New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 13: Insert Silly Title Here

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Kate's Apartment

"Oh, yes." Kate goes to the cupboard. Not Sophie's cupboard, but a different one. "I don't know if it's causing any of this, but I've kept it-"

Kate opens a cupboard. In there is a glass dish upside-down... but nothing in it.

"Uhoh."

Kate opens the next cupboard over, and there it is in front of the cereal.

The golden apple, with the word "Caution" proudly displayed.
    Kate's Apartment

Julie sighs shortly, not really expecting anything different, "Ah, so it is one of those apples. Well then I can tell you what I know, which isn't much at all, or I can tell you what the gossip in the asphodel fields was about Eris' little care packages, which will probably make you more paranoid than anything. You probably understand that with a goddess of discord and anarchy there's never really a lot of solid info to be had." The succubus flips her hair over one shoulder with an artful head-tilt to get it out of her eyes, not taking them off the apple for an instant.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"I just want to know if it's irradiating my apartment, or if something else is, since something obviously is."

Kate picks it up and hastily places it back under the dish. Not the best containment, but probably better than actually trying to quarantine it. You know, sometimes chaos magic doesn't like being contained.

3. - Top - End - #843

Kate's Apartment

"I just want to know if it's irradiating my apartment, or if something else is, since something obviously is."

Kate picks it up and hastily places it back under the dish. Not the best containment, but probably better than actually trying to quarantine it. You know, sometimes chaos magic doesn't like being contained.
    Kate's Apartment

"Hearsay and speculation it is then." Julie admits, since she has no idea if the thing could be irradiating anything.

"So, Eris generally gives the apples out to people she finds interesting, or just for fun she'll toss them in the midst of greedy people looking for a power boost. They're like non-specific promises for a favor from her, all wrapped up. If the skin of the apple is broken, the favor is called in. That's about all anyone can determine about them, and apart from that there's all kinds of rumors going around. One is that she can scry through them or make good on the favor without the apple even being harmed if she finds it amusing enough to do so, another is that there are different effects depending on whether you bite the apple or break it open without tasting it. The last two that are almost certainly true is that you don't get to ask for the favor you want, she decides what help she gives you once you ask for it, and the apple disappears once it's used up. So she could be spying on us right now, but if she was doing something to your apartment through the apple it would have rotted away or something by now unless what I've heard doesn't apply here."
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Kate looks at the apple some more, then. Should she get it out of the way? Should she put it in her backpack?

Kate closes the door of the cupboard. "Then what-"

The roomag pops out of another cupboard, wobbles in the air, flips belly-up, and then falls to the floor. In that order; it's rather comical.

Also, it's rather encrusted with moss.

Kate looks down at it. "You said you knew someone that could help?"

5. - Top - End - #845

Kate's Apartment

Kate looks at the apple some more, then. Should she get it out of the way? Should she put it in her backpack?

Kate closes the door of the cupboard. "Then what-"

The roomag pops out of another cupboard, wobbles in the air, flips belly-up, and then falls to the floor. In that order; it's rather comical.

Also, it's rather encrusted with moss.

Kate looks down at it. "You said you knew someone that could help?"
    Kate's Apartment

"Uhhh... yes?" She doesn't sound too sure about that anymore, "Wasn't that thing made of metal before? I didn't think normal moss could grow on metal. Or that robots could fly around with moss in their bits, though I'm less sure on that part. Oh right, Nathaniel works with machines, both psionic and non, so he might be able to salvage it or something. Don't have any idea how it could have gotten this busted up normally... how long has stuff like this been going on? Like, the earliest thing you can remember that was related to the vacuum or the apartment itself being off for no reason?" Julie refuses to call the crazy thing by its brand name.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [No Longer House Hunting]

Kirk chuckles. "It was probably too much to hope for to find anything to drink." Oh well. It'll be more of a concern later when they're hungry rather than just thinking wine would be nice. "And yeah, it would be. Lots of room, and you could get a catering service in her to cook."
    "Yeah, I know this great catering kitchen back on Earth we could try," Tina says, leaning against a counter and clasping the edge with both hands. "So. No wine. Whatever will we do with ourselves, Kirk?"

[Treehouse]

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    Vierzt will lean over, kiss her, and gently pull the curtain.
    The curtain is pulled.

Afterward, Gelley finally lies back, her chest rising and falling gently. Her hands land somewhere above her head, in the tangled curtain of hair that's been left around it. Needless to say, the heroine's body falls slack, wriggling a little but otherwise momentarily exhausted.

She closes her eyes and sighs, making no move to leave just yet.

[Fettina's Place]

"I feel as though you're joking with me, but it's hard to tell around here," Naitiri says, shaking her head with a smile. The smile is much like Nait - slim, crisp and rather charming. "Could one of you set the table?"

"I got it!" Gel volunteers immediately. She hops up to work at it, and Tina sits back, making no move to assist.

The youngest sister merely says, "I hope you two haven't ruined the thing. I'd have to come out there and do it myself."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2013-01-20 at 09:47 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #847
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"Uhh... well, it started to act kind of odd after you yoinked it around, and shortly after that I was having sleep dusting pixie problems, but that shouldn't be a connected issue unless it was... emitting..."

Kate looks down at the bot. If...

"I need to go change into the dragon form, get my eyes in here."

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fettina's Place]

"Psh. If anybody ruined it, it was totally Naitiri," Evan will carry the wellington out to the table as it's being set, "And now, to enjoy a delicious meal surrounded by three unbelievably hot women. Truly, I am a king among men."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ogre in the Playground

Kirk smirks and saunters toward her. "I can think of a few things." He settles his hands on her sides and runs them down to her hips. "One of them involves finding the bedroom, but some of the more interesting ones..." He goes on, describing some downright dirty things in a husky voice. At some point he'll move his hands under her legs, so he can pick her up and carry her off to a more suitable location.

Hopefully they don't get interrupted along the way!

10. - Top - End - #850

Kate's Apartment

"Feel free, although if this is because of your sleep dusting maybe these effects were just delayed? I mean, it's technology and I can't imagine it'd work very cleanly with fey magic, so everything effecting it would take more time right?" Yeah Julie has less than no idea how fey mojo works, just that it doesn't work well on certain things.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ogre in the Playground

[Amlin's Apartment]

Presumably, both Amlin and Patty arrive here.

The place is a bit stark, with only a hallway and three doors; one at the end, and one to either side. The one at the end of the hallway leads into the living room, so reason holds that one of these side rooms must be the bedroom.

Amlin, unsure of himself, doesn't know what to do, and just sort of stands still with a blush across his face.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Troll in the Playground

[Amlin's Apartment]

Indeed they do find themselves there. And Patty looks around with a smile.
    "You know, this is a pretty nice place you have here," she says, turning towards Amlin, and letting the trenchcoat slip from her other shoulder.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2013-01-20 at 11:09 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

13. - Top - End - #853
    Ogre in the Playground

[Amlin's Apartment]

Amlin blushes, "It's nothing special, really. Do you want to eat something while we're catching up or... something else?"

Wow, he's really bad at this. His staring at her cleavage doesn't help matters. Or his blush.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Troll in the Playground

[Amlin's Apartment]

Patty manages to tamp down the rampant desire just enough to smile. "How about something to drink?" she suggests, looking for a place to take a seat.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

15. - Top - End - #855
    Ogre in the Playground

[Amlin's Apartment]

The living room is, as said, stark. Given that Amlin no longer eats, there aren't any unwashed dishes, or even any dishes visible at all. The couch faces a small TV set in between a pair of well-stocked book shelves. Most of the tomes present are textbooks on necromantic practice, but otherwise there's a few fantasy novels as well, notably the Wheel of Time series, one through fourteen.

The whole place smells... sterile. Too clean.

Amlin will reach into a dusty cupboard, given he hasn't used the dishes in a month or two, and will peek into the fridge for something to drink. Where he finds... nothing "Well I have Water and... water."

He'll take the liberty of washing out the dusty glass before filling it with water to give to her. What he wouldn't give for some wine right now.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Troll in the Playground

[Amlin's Apartment]

"Water's good." Patty smiles broadly, and, as soon as Amlin's back is turned, slips off the trenchcoat, settling back onto the couch, resting on one elbow and with her legs crossed, smiling at him the moment he turns back around...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #857
    Ogre in the Playground

[Amlin's Apartment]

As Amlin sits down beside her on the couch, he'll hand her the water and... commence staring at her exposed breasts. He makes no move yet, not really sure how to approach the situation, as he's pretty new to this.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Troll in the Playground

[Amlin's Apartment]

Patty daintily sips the water, smiling warmly, and goes to hand back the glass.
    "Thank you. You know, you're a very handsome man..."
    And Amlin will find himself on the receiving end of one (1) attempted Angelican kiss!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ogre in the Playground

[Amlin's Apartment]

Amlin is kissed, and after a moment of tenseness, He'll basically melt into Patty.

He'll feel more skeletal once she's pressing against him, including slat-ribs and sunken stomach. That said, as before, there's an odd sense of health and vitality to him, like despite his emaciation, he's entirely healthy.

And the parts needed for a curtain are working entirely well too, as she'll find out when he tries to drop said curtain. He's not exactly good at it, but Patty can probably make up for that

20. - Top - End - #860
    Troll in the Playground

[Amlin's Apartment]

Indeed, Patty pulls the curtain. And she does, indeed, know more than a few tricks she'll be quite happy to put to use for as long as it's down!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #861
    Dwarf in the Playground

No Longer House Hunting

The only thing that might stop them is a scream of desperation and aggravation coming from upstairs!

Yep, definitely a scream. Female. Not dissimilar to the kind of scream one makes before breaking down in tears.

Kate's Apartment

After a minute, Kate comes out of her room in dragon-freindly clothes and dragon form. "I found the beginning of a fairy ring under my bed after I checked my mattress, but I stomped that and it didn't come up again. But that thing's been acting quirky, and it was sucking up the air from my room while I was dusting, so stuff might have happened inside it. And then even after I stopped, the apartment always smelled fresh, so I half-wondered if there was another ring around."

She reaches down to pick up the Roomag and looks into it. "Yeah... looks like a fairy ring formed around the lip of the the hole. That's probably what's been making it act up."
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2013-01-21 at 12:34 PM.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Ogre in the Playground

[Amlin's Apartment]

I imagine the curtain will rise some time later, Amlin breathing heavily as his emaciated body is covered in sweat from the exertion. Seems like he's about to fall asleep. He definitely enjoyed that, no matter how inexperienced he is.

Patty will find that her mind is free of the desirous urge that Harvey generally puts forth when approaching someone new. Patty will have complete control of her own mind once more.

23. - Top - End - #863

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Khair's ears twitch slowly.
    I'm good with a knife---'specially carving things. I did a chess set if you'd like to see... She wipes her leaky eyes. Wouldn't put myself anywhere near food 'f I were you, though...
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Maeve reaches up to gently stroke Khair's ears with the arm that's not around her, smiling reassuringly, as the catgirl still seems a bit nervous to her, though for now she keeps any insights she might have to herself.
    [Maeve's]

"I would actually," Doc says interestedly, "I'm sort of an art buff. Having a craft may be pretty useful. You can sell anything you make."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

24. - Top - End - #864

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Fettina's Place]

"Psh. If anybody ruined it, it was totally Naitiri," Evan will carry the wellington out to the table as it's being set, "And now, to enjoy a delicious meal surrounded by three unbelievably hot women. Truly, I am a king among men."
    "Hey!" Naitiri interjects with a laugh, following him toward the table.

Tina's own tinny laugh follows. "See, what'd I tell you two? Always with the compliments, this guy."

"Bit full of himself, isn't he?" Gelley asks with a grin as she steals her seat.

"Just a bit." The younger sisters have a little laugh at his expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

Kirk smirks and saunters toward her. "I can think of a few things." He settles his hands on her sides and runs them down to her hips. "One of them involves finding the bedroom, but some of the more interesting ones..." He goes on, describing some downright dirty things in a husky voice. At some point he'll move his hands under her legs, so he can pick her up and carry her off to a more suitable location.

Hopefully they don't get interrupted along the way!
    No Longer House Hunting

The only thing that might stop them is a scream of desperation and aggravation coming from upstairs!

Yep, definitely a scream. Female. Not dissimilar to the kind of scream one makes before breaking down in tears.
    Tina listens much more intently as Kirk approaches, and her cheeks redden just the slightest bit as he goes on to describe his plans. She's still skinny as a doe, so picking her up won't be hard, though there's not much left for her tiny dress to hide at this awkward angle.

Fettina's just leaned in for the first kiss when a scream echoes down from above. She groans and shifts in his arms. "Can we please just leave it?" Some part of her knows they shouldn't, but lust is getting the better of her again.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #865
    Bugbear in the Playground

Treehouse

Viekrzt will just lie there for a minute.

They knocked a jug of orange juice over.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

26. - Top - End - #866
    Ogre in the Playground

Kirk sighs inwardly and shakes his head. There goes his last hope something weird isn't going on here. "I really wish we could. Believe me." he gives her a brief kiss on the cheek and lets her down.

"Stay close to me and we'll get to the bottom of this. Then maybe we can relax." He offers his hand for her to take, and if she agrees, he'll guide the way toward where the scream came from.

27. - Top - End - #867

[Treehouse]

Onto the bed? Oh dear. Gelley doesn't even notice until something cold starts to tickle her side. She squeaks and jumps up, whether Vierzt is still on top of her or not. "Oh no! Vierzt, your sheets!"

Tina straightens out her dress, huffs irritably, and takes Kirk's hand to go investigate.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #868
    Dwarf in the Playground

No Longer House Hunting

Upstairs, it'll take a bit of looking to find a door a little open with the light on inside. If they go over and look in...

...this was not a padded room earlier. It was a small bedroom, yes, but the walls weren't lined with padding, and the sheets on the bed were not hospital white.

Also, that wall was clean. Right now it has graffiti all over it, in some kind of marker.

THEY STAB IT WITH THEIR STEELY KNIVES
    BUT THEY CAN NOT KILL THE BEAST

Creepy.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Troll in the Playground

[Amlin's Apartment]

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    I imagine the curtain will rise some time later, Amlin breathing heavily as his emaciated body is covered in sweat from the exertion. Seems like he's about to fall asleep. He definitely enjoyed that, no matter how inexperienced he is.

Patty will find that her mind is free of the desirous urge that Harvey generally puts forth when approaching someone new. Patty will have complete control of her own mind once more.
    Patty, for her part, takes a long moment just to relax, catching her breath and marveling at how it feels to just be herself.

And how good that felt overall, too.

No doubt Angela is pleased!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #870
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Amlin's Apartment]

Patty, for her part, takes a long moment just to relax, catching her breath and marveling at how it feels to just be herself.

And how good that felt overall, too.

No doubt Angela is pleased!
    [Amlin's Apartment]

Amlin will have passed out before long, completely naked, on the couch. He looks comfy, and the apartment is fairly warm after all that, so it's not like he'll freeze there. Patty will have the run of the place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Hey!" Naitiri interjects with a laugh, following him toward the table.

Tina's own tinny laugh follows. "See, what'd I tell you two? Always with the compliments, this guy."

"Bit full of himself, isn't he?" Gelley asks with a grin as she steals her seat.

"Just a bit." The younger sisters have a little laugh at his expense. .
    [Fettina's Place]

"Just the truth. If being surrounded by beautiful women, eating good food, and having a bank full of money isn't success, then what is?" He grins, "Now come on, let's eat! I didn't cook this so we could stare at it!"

[Ormirrah's Apartment]

Ormirrah, the half-black dragon with self-image issues, is climbing out of the shower at the moment, wrapping a towel around herself. Given how her body changes to fill in any clothing she doesn't fit (or shrinks to them, as the case may be), she put on a fairly large bra before climbing into the shower, just to feel good about herself. after all, she can always get rid of them later.