New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 13: Insert Silly Title Here

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Lisa's Home]

"Heh, yeah it is. Skin's lighter too if you never noticed. Should be totally white in a couple more weeks." Lisa says. "Dimi always complains it makes picking colours for me a pain."
    Lisa's home

Emmi laughs a bit. "So you're a winter until spring." That's more for make-up, but a pun is a pun. "It makes me wonder how good your sister's shirt must have looked before... y'know."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lisa's Home]

Lisa's chuckle turns into a groan quickly. "Yeah... I'm sure she'll forgive me one of these days." Lisa says, her tone turning joking.

3. - Top - End - #273

Lisa's Home

"A sister's love has no limits, but forgiveness... Enh?" Emmi gives a little non commital handwave. Her attention turns back to the closet. "What would you say is the most colorful thing you have?" You have to wear at least four colors, otherwise what's the point?

My Characters

4. - Top - End - #274
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Weiss House]
    Since... halfway through wedding.
    Rachel giggles.

Well, you picked a great time to use it.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lisa's Home]

"Oh, that's an easy one." Lisa lies the dress on her bed and then pulls out a skirt from the closet. It's a fairly simple pleated skirt, except after each fold in the fabric, the colour changes, cycling through the colours of the rainbow.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Rachel giggles.

Well, you picked a great time to use it.
    [Weiss]
    Her wife giggles back, ruffling her hair gently.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

7. - Top - End - #277

[Weiss House]

Rachel smiles at the ruffling of her hair, then lets out a heavy sigh.

Guess it's time to get up, huh?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

[Weiss House]
    Mmhmm.
    You can do it. Ray-Ray is big girl.

She giggles, slipping out of bed.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

9. - Top - End - #279

[Weiss House]

Rachel chuckles as she lifts herself up.

Yeah...And this big girl wants some big naps.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

[Weiss]
    And is cute sleeper.
    Alilia yawns, stretching.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

11. - Top - End - #281

[Lisa's Home]

"Oh, that's an easy one." Lisa lies the dress on her bed and then pulls out a skirt from the closet. It's a fairly simple pleated skirt, except after each fold in the fabric, the colour changes, cycling through the colours of the rainbow.
    Lisa's Home

Emmi's eyes light up at the sight. Rainbow. Her second favorite non-color! Right behind tie dye. "It is an absolute tradgedy that it's almost winter. That is gorgeous!"

My Characters

12. - Top - End - #282

[Weiss House]

Rachel giggles.

Well, you're a cute everything.

She'll poke Alilia's nose, then get up, stretch again, and head for the shower.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

[Weiss]
    Alilia lopes after her, giggling; her pegleg makes her gait the usual staccato rhythm.
    Last edited by Beans; 2012-11-22 at 10:41 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lisa's Home]

"I know, isn't it. It feels like forever since I've worn it. I've got so much clothes I can practically wear a new thing ever day for weeks." Lisa says as she puts the skirt back in the closet. "Not that I mind. I've got a lot of nice winter clothes too." She grabs a somewhat long, light brown jacket with (probably fake) fur lining.

15. - Top - End - #285

[Riss' Quarters]

While the muse appeared somewhat tired as she lead the way back to her room, a small smile on her face indicated that she hardly minded. Really, she felt almost proud of herself for being able to make it about half way back before needing to reactivate her cybernetics. Still, it was much more comfortable now that her motions weren't mildly out of synch at least. Taking a moment go guage how long it would be until the set of instructions she had sent ahead would be completed, she found that, if she were to stall for maybe a few short minutes, things would be just about complete.

Turning around and leaning up against the wall, Riss let her small smile widen as she tried to delay actually entering her room for just a bit more. "Well, I think if we keep doing things like that, I should be fine in just a few months. Though.. Misha? I remember you saying something about a beach some time ago? Do you think we could maybe visit there some time?" she asked. At the very least, I'd like to see what it's like there. Maybe find one of those.. Geographically enclosed.. Let me see.. Ah. Cove. If beaches are as popular as I've read about then... Well, I think it would just be easier without having to worry about running into anyone..

16. - Top - End - #286
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Fortress Mountain

Oh. Icarus... doesn't have a counter for that. Already he's bloodied, bruised, battered, his wings clipped. Unlike Clarissa or Daedalus he can't simply shrug off the sort of damage his reckless charge has incurred. Redundant veins, extra-durable organs, even not feeling pain doesn't help when your opponent simply beats you within an inch of your life.

That kind of punishment takes it's toll. In this case, Icarus simply doesn't react fast enough. Either he doesn't notice until it's too late or can't move fast enough to pull away as her arm turns to tendrils and wraps around his, ripping the artic cannon from his grasp. To his credit, he doesn't give her the satisfaction of hearing him scream, but disarmed, disarmed, lower body frozen solid and caught in a stronger opponent's grip, he won't be doing much else either.

Day continues firing, aiming at the tendrils now, hoping that a good shot might be able to dislodge them and give Icarus a fighting chance. But at this point, I'm forced to doubt this plan of action.
    [Fortress Mountain]

Can of root beer, check. Intarwebz, check.

Let's do this thang.

Icarus may be pleasantly surprised to discover Clarissa's tendrils attempting to switch the machine freezing him into a petrified statue on to full blast to end his suffering by stamping out the last flicker of life in his body off. The tendrils return to Clarissa's side, 9mm bullets piercing and grazing them but failing to drawing any retaliation out of Clarissa whatsoever. With a brief movement of her lips, Clarissa's tendrils erupt in spiraling geysers of flame as she begins to leisurely thaw herself out of her icy cocoon.

"Th-th-th-that's all, folks! We're d-done here! Cold! Cold!"

Sounds like Clarissa is of the opinion that the game is over, likely because Icarus and Daedalus have proven their worth to her and she has some crazy, twisted sense of honor. It is equally likely that she is simply freezing and prioritizes melting her icy overcoat over beating up Icarus.

17. - Top - End - #287

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Riss' Quarters]

While the muse appeared somewhat tired as she lead the way back to her room, a small smile on her face indicated that she hardly minded. Really, she felt almost proud of herself for being able to make it about half way back before needing to reactivate her cybernetics. Still, it was much more comfortable now that her motions weren't mildly out of synch at least. Taking a moment go guage how long it would be until the set of instructions she had sent ahead would be completed, she found that, if she were to stall for maybe a few short minutes, things would be just about complete.

Turning around and leaning up against the wall, Riss let her small smile widen as she tried to delay actually entering her room for just a bit more. "Well, I think if we keep doing things like that, I should be fine in just a few months. Though.. Misha? I remember you saying something about a beach some time ago? Do you think we could maybe visit there some time?" she asked. At the very least, I'd like to see what it's like there. Maybe find one of those.. Geographically enclosed.. Let me see.. Ah. Cove. If beaches are as popular as I've read about then... Well, I think it would just be easier without having to worry about running into anyone..
    Riss' Quarters

Misha tries to slide and arm around Riss' shoulders and nuzzle her muse's neck gently as she processes the request. It wouldn't be too much trouble to find a beach somewhere. After all, you really just needed to find an ocean, and they were plenty big. She doesn't really remember where that beach party she crashed was, but she's sure she could find it sooner or later, and there was plenty of nice beach to use there.

"I'll try to remember where the beach I was at last time was. No promises though. Maybe we can just get a map or something that'll lead us to a beach. People must sell those somewhere, right? Or maybe Magtok has some lying around on a computer somewhere. We'll have to figure something out, beaches are pretty great. A lot harder to swim in though, for people who aren't used to water. They've got waves and stuff that make the surface choppy."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

[Meanwhile, in some home somewhere ]

It's possible that in either Kara's apartment or Talnissa's home, Kara is waking up after what feels like a long winter's nap.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

19. - Top - End - #289
    Pixie in the Playground

[Spec's Apartment]

It wasn't the hands-down worst neighborhood to call home in the Nexus, but it definitely wasn't The Ritz! Spec's apartment is in a section of the city that is neither too noisy nor too quiet. It is neither neat nor dirty. There's always a crowd to blend in with on the street outside, but the crime and homeless levels aren't bad by any standard. Her apartment is on the top floor of a clean and safe but cheap and cold yet otherwise fairly unremarkable twelve-story building with a busted elevator. Her apartment is small. A bedroom, a living space, a bathroom, a laundry area, and a kitchen house every weapon she possesses. There's a newish brown couch in front of a low, black coffee table in the front room. There's also a color tv. Scattered all over the coffee table are custom weapons in the middle of the modification process. They're not in tidy piles, but they're not in a state of disarray. Beside these weapons are four containers that held strong liquor as recently as earlier this morning. There's a shotgun stashed within three feet of the front door alongside a light backpack of items Spec counts as necessities and a sniper rifle resting near the windows. It's pretty average beyond that.

And in the middle of it all, the newly de-scarred Spec sits crying. Her head mournfully lies in her hands as she listens to the eulogy of her dreams, an advertisement played on the tv for the thirty-first time today. Her past had to catch up with her just as her new life was beginning to blossom. They had to follow her here. And now... What does she do now? She'd phoned Trium a minute ago, so there's not much left for her to do but sit and wait. Sit, wait, and contemplate. She listens to the time pass. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Three more hours before it is time to do or die. Three and no more.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-11-24 at 01:00 AM.

20. - Top - End - #290

[Lisa's Home]

"I know, isn't it. It feels like forever since I've worn it. I've got so much clothes I can practically wear a new thing ever day for weeks." Lisa says as she puts the skirt back in the closet. "Not that I mind. I've got a lot of nice winter clothes too." She grabs a somewhat long, light brown jacket with (probably fake) fur lining.
    Lisa's Home

"Ooh that is nice." Emmi says, abiding the typical habit of immediately stroking the fur lining. "So much better than layering."

My Characters

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

Mimi listens curiously as the two talk. They're using a word she isn't familiar with, so it's time to ask more questions. "What's a beach anyway? Something with more swimming?"

[Lisa's Home]

"It is. It's just too bad I couldn't get one with a hood." Lisa taps one of her eyes. "These things and hoods don't work at all. I do have this, though." She grabs a blue knitted toque and slips it down over her ears and down onto her head. It has a pair of sleeves that cover a couple inches up her ears. "I'm pretty sure it looks really silly though."

22. - Top - End - #292

Fortress Mountain

Leisurely. Leisurely.

Day's sharp little teeth chew into his lip, nearly shaking with rage as he hurls the emptied pistol at Clarissa's skull. She breaks into his home, pisses off his boss, nearly kills three of his brothers and she isn't even taking this seriously.

Well.... Fine then! Screw her! He'll show the lousy eldritch strummer who'd running the show here. There might not be any more artic cannons to freeze her with, but he's got at least on more trick up his sleeves.

The doors behind Clarissa snap open on command, revealing the same blank steel hallway as ever- Riv's gone, no doubt fled with one of his teleport gizmos. But although there's no wall of freeze-ray wielding soldiers, the walls themselves pose an equal threat. Vents snap open all along the ceiling, spewing out the same sub-zero cocktail of supercoolants as found in the artic cannon, flooding the hallway in a split-second and then pouring out into the room beyond.

And what's dead in the way of the onrushing coldfront?

Oh. Right. Clarissa.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Pixie in the Playground

[Fortress Mountain]

Yessir, Excelsior Tech is setting a new standard for giving someone the cold shoulder! I personally think they should just chill out or they'll be left out in the cold by the rest of the Nexus due to their all or nothing mentality!

Oh, Clarissa has been on stomping on thin ice since she got here, but she was invited in! She insulted the boss that's been feeding his brainwashed worker-soldiers corpses of outdated worker-soldiers. She nearly kills three of his brothers, each of which fired at her first and each of which she beneficently spared on death's doorstep.

But this predictable cheating? Oh, this is the straw that broke the camel's back! Revenge is a dish best served cold, but this is absurd! It'll be a cold day in heck when someone flings Clarissa into the cooler.

Here the clemency stops. She's given and given and given all for the sake of her little game, but the pieces are really starting to get on her nerves!

And she so called the...the...

Where are all the soldiers and oh gods. No! No, no, no, no, no!

They're trying to spray her with more of that bogus coolant concoction pumped in from the ceiling!

Run away! Run away!

With a single sonic pulse, she's shattering the ice encasing her. Then she's sprinting forward faster than a red Sonic the Hedgehog on fire, howling about how cold she is!

"N-n-no! No f-f-f-freez-z-zing! I'll k-kill you if I ever s-see you ag-g-g-gain!"

She'll attempt to fall back into the lift Icarus dropped in from and rocket up it! Unlike Icarus, she can fly like an eagle. Or in this case, a missile.

She's more or less attempting to outrun the onset of an ice age, so she's not slowing down for anything. Not any lifts in the elevator shaft with her. Not for the roof. Not for anything!

Hot air rises, so with this being Riv's base and all, if can't smash through the roof with her ungodly speed, might, magic, and momentum, the top floor will be her next objective because it should be scorching hot!

She has no will to fight! Not even after Day chucked his gun at her. Her one and only desire in the world at this point is heat! Delicious heat!

24. - Top - End - #294

Mountain Fortress

To be fair, you might be understating the magnitude of Clarissa's crimes a little bit. Nothing you said was untrue, persay. But you've left out that the petty tyrant Clarissa insulted happens to be the most unstable man in the Nexus, of which she was well warned, that two of those soldiers so 'graciously' spared were brutally tortured beforehand and, worst of all, that she made fun of a mad scientist.

If nothing else, that last is sure to cause trouble.

And besides all that, there is the fact she quite clearly planned on ticking them off as much as possible. Mission successful, I suppose. Certainly, it was nowhere near impossible, considering the downright unpleasant temper that runs in this screwed up family unit.

So, shall we just say each participant in this fiasco is their own special snowflake of absolute awfulness and leave it at that?

Speaking of roles in this drama, a new actor takes center stage! The ceiling, to be exact, a solid individual if ever there was. The lengthy hallway and antechamber leading into the heart of Excelsior ensures that the tunnels are well within Fortress Mountain, meaning that overhead is, oh, shall we say, several hundred odd tons of solid rock? Now, Clarrisa needs only shift a small fraction of that to escape. Maybe twenty, twenty-five. But that's still a whole lotta weight, proving again the main advantage of a mountain base; It ain't to easy to bust in or out of.

So, if Clarissa can bash her way through that, she's free. If not... Then she'll be forced to face the truth that she's made a catastrophic mistake. Not in starting this whole affair, that was merely terrible. No, the catastrophy lies in choosing to head up instead of down. Down leads to the furnaces and the generators and the workshops, which are well and truly volcanic. Up leads to Riv's office, the one place in this pit with modern conveniences. By which I mean it has air-conditioning.

Even so it's at worst lukewarm, the AC's perpetual struggle against Fortress Mountain's sweltering conditions only ever managing to push the temperature down to eighty, at best and only in the best of conditions, but that's hardly a tropical paradise. Aside from the dratted fans it's quite a nice room I suppose. Like every other room in Fortress Mountain it's a crude burrow, but a spongy mat of threads somewhat resembling a carpet has been thrown over the dirt and proper light fixtures installed, giving it all the charm of a miserable hovel.

Riv's desk sits at the far end of the room, a solid and oaken construction bolted to the floor and buried beneath what looks to have been a tidal wave of papers. Along the right and left hand sides there's rows of little steel-framed glass tanks, seemingly empty, spider-like apparatusses with scientific instruments in their arms hanging overhead.

And oh, over the sound of the fans whirring, there's the steady clank-clank-clank of the elevator chain rattling.

25. - Top - End - #295

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Weiss]
    Alilia lopes after her, giggling; her pegleg makes her gait the usual staccato rhythm.
    Rachel is already stepping into the shower when Alilia arrives. She notices her wife and raises an eyebrow.

Oh, you wanted to join me?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

26. - Top - End - #296

[Riss' Quarters]

The tip of the muse's tail twitched as she tilted her neck just slightly to better allow Misha access. "Finding one shouldn't be too hard, I think. Maps should be readily avalible or at least easy to obtain. It would be counter to their reason of existance if it were otherwise.. Well, I suppose there would be a few occasions that it would be benificial but this wouldn't be one of them. At least, not in the case of finding oceans if what I understand of them is true." she said, reaching out up to try and keep Misha close for the time being.

Speaking of understanding.."As for what a beach is.. Well, apparently it's a natural formation of sand or small rocks where a landmass meets a body of water. They just happen to be more prominent around the ocean, though, and I understand that's due to the effects of the waves and tides... The ocean being an extremely large mass of water. Large enough to reach the horizon, usually." the muse explained for the benifit of the pixie, appearing distracted for a moment as a small notification appeared in the corner of her vision, indicating that she needn't stall longer. Of course, given the corner that it cropped up in, it could just as easily be considered that the nereid was to blame. "Anyway, I guess I should show you both what I've done to the place while we were gone." she said, opening the door to her room proper.

Inside there was... Hardly much of a change at all. Really, if it weren't for what appeared to be sconce-like protrusions from the wall holding the various flowers Mimi had picked over the days past, it would seem that there was hardly anything different from before. The partition was up, however, and there did seem to be a faint but still noticiable give to the floor with every step almost as if there was a thin layer of gel or something similar.

27. - Top - End - #297

Riss' Quarters

"Right. My pool doesn't have a beach because all the grass has grown in right up to the edge, but when it's really dry out and some of the water dries up, the rocks in the shallow bit make a sort of beach. Most people talk about them like sandy ocean beaches are the only ones worth thinking about, but Riss is pretty much right on all counts." Misha elaborates a bit before heading inside arm in arm with her muse, immediately noticing the spongy texture of the floor as she steps inside.

"Hold up, did something get spilled everywhere? It feels like there's... I dunno, liquid moss or something on the floor. Kinda squishy and cool." She looks at Riss expectantly, knowing something's up, "What gives?"
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-11-24 at 11:26 PM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Pixie in the Playground

[Fortress Mountain]

Shh! We can't afford to let Clarissa hear us talking about her like that! Riv ultimately out-eviled Clarissa, but Pride won't allow her to mentally accept that! So she has to be the heroine of the story! And heroines don't eat people alive to punish them!

So yes. Special snowflake of absolute awfulness sounds about right. Even more so with Clarissa nearly being imprisoned in a cube of ice on more than one occasion over the course of one fight scene and the aftermath of it!

Speaking of Clarissa and ice...

"C-c-c-cold! Cold, cold, cold!"

Clarissa requires warmth! Heat! Not air conditioners! Air conditioners are treacherous swine!

But at least Riv left her a gift! Insulation in the form of paper! It isn't ideal, but for now, Clarissa will take what she can get. She's a touch dazed from crashing into the heavy stone ceiling of the elevator and not plowing through it. Ugh! She's so very cold and oblivious to everything that doesn't nudge her ever closer to warmth that it doesn't even cross her mind that she's possibly swiping important scientific papers from Riv and attempting to cram them into her body!

There's not much else that interests her up here, so after she insulates herself with a number of Riv's papers, she'll have to fall down the elevator shaft, which will probably come to pass in my next post if Riv's soldiers haven't shown up by then to secure the area and stuff.

29. - Top - End - #299

Fortress Mountain

Heh. No. Riv doesn't write 'important scientific documents'. He can barely write at all, too tell the plain truth. Nah, what Clarissa's swiping amounts to no more than three months worth of incomprehensible sketches, poorly figured equations scrawled on dog-ear corners and nigh-illegible notes Riv's written to himself. I doubt he'd be able to make sense of half of it himself.

But there's nothing to stop her from stealing them. Nor from leaping back down the elevator shaft once she's armored herself with these scribbles and scraps of paper. Mid-fall she's likely to find just how well this makeshift armor does it's duty, as she passes through the cloud of unbearable cold formed where supercoolant's spilled out of the antechamber and mixed with plain air, shortly before her course collides with that of the lift on it's return trip.

The machine lurches terribly, as it's been shown to do in the best of circumstances, the left edge setting up a sound worse than nails against a chalkboard as it scrapes against the wall. The occupants- six men in armored robes and masks, six others in simple work clothes crudely modified to make way for their wings- are thrown off-balance, forced to seize the railings or go stumbling as their footing suddenly veers down at one side.

Or, eleven of them are. The twelfth, one of the winged men, has no balance to lose, having already lost his life due to the misfortune of being directly under Clarissa when she landed.

But no time's wasted crying over their dead brother. Another winged soldier is already lunging at Clarissa, shoulder up, chin down, trying to drive her into the wall by brute force. Brute force tends to be what Riv's creations are best at.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

"Oh, okay. Cool." It makes her wonder what's so special about them, but maybe they're just good places for swimming.

She's quickly distracted from that thought, however, as apparently there's something new to be seen. The pixie flies into the room and looks around curiously. The flowers are on display better no, so that's really cool, but she has no idea what Misha is talking about."Do you mean the flower things?" It seemed like there should be more to it than that, though.