New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1503
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 84: Goblins and catgirls and dryads, oh my!

Rowan Cabin - Thanksmas Morning

Eric will immediately put on the Fedora; he likes it, judging from the smile on his face, and when Julie goes to give him a kiss, he'll turn just at the right moment so that it's a kiss on the lips. He'll reach into the breast pocket to read said card.

Scylla, meanwhile, is enthusiastically ripping apart the wrapping paper on her present.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Barbarian in the Playground

The card is a nice little Thanksmas scene of a cabin in the woods snowed in, and on the inside there is a set of lipstick imprints along with a description of the suit. It's been altered so that it will always feel like the most comfortable set of clothes he remembers owning, matching the feel of them exactly. It will change into something more appropriate for his female form that's still professional, and and rips, scuffs, or dirt it accumulates will transfer over to the stored alternate suit as they happen. So when the male Eric is wearing it, it will be a pristine pinstripe suit and when Ericka is wearing it it will be pristine women's businesswear. It has thought-adjusted climate control as well.

"Like I said, it took me forever to work all that in. Psionically anchoring those effects to clothing instead of a body was a learning experience."

The kids' presents are revealed to be two massive blocks of modeling clay! Prism immediately fists her hands into it, squishing the substance between her fingers and letting yellows and greens bleed all over the surface where she touches it. She seems reluctant to let it go even if it means not opening another present just yet.

She also squeals quietly just a bit, pure joy radiating off of her.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Ogre in the Playground

Scylla, like her sister, will immediately duck her hands into the claw, her tentacles also moving to help mold things. Her giggling is surprisingly infectious.

Eric, of course, is basking in the happiness laden empathy of his child, and is a bit wrapped up in it; Julie may have to remind him to actually get back to presents.

4. - Top - End - #1234

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Balsa Cabin

"Whenever he talks about it, he calls it a lockpick. So I have no idea if it's formally named or not, but it probably is. He says he could use it to unlock the secrets of the mind with it, but I don't think he's hit anybody with it yet. Sure, I'll give it to Lichen. I'm sure he'll like it." Yes, it's pretty formally named.

Also, I got New Vegas for Christmas! I have a grenade rifle. It goes 'boom' and cripples Legion Assassins, unless I've loaded incendiary rounds, when it normally kills them. I usually don't have any ammo left after, though.

Naming automatically makes weapons special. "The secrets of the mind? Anyway, tell Lichen I said Merry Thanksmas and Good Morning. See ya." Justin walks out to say good bye to Daisy very quickly.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Main Room]

Andy looks a bit confused at the cleric. This guy sounds a bit crazy and less informed then he needs to be. He shakes his head.

"You must be mistaken. I only know one Reinhold that is on this ground," (Plotclones don't count)" and I'm save to say he is no undead. Futhermorw A cleric who doesn't want to raise undead would never mention it while introducing himself. It appears more like you will do it."

Andy makes a shrt break as letters appear at his left eye.

"I can't see how your helping undead will work out here, especially as we have only 1 and I think it's bettter to threat her like we do with everyone here. I wonder why you only mention to help undead. Why can't you help normal people as well?"
    Hackett frowns. Mistaken? Hardly. I know for a fact Reinholdt is undead! I saw him just outside, he plainly told me! An odd looking cat-creature with red eyes and vampire fangs. I take it you haven't met many clerics like me...I assist undead, create them, destroy them. I am an undead expert. It doesn't matter whether I'm healing or destroying them to me. Well, I can help normal people, yes. I'm just better suited to helping undead ones.

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Main Room]

Andy just shakes the head frustated as he listens to Hackett. The way he describes the reasons Reinhold is undead Sound to simple. It could also be that he wears a costume.

"I did met other clerics, and neither of them mentioned raising undead by there intrducing."

He still listens to the man assuming he meant he is an expert with undeads and not an undead expert. Or is he obviously undead?

"As I mentioned before. The number of undeads here is very small. I don't see the need of someone only able to help undead, since the undead we have come along quiet well. Just tell me a bit about your religion?"

Andy still assumes this guy may be more of a troublemaker then of help, but at least he tries to find a reason to not throw him out.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

7. - Top - End - #1237

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post

Scylla, like her sister, will immediately duck her hands into the clay, her tentacles also moving to help mold things. Her giggling is surprisingly infectious.

Eric, of course, is basking in the happiness laden empathy of his child, and is a bit wrapped up in it; Julie may have to remind him to actually get back to presents.

Prism giggles along with her sister and Julie snaps a picture of the scene, her kids playing in clay while Eric watches on under his spiffy new fedora.

"Maybe we should take a break for cocoa and start unwrapping again once these two are finished with their messy fun, hm?" Julie's already levitating four mugs out of the cabinet and some milk out of the fridge to cool the hot chocolate off with as she looks at Eric inquiringly.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Troll in the Playground

Salix's Sapling

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Lakeside - Salix's Sapling]

Brinika giggles again. "Snow isn't for eating, silly!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Lakeside - Salix's Sapling]

Salix laughs along with her. Too cute. An idea suddenly occur to her. "Wanna come inside the wall, Mikhail?" She looks up at Vasi. "Can you help me move him inside?" She doesn't want to make him topple over again.

Kitchen

Brand can be found in the kitchen, making a nice winter stew.

Assuming there's room in the little shelter, Vasi will pick Mikhail up and move him inside. He makes an indignant shriek as he's stopped from eating the snow, but it stops once he's inside and has something new to look at.

How high is the wall?
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2013-01-16 at 10:55 AM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Titan in the Playground

[Salix's Sapling]

"He's really big," Brinika says. "A goblin baby as old as he is would be a lot smaller."

[Kitchen]

Reelshka walks into the kitchen and smiles when she sees Brand.
    "Hello, Brand. There's something I need to talk to you about."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Ogre in the Playground

[Salix's Sapling]

The wall is only a couple feet tall in some places, only a foot in others. She's only been working on it for a while today after all.

"He is? How big are goblin babies?" Salix asks curiously. Brinkika is pretty small, so it does make sense to her that goblin babies would be smaller.

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post

Prism giggles along with her sister and Julie snaps a picture of the scene, her kids playing in clay while Eric watches on under his spiffy new fedora.

"Maybe we should take a break for cocoa and start unwrapping again once these two are finished with their messy fun, hm?" Julie's already levitating four mugs out of the cabinet and some milk out of the fridge to cool the hot chocolate off with as she looks at Eric inquiringly.
    [Rowan Cabin - Thanksmas Morning]

Eric turns and nods to Julie, "I think that's a good idea. Some hot chocolate on Thanksmas morning sounds wonderful."

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Troll in the Playground

Salix's Sapling

Mikhail makes cooing noises as he finds himself in a somewhat calming location - a dryad's sapling with a wall of white around him.

"Goblin babies are ever so tiny,"
    Vasilisa says, holding out her hands to display the appropriate size. Being a mother goddess, she would know. "But you should see pixie babies. They are smaller than a honeybee."

Kitchen

"Oh? Go ahead. I'm all ears," Brand says, as he continues to work.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Titan in the Playground

[Salix's Sapling]

"Have you seen a goblin baby?" Brinika asks curiously.

[Kitchen]

"Andy told me that he had spoken with a company that specializes in replacing people's lost limbs. They want to send people here for rehabilitation in a peaceful environment. They're willing to pay. I think it's an interesting offer, but we'd need to speak to them first and make sure it's safe. What do you think?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Ogre in the Playground

[Salix's Sapling]

The dryad's eyes go wide. "Smaller than a bee? That's so tiny." It's hard to imagine someone so very small. "How big are adult pixies?"

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Orc in the Playground

Balsa Cabin

As he leaves, Daffodil will say goodbye. Daisy is busy adjusting his new scarf in his bedroom, talking to Bramble. The conversation might be overheard by Justin.
    "...happy without."
    "Are you sure? There's plenty where I found it, and Justin's got one. He could give lessons, if you asked nicely."
    "I don't want anything I can't take off. Not again."
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Main Room]

Andy just shakes the head frustated as he listens to Hackett. The way he describes the reasons Reinhold is undead Sound to simple. It could also be that he wears a costume.

"I did met other clerics, and neither of them mentioned raising undead by there intrducing."

He still listens to the man assuming he meant he is an expert with undeads and not an undead expert. Or is he obviously undead?

"As I mentioned before. The number of undeads here is very small. I don't see the need of someone only able to help undead, since the undead we have come along quiet well. Just tell me a bit about your religion?"

Andy still assumes this guy may be more of a troublemaker then of help, but at least he tries to find a reason to not throw him out.
    Hackett frowns some more. This is not what he expected in a greeting. I feel it's best to inform a possible business manager of all skills. Not just some. There's no need for me to hide any skills I may have.
    After all, this is a place of peace and healing.
    He adjusts his hat and blows his nose with a silk napkin. This guy is obviously accustomed to staying in a church most of the time. My allergies are killing me....well, anyway my religion believes that undead souls are just as valuable as living ones to our Goddess. You must live a life of perfection to achieve perfection in the soul, so I, like many others of my religion live my life caring for all. We are kind, caring people. We do what is right, and are severely punsihed if we do something our Goddess perceives as wrong...

17. - Top - End - #1247

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Balsa Cabin

As he leaves, Daffodil will say goodbye. Daisy is busy adjusting his new scarf in his bedroom, talking to Bramble. The conversation might be overheard by Justin.
    "...happy without."
    "Are you sure? There's plenty where I found it, and Justin's got one. He could give lessons, if you asked nicely."
    "I don't want anything I can't take off. Not again."
    Balsa Cabin

Assuming the door isn't open, *Knick-knack-knock* Justin knocks on the door. "Hey guys, I'm done dropping everything off, just wanted to say bye to the guy who greeted me," he says if it's opened.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Orc in the Playground

Balsa Cabin

"Oh, yes, that's me. Goodbye, from the officially self-appointed greeter of Balsa Cabin. Hold on." Daisy and Bramble will leave their bedroom. Daisy will try to hug Justin before he leaves, and if he's either too awkward in his response to Daisy, or completely fine, Bramble will also try a hug.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Hackett frowns some more. This is not what he expected in a greeting. I feel it's best to inform a possible business manager of all skills. Not just some. There's no need for me to hide any skills I may have.
    After all, this is a place of peace and healing.
    He adjusts his hat and blows his nose with a silk napkin. This guy is obviously accustomed to staying in a church most of the time. My allergies are killing me....well, anyway my religion believes that undead souls are just as valuable as living ones to our Goddess. You must live a life of perfection to achieve perfection in the soul, so I, like many others of my religion live my life caring for all. We are kind, caring people. We do what is right, and are severely punsihed if we do something our Goddess perceives as wrong...
    [Main Room]

Andy starts to narrow his eyes at the man. The allergies is quiet normal, but throws the question why he come to GloG. A place with more green ground than anywhere else. But the things that worry him more is what he says about the religion. For him it sounds like animating undead is a must do for the religion or at least a usefull tool to allow a person to gain the perfection.

"I still can't see how your service could be used here. I say it again, we have not so many undeads and currently there where no problems we couldn't solve. You won't find much use of your skills here."
    Last edited by Zefir; 2013-01-17 at 03:37 PM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Troll in the Playground

Salix's Sapling

"I've seen so many babies," Vasilisa says, with the wistful smile of lifetimes of memories. "Goblin babies and pixie babies and catperson babies and faun babies... So many beautiful, perfect, little babies." Overcome with emotion, she leans over and kisses her own baby on the head.

Kitchen

"Specializing in replacing lost limbs? Hmm, I suppose a place like the city does need a lost limb specialist. Certainly, as long as the people who come to be rehabilitated are peaceful. I don't see any difficulty."
    Brand says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Titan in the Playground

[Salix's Sapling]

Brinika grins.
    "Where did you see all those? I don't even know what a faun is."

[Kitchen]

Reelshka nods.
    "I'll ask Andy to contact them so we can speak with them. We should be able to determine whether or not it'll be safe to have them here."

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Ogre in the Playground

[Salix's Sapling]

"Yeah, me neither. What's a faun? How many other kinds of people have you seen?" Salix asks curiously. Vasi has got her wondering a number of things now.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Troll in the Playground

Salix's Sapling

Vasilisa will tell the two girls stories about babies from different species, only saying she's had a lot of "friends" who have had children. All the while, she helps build the little snow fort for the tree. She does pluck Mikhail out when he starts to get too cold.

Kitchen

"We don't turn away people who need help," Brand says. "Some individuals might be trouble, but I imagine most will be fine."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Titan in the Playground

[Salix's Sapling]

Brinika will listen eagerly as she also helps build the fort. She's very curious about other species, uncharacteristically so for a goblin, as I think her father told Vasi.

[Kitchen]

Reelshka nods.
    "Yes, from what Andy told me they're people who need a calm place to get used to their new limbs. I'll go speak with him."
    Unless Brand has something else to add, the goblin will go to look for Andy.

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Ogre in the Playground

[Salix's Sapling]

Salix is as curious as Brinika, and will badger Vasi with a number of questions as she explains. They make steady progress on the wall as they talk, and by the time Vasi is done talking, it's starting to look like a real wall.

"The wall is getting so big now. How high should we make it?" She says as she piles some more snow on top of it.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Troll in the Playground

Well, they are old scars, burns, and what looks to be canine teeth marks on his neck. No, he has no eyes, nor he did he sit particularly quickly.
    He wrings his hands again. Um...i-it w-was at n-night....some w-woman wearing armor w-with a b-big sword w-wanted to see Ms. Quinn...I t-tried t-to stop h-her...then she kicked me down a ditch a-and h-hit m-me with the h-hilt...then somehow R-Reinholdt w-was involved...I d-didn't know h-her name...
    I'll have to talk to Quinn about this, later.

An onion rolls in and heads toward Marty. Would you like a beverage, sir? it asks.

Another rolls in and up to Vidalia, bouncing up onto her bed with no effort. A glass that shouldn't fit lifts out the top, which Vidalia takes. Thanks. she says politely, and the onion rolls away.

So, what was it that brought you to me, again? she asks before taking a sip of her drink.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Troll in the Playground

Salix's Sapling

"Not too high. Your sapling needs plenty of sun," Vasi says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    I'll have to talk to Quinn about this, later.

An onion rolls in and heads toward Marty. Would you like a beverage, sir? it asks.

Another rolls in and up to Vidalia, bouncing up onto her bed with no effort. A glass that shouldn't fit lifts out the top, which Vidalia takes. Thanks. she says politely, and the onion rolls away.

So, what was it that brought you to me, again? she asks before taking a sip of her drink.
    Marty just shrugs. It d-doesn't m-matter so much anymore, I'm b-back n-now. And that woman in the a-armor is g-gone too. Then onions appear! And talk! I...um....y-you t-talk t-too? Um...y-yes please...just water? He then speaks again. W-Why d-do you care? I....well...I k-kinda missed y-you... He turns red in the face rather quickly.

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Troll in the Playground

{Cherry Cabin}

Marty just shrugs. It d-doesn't m-matter so much anymore, I'm b-back n-now. And that woman in the a-armor is g-gone too. Then onions appear! And talk! I...um....y-you t-talk t-too? Um...y-yes please...just water? He then speaks again. W-Why d-do you care? I....well...I k-kinda missed y-you... He turns red in the face rather quickly.
    The onion rolls away.

Vidalia looks taken back by Marty's comment. Because we're friends, Marty. She stands up and walks toward Marty. And friends care for each other. She goes to sit next to him, swivelling once seated, intending to lay her legs across his lap. We are friends, aren't we? She'll reach up to caress his cheek.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

30. - Top - End - #1260

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Rowan Cabin - Thanksmas Morning]

Eric turns and nods to Julie, "I think that's a good idea. Some hot chocolate on Thanksmas morning sounds wonderful."

"Yay cocoa." Prism murmurs, not willing to shout to show her excitement when simply broadcasting it mentally is much easier. Once Julie has the mugs of hot chocolatey drink placed in front of them all and the kids are cleaned up a bit from the modeling clay, she starts to talk.

"I know you both wondered a bit why I haven't unwrapped a present yet, so I might as well tell you. This year I asked Wolfy Claws to let us take a vacation outside the campground as a family so we can show you two some more of the Nexus now that you're old enough, so that's what I got. I'm not sure where we're all going yet, but it'll be two weeks out for everyone to explore and meet new people and things." She sips her own cocoa, not minding that it's still bubbling in its cup. She's cooled the twins' mugs significantly, knowing they can heat it up themselves if they want it boiling and not wanting them to burn themselves because of her.