesome. Well done, subconscious mine.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

30. - Top - End - #210
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

There. Are. Four. Lights.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak