New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 13: Insert Silly Title Here

Kate's Apartment

"Don't sweat it."

Think, think, think... ah.

Kate gets up and takes off her clothes so that she can shift to her draconic form. She then switches her cybernetic eyes over the various settings, especially the magic detecting one. She wants to confirm that the vandal got everything.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Yeah, the vandal got everything. Anything that you could reasonably see a person wearing, they got. Anything that people would wear but remains unseen, such as underwear and socks, remain untouched, however. Even Kate's coat is enchanted. Her dresser is a veritable glowing box.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Kate sighs, but isn't surprised. Okay... after a bit of pondering, Kate puts on a random dragon-friendly shirt and a skirt. Carefully, of course, so that she can whisk them off if the change is... too drastic.

No, she's not just going to go around in her underwear. She's going to have an awkward enough day as is without wearing too few of clothes. And it's winter out there!
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-12-24 at 12:11 AM.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

As Kate puts on the skirt, he legs will become longer and more defined, leaving lower body statuesque. Not really any effect beyond that.

She shirt, on the other hand, causes something odd to happen. Her entire upper body becomes a muscled mass of power, as if she was a body builder. not her neck or above, and nothing at her hips or below. Just her torso and arms.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Nurrh... the dissonance here is too great to be comfortable. Kate takes the items off and dispels the effects.

Hmm.

Notes. Kate begins to make notes for what each piece of clothing she knows of does. There, now she'll be able to avoid making a mistake twice.

Kate will then put on two other items, one shirt and one skirt again, hoping that they will at least kind of cooperate.

((Edited for clarity))
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-12-24 at 12:53 AM.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    Well, you got me up. And I can get you warm! He sweeps her up in a hug!
    "Gods, Vierzt, you're like a big puppy!" Gelley squeaks, trying to overcome a fit of giggles. "You're making it awfully hard to do naughty things." Not that she seems to mind. She's still grinning after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Fettina's Place]

Evan just grins, catching the book after it hits him in the chest (which doesn't seem to phaze his rock hard abs at all), "They're just from the library anyways. Not like I spent money on them." He'll enter the suite at this point, "Alright, let's get this shindig started. What am I cooking?"
    "Well, I wanted something hard, and I'm in a meaty sort've mood, so I got all the stuff together for Beef Wellington," Tina says, gesturing toward the kitchen with a little bow. "Take it away, chef. Some stuffed potatoes might go well with the beef, I think."

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    House Hunting

The Realtor will drive them to the house if they want to let him drive... or he'll give them the directions, whatever works.

The house itself is big, old, and dusty... but it's really well-made, sturdy, and well-maintained. You could probably rent a cleaning service on a regular basis and keep it clean with no issue.

And it's huge. It's the kind of house that super-wealthy socialites wish they had. It has a ballroom, and a pool, and is overall one of those really disgustingly extravagant borderline palatial mansions.

Also, the basement could probably be made into a superhero-style secret base if you wanted to. And you could store all those little secrets you want to get rid of in a place that no one will ever find them, and store large amounts of actual useful or useless things.
    Tina sticks close to Kirk while they wander about, content to observe or ask a question every now and then. The gleam in her eyes should tell him her intent. Disgustingly extravagent is perfect.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #547
    Meredit
    Guest in the Playground

[Char's House]

"See," Meredit tells Char.

Meredit who lived in the biggest fanciest house of all her friends was kind of stuck-up. That was her bossy slumber party voice.

Slumber parties did not have lost little girls though so Meredit remembers who she is now. She talks in a more gentle voice. "Hello! Come in to our slumber party. We're so happy to see you!"

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ogre in the Playground

[House Hunting]

The drow keeps an eye on Tina as they go through the tour. She certainly has expensive tastes. Kirk's always stuck with fairly spartan living spaces, but he can definitely see the appeal. When they're nearing the end of the tour, he says. "You like this, don't you?" He gives her a knowing smile that tells her he already knows.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Halfling in the Playground

[House Hunting]

"It's the biggest house I've ever seen, Kirk. And I never buy anything really luxurious." The word rolls off her tongue pleasantly. "It isn't too much, is it?" She does slow her roll a little to note Kirk's concerns. They might not change her opinion, but...
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ogre in the Playground

[House Hunting]

Kirk laughs and shakes his head. "Nah, not at all. I can hire some people for the upkeep without and problem." He looks around at the room they're in briefly. "I could almost get lost in this place, though. I'm holding you responsible if I have to climb out a window to get out."

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Kate's Apartment

Nurrh... the dissonance here is too great to be comfortable. Kate takes the items off and dispels the effects.

Hmm.

Notes. Kate begins to make notes for what each piece of clothing she knows of does. There, now she'll be able to avoid making a mistake twice.

Kate will then put on two other items, one shirt and one skirt again, hoping that they will at least kind of cooperate.

((Edited for clarity))
    [Kate's Apartment]

For a moment, Kate will feel her entire body tingle - magic is trying to affect her skin. Unfortunately for the magic, she's rather covered in scales right now. Because it doesn't have skin to affect, the transformative magic in the shirt fizzles, leaving Kate as she was after the momentary odd sensation.

As for the skirt... nothing happens. Or rather, the same thing happens, only this time it was supposed to be shark skin. But, of course, the dragon scales prevented that.

I can't make this stuff up. I've actually got a table laid out for it. Kate is just really lucky.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-12-24 at 09:30 AM.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

A-ha! The perpetrator did not know that Kate only uses her skirts when she's covered in scales.

Okay, Kate then takes a break to get breakfast and examine Sophie's wardrobe. She notices that Copi is still on the couch, asleep, but doesn't think much of it. She just knows that Copi, quote, "Got into a fight with air pirates and gravity won."

Nothing really notable happens during breakfast, except for one thing. When Kate first pours herself a drink of water, it forms into a small whirlpool in the glass. This is unrelated to the Kami's antics, and instead is caused by the fact that Kate's apartment is saturated with fairy energy. One issue at a time, though. Kate will worry about the random whirlpool after she's dealt with the fact that her clothes are all magicked.

Kate will then check to see if Sophie's wardrobe is affected, too.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ogre in the Playground

[Char's House]

Char has never actually had a slumber party so she scrambles around trying to figure out what to do. Eventually, she settles on food and tosses a block of cheese at Meredit.
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Sophie's clothing is not, in fact, enchanted. It seems the vandal was only traipsing around in Kate's room, and into the entryway to put magic on the shoes.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Okay. Kate goes back into her room and picks up the shirt that made her obese. She tries to dispel the effect on the shirt: the enchantment itself as opposed to what it does. If that works, it makes the next step much easier.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

And... it doesn't work. The shirt remains enchanted, the magic woven into the very fabric of it. She'd need to dispel every thread to be able to dispel the whole shirt.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Well, then, she'll just have to try something else. She places the shirt on the bed and draws a circle of pixie dust around it. The circle is supposed to multiply the effects of any pixie dust in it... so when Kate uses dust to try and dispel the effect again, it should be much more potent.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Well... it's really too bad she decided to do this on the bed. For a moment, nothing happens to the shirt.

This is followed by something violently happening to the shirt.

That's what appears to be green fire! letting off blue smoke! Anything the smoke touches will suddenly be coated in fat, as if someone had smeared butter all over it. Eventually the shirt will burn away. it's not hot, but if someone sticks their hand into the flame it'll make that body part obese permanently, though metabolic rates will generally fix that on their own.

After the fire has burnt out, it will not have done anything but leave the bed feeling like someone dumped a tub of lard on it. Ew.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"GAH!"

Kate spends the next few minutes trying to contain the smoke and then using pixie dust to clean up the mess. Bye the time she's done, she will be both tired and a bit short, height-wise.

She had liked that shirt, too... What is she going to do now?

She can't just buy a new wardrobe, she doesn't have that kind of money. Not after her shopping trip, anyway... which she spent money on because she thought she wouldn't need a new wardrobe.

Okay, let's get to an operational status so she can go out if she has to. Kate's coat can't fit over her wings, so first she shifts back to her normal body. Of course, that will probably cause her to quickly discover what the effects of her current clothes are...
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-12-24 at 02:34 PM.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lord pringle View Post
    Char grimaces for a second, and starts to talk but is interrupted by

Char zooms over to the door and opens it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meredit View Post
    [Char's House]

"See," Meredit tells Char.

Meredit who lived in the biggest fanciest house of all her friends was kind of stuck-up. That was her bossy slumber party voice.

Slumber parties did not have lost little girls though so Meredit remembers who she is now. She talks in a more gentle voice. "Hello! Come in to our slumber party. We're so happy to see you!"

Quiet waves a little 'hello' and grins shyly! M

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Gods, Vierzt, you're like a big puppy!" Gelley squeaks, trying to overcome a fit of giggles. "You're making it awfully hard to do naughty things." Not that she seems to mind. She's still grinning after all.
    [/COLOR]
    Vierzt laughs again and puts her down. Oh? Would you rather I act naughty?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Both effects take place at once! The backless shirt is interesting because it applies photosynthesis to her! Congrats Kate! you can now survive without food! That said, it also turns her entirely green.

The skirt, on the other hand, gives her skin a shark-like texture, which means it's like sandpaper.

Kate may note that, for a moment, this body was as she had sent it into the ether; bone heels and fox fur. As the enchantments on these clothes asserted themselves, however, it eliminated the previous enchantments. This is interesting news.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Oh! That's useful. In fact, that's some of the best news yet today.

Today hasn't been a good day.

Kate decides to take off the skirt and put on a different pair of jeans than the one she knows is not going to be useful. Maybe some other pair of jeans won't make wearing shoes impossible.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Well, this doesn't make wearing shoes impossible certainly, but the clothes she has may be a bit uncomfortable just as a matter of course.

Mainly because these pants turn her into a boy.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Kate will wrestle those off, label them, and then put different ones on. Hopefully these jeans are more cooperative.

And then extract herself from the horrid wedgie. Ow.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

This pair of jeans gives her cat-style digitigrade feet, so by themselves they don't work. Given you've told me she only has four pairs of jeans, and she can't wear these ones, the final one is honestly fairly tame, if a bit tight.

It gives her the lower half body of an hourglass figure. This'll likely put a bit of strain on the hips and rump, but it's otherwise fairly simple.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

After a bit of hesitance, Kate accepts the hourglass figure. She doesn't have a lot of choice in the matter, anyway.

Kate could then put on the fox fur shirt... but it's rather uncomfortable. After a bit of deliberation, she elects to try on a different shirt. If it turns out to be highly undesirable, she can just use the fur shirt instead.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Well, this one has an odd effect. it's not a physical change, but a mental one. Much like the physical shifts, the development is sort of easing into it, so Kate may not realize there's any effect on her immediately.

This is exacerbated by the mental change. It's relatively simple, but it'll probably be effective, because it's made especially for kate.

It gives her pixie brain.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Well.

Kate is somewhat surprised that nothing changes, and even takes the shirt back off to check to see if anything small has changed. Finding nothing, she puts the shirt back on. She figures it's doing something... but as long as it doesn't really effect her, it doesn't matter!

What was that? Oh, a bird flew by outside. Isn't it a bit cold for that? Maybe it's a cold-weather bird. What was she doing? Clothes... oh, right, seeing if she could go outside today because something has enchanted all her clothes. That's kind of important.

Kate puts on her shoes. The effect on these (and the one on her coat) is going to determine whether she can go outside. Why did she want to go outside? She doesn't remember. Oh, well.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Kate's shoes will give her claws! Rawr! on both her hands and her feet.

The coat on the other hand... well, there's a reason it's more strongly enchanted than most of the clothing was. It's meant to give her an excessive hourglass figure, though it'll only affect her upper body given her lower body has already fallen into this. The big difference with this enchantment, however, is that rather than being a sustained effect like all the clothing is (and her shoes, of course), this is a single moment effect.

As in, it'll change her, and then the enchantment will be gone. As in, it'll affect her, and then the magic will dissipate, because after it's taken effect, it'll no longer require magic to sustain, as it adjusts the shape of her natural body rather than applying an effect. This... will make it relatively hard to dispel, to say the least.

The reason for this is that the Kami wanted at least one effect that wouldn't go away, and putting it on the coat seemed like the most likely article of clothing for her to put on. It's freezing outside, after all.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

The shoes aren't too bad, but the coat makes her highly uncomfortable. As in, he clothes no longer fit at all! What is she going to-oh! She could shift into her draconic form and alter some clothes to fit her! Kate takes off all her clothes and shifts back to dragon form.

And then needs to sit down as her brain goes from "pixie!" to "only somewhat pixie." Okay. After a bit of thought, she labels that shirt and places it aside. Not going to go out with that going on in her head. However, "Katie" had a good idea.

Kate will choose another random shirt, non-dragon friendly, and switch back to normal to squeeze into it.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-12-24 at 05:16 PM.