New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 84: Goblins and catgirls and dryads, oh my!

Alyca and Miriah's Cabin - Trust No One... Except the boy you like.

"Yeah. Getting to know more people is part of why I came here today. I plan to spend a lot of time here. Especially since this is kind of where my all my friends live." Prior to meeting all the ex-slaves his friends included the Applehills, Waterstrider, and Julie. He was in serious need of more. "It feels really silly asking you this, since you two are so well off, but is there anything I can get you? Books or dice, or something you like to collect?" Justin asks awkwardly. Books and Dice were some things the other refugees wanted, he's just sort of throwing it out there.

So how about it? What can the little scavenger get for the girls who have everything?
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2012-11-10 at 10:57 PM.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

2. - Top - End - #452
    Pixie in the Playground

[Alyca and Miriah's Cabin - Even Less Than Puissant Agents Provocateurs Are Paranoid!]

Everyone and everything is suspect in their line of work no matter how diligent or lax they are with their duties! Everyone could be out to get them! Everyone! Lapsing into comfort among anyone who isn't one of them (and some who are) will get them killed!

"We collect exotic weaponry and ammunition. If you ever run across any pistols or rifles or grenades or missiles or Metal Gears in your adventures, please deliver them to us. You will be well-compensated for your efforts."

"We collect cutlery. We dream of shiny forks in our sleep!"

"How felicitous it is that you posed that query at this time. My sister and I are avid collectors of vinyl records but we have been quite vexed as of late. We are unable to locate an outlet that carries records that we can visit regularly, you see. The one we had previously shopped at burned down. If you would gather vinyl records for us, we'd reimburse you for your time and the monetary expenses of the act of procurement!"

Alyca is positively bouncing up and down in place, so excited is she by Justin's offer. It'll give her an excuse to dance with Justin every now and again! Now she just needs to requisition a record player and her devious scheme will be set in motion! Mwahahahahaha!

3. - Top - End - #453

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Alyca and Miriah's Cabin - Even Less Than Puissant Agents Provocateurs Are Paranoid!]

Everyone and everything is suspect in their line of work no matter how diligent or lax they are with their duties! Everyone could be out to get them! Everyone! Lapsing into comfort among anyone who isn't one of them (and some who are) will get them killed!

"We collect exotic weaponry and ammunition. If you ever run across any pistols or rifles or grenades or missiles or Metal Gears in your adventures, please deliver them to us. You will be well-compensated for your efforts."

"We collect cutlery. We dream of shiny forks in our sleep!"

"How felicitous it is that you posed that query at this time. My sister and I are avid collectors of vinyl records but we have been quite vexed as of late. We are unable to locate an outlet that carries records that we can visit regularly, you see. The one we had previously shopped at burned down. If you would gather vinyl records for us, we'd reimburse you for your time and the monetary expenses of the act of procurement!"

Alyca is positively bouncing up and down in place, so excited is she by Justin's offer. It'll give her an excuse to dance with Justin every now and again! Now she just needs to requisition a record player and her devious scheme will be set in motion! Mwahahahahaha!
    Alyca and Miriah's Cabin - Some Pun About Collections or Records Idunno

"Sure! I'm completely unsuspicious of why two perfectly ordinary girls would collect dangerous weapons."

"What!? I'll never seperate from my fork collection! We'll never have a blissful marriage and grow old together! Never ever!"

"Ooookay. Sure I can get vinyl records." Justin doesn't understand why she's using fancy language, though. "Any particular type of music you like?"

My Characters

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post

Main Cabin

"Yes, let's." Natalie will follow suit, sort of; her first construction is a chair made of sticks with a seat made from a leaf she picked up.
    Brinika eventually makes a figure from an acorn, five twigs, a chestnut and two pieces of leaves. The acorn forms the torso, the twigs form the limbs, the chestnut forms the head and the leaf scraps form goblin-like ears.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Pixie in the Playground

[Alyca and Miriah's Cabin - Fancy!]

Fancy == Sophisticated, right? And Alyca wants to impress Justin by acting sophisticated so that they'll get married and have two and a half kids and live in a quiet neighborhood in a two-story house with five bedrooms and three baths that has a white picket fence and a dog, squee!

"Um..."

Oh drat! Music tastes! Ugh! If anything had to ruin her cunning plans, it was gonna be her weird tastes in music! >.<

"Anything will do, really. Anything that isn't country. Yech!"

Alyca cannot stand listening to country music! It burns her!

"I'm open to listen to just about anything since I haven't heard much music in my life before a couple of day ago."

6. - Top - End - #456

Alyca and Miriah's Cabin - A Happy Suburban Spy Front

I think a happy white picket fence, suburban home may be the only thing that doesn't exist in all the Nexus. Even then it stops being normal by virtue of the super spy and klepto-scavenger living there.

Those hypothetical kids are going to be so messed up.

"Gotcha. I'll keep my eye open for records. No country." Justin goes over in a verbal list. "Also you guys don't have to pay me anything for them," he adds. He certainly wasn't charging the other refugees.

My Characters

7. - Top - End - #457
    Orc in the Playground

Infirmary

"No. I won't return to my world. Not willingly, anyway. The life on the seas is the only life I know, but back home it's dangerous. If you accidently catch the wrong fish, the Ocean Mother will direct sea monsters towards your ship, and she does nothing to stop Sea Dragons or Arctic Dragons, and Mountain Dragons will attack a ship close enough to their lairs. Too close to the wrong islands and Island Goblins will attack, and Sea Elves are mostly pirates, and the only sea-going races are Island Goblins and Sea Elves so nobody minds too much. Mountain Dwarfs only grudgingly accept us into their cities as they've suffered much from the Elvish Empires and Hill Dwarfs don't accept us at all because they've suffered more. No, I'm better off here. Less likely to find somebody who hates elves." Unfortunately, there's one living in the lake- a Marsh Goblin.

Main Cabin

When Natalie sees Brinika has finished, she'll put her crude, slightly wobbly chair to one side, and start working on a person. The chair's positioned where Brinika can sit her leaf litter goblin on it if she wanted to.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

8. - Top - End - #458
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Infirmary

"I'm not sure. Sometimes the path that lays before us isn't clear. If you want to rebuild your boat you will need to rebuild your family. It may take time and be very hard. But it sounds to me that if you want to follow the path of those before you, then you don't have much choice. Find people you can trust. Work hard and save. But your life here will never be like your life before, maybe it would make more sense to try and return to your world."
    Infirmary

Lume nods in agreement. "She just put that better than I could have - and every word was true."
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-11-11 at 05:40 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

Main Cabin

When Natalie sees Brinika has finished, she'll put her crude, slightly wobbly chair to one side, and start working on a person. The chair's positioned where Brinika can sit her leaf litter goblin on it if she wanted to.
    Brinika very carefully puts her little goblin figurine on the chair. Miraculously, everything doesn't subsequently fall apart.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Orc in the Playground

Main Cabin

Natalie smiles. "Have you ever had a doll's house, Brinika?" She's gluing together her own person, now; this one has an acorn-head wearing the thingie it grew in as a hat.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Alyca and Miriah's Cabin - A Happy Suburban Spy Front

I think a happy white picket fence, suburban home may be the only thing that doesn't exist in all the Nexus. Even then it stops being normal by virtue of the super spy and klepto-scavenger living there.

Those hypothetical kids are going to be so messed up.

"Gotcha. I'll keep my eye open for records. No country." Justin goes over in a verbal list. "Also you guys don't have to pay me anything for them," he adds. He certainly wasn't charging the other refugees.
    [Alyca and Miriah's Cabin - Hypothetical Babies]

It's official! Justin and Alyca have hypothetical children!

"Justin, you should be rewarded for your work! That's how money-making works and the world rolls. We'd feel bad and unfair if you refused our payment!"

"Come to think of it, there is something else you could get for me..."

Alyca mischievously whispers as she attempts to pull Justin into a great big hug!

"Everyone could use a hug every once and again!"

12. - Top - End - #462

Alyca and Miriah's Cabin - A Hearfelt and Unexpected Glomping

All Justin can say before being drawn in is "Sure what can I guh-" Then there is hugging. Justin is being hugged. It is a thing that's happening and he was not prepared for it. A part of him is absolutely enraptured. A pretty girl who likes him is making a move and this is awesome! Most of mind however has no idea how to process this. No girl ever has actually liked him, like, LIKE-liked him before. This isn't a consoling thing. Neither of them is crying, (Not that I ever cry,) or being greeted or thanked, so this is a proper "I like you" hug.

These two separate thoughts eventually clink together to tell him he should be hugging back right now. Yes right hugging back. Just wrap the arms around her and oh Christmas! I hope I don't smell. His arms slowly wrap around in reciprocation, matching for squeeze.

"Yeah, I guess so."

My Characters

13. - Top - End - #463
    Pixie in the Playground

[Alyca and Miriah's Cabin - I'mma Go Leap On My Precious]

Oh woe is me! It is too late for Justin! Once you fall into Alyca's warm, loving caress, you're doomed to be her boyfriend! Doomed!

Be hugged Justin! Feel teh lahv and become addicted to it! You must has more hugs, Justin. You must has more! More!

"Yuck! You smell! Get away from me!"

Like-like Justin! Alyca doesn't like-like Justin! She loves Justin! Or, she's pretty certain that she loves Justin in any case. She hasn't had much experience with love. Curtain, yes. Love, no.

And of course, now that Alyca is hugging Justin, she figures out that she's in a dire predicament here. On one hand, if she hugs Justin for too long, it'll be awkward. On the other hand, if she hugs Justin for an insufficient amount of time, he might not get the message that she thinks she loves him! Dang! If only Miriah were here to give her advice! She'd know what to do!

Eventually, the hug has to end. After it has, Alyca sits in her spot for a moment and stares timidly at her dreamy hero. And she's blushing. She's blushing a whole lot.

"I...I'd better let you get back to what you were doing before you stopped by, then, I guess. I've taken up enough of your time today. And if we're alone much longer, Miriah will never let me hear the end of it."

14. - Top - End - #464

Alyca and Miriah's Cabin - All Good Things, I Guess

It's an inescapable doom Justin would be pretty happy with. "Yeah," he agrees, blushing a bit himself. It takes him a second to get up, he just plain doesn't want to leave. He definitely wants another hug. He gets to the door before turning and asking, "We're still on for the party, right? Outside Trog's?"

My Characters

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

Main Cabin

Natalie smiles. "Have you ever had a doll's house, Brinika?" She's gluing together her own person, now; this one has an acorn-head wearing the thingie it grew in as a hat.
    Brinika's ears twitch.
    "No. What's a doll house? Is that a house for dolls to live in? Sounds a bit strange."

16. - Top - End - #466
    Orc in the Playground

Main Cabin

"Yes, it's a house for dolls. Normally the dolls are small ones like the goblin you made, and not baby-shaped dolls." Hopefully Brinika knows what a doll is.

Entrance

A man on a small, but powerful, motorbike is gently trundling up towards the camp. Mounted on the back of the motorbike is a plastic box marked with the logo of a winged scroll. The man is tall, with a short beard, green eyes and a bald patch on his head. He's wearing a kevlar vest and at his waist is a length of green wood carved with a snake's head at one end.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Cabin Roof

Reinholdt kitty sits up here watching the man on the motorcycle. He lacks his sniper rifle, but on the other hand, he's a blue kitty. Yay.

"Fed-ex downsize lately?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

"Ooooh. So you can pretend they live in a house? That's neat. But I've never heard of anything like that." Brinika is starting to put some more forest debris into something that looks like a four-legged animal.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Orc in the Playground

Main Cabin

"Really? They're quite popular where I'm from. Some people make theirs out of old shoe boxes." But Natalie's never made one; if she wanted a doll's house, somebody bought her the most expensive one they could find.

Entrance

"Don't know what Fed-ex is, but the company I work for specialise in deliveries to more dangerous locations. Bikes are easier to manoeuvre than vans, and can fit through smaller holes in the fabric of reality. Anyway, I have some letters here for... Jamie Druid, Lily Applehill, Tito Applehill, Salix Noname and Brinika Sneergrim." Yes, he really means he's driven through at least one hole in space/time.

Also, that isn't necessarily the complete list, just everybody I know of that are still around.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

"I don't think goblins ever came up with it. But maybe I could make a goblin doll house..." An idea is already forming in Brinika's rather receptive brain. Gods know what will come out of it.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

Entrance

"Of course... leave it to the Nexus to deliver mail by driving through holes in reality." Reinholdt rolls his eyes.

"Wait... did you say Sneergrim? Really? That's her last name? Sneergrim?" That doesn't even.
    Actually... now that Reinholdt thinks about it, all of those last names aren't last names at all. Just random words put together. Druid. No Name. Apple Hill. Sneer Grim. Geeze, these kids were worse than Butler.

"Jamie lives there, Applehills there, Brinika there, and I don't know a Salix." Reinholdt points out. "Or I could deliver them if you want." Got nothing else to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Orc in the Playground

Entrance

"Thank you, Sir, but I have to deliver the letters myself. And my company is not actually based here, I was just chosen to deliver these particular letters. We usually deliver mail to small communities nestled in werewolf-infested forests, Sir, or in similar circumstances." The man will take the letters and dismount his motorcycle, heading towards the Infirmary first.

Also, I don't know if dryads have surnames, otherwise that particular space would have been filled in rather than left blank. Hence Salix 'Noname'.

Main Cabin

"I could help, if you'd like. I've never made one before, either." Natalie smiles, putting her finished figure to one side. It's wearing a leaf for a cape, and the bit an acorn sits in before it's ripe as a hat.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2012-11-12 at 04:02 PM.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Dwarf in the Playground

Infirmary

"No. I won't return to my world. Not willingly, anyway. The life on the seas is the only life I know, but back home it's dangerous. If you accidently catch the wrong fish, the Ocean Mother will direct sea monsters towards your ship, and she does nothing to stop Sea Dragons or Arctic Dragons, and Mountain Dragons will attack a ship close enough to their lairs. Too close to the wrong islands and Island Goblins will attack, and Sea Elves are mostly pirates, and the only sea-going races are Island Goblins and Sea Elves so nobody minds too much. Mountain Dwarfs only grudgingly accept us into their cities as they've suffered much from the Elvish Empires and Hill Dwarfs don't accept us at all because they've suffered more. No, I'm better off here. Less likely to find somebody who hates elves." Unfortunately, there's one living in the lake- a Marsh Goblin.
    "Then you will have to try and find your way in this world. I wish I could help you, but I must admit, I am as lost as you. This place seems nice, the people kind. Maybe someone knows of a ship that needs work."

Yuki gives a little shrug, to her this kids life seems like it will be a very hard one if he hopes to rebuild his ship.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

Main Cabin

"I could help, if you'd like. I've never made one before, either." Natalie smiles, putting her finished figure to one side. It's wearing a leaf for a cape, and the bit an acorn sits in before it's ripe as a hat.
    "Thanks. We'll get to it later." Brinika fiddles with some more forest debris. "Not sure how to make a table. We don't have any pieces that are flat enough."

25. - Top - End - #475
    Orc in the Playground

Infirmary

"Then, I'll stay here. Hope to figure it out. What have you done with the wood from my ship?" If it's safe, he can potentially rebuild it later. If it has been burnt or destroyed then he doesn't have the choice of returning to the sea.

Main Cabin

"If we have some ice lollies, we could use the sticks from those. They're flat, and some are the right shape, too. Or we could make a log table and use the straighter twigs we have of the right size." Or those sticks can be found in some craft shops, I think. I don't normally look at the doll house stuff in a craft shop.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

"I think a log table would be easier," Brinika says before examining her four-legged creature. "I guess it might be either a dog or a molerat," she says.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Orc in the Playground

Main Cabin

"OK. Maybe it's both?" Natalie will look through the sticks, trying to find the straightest ones.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Pixie in the Playground

[Alyca and Miriah's Cabin - Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow]

But Justin doesn't know the zany Alyca or the wacky Miriah as people yet. He knows them as that girl who like-likes him and the girl who like-likes him's sister.

Brr! All this talk of like-likes brings back unpleasant memories. Not my Hylian shield! Nuuuu!

"Definitely, Justin. Definitely. I'll see you outside of Trog's."

Alyca stands to escort Justin to the door! She'll attempt to hand him a root beer soda.

"Here. Take one for the road."

29. - Top - End - #479

[Alyca and Miriah's Cabin - Super Spies and Shield Eaters Have Many Likes Alike]

Justin accepts the root beer. "See you soon." He walks out the door backwards, waving for a bit before he turns around and walks off to the Main Cabin, saying hi to Scavenger timeline Justin along the way.

That was a good cabin. Top tier. Going to be hard to beat.

My Characters

30. - Top - End - #480
    Pixie in the Playground

[Alyca and Miriah's Cabin - Fallout Mitigation]

Alyca waves back at Justin until Justin turns his back to her. She then shuts the door and locks it. Ten large, reinforced mechanical bolts slide into place, flanking it as lasers activate behind the bulletproof door.

"Miriah, we're clear. Tell our mutual employer that our cover for Operation Whiskey-Alpha-Sierra-Papa just got way more believable."