New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 84: Goblins and catgirls and dryads, oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Abandoned Camp- Cabin #1

This door leads to a bathroom. There's a shower, a toilet, a sink, a medicine cupboard, and a bathroom cabinet. There's also a shaving mirror attached to the wall; it's got an extending arm and the mirror flips and rotates, one mirror being slightly bent to magnify the reflection. By the sink is an old mug holding some mangy-looking toothbrushes and a soap dish but no soap.
    Abandoned Camp- Cabin #1

Ooh medicine cabinets. Lot's of good stuff in there. Drugs and cleany things always sell well. Maybe even some first aid stuff to keep. He'll check that. Afterwards he takes the that mirror. It'll be useful if he ever get's facial hair.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

2. - Top - End - #272
    Orc in the Playground

Abandoned Camp- Cabin #1

There's some headache tablets, a slightly ripped packet of allegedly sterile green linen bandages, a packet of sunflower seeds, and a book in very good condition called Spell Tome: Healing. I'm not sure why the packet of sunflower seeds is in there, but it is.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #273

Abandoned Camp- Cabin #1

A book. About a spell. A book. About a spell. A spell book.

Magic is real. He knows that, he's seen it, he can't deny it, but he doesn't understand it, and that pisses him off. If this book is the real deal, if it's a real thing, he could learn how magic works. This is huge. This is important as hell... so Pansy is going to have to wait awhile before he gets this book.

Wait a sec... What the hell is it doing in a camp from England? Is this some crazy ass version of earth with magic? Or is the GM he is completely unaware of rolling loot on tables? This is ridiculous! There is no magic on Earth! It's fictitious there! There is no way- oh hey! Sunflower seeds. Haven't had those in forever.

So one bottle of aspirin, one bag of sunflower seeds, one dubious book of magical healing and not one roll of green gauze.

My Characters

4. - Top - End - #274
    Orc in the Playground

Abandoned Camp- Cabin #1

I always try to mix and match my genres; this is the Nexus of Realities, so there's some internal bleeding. The cabinet said to the Nexus 'Healing', and the Nexus supplied the book from the province of Skyrim, on the continent of Tamriel, on the world of Mundus (I think).

So, the bathroom cabinet next, I think. One used typically for storing towels, flannels, extra bottles of shower gel, talcum powder, shampoo, and bubble bath. Because the medicine cabinet is above the sink, and this is next to the shower.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"Well, then, I'll arrange for a cabin for you," Quinn says with a nod and a smile. "We'll need to do regular checkups, of course, and I wouldn't head too far afield without some way of getting back quickly, just in case, alright?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #276

Abandoned Camp- Cabin #1

Justin is a science-y kind of guy. Consistency is key even in crazy world. He sees a Universe like his own he doesn't expect a magic book. If he knew what pokemon were he'd be raising an eyebrow about that premier ball. As it stands, he thinks it's a fancy grenade.

As for the bathroom cabinet, What does this mysterious box enclose! Consistent Contents, or Magical Materials?

My Characters

7. - Top - End - #277
    Orc in the Playground

Abandoned Camp- Cabin #1

There's several mouldy towels, a plastic bottle of lavender-scented something with a label that's fallen off, and four fist-sized snails. They don't actually get that large, but these are either mutants or magical specimens from an alternate dimension. Also, a plastic water pistol that still works.

8. - Top - End - #278

Abandoned Camp- Cabin #1

"Nope." Justin closes the door and walks out of the bathroom. "Nope. Nope. Nope." He then walks straight out of the cabin regardless of what else might be the cabin. "Nooooooope!" He knows how this goes. Those things are huge. They are probably mutants. That means that they're also probably violent as hell, poisonous, venomous, spit acid, eat flesh and about half a dozen other things he is not interested in.

Same as with the snapping turtles. You ever see a mutated Georgia snapping turtle? Probably not, because they're not actually IN Fallout, but I'd made them up a while back. I call them DeathJaws and they are horrible and Justin was almost eaten by one. He hates them. He will have nothing to do with mutant snails. He doesn't care how cool that water pistol was.

My Characters

9. - Top - End - #279
    Orc in the Playground

Abandoned Camp

They're actually harmless, if excessively cute. Also, I haven't seen a non-mutated Georgia snapping turtle. Closest I've actually seen is the next door neighbour's tortoise, which once broke through the dog-proof fence to play with our dog. He was fine, but they kept a better eye on him after that. Oh, and some red sliders that were at College in the animal management unit.

Will Justin turn to Cabin hashtag 2?

10. - Top - End - #280

Abandoned Camp

Sure The second undilapidated cabin it is. But now that he's been shaken up by the Demon Snails he enters much more cautiously.

My Characters

11. - Top - End - #281
    Orc in the Playground

Abandoned Camp- Cabin #2

This cabin is built to the same floor plan as the others- there's a small kitchen area with food cupboards, a living area with a large TV and two doors, one leading to the bedroom and the other to the bathroom.

More specifically, there's a hole in the floor near the television and whilst the taps aren't working there isn't a pond from where they have burst.

12. - Top - End - #282

Abandoned Camp #2

Just to make sure something doesn't sneak up on him while he's looking elsewhere, Justin Peers down the hole.

My Characters

13. - Top - End - #283
    Orc in the Playground

Abandoned Camp- Cabin #2

The cabin has been built on brick stilts, so there's a slight gap beneath it. The hole is to that space, and all that's down there at the moment is a collection of disarticulated bones, mainly human ones. There's also a very old plastic bag that seems to have something in it.

14. - Top - End - #284

Abandoned Cabin #2

Justin lifts up one of his many new rifles over his shoulder and prods at the bag once or twice, before trying to lift it up with the rifle. Oh, boy, this doesn't seem like a terrible idea does it?

My Characters

15. - Top - End - #285
    Orc in the Playground

Abandoned Camp- Cabin #2

Inside the bag are some empty tins; they look like something has chewed through the metal to get at whatever they contained. The bag itself isn't worth having; it's only just not falling apart.

16. - Top - End - #286

Justin is sincerely hoping that's a goat. Oh who is he kidding? It's probably a mole rat. And here he is, unable to run with all of his gear. He slings his rifle back over his shoulder and pulls out his blaster.

First he'll check the kitchen. Cabinets and drawers. The whole kit and kaboodle.

My Characters

17. - Top - End - #287
    Orc in the Playground

Abandoned Camp- Cabin #2

It's not a goat, nor a mole rat. We don't have those over here. It was something else.

In the cupboards are a bottle of very old probably flat lemonade, a tin of tomatoes, a packet of noodles with a sachet of chicken flavouring and a gloopy gelatinous mass of snail eggs. If Justin looks closely, he can even see the snails developing inside the eggs.

18. - Top - End - #288

Abandoned camp #2

"Nope." Oh don't tell me he's going to start this again. Justin closes the cupboard door and leaves everything in there. He then goes to the bedroom. Hopefully he can pick something up without being disgusted or frightened off.

My Characters

19. - Top - End - #289
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    [Alyca and Miriah's Cabin - Tracking Devices: A Girl's Best Friend]

It's too bad Alyca doesn't have a Pipboy. Then she could easily track Justin's Pipboy.

"A planet called Earth and a country called America, so I'm an Earthling and an American. To get more specific, a place called Vault 47, so I'm also a Vault Dweller. That's what people called me the most back home. When I first got to the Nexus I though it was a bit weird how where you came from had no bearing on anything at all." Once he realized he wasn't in Kansas Georgia anymore, he fell into this really accepting groove. Unless it's as outlandish as hell or tries to eat him, he's not really surprised by what he sees.
    [Alyca and Miriah's Cabin - Kleptomania: Justin's Best Friend]

Justin nicked the bathroom mirror? Seriously? >.< He's like a post-apocalyptic magpie that swipes everything, shiny or not.

Yeah, tracking Justin's Pipboy with her own Pipboy would be so much easier on Alyca than feeding him a tracking device! Or giving him a friendship ring with monitoring tools built!

On a completely unrelated note, enjoy that popcorn, Justin!

I'm kidding! There's no tracking device in this bowl of popcorn. But if Alyca ever bakes Justin a batch of cookies...

"You had to live in a bank?!"

Alyca questions in disbelief! That's a depressing thought for Alyca to think of! He lived in a vault. In a bank. Like he was dosh, not a person. That's... That's remarkably similar to how she grew up!

"You poor thing! You don't have to live in a bank anymore! You can live here with us!"

No he can't, Alyca! You and your sister are super secret spies and a guy from the Fallout universe bunking in the same space as you two are would throw off your groove and Miriah's groove! And then Miriah would throw Justin out of a window and you would be sad!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-11-01 at 10:37 PM.

20. - Top - End - #290

Alyca and Miriah's Cabin - Super Secret Boyfriend Ejection Procedures

I've half decided Magpies would be his spirit animal. Either that or Meowths.

Justin continues to eat popcorn. With how buttery and delicious it is, he probably wouldn't even taste a tracking device. "A bank? No, a Vault is a term for a brand of fallout shelter. I grew up in a bomb shelter not a bank. But growing up in a bank..."

He could steal all of the money.

All of it.

Actually he probably wouldn't even care about the cash. He'd steal from the safe deposit boxes. That's where the good stuff is.

But wait, live here? With a girl who likes him? Can't do it. Simple as that. He'd eventually let something unflattering about himself slip or he'll steal something by accident, it's too much. "Thanks for the offer, but I do have a place to live."

My Characters

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Infirmary]

"Well, then, I'll arrange for a cabin for you," Quinn says with a nod and a smile. "We'll need to do regular checkups, of course, and I wouldn't head too far afield without some way of getting back quickly, just in case, alright?"
    [Infirmary]

Kitty nods. "Yeah, I can do that." She'll worry about the problems that might come with it as they come up. For the moment she's just glad that she has a clear goal for moving forward.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Pixie in the Playground

[Alyca and Miriah's Cabin - Ex-Boyfriend Torture Methods 101]

Random warning! If Justin breaks Alyca's heart, Miriah may or may not try to break his spine. With a sledgehammer. Or set him on fire with combustible lemons.

And steal something...by...accident? How does that work? Is Justin secretly a hero from Oblivion that picks junk up like cups and wooden bowls and people vie to stab him for it 'cause they assume he's trying to pinch the item? Or does he have point-and-click adventurer syndrome where he has to stick everything he can interact with that isn't sapient (and some things that are) into his inventory...

Hold on! Has Justin met up with Reinholdt yet? I bet they'd be great friends, stealing everything that isn't nailed to the floor from everyone together!

"Stop right there, criminal scum! To protect the world from devastation! Oh. Okay!"

"So... You matured in a bomb shelter? Better than a cage, I guess, but only marginally. The great outdoors are a welcome change of environment for you, huh?"
    ]

Hey, kids, it's personal query time!

"You didn't, like, mutate and have an extra arm sprout out of your torso...did you?"

Because that'd be scary! Chars who take the rad regeneration perk are scary. ._.

23. - Top - End - #293

Alyca and Miriah's Cabin

Say you're just sitting in a kitchen minding your own business. You stand up to go get some applejuice, suddenly all the change on the counter is gone and your pockets are really jingly. You didn't mean to take all that change, you don't even know when you took it, you were over at the fridge, but it's too late to do anything about it now.

No you couldn't just put it back. Are you crazy! It's your change now, no one else's! What if you need it, huh? Whoever's counter that is clearly didn't, they just let it sit there. If you need change you'll feel like an idiot if you don't!

So yeah, the second one.

Justin doesn't say anything about his life being "only marginally" better than theirs. He's never had the audacity to compare himself to a slave but life in a den of thieves was not super fun. The Great Outdoors thing he finds almost ironic.

"No, they don't make jumpsuits with three arms," he jokes. Well, here they probably do. Back in Atlanta, not so much, "I made a point to avoid radiation as much as possible. Except maybe Nuka-Cola." He had to have his fix.

My Characters

24. - Top - End - #294
    Pixie in the Playground

[Alyca and Miriah's Cabin - Justin the Change-ling! Born In a Vault, Not a Mint!]

That change might really come in handy if you're fighting against ghost pirates! Yarr!

"That's good that you aren't irradiated and don't bathe in gamma rays, but..."

"This is going to sound silly, but what's Nuka-Cola? I've tasted regular cola, Perk-a-Cola, and Crit-A-Cola, but I've never even heard of Nuka-Cola."

Clearly Alyca has been hanging out with a posse of shut-ins if she's never even heard of the radioactive wonders Nuka-Cola has to offer!

25. - Top - End - #295

Alyca and Miriah's Cabin - Catching Some Gamma Ray

Is that pirates thing a Monkey Island reference?

"Nuka Cola, it's just a soda where I'm from. It's got a little bit of active isotope in it, but it's mostly harmless, the caffeine is way worse," Justin explains.

"So aside from businessy things, what have you two been doing with your time? Has living at GLoG been nice?"

My Characters

26. - Top - End - #296
    Orc in the Playground

Abandoned Camp- Cabin #2

They are all in different cupboards. He could just ignore the snail eggs and take the rest. Or not; it's up to him.

This room has two single beds in it, rather than one double bed. There's also a closet, and a suitcase is pushed rather deep underneath a bed, so it's hard to spot.

27. - Top - End - #297

Abandoned Camp Cabin #2

If they are, he can take them. Nopes certainly still happen.

Assuming he's searching the room thoroughly, Justin finds the case. And sets it on the bed. If it's not locked he opens it. If it is he searches the closet first.

My Characters

28. - Top - End - #298
    Orc in the Playground

Abandoned Camp- Cabin #2

It is locked, but it won't hinder Justin; there's one zip with the padlock on it, and the padlock goes through the zip's pully bit and nothing else. If anything, it's easier to open as the padlock offers a larger lever to pull on. Inside the suitcase is some slightly worse for ware clothing, mainly t-shirts, joggers, and underwear, and also a guide on camping, containing information on building campfires, constructing temporary shelters and advice on how to avoid getting lost.

29. - Top - End - #299

Abandoned Camp- Cabin #2

Well, so long as they're clean. He can take all of this stuff even if it wont fit him. He also checks the suit case for any possible secret purposes.

After that it's the closet.

My Characters

30. - Top - End - #300
    Orc in the Playground

Abandoned Camp- Cabin #2

Most of the clothing is for somebody taller and broader than Justin is. Unless Justin isn't the slightly shorter than average skinny person I'd imagine as being a post-apocalyptic survivor in a nuclear wasteland.

The suitcase is a suitcase; no secret purposes at all. Inside the closet, there's a collection of coat hangers, mostly plastic, and a box of bottles containing alcoholic beverages, mostly beer and perry. It's probably a bit stronger than it was when it went in, due to being left alone for a long time. Since Justin left the gin in the other cabin, I don't think it's going to interest him. But I could be wrong.