New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Adventures in Equestria IC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Heartflight shook her head, recovering form the teleport. She hovered a bit, testing out her wings before deciding everything was in order and following the others to the house. As introductions were made, she introduced herself as well.

"Name's Heartflight. And this is Gar," she said, indicating the falcon.
    "Greetings, Heartflight and Gar. Interesting name for a falcon." The mare comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "...I'm Foxglove. These are Fox-Glove and Tweedle."She didn't find it odd that her hostess didn't find it odd that there was a baby hydra in her house.
    "Hello, Foxglove, Fox-glove, and Tweedle."

The Silver Dragon playfully roars at Tweedle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    "My name is Godwyn, Paladin and general do-gooder," the griffin says with a polite smile and respectful nod.
    "Greetings Godwyn. A Paladin of Icarus I presume?"

She leads them into the kitchen.

"As for us, the Dragon is Eingefroren, that one- she points to a filly who looks like a filly pegasus version of Princess Luna Is Nightwing. That one- she points to a filly who looks like a filly unicorn version of Celestia with a pink mane and tail. Is Solar Flare. That one- she points to a unicorn filly with a dark red coat that transitions into a black, Rarity style mane is Obsidian Flare. That one, she points to an energetic, rather large pegasus colt is rolling thunder. That one she points to an Earth pony teenager with a somewhat sickly green coat with no cutie mark Is Broken Scale. That one she points to a male unicorn Is Faith's shield. You've already met Aurora it seems, so I suppose that just leaves me. My name is Anacra. How do you do?"

There are seats set at the table for the new visitors, and even a space cleared for Tweedle. Yeah, it's a big table.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-11-18 at 04:39 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn's eyes widen slightly at the mention of Icarus. His composure is near-instantly recovered though, and he gives only a small nod and a faint smile.

Once seated at the table, he looks around at the room full of various youths. "My goodness, quite a family..." he observes with a warm grin. "A pleasure to meet you all. As for ourselves, we are well. I hope you and your household are the same."
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-11-18 at 02:44 AM.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

Tweedle Dee look a little nervous about the dragon roaring, but Dum roars happily back.

Foxglove is visibly balking at the prospect of being in a room, much less a table with, so many people. But she is brave. She is doing the social thing.
    She is going to that table.
    Also, because Fox-Glove is pushing her forward with his head.

"..."

She and Tweedle take their respective places, as her face fades into a complete void where expression goes to die.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

"Mmm, I kinda like tall, dark and lovely myself," Gearstride said with a wink and bowed. "But it is a pleasure to meet you all."

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    "As for us, the Dragon is Eingefroren, that one- she points to a filly who looks like a filly pegasus version of Princess Luna Is Nightwing. That one- she points to a filly who looks like a filly unicorn version of Celestia with a pink mane and tail. That one- she points to a unicorn filly with a dark red coat that transitions into a black, Rarity style mane is Obsidian Flare. That one, she points to an energetic, rather large pegasus colt is rolling thunder. That one she points to an Earth pony teenager with a somewhat sickly green coat with no cutie mark Is Broken Scale. That one she points to a male unicorn Is Faith's shield. You've already met Aurora it seems, so I suppose that just leaves me. My name is Anacra. How do you do?"

There are seats set at the table for the new visitors, and even a space cleared for Tweedle. Yeah, it's a big table.
    "Um, good, we're good," said Heart. She wanted to ask if Broken Scale wasn't a mean name to name one's colt, but decided against it.

Tweedle Dee look a little nervous about the dragon roaring, but Dum roars happily back.

Foxglove is visibly balking at the prospect of being in a room, much less a table with, so many people. But she is brave. She is doing the social thing.

"..."

She and Tweedle take their respective places, as her face fades into a complete void where expression goes to die.
    So she decided to focus her attention on Foxglove instead.

"Are you okay?" she asked.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2012-11-18 at 04:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    "Mmm, I kinda like tall, dark and lovely myself," Gearstride said with a wink and bowed. "But it is a pleasure to meet you all."
    "A pleasure to meet you too." Anacra responds.

"..."

The little dragon approaches Foxglove, and gives the closest thing to a purr a dragon can manage.

"Ein appears to like you." Anacra comments.

Godwyn's eyes widen slightly at the mention of Icarus. His composure is near-instantly recovered though, and he gives only a small nod and a faint smile.

Once seated at the table, he looks around at the room full of various youths. "My goodness, quite a family..." he observes with a warm grin. "A pleasure to meet you all. As for ourselves, we are well. I hope you and your household are the same."
    "We are well." The mare says with a smile.

"Um, good, we're good," said Heart. She wanted to ask if Broken Scale wasn't a mean name to name one's colt, but decided against it.
    Broken Scale is actually a filly, not a colt. Will not say any more about her or the name, just thought I'd clear that up.

"Glad to hear you're all well...interesting to see ponies traveling with a Hydra, if you don't mind me saying. Most I've met would prefer to run in fear."

A few of the foals look at the Hydra in awe.

Nightwing is looking at Fox-Glove like she wants to pet him.

Solar Flare (the one who looks like a filly Celestia whose name I apparently didn't write down.) Looks up at Gar in interest.

Broken Scale appears to be examining Godwyn.

Mealtime consists of a few veggies for the ponies, specifically made food for Ein and Tweedle, and Anacra is currently preparing a stew for Godwyn. The drinks consist of milk and/or water.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-11-18 at 04:39 PM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

[COLOR="Navy"]The little dragon approaches Foxglove, and gives the closest thing to a purr a dragon can manage.

"Ein appears to like you." Anacra comments.

Solar Flare (the one who looks like a filly Celestia whose name I apparently didn't write down.) Looks up at Gar in interest.
    Gar looks back at Solar Flare and gave an inquiring screech.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff to hide that Heart wants to pet or hug the dragon: (1d20+4)[13]
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

Foxglove answers Heartflight in a quiet, affectless voice.
    "...Fine."

To the dragon, however, she gives a warmer reception, her smile coming out of hiding. She pets him.

"Well, I like Ein, too. He's just a sweetie, isn't he?"

Tweedle Dee looks unnerved by everyone watching him. Tweedle Dum is scarfing down the food, until Dee notices and begins squabbling with him.

"Boys."

Foxglove interrupts them in a level voice. "...What have I told you?"

"<...Never ride balloons?>" "<The wind doesn't like practical jokes, or anything, really?>"

She nods, and adds,
    "...You have one stomach, so there's enough for all of you."

They eat a bit more peacefully for a few minutes after that.

Fox-Glove is clearly carrying himself a little taller, preening under admiring eyes.

Since the subject of Tweedle came up, as Foxglove pets Ein, she mentions it.

"...We've noticed, Tweedle and Fox-Glove and I... Tweedle's really...very gentle."
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-11-18 at 05:02 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Gar looks back at Solar Flare and gave an inquiring screech.
    Solar Flare continues looking at the Falcon. She holds out her foreleg, clearly hoping he'll land on it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff to hide that Heart wants to pet or hug the dragon: (1d20+6)[7]
    Sense motive
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[7]

Heartflight has successfully tricked a baby dragon into thinking that she does not want to pet it.

The dragon continues putting its attention towards Foxglove.

Foxglove answers Heartflight in a quiet, affectless voice.
    "...Fine."

To the dragon, however, she gives a warmer reception, her smile coming out of hiding. She pets him.

"Well, I like Ein, too. He's just a sweetie, isn't he?"

Tweedle Dee looks unnerved by everyone watching him. Tweedle Dum is scarfing down the food, until Dee notices and begins squabbling with him.

"Boys."

Foxglove interrupts them in a level voice. "...What have I told you?"

"<...Never ride balloons?>" "<The wind doesn't like practical jokes, or anything, really?>"

She nods, and adds,
    "...You have one stomach, so there's enough for all of you."

They eat a bit more peacefully for a few minutes after that.

Fox-Glove is clearly carrying himself a little taller, preening under admiring eyes.

Since the subject of Tweedle came up, as Foxglove pets Ein, she mentions it.

"...We've noticed, Tweedle and Fox-Glove and I... Tweedle's really...very gentle."
    "It's quite admirable that you've been taking care of him." Anacra says, as she continues brewing stew for Godwyn.

She then turns to Heartflight. "You can pet or hug Ein if you want. Trying to hide that you want to is fairly pointless." Anacra says.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-11-18 at 05:53 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

"...W-well, I couldn't leave him...The people the world turns its back on...Those are the ones who need help the most...Also the ones on fire, or maybe on the edge of a cliff, or something. People on the back of the world may be Ok, though....

Foxglove muttered, casting her eyes upward as she petted Ein. She was also very much not fooled.

"He really is sweet..."

She encouraged, since Heart's secret was already blown.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight gave Anacra that tsundere 'gee, thanks for telling everybody /sarcasm' look, then reached over to pet the dragon.

Gar hopped onto Solar Flare's foreleg, giving her an inquiring look.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn smiles politely at Broken Scale. "Hi there." He turns towards them so they can better see the breastplate clasped around the griffin's torso, emblazoned with a stylized heraldic griffin. Best to look heroic and cool for the kids, right?

When Godwyn notices Anacra making him a stew, his eyes widen slightly in surprise. "Oh, you didn't have to make me anything special..." he tells her with a sheepish, modest smile. "I'm quite fine with whatever the others are having."

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Godwyn smiles politely at Broken Scale. "Hi there." He turns towards them so they can better see the breastplate clasped around the griffin's torso, emblazoned with a stylized heraldic griffin. Best to look heroic and cool for the kids, right?
    "How does one become a Paladin?" Broken Scale asks, admiring the shiny breastplate.

When Godwyn notices Anacra making him a stew, his eyes widen slightly in surprise. "Oh, you didn't have to make me anything special..." he tells her with a sheepish, modest smile. "I'm quite fine with whatever the others are having."
    "It's no trouble. What kind of stuff specifically do you like in your stews?" Anacra asks, throwing in various herbs and spices, and a few veggies. "I do have some preserved meat, since Ein likes some every once in a while. I don't know if you eat any, or prefer vegetarian meals." Anacra says, tasting the currently vegetarian stew. "Needs more black pepper."

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn smiles warmly at the filly. "A Paladin is not an official title with set occupational requirements. At least, not anymore. Rather, it is a simply yet important decision one must make on a personal level. You must want to make the world a better place, to be nice and helpful to those in need, to be the very best griffin - or pony - that you can be, to strive towards being a paragon of goodness and strong character, and most of all, you have to be willing to put the needs of all others above your own, no matter the cost to yourself," he explains to her in a wise, sagely manner. His beak curls into a small, playful smile. "The colorful band of traveling companions is optional."

Godwyn then turns to smile politely at Anarca. "I have no specific preferences for ingredients, and I am fine with a vegetarian meal." No sense in taking little Ein's provisions, and eating a carnivorous meal in front of a bunch of ponies seemed... impolite.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Godwyn smiles warmly at the filly. "A Paladin is not an official title with set occupational requirements. At least, not anymore. Rather, it is a simply yet important decision one must make on a personal level. You must want to make the world a better place, to be nice and helpful to those in need, to be the very best griffin - or pony - that you can be, to strive towards being a paragon of goodness and strong character, and most of all, you have to be willing to put the needs of all others above your own, no matter the cost to yourself," he explains to her in a wise, sagely manner. His beak curls into a small, playful smile. "The colorful band of traveling companions is optional."
    "I'll keep that in mind, thank you sir." Broken Scale responds.
    Godwyn then turns to smile politely at Anarca. "I have no specific preferences for ingredients, and I am fine with a vegetarian meal." No sense in taking little Ein's provisions, and eating a carnivorous meal in front of a bunch of ponies seemed... impolite.
    "Alright. Should be done in a few moments then." she throws a little more seasoning into the mix, pours it into a bowl, and sets it in front of Godwyn.

Solar Flare

Solar Flare decided to pet Gar as gently as possible.

"I like birds." she says, kind of mispronouncing the 'r' as little foals do sometimes.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Solar Flare

Solar Flare decided to pet Gar as gently as possible.

"I like birds." she says, kind of mispronouncing the 'r' as little foals do sometimes.
    "Yeah, birds are pretty cool," said Heart, fluttering her wings a bit.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Why? Aspiring to be a Paladin yourself one day, perhaps?" Godwyn asks Broken Scale with a warm smile.

He nods respectfully to Anacra. "My thanks, m'lady." He takes a bite of the soup, and whether or not it actually tastes good, he gives the mare a smile of enjoyment.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

"Why? Aspiring to be a Paladin yourself one day, perhaps?" Godwyn asks Broken Scale with a warm smile.
    "Was hoping to do something with my life one day, and that sounds about as good as anything." Broken Scale says.

He nods respectfully to Anacra. "My thanks, m'lady." He takes a bite of the soup, and whether or not it actually tastes good, he gives the mare a smile of enjoyment.
    It does in fact taste good. Anacra, who now sits down to politely eat her own meal, is definitely no slouch when it comes to cooking.

"Yeah, birds are pretty cool," said Heart, fluttering her wings a bit.
    "I think I saw a Phoenix once. She was pwetty." the little foal says, and continues gently petting Gar. "What does he eat?" She asks.

"Troublesome foals like you." Obsidian Flare says.

"Does not!"

"Girls, we have guests, can we please save these kinds of arguments for when they're gone?" Anacra asks somewhat sternly.

"Yes mommy." the two foals say in response.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-11-18 at 09:30 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn looks up from his stew to smile at Broken Scale. "Well now. Wanting to do something with your life is an admirable aspiration, indeed. Motivation and drive are excellent traits to have, compared to the complacency or laziness. But I feel I should warn you, while being a Paladin can be a rewarding experience, it is not an easy life. Sometimes it can be very dangerous. Sometimes it can be quite challenging. And sometimes," he leans in and smiles wryly, "Between you and me, it can be kinda boring."

He's not trying to discourage her from being a Paladin. But he wants her to realize it's not all heroic awesomeness, and that it's a life decision not made lightly.

He takes another bite of stew, before raising a curious eyebrow at Broken Scale. "How much do you know about Paladins, out of curiosity? Besides what I have told you, of course..."

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

"I think I saw a Phoenix once. She was pwetty." the little foal says, and continues gently petting Gar. "What does he eat?" She asks.

"Troublesome foals like you." Obsidian Flare says.

"Does not!"

"Girls, we have guests, can we please save these kinds of arguments for when they're gone?" Anacra asks somewhat sternly.

"Yes mommy." the two foals say in response.
    Foxglove eats her food quiety, but does respond to the topic of the food,

"Oh, a bird Gar's size could really only eat you .... if you were already dead and he were picking.... small pieces of flesh from your corpse... or maybe some nutrient-rich entrails...But in Equestria, most birds don't concern themselves with scavenging."

Foxglove said, ignoring concerns like 'what makes for good conversation over food' or 'what doesn't make you sound kind of creepy'
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

and Gearstride was there, doing something I'm sure.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Godwyn looks up from his stew to smile at Broken Scale. "Well now. Wanting to do something with your life is an admirable aspiration, indeed. Motivation and drive are excellent traits to have, compared to the complacency or laziness. But I feel I should warn you, while being a Paladin can be a rewarding experience, it is not an easy life. Sometimes it can be very dangerous. Sometimes it can be quite challenging. And sometimes," he leans in and smiles wryly, "Between you and me, it can be kinda boring."

He's not trying to discourage her from being a Paladin. But he wants her to realize it's not all heroic awesomeness, and that it's a life decision not made lightly.

He takes another bite of stew, before raising a curious eyebrow at Broken Scale. "How much do you know about Paladins, out of curiosity? Besides what I have told you, of course..."
    "Do you want the short version or the long version?" Broken Scale asks.

Foxglove eats her food quiety, but does respond to the topic of the food,

"Oh, a bird Gar's size could really only eat you .... if you were already dead and he were picking.... small pieces of flesh from your corpse... or maybe some nutrient-rich entrails...But in Equestria, most birds don't concern themselves with scavenging."

Foxglove said, ignoring concerns like 'what makes for good conversation over food' or 'what doesn't make you sound kind of creepy'
    Cue everypony in the room other than Anacra being horrified. Dragon isn't either, but that's because it doesn't really understand what Foxglove said.

and Gearstride was there, doing something I'm sure.
    Obsidian Flare goes over to Gearstride and pokes her.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn looks up from his stew and smiles politely at Broken Scale. "Either will suffice. Whichever you prefer."

That smile becomes slightly strained and forced when Foxglove starts talking about entrails and carrion in front of the children, and at the dinner table no less, but he manages to maintain his appearance of kind etiquette. Barely.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Godwyn looks up from his stew and smiles politely at Broken Scale. "Either will suffice. Whichever you prefer."

That smile becomes slightly strained and forced when Foxglove starts talking about entrails and carrion in front of the children, and at the dinner table no less, but he manages to maintain his appearance of kind etiquette. Barely.
    Scale is clearly trying to avoid that big pile of Awkward as she responds to Godwyn.

"Where there is no third option, you create one. You find the way in the darkness. Where there is no hope, you bring hope, because you are a paladin, and giving up is incomprehensible. When people say "someone should do something about this," that someone is you. And sometimes all you can do is apologize, that everything you had within you wasn't quite enough." BRoken Scale says, summing up her own view as well as she can.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

Gearstride poked Obsidian Flare back and cocked a brow and smirked.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Gearstride poked Obsidian Flare back and cocked a brow and smirked.
    "You're pretty." Obsidian Flare said, and poked back back.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

"You're pretty." Obsidian Flare said, and poked back back.

"Well you have a good eye, you're a little pretty pie yourself,"
    She said playfully and poked her back.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

"Well you have a good eye, you're a little pretty pie yourself,"
    She said playfully and poked her back.
    "You probably have a special somepony, don't you?" Flare says, and pokes back again.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

"You probably have a special somepony, don't you?" Flare says, and pokes back again.

"Mmm....not exactly. I don't have so much as a special somepony as opposed to part time special someponies.

"I haven't really met that one pony to really call my special somepony,"
    She said with a small smile and poked the filly back. She probably wouldn't be that good at keeping that special somepony anyway.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

"Mmm....not exactly. I don't have so much as a special somepony as opposed to part time special someponies.

"I haven't really met that one pony to really call my special somepony,"
    She said with a small smile and poked the filly back. She probably wouldn't be that good at keeping that special somepony anyway.
    "Aww, why not? You seem like a nice pony, and you're pretty." Obsidian Flare responds, and once again pokes Gearstride.