New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXXIX: Harrowing in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    So, guys.

Everyone has noticed, I'm sure, that every new mode introduced since the beginning of Season 1 has featured level 3 start, increased gold at start, and increased passive XP/gold gain.

What do you think would happen if something similar were implemented on SR?
    See, I've been wanting something like this since day 1. Call it advanced start. I think it would make poor early laning champions more valuable such as malphite, mordakiser, and singed, since they can start with enough items to make transitioning to mid game easier. It would also make super early game champions like shaco, lee sin and sion much worse.

I have also wanted 4 man summoner's rift (no more need for support), 5 man twisted tree line (for the lulz not the balance), super start (4000 gold start at level 6), legendary mode (10,000 gold and level 11 start) and themed auto battles (ionia verus noxia).

Edit: Oh and Mr.MoneyBags mode where everything is double gold and exp(SNOWBALL AWAY!!!)
    Last edited by LordShotGun; 2012-10-25 at 06:09 PM.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Colossus in the Playground

So, guys.

Everyone has noticed, I'm sure, that every new mode introduced since the beginning of Season 1 has featured level 3 start, increased gold at start, and increased passive XP/gold gain.

New TT doesn't have level 3 start tho. But yeah, um, Kassadin, Jax, Poppy and few other champs that suffer of atrocious early game would grow much stronger. Early game stompers would get weaker.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordShotGun View Post
    See, I've been wanting something like this since day 1. Call it advanced start. I think it would make poor early laning champions more valuable such as malphite, mordakiser, and singed, since they can start with enough items to make transitioning to mid game easier. It would also make super early game champions like shaco, lee sin and sion much worse.

I have also wanted 4 man summoner's rift (no more need for support), 5 man twisted tree line (for the lulz not the balance), super start (4000 gold start at level 6), legendary mode (10,000 gold and level 11 start) and themed auto battles (ionia verus noxia)
    This would be pretty great. More SSB than a serious competitive game in atmosphere, but you know what? I'm fine with having some of that. I'm a big fan of Proving Grounds, after all.

Also, no. 20 man Twisted Treeline. If you're going to be silly, don't hold back.

Edit: Oh good, so I'm not the only one who thinks Jax has a hilariously awful early game. I thought I might just be really bad at playing him. He's certainly no Kassadin, though.
    Last edited by Cogwheel; 2012-10-25 at 06:10 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    New TT doesn't have level 3 start tho. But yeah, um, Kassadin, Jax, Poppy and few other champs that suffer of atrocious early game would grow much stronger. Early game stompers would get weaker.
    One thing to consider, though, is that many champions are meant to have particularly strong or weak game phases. You couldn't really implement this without requiring sweeping balance changes, and it honestly seems counter-intuitive. Why have level 1 mechanics in the first place if everyone starts at level 3?

I really like SR. I really like early laning. I was mildly upset when I learned that new Treeline had increased starting gold and a dominion-esque speed shrine.

I think that champions who excel at stalling or forcing late-game scenarios would get far too much out of such a change. If anything, it'd make the game less active and action-oriented. It'd be boring.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

So I tried to play Ranked today. Both games had mega champion select trolls. So **** it, I'll play twisted treeline on my brother's account.

edit: Also yes I now have access to his account, since he isn't play much anymore. Feel free to add it: paradon.
    Last edited by toasty; 2012-10-25 at 06:18 PM.

6. - Top - End - #306

While we are on this topic (well at least I am), I want a new co-op versus AI mode where you aren't facing other heroes. You are facing MINIONS. Kinda like a tower/hero defense but with many many MANY new minions in the waves.

Wave 1? 30-50 wolves with 10-20 giant wolves.
    Wave 2? 100-150 mini wraiths + 20-30 giant wraiths
    Then the golems, then start mixing it up. Have a buff creep at the end of each wave divisible by 5 (5,10,15,20,25,30) and start mixing in bosses levels and other things like that.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Troll in the Playground

While we are on this topic (well at least I am), I want a new co-op versus AI mode where you aren't facing other heroes. You are facing MINIONS. Kinda like a tower/hero defense but with many many MANY new minions in the waves.

Wave 1? 30-50 wolves with 10-20 giant wolves.
    Wave 2? 100-150 mini wraiths + 20-30 giant wraiths
    Then the golems, then start mixing it up. Have a buff creep at the end of each wave divisible by 5 (5,10,15,20,25,30) and start mixing in bosses levels and other things like that.
    Twenty Nashors go go go.

Edit: At higher wave numbers caster minions are replaced with waves of Veigars.
    Last edited by Cogwheel; 2012-10-25 at 06:20 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

8. - Top - End - #308
    Banned

Well, the thing is, the reason Kass/Jax/Poppy and so on are OP with level 3 start is because they're currently balanced around level 1 start. Also, a lot of early game stomping really revs up at level 3 when said stompers get their full array of skills.

I guess one point of difference on SR would be that there's no real need for the passive gold/XP gain to go up, since the emphasis on farming is an integral part of SR gameplay. Also, the jungle would need to change.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground

I still stand by Clone Mode. Five Karthus players on each team, first to Deathcap wins.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

10. - Top - End - #310

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    One thing to consider, though, is that many champions are meant to have particularly strong or weak game phases. You couldn't really implement this without requiring sweeping balance changes, and it honestly seems counter-intuitive. Why have level 1 mechanics in the first place if everyone starts at level 3?
    Agreed. I didn't say it'd be a good thing; levels 1-5 are in place for a reason after all. Changing the starting level would basically eliminate the early game. Which would take out much of what I like about the map. Let Dominion be Dominion and SR be SR.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    I still stand by Clone Mode. Five Karthus players on each team, first to Deathcap wins.
    Naah. 5 Shacos on each team, and they all deceive, at the same time.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Naah. 5 Shacos on each team, and they all deceive, at the same time.
    That reminds me, I tried a Volibear mirror match on Proving Grounds last week. Simultaneous Rolling Thunder is amazing.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    To be fair, Ez was considered "trash" for a long time, basically since the rise of Corki/Ashe as the holy duo of win.
    To my knowledge, Ashe has been seen as "Good in teams, bad in solo queue" since I started League, over a year and a half ago.

It'd destroy the jungle as we know it entirely.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

14. - Top - End - #314

Okay, after few games I've come to the conclusion that new TT is unplayable in solo queue. Need to rely on team too much, you just die if you try to do anything since your team is not on the same page. Also playing a team without a trap-using champion is a ****ing pain since you have no brush control whatsoever and the items made for that are just fairly bad vs. anything but stealth.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    To my knowledge, Ashe has been seen as "Good in teams, bad in solo queue" since I started League, over a year and a half ago.
    Not really. Before her nerfs Ashe was seen as a great AD carry because of the Ult. Maybe not the BEST AD carry, especially for solo queue, but certainly an AD carry that is really strong in lower elos because you can force fights. For instance, I remember a while back Jatt made the observation that at the time the highest elo players were often AD carry players, because they could carry their teams in teamfights as everyone laned properly and didn't die a lot. The problem is, in low elo this doesn't work because even if you can carry teamfights you can't start teamfights. For instance, last night Chaox was smurfing and playing Eve. He almost lost the game because his tank, Skarner, didn't play very well at all. Without initiation, you can't win games. Ashe initiates.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Firbolg in the Playground

Okay, after few games I've come to the conclusion that new TT is unplayable in solo queue. Need to rely on team too much, you just die if you try to do anything since your team is not on the same page. Also playing a team without a trap-using champion is a ****ing pain since you have no brush control whatsoever and the items made for that are just fairly bad vs. anything but stealth.
    new items are frigging amazing
    I cannot get over how well thought out black wizard's super sword is

but I don't like the layout or pacing so far :(

EDIT: Whoopsie posted on gitp again
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2012-10-25 at 07:33 PM.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

I want to try Blackfire Torch on everyone now.

It's so stupidly good on singed.

Also, I wonder what the odds were of running into another GitP group in blind pick normals

EDIT: Speak of the devil...

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    I want to try Blackfire Torch on everyone now.

Also, I wonder what the odds were of running into another GitP group in blind pick normals

EDIT: Speak of the devil...
    If I recall correctly, Djinn & Co. Ran into people who were also on Mumble at the same time. Djinn was Vladimir. Sadly Djinn's team lost because their team comp was more for fun than winning.

Why do I remember these obscure little things?
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

19. - Top - End - #319

I keep trying to get into the mumble crowd but every time I join you guys pretty much just talk with each other. It's kinda like trying to force your way into an already established group. I feel like I get ignored and eventually just leave.

I am really tired of solo que and want some voice chat team games.

20. - Top - End - #320

I keep trying to get into the mumble crowd but every time I join you guys pretty much just talk with each other. It's kinda like trying to force your way into an already established group. I feel like I get ignored and eventually just leave.

Do you say anything or just sit in a channel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    That's the kind of beard that says, "I'm rugged enough not to shave, but have good enough genetics/grooming habits that I can not consequentially look like a mountain rapist."
    Pokemon available/breedable (5iv):
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a big list, ask me. All pokemon will be perfect 5iv unless noted otherwise.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3ds Code: 1590-5500-0148

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

Sadly, my mic is built into my headphones, and my desktop has two separate jacks for that

22. - Top - End - #322

This definitely happens, unfortunately. Until you know people, timing is a big thing; you have to be on and looking at the same time other people are. Make sure you get on people's LoL friends list and they know you're a Playgrounder; I've kind of given up on finding games through Mumble for the most part, but I'll sometimes get invites and then hop on Mumble reactively. I'll go ahead and toss you a friend invite and then look for you whenever I'm on Mumble.

23. - Top - End - #323

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    This definitely happens, unfortunately. Until you know people, timing is a big thing; you have to be on and looking at the same time other people are. Make sure you get on people's LoL friends list and they know you're a Playgrounder; I've kind of given up on finding games through Mumble for the most part, but I'll sometimes get invites and then hop on Mumble reactively. I'll go ahead and toss you a friend invite and then look for you whenever I'm on Mumble.
    This sounds more my style. Please toss an invite if you see me on and I will join mumble but otherwise I think I will stay out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtg_player_zach View Post
    Do you say anything or just sit in a channel?
    Oh I have tried to talk but usually just get talked over.
    Last edited by LordShotGun; 2012-10-25 at 08:13 PM.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    If I recall correctly, Djinn & Co. Ran into people who were also on Mumble at the same time. Djinn was Vladimir. Sadly Djinn's team lost because their team comp was more for fun than winning.
    We lost because Nadevoc carried super hard gg. It's happened more than once, though.

25. - Top - End - #325

This sounds more my style. Please toss an invite if you see me on and I will join mumble but otherwise I think I will stay out of it.

Oh I have tried to talk but usually just get talked over.
    Be warned that this does get you far fewer Mumble games. I've never had a problem with solo queue and I have some people I play with over Skype, so that's not an issue for me, but if you're really looking to be a Mumbler, you should put some effort into it. Mostly I just wanted to point out that you should make sure to get some of us on your LoL friends list, since that's one way to sort of get your foot in the door sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    We lost because Nadevoc carried super hard gg. It's happened more than once, though.
    Having played with this Nadevoc character before, I find this hard to believe
    Last edited by Nadevoc; 2012-10-25 at 08:58 PM.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    I'm going to try that now.

Also, have you read the newest skin-sale? I stand by my statement: Lulu is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    Be warned that this does get you far fewer Mumble games. I've never had a problem with solo queue and I have some people I play with over Skype, so that's not an issue for me, but if you're really looking to be a Mumbler, you should put some effort into it. Mostly I just wanted to point out that you should make sure to get some of us on your LoL friends list, since that's one way to sort of get your foot in the door sometimes.
    And a good way to do that is, to put in bluntly, stalk Djinn and Mario, and wait for them to make a game/ask for a fifth.

Ryomasa/Beetle can also be ones to watch, if you're looking for a laugh and don't mind loud people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    I'm going to try that now.
    Swain, Singed... /Xzibit (puttin DoTs in yo DoTs...)

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

After trying it, I am forced to admit that it seems to not work as well as you'd think. Partly, at least, this is due to it dealing half damage on AOE effects, which Singed's poison definitely is. Probably be better on Malz.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2012-10-25 at 09:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    And a good way to do that is, to put in bluntly, stalk Djinn and Mario, and wait for them to make a game/ask for a fifth.

Ryomasa/Beetle can also be ones to watch, if you're looking for a laugh and don't mind loud people.
    Yes, this is what you want to do.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28