New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 13: Insert Silly Title Here

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Treehouse]

"Well, you are now!" Gelley says, giggling at her own double-entendre. She grins at Vierzt, unmoving. "Besides, I'm just trying to get warm. It's the warmest thing I could think of on short notice!"
    Well, you got me up. And I can get you warm! He sweeps her up in a hug!
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

2. - Top - End - #512
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Lisa's Home]

"Oh yeah, she loves it. Celia asked me to teach her a bit a couple years ago when she was first getting into it actually. Not much anymore. She likes to do her drawing on her own without any help." Lisa says.
    [Lisa's Home]

"I guess she'll eventually want to rollerskate by herself." Emmi says. "So where did you learn to draw? Are you self taught or did you take classes?"

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

3. - Top - End - #513
    Dwarf in the Playground

House Hunting

The Realtor will drive them to the house if they want to let him drive... or he'll give them the directions, whatever works.

The house itself is big, old, and dusty... but it's really well-made, sturdy, and well-maintained. You could probably rent a cleaning service on a regular basis and keep it clean with no issue.

And it's huge. It's the kind of house that super-wealthy socialites wish they had. It has a ballroom, and a pool, and is overall one of those really disgustingly extravagant borderline palatial mansions.

Also, the basement could probably be made into a superhero-style secret base if you wanted to. And you could store all those little secrets you want to get rid of in a place that no one will ever find them, and store large amounts of actual useful or useless things.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lisa's Home]

"Nah, she'll just want to actually do it herself without any help. I'm sure she'll still like to drag you out there to skate with her." Lisa says. "And I'm definitely self taught. I did a couple classes once, but it wasn't for me. I did a lot better trying to figure it out on my own. I started by copying some of my mangas and went from there."

5. - Top - End - #515
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lord pringle View Post
    [Char's House]

Char points around the house while saying, "This is the living room, that over there is the dining room slash kitchen. That down the hall is the guest room. That's my room to the right and my dad's room is upstairs." Char smiles, obviously excited by the prospect of Meredit staying with her. "I take it you'll want the guest room?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Meredit View Post
    [Char's House]

Meredit smiles too! "Yes please."

"It's been a long time since I was the guest." She looks shy. "We had a very big house. Dad was a realtor back then, he got us a good price. We hosted slumber parties for the entire soccer team. It got so loud the neighbors called the cops on us and we were only fourteen!" Now she's laughing again. "So you want to make it a party? Just maybe not with a case of Jolt cola?"
    Quote Originally Posted by lord pringle View Post
    [Char's house]
    The concept of the party causes Char to somehow get even happier, but then she frowns and asks, "Who... um, who were you planning to invite?"
    [Char's House]

"Nobody yet," says Meredit. "But there's you here and me and maybe some more will come after seeing Santa. That's enough for party games. That's enough to bake a double batch of goodies!"

Char's House

Quiet knocks on the door, after Santa told her to come..
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "I dunno... All this one says is 'you're a doofus'," Tina tosses the textbook at him, provided he has hands free to catch it with. He might be able to one-hand it, after it hits him square in the gut. In either case, she adds with laugh, "That textbook thing was a joke, Evan."
    [Fettina's Place]

Evan just grins, catching the book after it hits him in the chest (which doesn't seem to phaze his rock hard abs at all), "They're just from the library anyways. Not like I spent money on them." He'll enter the suite at this point, "Alright, let's get this shindig started. What am I cooking?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

It is night.

Kate is asleep in her normal form, Sophie is asleep in her cupboard, and nothing notable is happening.

Yet.

Given the fact that this night, unlike most other nights, is being covered (at least in part) on screen, one can theorize that something is going to happen.

Perhaps something horribly bad, or maybe something good... but how many good things have happened at night while the owner of the place is asleep?

No, Santa visits don't count. This is after Thanksmas, anyway. Don't look directly into the timeline.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Indeed, something is happening. the familiar shape of a littlegirl will materialize beside Kate's bed. she has glowing blue hair this time, and appears to be about thirteen years old.

As she climbs into the material world, she casts about the room for a moment, looking for any sort of clothing she can get her hands on; the human insistence on wearing things fascinates her, and she's thinking of something that'll play with that fact.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

There are Kate's jeans... Kate's laundry hamper is full of dirty clothes... oh, there's her coat lying out. Apart from that, Kate's closet is a little open... but that might be harder to work with. And noisy if something is dropped.

Kate is currently in the middle of the deepest stage of sleep, and as thus isn't going to wake up soon... but the Kami doesn't know that.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

the kami keeps herself from giggling as she heads into Kate's closet, being as quiet as she can. And she merely starts... touching different items of clothing, imbuing them with different transformative properties. She'll panic and stop if Kate makes any noise, or if she makes enough noise that it might wake someone up, but as long as nobody interrupts her she'll get back to work and will have added a transformation to everything in her Kate's closet, triggered when someone puts them on.

And then she'll do the same to the dirty laundry hamper, though she's a lot less clean with this one. In the closet, everything is hanging up, waiting to be touched so she can magic it. All this stuff is piled, so she's very messy about rifling through it, tossing everything onto the floor once she's enchanted it. Does Kate wake up at all during this?

11. - Top - End - #521
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Kate rolls over and begins drooling on her pillow a bit, but she does not wake up!

(don't forget the jeans, she's laid them out to wear tomorrow specifically)

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

The Jeans are not forgotten! the kami will poke the jeans once to enchant them before she finally begins to leave. There's not a single item of clothing left in Kate's room besides underwear and what she's already wearing that don't have a transformation effect on them.

And then, giggling madly, she will quietly open the window and leave - if there's a fire escape, she'll use that. If there isn't, she'll just drop to the ground, being perfectly safe in doing this as she's not bound by normal terrestrial laws.

Kate will be free to sleep for the rest of the night uninterrupted.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

(I'll just assume that she got into the dresser, too, which I foolishly forgot to mention.)

The next morning, Kate is woken by her alarm. That means it's a work day. Anyway, the first thing Kate does in the morning is get dressed.

She presumably finds out about the changes made quickly enough.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-12-23 at 09:40 PM.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Kate may suddenly find herself naturally standing on what feels like high heels as bone sprouts from her ankles, forming spikes. She'll be able to walk naturally with them, though, as if she'd been born with them. it'll just seem odd.

As for the shirt's effect, as Kate puts it on, her skin starts to sprout... fur. Specifically, the fine feel of fox fur, for that's what it is, covering her entire body. Her natural hair will change to match this new coat.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

[Char's House]

"Nobody yet," says Meredit. "But there's you here and me and maybe some more will come after seeing Santa. That's enough for party games. That's enough to bake a double batch of goodies!"
    Char grimaces for a second, and starts to talk but is interrupted by

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    Char's House

Quiet knocks on the door, after Santa told her to come..
    Char zooms over to the door and opens it.
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

16. - Top - End - #526
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Kate, being somewhat groggy, does not notice the changes until she puts on the shirt. She then immediately takes the shirt back off and throws it on the ground... and while looking down she notices the change to her feet. She quickly stumbles back onto her bed and examines them closer... that really, really looks like it should hurt, but it doesn't? What's going on?

Kate grabs her holy symbol and just tries to dispel it. Please dispel.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

The fox fur vanishes in a moment, but the bone high-heels are sticking around for now. The shirt's no longer around to support the fur, but she's still wearing her jeans, so the heals have that for support.

Too bad Kate can't read OOC text.

The bone heel is a spike heel, and her foot has contorted into a shape that should be unnatural, but feels entirely comfortable and even natural at the moment. None of the muscles are taut; it's like her foot is naturally supposed to be like this.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-12-23 at 10:12 PM.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

It looks like it should hurt, though. And it's on the end of her legs. And it's just... gah. Don't think about it don't think about it.

Kate needs to just take this one at a time. Fist thing first, decency...

Kate realizes that she might no be able to trust her wardrobe... but she can't go out like this. She rifles through her closet a bit and chooses another long-sleeved shirt. She's hoping that the hunch is wrong.

It's a really, really good thing she can't read OOC text.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

As kate puts on this second shirt, she may suddenly find that her clothing is quite a bit tighter than it was... and she's growing in mass.

Her previously unassuming figure is being replaced with that of an obese girl! oh no! Her pants and shirt will likely feel fairly constricting.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

TAKE IT OFF TAKE IT OFF DISPEL DISPEL DISPEL

Kate is not going to try on any more shirts from her closet.

Aha, she can just get something out of her laundry bin.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

The obesity is gone just as quickly as the fox fur was.

Her laundry bin which is currently sitting spread out on the floor like someone was rifling through it? Yeah, that's totally a good idea. So, what type of shirt does Kate pick up? /sarcasm

In all seriousness though, if Kate chooses to pick something up, it'll have an effect. Does she still go through with it?

22. - Top - End - #532
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Oh.... no.

When Kate realizes that, she concludes that's a Bad Idea.

But she can't go out without clothes! She has to figure out something... she reaches back way into the back of her well-packed closet. Please, please have missed something. Or at least have not tagged it with anything too nasty... no. She sighs and puts the first shirt back on. If nothing else she knows what it does.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-12-23 at 10:49 PM.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Once the shirt is back on, Kate ill find herself once more covered in fox fur. It would honestly feel kind of nice, if not for the fact that fur under clothes is rather uncomfortable.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Riss' Quarters

So it was pretty much as Misha was worrying about, but Riss was asking her opinion on all of it... the muse may detect a soft sigh of hesitation from her aqua vitae as Misha tries to phrase her thoughts as clearly as possible.

"You shouldn't abandon your body. Your body makes up what you are just as much as your mind does, and without both you might not be the same person anymore. I-it's... I don't know how to explain it." Even with the time to steady herself, she's still utterly at a loss.

"Let me try again? Before I played that game with the gloamings, everything I did with you, getting close to someone, sex, sharing my hopes and dreams and emotions, none of that would have occured to me. I was just the guardian of a pool in a forest that no one remembered or cared about anymore. Changing my body changed my desires, because my body is a part of me, and while I'm grateful for everything that brought to me... I know I'm not the same person I was before it. I don't belong to my pool anymore, I don't want to go into a long sleep and forget things anymore, I don't want to stay in one place... there are still remnants of the old me, and I still have the few memories of what I was like, but it's like another person's life now." Okay, that was getting somewhere, she supposed, but she still didn't feel it was enough.

"It's the same idea when I take on the traits of someone my water has tasted. I... I can feel what their body would want and need on a level most people would never know by comparing their body to my own. Everyone I've killed-" Misha stumbles over the word, but swallows and carries on, "I've felt their darkest and brightest desires. Not mental ones, but purely physical. Things most of them would never know existed. It might be why it takes so much concentration to be in a form other than my own, because I have to fight the body's desires to keep my head and act how I really want to act. It's easier if I just take on traits, because then I'm still mostly myself. I'd never really thought about those parts of my abilities before we were together, but the more I think these days, the more I uncover."

Misha stops the massage, stops holding Riss altogether, so she can run her fingers through her own hair as tears form in her eyes, "If a change of body could drive me to you... Riss, I don't want to take the chance, any chance, that losing this body means you might no longer need me. I know it wouldn't seem that way, but you can't know how much of what between us is your physical needs and how much is your brain." Tears are falling freely now, Misha's lip quivers as her words finally break into sobs and she forces her face into the crook of the muse's shoulder, murmuring, "You just can't..."

[Riss' Quarters]

With a sharp pang of guilt, Riss cradled her nereid in her arms as she felt tears on her skin. She didn't even consider this kind of reaction when she had been wondering how to touch upon this subject. Even more so, however, she felt a twisting of a dull pain in her stomach that she had caused her Misha this kind of distress. "H-hey now..'" she crooned as she brushed the nereid's hair back with a hand. "I haven't done anything yet. This is why I want your opinion on things because.. Because you see things in ways I don't and because your thoughts are valuable to me." the muse said, trying to find the right words to assuage the sudden welling of emotion. Coming up with nothing else beyond what she had said already, she went with simply holding her beloved close and whispering gentle, appeasing phrases to hopefully ease things along. The best she could do would be to just let Misha get it out of her system while she did what she could to sooth her.

Once Misha seemed to be feeling better, and not a moment before, Riss would place a gentle kiss on the nereid's forehead before trying to get her to raise her head just enough for their gaze to meet in the deep gloom. "I will do nothing that would make me want to give you up. Did you know that when I was first coming to terms with what I felt about you, I went so far as to find a logical reason for why I would want to stay with you? I know that the body does supply many influences on the mind like that but..." Stopping mid-sentence, Riss nibbled on the inside of her lip for a moment before trying something else. "This.. Might sound a bit off topic but would you like to move over to the pool I've made for a bit? I think it might help you relax, I mean." she said. While she wanted to explain to Misha how, in her particular case at least, some of the problems she sees had already been taken care of already, what was most important right now was to make her happy again. And, in accordance with that resolve, Riss would carry her nereid in her arms if she agreed on the subject of relocating. It would take a bit of additional power to her muscular enhancements that would leave her feeling a bit sore later but that price was one easily paid.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Kate sighs. She then calls her work place and tells them that she won't be coming in because of nexus madness.

"Kate? Are you okay?"

"No. All my clothes are changing me."

"What? Crud. Do you think my clothes are effected, too?"

"I think you would have known by now if it..." Kate stops.

"Oh. Um, no... and I'll just be in my cupboard until you figure out a way to test it."

Kate sighs. Great. Now what? She flops onto her bed, and quickly shifts because the bone high heels are uncomfortable in the usual pose.

Think think think think

Kate grabs he holy symbol. "Cos, if you have a minute, I would like to talk to you."

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

A voice will enter Kate's mind, in the usual manner, I'm here Kate. Is something wrong?

27. - Top - End - #537
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"My shirts, probably my whole wardrobe now that I think about it, have been enchanted to change me when I put them on. There's a few other things I wanted to talk to you about, but that's the pressing one."

Kate is staying on her bed for now. She doesn't want to put weight on her feet. She knows that they work, but... nnnngh.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

I'm sorry Kate, but this isn't something I can fix for you, Cos says, if this was something like somebody had changed the way you think, it'd be a Different story, like the morning you woke up as a half-dragon. I don't mean to be rude about this, but I'm already granting you power as my high priestess. That should be enough.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"The other thing is that there might be a big hole in spacetime in inside. I'm not actually sure, but there was a rip noise and a ton of chaos, so that can only mean something bad. I'm not sure if it's fixed itself by now or what, but you're the person... being I know that's most likely to be able to help with that. Thanks anyway."

Well, Kate feels rather silly now. More than slightly embarrassed, really.

She takes a minute to think. What are all the tools available to her?

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

I've actually looked into that, Cos says, Until it actively starts harming people, it sits outside of my portfolio. I'm not exactly that strong of a god yet, and acting outside of my influence is difficult.

As I said, I'm sorry I can't help more.