New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 84: Goblins and catgirls and dryads, oh my!

[Main Cabin]

Taurus the gardner takes a moment to process Brinika's question, then nods, picking up a leaf to illustrate his points. "It's because of the changing of the seasons. Winter is coming, and as the days grow shorter the leaves die and fall from certain types of trees. Then in the spring, they come back, as new leaves, the tree having survived the winter cold by dropping them."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Walking Around

"In my experience, someone is going to have to worry about it sooner or later. It might not be you, and it might not be while your still alive, but it will be an issue. More likely, however, is Murphy's law: anything that can go wrong will go wrong , at the worst possible moment."

Copi is about to say something else, but stops herself. "It occurs to me that perhaps you wouldn't want to ponder this, and I will not push some of these things on you if that's the case."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Main Cabin]

Taurus the gardner takes a moment to process Brinika's question, then nods, picking up a leaf to illustrate his points. "It's because of the changing of the seasons. Winter is coming, and as the days grow shorter the leaves die and fall from certain types of trees. Then in the spring, they come back, as new leaves, the tree having survived the winter cold by dropping them."
    Brinika's ears droop and then perk up as she digests this. This makes sense... but she feels there's more to it still.
    "But why do they fall? Can't they just stay on the trees the whole year?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Entrance]
    A few hours later, the girl comes back, the pockets of her big ol' coat jingling and clinking with loot! She waves up at Reinholdt.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Entrance]

Reinholdt is totally sleeping.
    Or at least he was until he heard his favorite sound. He wakes up, yawns, looks around, and hops down.

"That was fast."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Entrance]
    Well, I was lucky and found some fairly wealthy wolves and stuff.
    She pulls out handfuls of jewelry that, while nothing exceptional, is pretty good for jewelry taken off wolves.
    Is this good enough?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

"They could. But then when the winter storms come, they would damage the tree. Notice how they tend to be so broad-leaved, while those that are still green are narrower? That's so that they don't catch wind and snow as much, and either bend the tree over, or weigh it down," Taurus explains. "Also, it's less of a burden for the tree, as it doesn't have to maintain the leaves during the short winter days."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Brinika frowns in thought.
    "So it's like when some animals grow fur for the winter and shed it for spring. Only the other way around."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Entrance]

Reinholdt would question that, but is a fairly wealthy cat, so doesn't bother and just takes the jewels.

"These are just fine, thank you." Barring anything, they'll soon disappear into hammerspace. "Here's the form." Reinholdt says, handing over a piece of paper from the first post.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Walking Around

"In my experience, someone is going to have to worry about it sooner or later. It might not be you, and it might not be while your still alive, but it will be an issue. More likely, however, is Murphy's law: anything that can go wrong will go wrong , at the worst possible moment."

Copi is about to say something else, but stops herself. "It occurs to me that perhaps you wouldn't want to ponder this, and I will not push some of these things on you if that's the case."
    [Walking Around => Lake Shore]

As they reach the shore, Kitty plops down on her butt and stares out over the water. "I know I have to deal with this somehow, even if I don't want to. I just don't know what to do." She sighs.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Entrance]
    She takes a minute or two to fill it out!
    Name: Lechner Algol
    Current Moral or Ethical Leanings (Good/Evil): True Neutral
    Desired Moral or Ethical Leanings (Good/Evil): Neutral Good
    Profession: Frost Knight
    Race: Human
    Why do you want to join GLoG?: I want to be more helpful to others and GLOG seemed like a good place to start.
    How can you contribute to help support this organization's goals?: Besides combat ability, I have cold-related skills that could be useful in the event of fire or if a major snowstorm hit.
    Any other important information: Anyone needs help cutting wood, I basically swing around a giant chainsaw all day, so I'll help.
    Preferred room assignment: Dogwood C (or any room unoccupied there)
    ((Random note: I think I may go back to playing Lausel quite soon; the IC reason for her absence was, uh, going off on some cultural thing.))
    Last edited by Beans; 2012-10-20 at 06:43 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Entrance]

Reinholdt takes the form back and looks it over before rolling it up.
    "Alright, you'll be in that cabin over there. The place behind me is the Main Cabin with the kitchen and over there is the infirmary. Any questions?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Entrance]
    Uh... no questions! Thanks!
    She smiles and trots off, gazing around at the campsite as she goes.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Main Cabin]

Brinika is sitting there on the floor, with lots of leaves spread around her, segregated by color. Brinika is sorting them, humming under her breath.

"Oh, sure. Do you want me to bring Nicholas along? I'm sure your girls will love to meet him." Little girls love kitties.
    Rowan Cabin

"Certainly, so long as you don't mind him getting people food. I don't keep cat food stocked now that I'm going steady with Eric." Julie lets that private joke slide without explaining it, but she's referring to a catboy she knew who would come to her looking for a quick night's stand with a side of danger. Eventually she drove him off from his self destructive ways by offering him tins of cat food as a morning after meal.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lake Shore

Copi sits down, too. "The main issue is the lack of information. You have something odd with your soul, we don't know what the actual issue is." Copi shrugs. "Advanced magic might be nice, to find the details of the issue. Beyond that, I can only think of two ways to get them. One is to ask a powerful being, and that has a ton of issues. The other way, and this might just be an odd idea that is of no use and could be dangerous, is to examine your mind for any obvious problems. However, it depends on how your mind interacts with your soul, which depends on how exactly souls work where you come from. There is a chance that such a thing would simply be a pointless and potentially dangerous exercise."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Entrance]
    A brown-haired catgirl comes back in through the main gate, her notched and nicked ears twitching in the occasional brush of chill air.
    Yep, Lausel is back from me being stupid a ritual native to her culture. Knowing what little we know of her culture so far, it was probably weird.
    She sniffs the air, smiling a little, as she decides to take the more scenic of possible routes back to Redwood Cabin.
    Iss nice to being kome back.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Shore]

Kitty lets the bit about a powerful being lie for now. She's not sure how she'd even begin to approach dealing with the problem that way.

"Examine my mind? How would you do that?" She asks. At least mind and soul are things she's heard plenty about, even if her understanding is limited. "Quinn did something to do with my mind already I think." She didn't follow what Quinn was doing very well.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lake Shore

"While I'm not sure what Quinn did, it would likely be like the difference between a good look at a situation and actually sitting down in the situation and bothering to learn ALL of the context and how EVERYTHING works together. In theory, a skilled psychic could find anything that has an effect on your mind, like a mechanic going through a clock with a fine-tooth comb."

"However, if Quinn can't find anything with a mental scan, doing an in-depth mental investigation is unlikely to find much. As said, it depends on how your soul interacts with your mind, the exact nature of the trouble... in fact, it would be more likely to find something you had forgotten concerning the feeling, than the cause of the issue itself."

"In short, I believe that it might be too much of a hassle with too little evidence to lead me to believe it might be useful. While an interesting notion, I believe that additional information would be needed, in addition to a gifted and experienced psychic or the proper magic."

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Rowan Cabin

"Certainly, so long as you don't mind him getting people food. I don't keep cat food stocked now that I'm going steady with Eric." Julie lets that private joke slide without explaining it, but she's referring to a catboy she knew who would come to her looking for a quick night's stand with a side of danger. Eventually she drove him off from his self destructive ways by offering him tins of cat food as a morning after meal.
    "Oh, he'll be fine," Sophie says. She's not sure what Julie needed cat food for, though. Presumably, they get up and enter the cabin, Sophie carrying Nicholas.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Brinika frowns in thought.
    "So it's like when some animals grow fur for the winter and shed it for spring. Only the other way around."
    "You know," Taurus answers after a moment's thought, "that's actually a very good comparison, and one I hadn't previously thought of. But yes, that describes it quite well."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Shore]

"Well, she did find something. She said something was effecting me, but she couldn't tell what it was with what she did." Kitty explains. So there is something to look for. "What were you thinking could be done?"

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Brinika beams.
    "That's cool! I knew I would understand it sooner or later. Those brown and yellow and red leaves are pretty. I think I'll make something out of them."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

"Really? I'd like to see what you make of them, perhaps," the gardener asks with a smile.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

"I think I could find a really big hat and attach leaves to it," Brinika says. "Then I'd look like an autumn tree."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lake Shore

"In theory, it could be found what the exact effect is, and perhaps connect it to some event in your memories. If the situation is just so, there is even the possibility it could be repaired. The trick is, that would involve going deep into your head, and at the very least someone might discover your secrets... and someone insufficiently careful or malicious could cause you harm."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Abandoned Camp- Bunker

There's a bathroom. It has a row of six sinks, six toilet cubicles, and a large communal shower with enough spaces for ten people at once, though there's little walls to afford some privacy. No baths, however. In the way of loot, there's some bleach, two thin bars of soap, and easily-accessed plumbing. Though the plumbing has water still running through it.
    Abandoned Camp - Bunker
    Justin has to sigh to himself. If he were back in Georgia, this would be a gold mine. Soap AND clean water. This would be an absolute mint. But no, all this stuff is readily available here in Nexus.

So he only steals any clean toilet paper that happens to be lying around. After that he leaves this room to return to the First set of three doors. One door left...

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Shore]

Kitty frowns, and sighs. "I don't really care about secrets that much." She's not sure she can think of any she has off the top of her head anyway. "But I guess it'd be hard to find someone who can do this sort of thing that isn't a jerk. Do you know anybody that could do it?"

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lake Shore

"In theory, I might be able to. Apart from that... I'm not sure. I would have to ask around."

"Before you push that angle, I would like to say that I have no experience in this, and am primarily pondering this angle in a hypothetical manner."

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Shore]

"Oh come on. If you can help you should at least try." Kitty insists. She turns toward Copi, giving her an imploring look.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lake Shore

"I... if you want me to, I will try. I am aware of the risks, and know to be careful. However, I want you to be aware that I might not be able to do anything, and there is the chance that I might accidentally hurt you. I will be cautious, but there is always the chance."