New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: [4E] Grandpre Academy, Group 2, Part 3 (IC)

DM
    The creature visibly relax as Bolerum speak to him, but still is on his guard as he scan the others heroes, trying to see if the paladins words are his own or the group of heroes general feeling.
    "My party's death is sad, but I'd like to survive here... so what do you want to know?"

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

Monique, still visibly nauseated by the stench, makes her way to the open Window to try to get some fresh air. The others would have to talk this one out.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

Bolerum

The warrior shrugs at his companions, then addresses their captive. "What other hazards are found in this place? Also, what do you know of its history?"

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

DM
    The creature rise an eyebrow at Bolerum question.
    "I guess that you mean the tower as this place. I've never been there, but my clans knows not to go to the next room beyong this one. Those all our scouts who've gone there but one never returned. and the one that did spoke of upside down magic and something terible who slaughtered everyone. As for the history of this tower, I only knows it is a good hideout from the cities patrols."
    Monique look outside for fresh air and it make her feel a little better. She see a small ledge at the base of the window that extend up to 5 feets on each side, surely the place where the two from outside were hidden. After a few seconds, she look bellow and is surprised by what she sees : A city in ruins. Most of the buildings are still standing, but they are battered and look as if some war have been fought here long ago.
    Looking around, Monique spot a group of creature in one of the streets to the south. A she focus on them, she realise that these are not living creature, but humanoids skeletons. There is a score of them all wearing some tunic embroider with a skeletal eagle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Monique sickness will ends after the interrogation (if she keeps her head out.

The undead did not seem to have spoted you yet.

You can do an history check (about the Skeletal Eagle)

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

history check (1d20+12)[17]

6. - Top - End - #276
    Troll in the Playground

Bolerum

"That monster that dwells nearby is no more. Who dwells within the near city?"

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Ace
    Name's Ace o' Spades, of the Vistani. Since we're in the Shadowfell, I assume y'all're familiar with my people. S'this a Domain of Dread, or're we in the Shadowfell proper? Have y'all seen a mage's ghost anywhere in e're? How did y'all git up here if y'all can't pass through the enchanted stairway from below?
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ashe

Suddenly Ashe's eyes are drawn to a spot beneath the desk. Looks like there is something hidden under the desk. Ashe moves to investigate.

Spoiler
    Show
    Let me know if you need any rolls.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

DM
    The dark one relax even more as everyone either peacefully question him or put their attention somewhere else. To Bolerum, he reply,
    "Many dangerous things roams the city, most of them undead. And the city is not near, you are in the city right now, how can you not know that?"
    He look a little curious about this, but simply shrug, not really caring much about it anyway as he reply to Ace,
    "I'm called Doskti. I've heard stories about your people, but never seen any. They dont dare come in this area I guess, it is known to be dangerous. As for the ghost, there is plenty around the city, but I never cared to talk to them, not that I thinhk they really wanna talk. I am no fool, I dont want then to drain me of my lifeforce."
    You can see he really beleive what he says and seem afraid as he speaks of the ghosts.
    "There is no way up here from the ground entrace and rooms of the tower. We come up here from the roof of the building to the north and onto the balcony of the top room. That actually is why we use this place as an hideout, it is quite safe and hard to attain."

Ashe pull out the chair from under the desk and start checking out the floor.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ashe can roll an active perception.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

DM
    Ashe dust of the ground under the table and manage to use his dagger to remove the accumulated dirt filling the crack around the stone tile. Ashe behaviour intrigue the dark one and he look surprise about the finding.
    "What is that? How did you knew it was there?"

When Ashe is done and satisfied that he can safely remove it, he use his dagger to lift life one side of the tile. A he rise the tile, a green rune light up on it and a lightning errupt shocking Ashe continually. Guessing that the trap probably will still be there if he drop it, the shaking elf manage to keep his grip on his dagger and quickly put his hand under the lifted part of the stone. Even thought electricity keeps assaulting his body, the avenger manage to pull it completly out and throw it aside.

The lighting stop on the tile as soon as Ashe let it go, and the elf have to put his hand on the floor to regain his senses. After a few seconds, Ashe can look into the opening findin an hidden compartment roughly 3 by 3 feet and 16 inches deep. In the hole, there is a folded fur blanket that seem to contain many items.

A little shaken, the dark one curiosity gets the better of himself,
    "What did you find?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Ashe perception check (24) doesnt detect the trap

Lightning rune : 14 VS reflex (Miss)
    Hit : 20 Lightning damages and is Dazed (Save ends)
    Miss : half damages (Ashe takes 10 damages)

Ashe manage an endurance (17) check not to drop everything and keep opening the hidden stash.

Players Status
    Spoiler
    Show

(L3) Bolerum: 12/53, TEMP HP = 0, Healing surges : 9/12
    Bloodied

(N5) Monique : 44/44, TEMP HP = 1 , Healing surges : 8/8
    -1 to skill checks and attacks rolls, until she is away from the putrid/humidity smell or she throw up (you can spend an healing surge as a standard action to counter the effect)

(N1) Ashe : 17/49, TEMP HP = 0, Healing Surges : 6/7
    Bloodied

(Q2)Ace 42/42, TEMP HP = 12, Healing Surges : 1/6

(M2) - Battle Standard of healing : Whenever you or an ally spends a healing surge while in the zone, you and all allies in the zone regain 1 hit point.
    Last edited by Dekkah; 2013-01-08 at 12:09 PM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Ace
    The sorcerer smiles. The same reason, Doskti, that he knew y'all were waitin' t'pounce an' struck first. Elven eyes an' ears sense things the rest o' us would miss, explains Ace. S'a shame things came t'blows up 'ere. The extra hands might've been handy. Y'see, since we killed the demoness that guarded the mortal side o' the portal, we're needin' to find some other means o' pluggin' it 'fore we go on our way. He turns back to Ashe. I don't s'pose anythin' in that stash might be helpin' us with the current dilemma?
    My Homebrew
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

DM
    Doskti Look at Ace and say,
    "Oh, he can see better than us, make sense I guess. As for us ambushing you, I told you, you invaded our hideout, what would you had us do, invite you in? Spend a few days in this place and you will understand why we strike first and ask question after."
    The little creature look a little pissed off, but end up with a sigh.
    "I dont really understand what you need to guard really, but if it is this place, no one other than us really come here, at least not to my knowledge. That is actually why we keep it as an hideout."

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ashe

Ashe begins opening and examining the contents of the hole.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

"Who is Bael Milliar? Does he run things around here?" Monique says suddenly from the window.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

DM
    The goblin face turn pale, visibly scared,
    "Dont say that name out loud fool, he have ears everywhere in this place. He own this city, have about every undeads within a few miles under his control. Some say he even control most of the living things in the area as well. So dont name the Cold One like that ever again."

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

Ace
    Is this reflection o' Magdebourg part o' Dramlir, then, or has the vampire lord gotten a taste fer conquest once again? The vampire lords o' the Shadowfell're known t'my people, and the Skeletal Eagle has been sittin' on 'is kingdom o' Dramlir fer years without makin' misere. He ooks at the dark one. This tower's a mess. Eventually, it'll collapse, and the undead'll be able to access the portal. Without the gatekeeper on t'other side, nothin'll stop em'. The Skeletal Eagle may not have any interests in the material world anymore... but if a hidden portal literally falls in ta his lap, I don't reckon he'll pass it up neither. I had a vision of it happenin'; this is what Bill Foan drew me 'ere t'deal with. We need to close that portal.
    My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

Monique listens from her window and fresh air, but doesn't respond to the gross little creature.

Spoiler
    Show
    dungeoneering check (1d20+4)[23]

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

"Maybe you're looking at it wrong? What if you saw what has happened and not what might happen? This place looks sturdy as stone, and I don't think we have the panache to break the portal. Besides, its already warded against undead, right?

"Anyway, we should totally explore, and maybe come back later to take care of the vamp, but I don't think we need to worry about the tower falling down this century or undead hordes swarming the peninsula."
    Monique says her piece from the window. The Shadowfell air is different than she's used to, but anything is better than hound droppings. Sheesh.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ashe

Ashe takes his time poking around at the contents of the hole before bringing out 3 books, a holy symbol and a blanket. Hey Bol, catch. Ashe calls out before deftly tossing the big man the holy symbol.

Finally, Ashes hand moves back into the hole only for a startled look to cross his face. He quickly glances around to the others to judge their reactions.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

Ace
    He nods to Monique. I don't know... this is certainly the place I've been seein' in my dreams. Sometimes, I hate this gift... if only I could speak to a Caravan Mother to help interpret these visions, I'd know better. But the odds of a caravan passin' inta the penninsula, what wit' the invasion, is slim... He appears to think about it, before being shaken from his contemplation by Ashe tossing the symbol.

The seer raises an eyebrow. Something amiss, Ashe?
    My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ashe

Can't you see him? Hear him? Ashe asks Ace. One of the Naturas here in the room with us.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Ace
    The sorcerer shakes his head. No, Ashe, there's only us and Doskti 'ere.
    My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ashe

Turning back away from Ace, Ashe speaks to what appears to be nothing. Have we met before? That is a sort of interesting question with a difficult answer. I have seen you in "visions", lets call them and we have conversed there.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

DM
    The three book Ashe pulls out look old.
    The first one is bigger than the regular books and have a leather cover with this symbol embroided into the cover.
    Spoiler
    Show

The second one is a little smaller, but thicker, with a sun within a shield symbol drawn upon it.
    Spoiler
    Show

The last one is a regular sized, but a little thin. A staff topped with a red eye is drawn upon the cover.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bolerum is taken a little by surprise by Ashe throwing him something but still manage to line up his hands with the precise throw of the elf. Still, as the paladin is about to catch the fancy holy symbol, it comes to life and the weird bronze chain whril around his wrist and crawl into his sleeve before he can manage to get a hold of it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, you can do a religion check on the first book, history on the two others.
    Last edited by Dekkah; 2013-01-16 at 11:56 AM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ashe

Following me around? I didn't ask you to follow me. You asked me to take on your quest. Also, this is the first time I have seen you since that night.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Ace
    The sorcerer's eyes go wide when he sees the book with the eye on the cover. Sorry to interrupt, Ashe, but that there book is the tome of a Caravan Mother. Seems my request might be answered after all... Ace approaches where Ashe is standing and gingerly picks up the three books. He passes the other two to Monique, while he peruses the Vistani tome. Either o' these speak t'y'all, hon?
    My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ashe

Turning away from his conversation for a moment, I can tell you what the other two are, I just would prefer not to in our present company. You will find the one with the sun and shield rather interesting I think.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

Ever curious about finding new knowledge and books, Monique is quick to flip through them and see what they have to tell her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Religion (1d20+12)[13]
    History (1d20+12)[27]

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ashe

Yes, I still have it. It seems it will allow us to communicate. What can you tell me of this place and of these stones? Also, if you still have your questions, I will endeavour to answer them.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

DM
    Monique catch the two book and start looking at throught them.
    Ashe keep talking with his imaginary friend.
    Ace pick up the book, stand and keep looking at the cover for a moment.

After about two minutes, Dostki clear his throat.
    "I think your friend here kinda spaced out or something. He did not move nor even blink since he took up the book. And his eyes are weird."

Drawing your attention to Ace, you all see that the sorcerer is standing stairt, holding the book in his hands. His eyes are completly white again and he does not move a muscle as if he turned into stone.

Spoiler
    Show
    I did not note it here, but Bolerum is probably busy with something of his own - depends on his action with the living chain event.

I am off to bed now, so my private replies (mainly to Ashe and Ace) will have to wait until tommorow.... sorry.

NOTE : He did not turn into stone ... He just dont move at all
    Last edited by Dekkah; 2013-01-08 at 10:28 PM.