New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Sportsmen card culture (also called how my bro is driving me nuts)

In israel, we have cards with football(soccer) players on them, in america there are cards with baseball players and in other countries there might be cards of other kinds.

My question is this: Does your country have something the kids do with it?
    as for example in Israel the kids put the cards on the floor, and by tapping on the floor with their hands, creating a vaccum the sends a wave of air upon the cards they flip them, thus winning and takeing the cards from their friends. in their homes, the kids 'practice' this skill so they could get more cards in the daily games, thus makeing the annoying sound of: Pak, Pak, Pak, Pak, Pak......

So what do kids at your country do with the damn cards?
    Despite everything, its still me.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Sportsmen card cultere (also called how my bro is driving me nuts)

In elementary school we used to do this with Pokemon cards, yugioh cards, you name it. In fact, I don't think anyone actually played the games how they were meant to be played.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh one world cup when I was younger we actually made up rules and stats for a game with the players cards according to their stats and the players got a bonus if their country won a game that day.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    In elementary school we used to do this with Pokemon cards, yugioh cards, you name it. In fact, I don't think anyone actually played the games how they were meant to be played.
    I actually did play Pokemon the way it was supposed to be played briefly, but they were mostly just fun to trade, as you said.
    Many thanks to Ceika for my Avatar

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

We in Germany have stickers. Mostly during championships, they suddenly turn up EVERYWHERE.
    Si non confectus, non reficiat.

The beautiful girl is courtesy of Serpentine
    My S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripjat Let's Play! Please give it a read, more than one constant reader would be nice!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Colossus in the Playground

Yeah, we have those two. Soccer stickers. You collect and trade them, and try to fill a book with all the players who are currently in the championship. Or at least I think those still exist.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

7. - Top - End - #7
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

We played Yu-gi-oh. We actually played it with the cards as was intended.

Same with those who played Pokemon. I think the football cards were just traded and shown off, not played with.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Sportsmen card culture (also called how my bro is driving me nuts)

I am fairly old, but when I was a child we had many gambling games with baseball cards. Scale them to a curb, the closer one wins the other cards. Kinda like pitching pennies. Flipping , when you'd call odds or evens and flip the cards to the ground, two face up were even, one down was odds. Others too but those were the two biggest.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett