New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 84: Goblins and catgirls and dryads, oh my!

[Abandoned Camp]

"America," Justin answers pulling the rifles off of his back and the submachine gun he scavenged along with lots of ammo. "Vault 47, Altlanta, Georgia. I'll trade the poison, the laxatives, and the bug spray, for a rifle and thiiis much ammo." He pushes a handful of the appropriate ammo forward on the ground.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

2. - Top - End - #332
    Orc in the Playground

Abandoned Camp- Cabin #2

"Deal. Did they complete the Vaults in America? Over here, the Vaults were commissioned by the government when war was inevitable. Vault A wasn't watertight and got flooded by the Thames after a nuke changed its course, Vault B wasn't properly braced and collapsed after a few months, and Vault Z wasn't fitted with a door before the bombs fell. Vault D got several old, unreliable nuclear power generators and only two beds. And that's only the ones I know about." They were all rushed, and incredibly poor work. But they helped save lives, and none had a deliberate social experiment put in place. Of course, only two beds meant one happened in D anyway, but still.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #333

Abandoned Camp

"Lots of them were. Most of them pretty gruesome ends, mostly because of experiments." He hands off the rifle and the ammo before taking his choices. That's one less rifle off of his back. "Pleasure doing business, but if you're interested in leaving behind the hunger and the wandering and the creepers, I know a place you can live."

My Characters

4. - Top - End - #334
    Orc in the Playground

Abandoned Camp- Cabin #2

"It's tempting, but I haven't been able to stay in one place since we left the Vault. Besides, nowhere's safe from creepers- they hide in the fields and attack the farmers, in the trees and attack the hunters, and near the rivers and attack the thirsty. Besides, if you know what to look for and where to find it, there's plenty of food. Creepers are often infested with large snails, and they're lovely raw or fried." And so the food chain continues.

5. - Top - End - #335

[Abandoned Camp]

"Disgusting. No, I mean it's literally out of the wasteland, Creeper free," Justin tries to explain. "Technically you're already out of it. You might be able to go back if you turn back straight away, but you're probably stuck in the Nexus now." Way not to sound like a crazy person, Justin. "Real food and water. Real GOOD food and water. Weird people, but they're all good, at least at the camp."

My Characters

6. - Top - End - #336
    Orc in the Playground

Abandoned Camp

"It looks awfully like the Garden Wasteland out there. Trees, vegetation, giant snails.... Besides, I don't remember crossing the Channel." He's assuming 'Nexus' is what the Europeans call their wasteland(s), as it's the 'nexus' of the wars.

7. - Top - End - #337

Abandoned Camp

"I don't recall crossing the Atlantic and here I am talking to a Brit. You're not in Kansas anymore, pal... Wait, that saying probably doesn't mean anything in England. Well it stands. Just thought I'd extend the offer anyway. If you don't end up back where you came from, lucky or unlucky you, you'll either run into GLoG or the City of Inside, or flippin' Trog's Tavern on accident anyway."

My Characters

8. - Top - End - #338
    Orc in the Playground

Abandoned Camp- Cabin #2

"Where's Kansas?" Of course, given the two hundred odd years of post-apocalypse it's possible that Justin doesn't know the answer either.

9. - Top - End - #339

Abandoned Camp

"It's a state in America. It's a saying that's a reference to a movie. It means you're in a place very different to your own." Justin begins to put back his bullets and re-sling his rifles. "I'm going to go back home, so this is probably good bye. If you see anything you don't recognize, don't shoot it. Wait and see if it looks like a wolf man or a goblin or a squid man. Yeah I know it sounds crazy, but I have friends that look like that. If you hurt one of them, even by accident, we'd have a problem."

My Characters

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

Lakeside

Reinholdt undeadtimes, as a kitty on his sunning rock, though lacking his rifle.

Just sitting and thinking, like usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Orc in the Playground

Abandoned Camp

"Don't worry; the gun's for emergencies only. I've never fired one before, and I don't have many bullets. More bullets than probably everybody in the last two settlements I passed through combined, but still not many bullets. Wait; I'll go with you. You don't know what a creeper looks like, do you?" The man will follow after Justin, loading his new rifle and slinging it over his shoulder and grabbing his spear and knives. Everything else has gone into his bag. The knife he chooses is a large, machete-type job designed for hacking through vegetation.

12. - Top - End - #342

Abandoned Camp

"Sure, if creepers are around, it'll be safer to have someone without full hands. This way." Justin leads the way back to GLoG. "Funny, all that and you're still following me back."

My Characters

13. - Top - End - #343
    Orc in the Playground

Abandoned Camp

"Oh, I'm not following you. I'll just point out a creeper so you know what to look for and maybe demonstrate how to kill one, but then we'll go our own ways. No offence, but I don't know you and I don't want to be led into an ambush or cannibal camp." The tree that was growing through the car has now been joined by eight thick, thorny vines each branching out from a central body making them look somewhat like plant-starfish. In the middle of its central body is a cluster of large purple flowers. The man hasn't noticed it yet, as he's looking the other way.

14. - Top - End - #344

Abandoned Camp

Justin indeed notices, because when someone around you spends so much time talking about evil monster plants, suspicious plants tend to stick out. "No offense taken, I thought you were a slaver before I noticed how kind of, pathetically armed, you were." You can't really enslave people with just a knife. "So what do Creeper's look like?" he lightly points over his fellow scavenger's shoulder.

My Characters

15. - Top - End - #345
    Orc in the Playground

Abandoned Camp

"Welcome to Britain, where we actually had gun laws before the war. Seriously curtailed the supply of most advanced weaponry like your rifles. Besides, most slavers use clubs, nets and tranquillisers. Stuff that don't kill and don't make noise. Heck, nobody uses guns except as a last resort- too noisy. Could be anything hiding in these trees; feral rad-lepers, creepers, rats, radders, deathclaws, mutts, slavers, bandits, mercenaries, cannibals, etc, etc. We're a bit far from the mountains for slavers, though." The man looks at the car and sees the new vines. "Yep, that's a creeper. Quite a small one; we're lucky. Stay here, watch what I do." He takes a step forward and throws the spear, taking the purple flower off the mutant plant. As it starts to writhe and whips the air with its thorny vines, he steps forward, slashing those vines that get too close. He's not trying to sever them, though he does amputate some. It seems the plant now knows where he is as it starts flailing its remaining vines in his direction, but he ignores them. When he's close enough, he brings his machete down and slices its body in two, causing it to stop moving. "It's safe now; you can get closer. If it hasn't seen you, aim for the flower- that stops it from smelling. Ignore the vines unless if possible; that only lets it know where you are. Cutting it in two like this kills it dead."

16. - Top - End - #346
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Infirmary]

Kitty looks at Copi curiously for a moment after Quinn has left. "So why are you helping me so much anyway? I don't mind, trust me, but it's a bit weird."

"For a lack of a better reason, truthfully, because there's no reason not to. What differs you from everyone else is random chance; you made yourself notable in the marketplace, and I decided to be curious. I stuck my nose in your business, and from there decided to help you."

Random chance, curiosity, and the lack of a reason not to.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Orc in the Playground

Grounds

"Well, if you want to see one close up, let me know and I'll turn into one and let you have a look." Natalie smiles. She's being totally honest, as she retains her human intelligence whilst a bird so won't be scared by Brinika.

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Infirmary]

"I don't think I have any priests. I'm sorry to hear that it is most likely that the others are gone. You can call me Yuki by the way."
    "No priests, Yo-Yuki? Then who summoned you? Are you not a Angel, the spiritual leaders of the City Elf state and teachers of all religious matter? And if so, how are you here? Angels are from Elsewhere, like Demons and Devils, and need somebody to bring them into this world, as I understand it." Angels are not entirely good whilst Demons and Devils are not entirely evil. In fact, Angels just convinced the City Elves that they were good and Demons and Devils are evil as a form of inter-dimensional propaganda.

18. - Top - End - #348

Abandoned Camp

"You said fire works, so a laser or plasma would probably work too," Justin analyzes. "Doesn't seem terribly hard. I can buy those things being a pain though, especially in numbers. If that's all, then maybe I'll see you around."

My Characters

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Grounds

"Well, if you want to see one close up, let me know and I'll turn into one and let you have a look." Natalie smiles. She's being totally honest, as she retains her human intelligence whilst a bird so won't be scared by Brinika.
    Brinika's ears twitch some more.
    "You can only turn into one kind of bird though, right?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Orc in the Playground

Abandoned Camp

"British army chose to be slightly old-fashioned and kept projectile weaponry as ubiquitous. Any laser or plasma weapons out here's either a large piece mounted onto a defence turret wired into a renewable energy source or on an old vehicle. Hand-held stuff was deemed too fragile and delicate for operational use." That would explain why everything in the bunker was projectile weaponry. "Yeah, maybe. Good luck out there, and keep an eye out."

Grounds

"At the moment, yes. But if I ever get turned into another type of bird, I'll be sure to let you know. I can't choose a form for myself, it has to be chosen for me via somebody else's polymorph magic." And then Natalie can stick to that form or take another as she wants.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2012-11-05 at 06:29 PM.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"No priests, Yo-Yuki? Then who summoned you? Are you not a Angel, the spiritual leaders of the City Elf state and teachers of all religious matter? And if so, how are you here? Angels are from Elsewhere, like Demons and Devils, and need somebody to bring them into this world, as I understand it." Angels are not entirely good whilst Demons and Devils are not entirely evil. In fact, Angels just convinced the City Elves that they were good and Demons and Devils are evil as a form of inter-dimensional propaganda.
    "I don't know how I got here. I don't remember anything before a few days ago. I don't know who or what I am really. I saw elves in the city but didn't really talk to any. Sorry."

She frowns a bit hoping he isn't too disappointed that she isn't really an angel.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

22. - Top - End - #352
    Orc in the Playground

Infirmary

"What type of elves were they? What colour was their skins?" The elven subraces of where this elf is from are primarily distinguished by their skins. Wood Elves are brown skinned, Wild Elves are green skinned, Sea Elves are blue skinned and City Elves have pale pink skins.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

Grounds

"At the moment, yes. But if I ever get turned into another type of bird, I'll be sure to let you know. I can't choose a form for myself, it has to be chosen for me via somebody else's polymorph magic." And then Natalie can stick to that form or take another as she wants.
    Brinika frowns. "So... when someone turns you into something, you can turn into it later? Does this make sense?" She's honestly not sure.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post

"For a lack of a better reason, truthfully, because there's no reason not to. What differs you from everyone else is random chance; you made yourself notable in the marketplace, and I decided to be curious. I stuck my nose in your business, and from there decided to help you."

Random chance, curiosity, and the lack of a reason not to.
    [Infirmary]

"Well, thanks then. It means a lot." Kitty drums her fingers over her stomach and heaves a sigh. "I hope this is going to be okay." She pulls up her shirt a bit to look at her bare stomach. Just by looking, she'd think everything was normal.

25. - Top - End - #355

Abandoned Camp

"See you, dude, or maybe not." Not if he goes back to Britain. Interesting guy. Justin heads back onto GLoG, assuming he isn't ambushed by killer plants on the way back.

My Characters

26. - Top - End - #356
    Orc in the Playground

Grounds

"Yes, basically. Shapeshifting, at least where I'm from, is divided into two separate abilities, and it's possible to only have one of the two, like I do. One ability is to absorb shapes, enabling a true shapeshifter to take on that form. The other ability is to actually change shape, like I do. Because I lack the first ability, I'm a latent shapeshifter. Some people have the first ability but lack the second, but it's hard to determine who has it and who doesn't because they can't do anything with it without the other part of the ability." Natalie smiles.

Also, I've put her birthday in my signature to prevent myself forgetting and to alert others when it is because otherwise I'll forget like I nearly did last year.

Abandoned Camp- Back to GLoG

And off they part, neither knowing the name of the other. No killer plants lie in wait on the way back to GLoG, fortunately for Justin.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2012-11-05 at 06:56 PM.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Dwarf in the Playground

Infirmary

"What type of elves were they? What colour was their skins?" The elven subraces of where this elf is from are primarily distinguished by their skins. Wood Elves are brown skinned, Wild Elves are green skinned, Sea Elves are blue skinned and City Elves have pale pink skins.
    Yuki thinks back to her time in the city. "Most of them were tan, but I did see a few who were much darker, black even. I didn't ask them what type they were."

Yuki saw a lot of people in the city but didn't get a chance to interact with many of them.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

28. - Top - End - #358
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Infirmary]

"Well, thanks then. It means a lot." Kitty drums her fingers over her stomach and heaves a sigh. "I hope this is going to be okay." She pulls up her shirt a bit to look at her bare stomach. Just by looking, she'd think everything was normal.
    "Well... we'll see what happens. With some luck, nothing will go wrong... but only time will tell."

29. - Top - End - #359
    Orc in the Playground

Infirmary

"Black? Really? I don't know of any black-skinned elves. They aren't City Elves, that's for certain, and Wild Elves only enter a city if they can burn it to the ground and slaughter the inhabitants. Sea Elves... Maybe, or Wood Elves. Is it a brownish black, or a bluish black?" Not quite true. Wild Elves would rather slaughter the inhabitants, and leave the city to be reclaimed by nature. Fire's dangerous, and Wild Elves live exclusively in forests.

30. - Top - End - #360

GLoG Campgrounds
    There's a bit of poetry in meeting someone and never knowing their name.

Justin returns to GLoG from his little scavving adventure shambles into the GLoG grounds. He has several rifles strapped over his back, his usual duffle bag is stuffed full, there is a laptop bag over his shoulder, and in his arms is a box with several bottles of booze in it.

He shambling towards the Main Cabin, but he's free to talk to just about anybody.

My Characters