New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 84: Goblins and catgirls and dryads, oh my!

Abandoned Camp - Cabin #2

He is indeed short and skinny. I actually forgot about the gin but this makes up for it. If the bottles are in a box, he can come back for them.

He'll check under the other bed, then it's bathroom.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

[Grounds]

Brinika is wandering around, wearing a big straw hat adorned with leaves. He wants to show it off to her friends!
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Orc in the Playground

Abandoned Camp- Cabin #2

There's nothing under the other bed except an empty giant snail shell. Yes, I'm torturing him deliberately.

The bathroom door is locked. And worse, it's rusted shut, and the hinges are stiff as they've rusted shut too. However, it's a heavily rotten wooden door. It can't be picked, but it can be knocked down quite easily. Or Justin could try a grenade, shooting it to smithereens, hacking it to pieces or simply smash/hack through the slightly thicker decaying wall next to it.

Grounds

A small bird lands nearby before it gets larger, loses the feathers, gains long black hair, a green pair of joggers and a blue t-shirt and slowly turns into Natalie. "Hello, Brinika! Nice hat."
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2012-11-03 at 06:32 PM.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

[Grounds]

"Hi Natalie! And thanks!" Brinika twirls around to show it off. It's a big straw hat with lots of orange, red and yellow leaves pinned to it, which makes it seem even bigger. "I saw all the leaves lying around and decided to do something with them.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Orc in the Playground

Grounds

"That's a good idea. It's very pretty. I've made two nests out of them, but I'm not very good." It's the wrong time of year to make nests, anyway.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Dwarf in the Playground

Infirmary

"Even a small room would do for me, and I would appreciate it if you could arrange it."

As for why Copi is helping her... maybe that's a question that's worth asking aloud, since pondering isn't giving any immediate answer.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-11-03 at 06:53 PM.

7. - Top - End - #307

Abandoned Cabin Cabin #2

Justin immediately jumps on the opposite bed, looking just about done with this place forever. "GNNNNOPE! Damn flipping disgusting slugs!"

Enough of that tomfoolery. Using the butt of one of the rifles he starts beating on the door near the hinges.

My Characters

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

[Grounds]

"Nests? Nests for what?" Brinika asks with some confusion.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Orc in the Playground

Abandoned Camp- Cabin#2

The door splinters easily and falls in. Inside, it's very similar to the other cabin's bathroom- a shower, a toilet, a sink, a medicine cabinet, and a bathroom cupboard. This bathroom has a mirror on the door of the medicine cabinet, so doesn't have a shaving mirror.

Sat on the toilet is the skeleton of a man. A large man, wearing ragged strips of cloth, but he looks about right to be the previous owner of the clothes Justin claimed from the suitcase. On his wrist is a digital watch, though it isn't working- batteries last quite a while, but he's been dead longer. There's a message on the wall, written with a pen still in the skeleton's hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Words
    If anybody is reading this, humanity isn't extinct. Hooray! Have a beer on me. Unless we are and you're a mutant animal, surviving robot or alien archaeologist. That cloud over London made me quite worried. I'm too close not to be dying of radiation poisoning, so I'm writing this whilst I can. My name is, or probably was by the time this is read, Brian Alfland.
    Grounds

"Birds make nests to lay their eggs in, but it's the wrong time of year and most birds have migrated. I don't really want to lay eggs, but I was bored and decided to give it a go." Natalie smiles, realising just how strange an activity it is. It seemed so logical when she was a bird.

10. - Top - End - #310

Abandoned camp Cabin #2

Justin is almost sorry he doesn't drink. He'll let the corpse, which probably either smells absolutely horrible or has been out here SO long the stink has just faded away, be.

He opens the medicine cabinet first.

My Characters

11. - Top - End - #311
    Orc in the Playground

Abandoned Camp- Cabin #2

Given it's been a good few decades, or probably a century or so, since he died, he doesn't smell any more. It takes about four (I think; might be wrong) years for somebody to skeletonise underground, and it takes less time above ground where scavengers can get at it easier.

Inside the medicine cabinet is a tube of anti-fungal medication, a still-wrapped white package of actually sterilised white linen bandages, and a manual razor.

12. - Top - End - #312

Abandoned Camp #2

Anti-fungal creme is usable and those bandages are perfect! And manual razor? Like a straight razor or one you'd buy as a pack of fifty at a pharmacy?

Okay, now that cabinet. (Noslugsnoslugsnoslugsnoslugs)

My Characters

13. - Top - End - #313
    Orc in the Playground

Abandoned Camp- Cabin#2

Well, it's a reusable one, but shape-wise it's of the latter type. The blade can be switched out for a new one so it's not all discarded when it's too blunt to work.

There is a slug, and it's really a slug, but it's no larger than it should be. It's not as cute as the snails; it's something to do with the shell, I think.

There's also several rotting towels, complete with fruiting mushrooms that the slug has been eating. There's also an unopened bottle of talcum powder.

14. - Top - End - #314

Abandoned Camp - Cabin #2

SLAM! goes the cabinet door.

He's not dealing with that. That didn't just happen. He didn't just see that.
    "Bye Brian!" he says as he leaves the bathroom. He goes back into the bedroom and nabs the box full of alcohol and walks the hell out of the cabin door. (All assuming he goes uninterrupted.

My Characters

15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Quinn nods with a smile, and hurries off to make arrangements! Leaving Kitty and Copi alone for the moment.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Kitty looks at Copi curiously for a moment after Quinn has left. "So why are you helping me so much anyway? I don't mind, trust me, but it's a bit weird."

17. - Top - End - #317
    Orc in the Playground

Abandoned Camp- Cabin #2

Nothing stops him from leaving the bathroom, entering the the bedroom and picking up the bottles of alcohol. However, whilst he's in the bedroom, somebody else has entered the cabin. They're a very dirty man, probably in his early twenties, with long black hair, a scraggly beard, and piercing green eyes. He's wearing a dirty green jumpsuit reinforced with scraps of leather, short lengths of chain, metal plating and plastic. On his head is a saucepan without the handle with bands of metal crudely welded to it to make a helmet. He's carrying a two-metre length of pipe topped with a knife blade, and he's seems rather cautious.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Grounds

"Birds make nests to lay their eggs in, but it's the wrong time of year and most birds have migrated. I don't really want to lay eggs, but I was bored and decided to give it a go." Natalie smiles, realising just how strange an activity it is. It seemed so logical when she was a bird.
    Brinika's ears twitch. "So you tried to make a nest to sit in when you're turned into a bird?"

19. - Top - End - #319
    Orc in the Playground

Grounds

"Yes, but it didn't work. They keep falling apart when the wind blows." That's annoying because Natalie was sheltering from the wind in them.

20. - Top - End - #320

Abandoned Camp- Cabin #2

Nothing stops him from leaving the bathroom, entering the the bedroom and picking up the bottles of alcohol. However, whilst he's in the bedroom, somebody else has entered the cabin. They're a very dirty man, probably in his early twenties, with long black hair, a scraggly beard, and piercing green eyes. He's wearing a dirty green jumpsuit reinforced with scraps of leather, short lengths of chain, metal plating and plastic. On his head is a saucepan without the handle with bands of metal crudely welded to it to make a helmet. He's carrying a two-metre length of pipe topped with a knife blade, and he's seems rather cautious.
    Abandoned Camp- Cabin #2

Would you look at this sad sack. Shame all this loot is Justin and he has no intention of sharing. Okay, maybe the alcohol, but everything else is his. He's to encumbered to climb through a window... Freaking shame. Justin will hide in the room, by the door, gun drawn, and hope he checks the bathroom first. He'll hoof it if he does. Justin can threaten him with his gun if he doesn't.

My Characters

21. - Top - End - #321
    Orc in the Playground

Abandoned Camp- Cabin #2

First, he goes through the cupboards, groaning at the lack of food. Until he finds the snail eggs, which he'll scoop into a jar taken from the large bag I forgot he had on his back. A few spoonfuls go straight into his mouth, causing him to groan in ecstasy. Apparently, they taste good. Then he'll head towards the hole in the floor, spear ready. There's nothing down there except human bones, since Justin fished out the plastic bag. He'll grab the bag and head towards the bathroom, looking around there.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

Grounds

"Yes, but it didn't work. They keep falling apart when the wind blows." That's annoying because Natalie was sheltering from the wind in them.
    "Well, you're not a bird. You just turn into one sometimes. So I guess you don't know how to build nests. I had no idea leaves can protect from anything, though. They're light and fragile." This is weird for someone who grew up surrounded by tons of rock.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Orc in the Playground

Grounds

"Most nests are made of twigs with moss and feathers to make it softer. I thought leaves would be easier because they can be ripped and woven, but unfortunately it seems that doesn't quite work. Also because I was lazy and didn't want to try and find some twigs of the right size to be woven into a nest." Natalie is aware of where she went wrong. But that doesn't mean her next nest will be much better.

24. - Top - End - #324

[Abandoned Camp- Cabin #2]

To each their disgusting, disgusting own. Radroach eating weirdoes can eay whatever they want.

When the stranger enters the bathroom, Justin tries to sneak out the room, but even as good as he is, he's still overencumbered clanky mess with a box of booze in his arm. He's gives up after a second and starts hoofing it jostling and clanking all the way out the door.

My Characters

25. - Top - End - #325
    Orc in the Playground

Abandoned Camp- Cabin #2

"Hey, come back! There's creepers out there, too many to kill! Unless... You got a flamethrower, buddy?" Creepers don't sound too pleasant.

26. - Top - End - #326

[Abandoned Camp- Cabin #2]

"Crap," he had been spotted. Stupid loot. He's selling so much of this crap when he gets back to Inside. "Well at least your not a crazy person. At least your relatively coherent one. Just keep some distance and tell me, what's a creeper and why would I need a flame thrower?"

My Characters

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

Grounds

"Most nests are made of twigs with moss and feathers to make it softer. I thought leaves would be easier because they can be ripped and woven, but unfortunately it seems that doesn't quite work. Also because I was lazy and didn't want to try and find some twigs of the right size to be woven into a nest." Natalie is aware of where she went wrong. But that doesn't mean her next nest will be much better.
    "Oooh." Brinika nods. That makes sense. "I don't know much about birds. They only get underground by accident. I see them here, but they fly really fast."

28. - Top - End - #328
    Orc in the Playground

Abandoned Camp- Cabin #2

"Because plants hate fire, and that's what creepers are. Or maybe were, two hundred odd years ago. Moving, carnivorous plants. No sense of hearing or sight; they hunt by scent. Surprised you don't know; they're all over the Garden Wasteland. Hey, you got guns! I got some caps, if you'd be willing to sell. Guns're hard to get; you find an old bunker?" Britain has laws against gun ownership, so it's very hard to find them in post-apocalyptic South East England.

29. - Top - End - #329

Abandoned Camp

Wow, it's been a while since he heard that. He doesn't need caps anymore, but this guy won't have any other good money would he.

"I'm not from around here. There's a bunker down in the collapsed cabin, but I kind of picked it clean. No food though, they ate everything and starved. Unless you're interested in dead soldiers, it's kind of pointless. As for trade, caps are nice, but goods are better, if you have 'em, chems and meds preferably."

My Characters

30. - Top - End - #330
    Orc in the Playground

Abandoned Camp

"Then where are you from? I used to call Vault D home, but then the reactors failed. Again. This time, we thought it'd be better to find somewhere that might have a more reliable source of power and less chance of death by radiation poisoning. Rest joined various groups, I kept walking. Hear a load of rad-lepers moved in after we left, but I'm not going back, except to trade." The man has opened up his bag and has emptied it, sorting out various jars and bottles. Most of his gear seems to be at least slightly bodged together, and there's several plastic bags, a small bottle of headlice remover, a bug spray, a bottle of rat poison, a jar of laxatives, a jar of mushrooms, and a can of deodorant. Also, several jars of snail eggs, a box with four of the snails in, two shotgun shells, a bag of bottle caps (mostly beer bottles), a small bottle filled with petrol, a bag of old batteries, and a coil of rope made from human hair. Plus, there's several more spears, knives, and a cricket bat with several spikes driven through it.