New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Adventures in Equestria IC.

Godwyn's expression becomes one of mild horror and "oh crap what have I done" as he accidentally helps bring the necromancer to the verge of tears. He also does a double-take at Aurora - specifically the raven - before looking back at the necromancer and wincing.

"Oh, no no no, not... not what I meant..." he says apologetically, raising his right talons in a supplicative, "calm down" gesture. "I... You... Oh dear. My apologies, I misinterpreted your thanks..." he quietly says, looking rather guilt-ridden. "Sincerely, I apologize. Not at all my intention. I am so sorry. I just thought... clarity... more direct... communication... oh dear..." he mutters weakly, his shoulders slumping and his wings drooping.

Even if they're a necromancer, Godwyn feels absolutely horrible about making anyone upset, especially to the point they cry...
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Troll in the Playground

Foxglove tenatively hugged the necromancer. Sadly, Foxglove really can't concern herself with much beyond the emotional need in the situation.

Of course, then the part of her brain that reminded her of things reminded her that technically, they had never been introduced. She let go and backed up sheepishly.
    "...Sorry...Ummm...Who was that? Is what he meant. I think."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Godwyn's expression becomes one of mild horror and "oh crap what have I done" as he accidentally helps bring the necromancer to the verge of tears. He also does a double-take at Aurora - specifically the raven - before looking back at the necromancer and wincing.

"Oh, no no no, not... not what I meant..." he says apologetically, raising his right talons in a supplicative, "calm down" gesture. "I... You... Oh dear. My apologies, I misinterpreted your thanks..." he quietly says, looking rather guilt-ridden. "Sincerely, I apologize. Not at all my intention. I am so sorry. I just thought... clarity... more direct... communication... oh dear..." he mutters weakly, his shoulders slumping and his wings drooping.

Even if they're a necromancer, Godwyn feels absolutely horrible about making anyone upset, especially to the point they cry...
    The Paladin seems to console the Necromancer a little, and the hug helps a lot.

"Thanks..." Silent Night says. "...Why are you even here?" she asks, looking befuddled.

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Foxglove tenatively hugged the necromancer. Sadly, Foxglove really can't concern herself with much beyond the emotional need in the situation.

Of course, then the part of her brain that reminded her of things reminded her that technically, they had never been introduced. She let go and backed up sheepishly.
    "...Sorry...Ummm...Who was that? Is what he meant. I think."
    "I don't really feel like talking about it right now..." She says.

"Do you want the short version or the long version?" Aurora asks. The Raven caws again. "By the way, everpony, say hi to Edgar." She says, and the Raven does a little bow.

Neither the Necromancer nor the dragon responds.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-12-16 at 07:28 PM.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight just facehoofed, a little overwhelmed with everything that was happening now. She dealt with mindless creature, like manticores and automatons. Not ... whatever this was.

"Can somepony just ... please explain what in the name of Celestia's mane stylist is going on here?" she asked tiredly.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #365
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn gives a nod to the bowing raven, before raising an eyebrow. He does a quick look around the room, trying to see how or what is still in the cavern with them.

He then does another quick look around - this time with a faint glow in his eyes, his irises shifting from amber to silvery blue for a few seconds. The glow quickly fades, and he returns his attention to the dialogue being exchanged.

Spoiler
    Show

Detect Evil on the whole damn room. I want to know who is what once and for all, party members included.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Heartflight just facehoofed, a little overwhelmed with everything that was happening now. She dealt with mindless creature, like manticores and automatons. Not ... whatever this was.

"Can somepony just ... please explain what in the name of Celestia's mane stylist is going on here?" she asked tiredly.
    "You were convinced by somepony you thought was a mare named Anacra to go to a cave to attempt to save her necromancer daughter. In reality, Silent Night is unrelated, at least biologically. Anacra is the insane fourteen foot tall...thing you just fought."

Okay, something is seriously wrong, because neither Pale Night nor the dragon are reacting to this mare being in the room at all, or anything she's saying.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-12-17 at 12:33 AM.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Troll in the Playground

"...So if she's not her and she's only a little bit like she...Am I me? I'm not acting like I usually do, so maybe I woke up and was someone else this morning..."

Foxglove mumbled, halfway to the unacknowledged pony, and halfway to just in general.

"Anyway, you're probably not you, either, since you're from the same place. Since we probably don't exist, you and I, we should visit the stars, since I don't think all of them exist as much as we think they do, either. It will be a festival of questionable reality."

Foxglove resolved herself with this situation...By assuming she and everyone around her was some sort of illusion.

"I rather hope I never existed...Otherwise..."

She was almost about to say someone would miss her...But this was probably not so. She smiled an odd and distant little smile.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-12-17 at 12:17 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

8. - Top - End - #368
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    The dragon turned itself into a pony, who looked kind of odd. It's basically impossible to tell whether they're a mare or a stallion. They've got a white body and a silver mane and tail.

"How's this?" They ask. They also don't seem to register that Aurora is there, though they're more focused on Gearstride.

"Oh my...two heads...two mouths...two...lips."
    Gearstride's mouth curled into a grin. "Its very nice."

Also, for funsies, Godwyn's detect evil will pick up on Gearstride's naughty intentions. ;D j/k

9. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn finishes his quick scan of everypony in the cavern.

And quickly twists his head to look directly at Aurora with very wide and mildly horrified eyes. "Bwuh?" he derps, his beak dropping open slightly in stunned confusion. "You... But you..." The paladin takes a step back, and runs his talons through his the plumage atop his head, as a pony would rub their mane in an attempt to focus or calm down. "Oh Icarus, what have I gotten myself into..." he mutters to himself, continuing to rake his feathers as he processes the situation around him. "Umm..."

He quickly takes a deep breath, holds up his talons in a "stop" gesture, and exhales. "Okay, wait. Hang on," he states flatly, pinching the bridge of his beak. "Give me a moment to figure this out. But first..."

He turns to Foxglove and smiles pleasantly. "Miss Foxglove, I can assure you that you are indeed real, and that everypony in this room is indeed real as well. Also, I am sorry to hear you say that you rather hope you never existed, as I am quite happy you have existed, as I enjoy your company and your assistance. Now, back to the matters at... what is it you ponies say, at hoof?" he asks, raising a feathered brow in mild confusion. "No matter," he shakes his head. "The point is, we seem to have been tricked into staggering blindly into a situation beyond what we were expecting."

"Miss Night, I believe it is?" he asks, turning his attention back to the necromancer. He smiles politely at her, his amber eyes showing genuine concern and empathy. "I apologize for my previous abrasiveness. But, if you don't mind my asking, why are you here in this cavern, exactly?"

10. - Top - End - #370
    Titan in the Playground

"I'd been informed there was a mural here that might be relevant to my interests. The mural in question is in the main room, and frankly, is a little disturbing. There's a lot of writing around it, but it appears to be in a rather obscure language. I've only been able to translate a few lines so far. And yes, I've tried a Comprehend languages spell, it doesn't seem to work." Silent Night responds.

The dragon who turned into a two-headed pony doesn't really say anything, it just blushes.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-12-17 at 03:22 PM.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Troll in the Playground

Gearstride grinned at the double blushing. Indeed she did not see a pony having two heads as something freaky. Nope, in fact it was pretty darn awesome in regards to some of its.....applications. She bit down on her bottom pony lip, her imagination taking off.

Then reality kicked in! She listened to the words of necromancer and furrowed her brows. She then turned back to the dragon pony.

"Hey...you two...what do you know about that mural or rather....anything about that behemoth mare's plans?"
    She asked and sidled up to them, flicking her tail softly at their side. "I promise you...cutie pies, I won't snitch you out to nobody. I swear it on the fact that hot pony kisses are delicious." She made sure to add a purring intonation to the last word.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-12-18 at 03:40 AM.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight, tired though she was, found the energy for one last remark. "Bwuh? B-But ... you're the one who led us to her! How did you not know?! ....Or are you a spy and actually a raven in disguise?" she added dryly, clearly not actually believing the last part.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

13. - Top - End - #373
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn tunes out Gearstride. He doesn't want to acknowledge anything happening over in that section of the cavern. No thank you!

And then Heartflight starts in on Aroura. The griffin closes his eyes, and raises his talons to pinch the bridge of his nose. He really doesn't need this right now. "Please, child, mind your tongue," Godwyn takes flatly. "You would be wise to show her respect, if not for the assistance she offers, then for her nature," he warns Heart, while giving Aroura a very knowing look.

He returns his attention to Silent Night, and smiles apologetically. "I apologize; you seem to be unable to see or hear one of the ponies in this room. It seems that we have been misled regarding who you are, and what your activities here have been. You do not seem insane, and you are certainly not evil. The necromancy is worrisome, but not my biggest concern right now. At any rate, the mare who sent us to 'help' you was using an assumed name, or something of that sort. Curious. So... Hmm..." Godwyn ponders for a moment, trying to determine how to best ask about this. "Well, to be blunt, do you know a mare who loves in a nice little hovel? Lots of kids? Makes a really good stew?"

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

And then Heartflight starts in on Aroura. The griffin closes his eyes, and raises his talons to pinch the bridge of his nose. He really doesn't need this right now. "Please, child, mind your tongue," Godwyn takes flatly. "You would be wise to show her respect, if not for the assistance she offers, then for her nature," he warns Heart, while giving Aroura a very knowing look.
    Heart just stuck her hoof in the griffon's mouth...beak. "Can it, Godwyn," she said irritably. "I am exhausted, I'm confused all to Tartarus, and I'm a little bit pissed off at the world right now. Capiche?
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2012-12-18 at 04:31 AM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

15. - Top - End - #375
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Gearstride grinned at the double blushing. Indeed she did not see a pony having two heads as something freaky. Nope, in fact it was pretty darn awesome in regards to some of its.....applications. She bit down on her bottom pony lip, her imagination taking off.

Then reality kicked in! She listened to the words of necromancer and furrowed her brows. She then turned back to the dragon pony.

"Hey...you two...what do you know about that mural or rather....anything about that behemoth mare's plans?"
    She asked and sidled up to them, flicking her tail softly at their side. "I promise you...cutie pies, I won't snitch you out to nobody. I swear it on the fact that hot pony kisses are delicious." She made sure to add a purring intonation to the last word.

"We don't know. She never told us her plans, and we've never heard about this mural." Given that this dragon isn't very bright, there's probably a good reason why.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Heartflight, tired though she was, found the energy for one last remark. "Bwuh? B-But ... you're the one who led us to her! How did you not know?! ....Or are you a spy and actually a raven in disguise?" she added dryly, clearly not actually believing the last part.

"When did I say that I didn't know? And that may or may not have been Anacra. Also, no, I'm not a raven in disguise, and I don't exactly work for Anacra, even if Edgar's brother does."

Godwyn tunes out Gearstride. He doesn't want to acknowledge anything happening over in that section of the cavern. No thank you!

And then Heartflight starts in on Aurora. The griffin closes his eyes, and raises his talons to pinch the bridge of his nose. He really doesn't need this right now. "Please, child, mind your tongue," Godwyn takes flatly. "You would be wise to show her respect, if not for the assistance she offers, then for her nature," he warns Heart, while giving Aroura a very knowing look.
    "Quite a resourceful little Paladin, aren't you?"
    He returns his attention to Silent Night, and smiles apologetically. "I apologize; you seem to be unable to see or hear one of the ponies in this room. It seems that we have been misled regarding who you are, and what your activities here have been. You do not seem insane, and you are certainly not evil. The necromancy is worrisome, but not my biggest concern right now. At any rate, the mare who sent us to 'help' you was using an assumed name, or something of that sort. Curious. So... Hmm..." Godwyn ponders for a moment, trying to determine how to best ask about this. "Well, to be blunt, do you know a mare who loves in a nice little hovel? Lots of kids? Makes a really good stew?"
    "...Kinda sounds like my mom before she turned into that. What did the kids look like?" Silent Night asked Godwyn.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Troll in the Playground

Foxglove had spent several minutes mumbling about her own non-existence, working out its terms and conditions...And then caught Godwyn's little comment about wanting her to exist, which stopped her cold. That sort of thing wanted contemplation... But there was discussion of other things happening now, so that'd have to wait.

"...What if that was the truth, but it was the truth of another time? Like the ghost of a world that died a long time ago, limping along..."

Foxglove looked very sad, picturing that scene.

"Wanting the people who lived there to come home to it, to step into the shadows of who they once were..."

This was the sort of thing Foxglove very much believed was possible, even if it was just more mad ramblings.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-12-18 at 09:38 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

17. - Top - End - #377
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn glares daggers at Heartflight, and bristles at her insolence. However, he says nothing to her when she removes her hoof, instead opting to look back over to Aurora. "Go easy on her," he flatly tells her.

He then returns his attention to Silent Night and Foxglove. "The kids? There were several. There was a silver wyrmling named Ein, two that looked similar to the twin Princesses... I distinctly recall a rather precocious green filly named Broken Scale, who was rather interested in Paladins," he explains.

Foxglove's musings give him pause. "Actually..." he frowns, "Perhaps that is the case? The mare claiming to be 'Anacra' desired for us to bring you back to her home. If this mare was indeed a 'shadow' of Anacra, or if this 'new' Anacra is a 'shadow' of who she once was... I shudder to think of what her true plans for you may have been. Stepping into the shadows, indeed..." he scowls.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

He then returns his attention to Silent Night and Foxglove. "The kids? There were several. There was a silver wyrmling named Ein, two that looked similar to the twin Princesses... I distinctly recall a rather precocious green filly named Broken Scale, who was rather interested in Paladins," he explains.
    "...Broken Scale?....Wait, you saw two that were similar to the princesses...and you met a wyrmling named Ein? What the **** did you have to do to pull that off?" Silent Night says, looking utterly Flabbergasted.

"Oh, you four have met Grandpa Ein!" the two headed dragon pony thing says to the PCs.

Foxglove's musings give him pause. "Actually..." he frowns, "Perhaps that is the case? The mare claiming to be 'Anacra' desired for us to bring you back to her home. If this mare was indeed a 'shadow' of Anacra, or if this 'new' Anacra is a 'shadow' of who she once was... I shudder to think of what her true plans for you may have been. Stepping into the shadows, indeed..." he scowls.
    "...Well, if what you're saying is true, then you actually did meet Anacra...from about 2,500 years ago." Silent Night says to Godwyn.

Aurora puts on a rather trollish, almost creepy grin.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Troll in the Playground

Foxglove took this in. On the other hoof, her theory approached something resembling a very slant correctness. On the other hoof, this meant several things.

"...Hey, guys... Who has that ring?"

Foxglove asked, trying to remember where it had went.

"When the past gives you a ring, it's usually important."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight just stood there for a moment, flabbergasted, before giving Aurora a 'look'.

"That's it, I'm taking a nap," she said. "Call me when the crazy stops."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

21. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn blinks a few times, processing this information. "Two... thousand... what..." he mutters in stunned confusion.

After a moment, the Paladin recovers his wits, and narrows his eyes. "What do you mean met them from 2,500 years ago? If that is Anacra now, when did her transformation happen, and where are the children? What happened to them?"

He turns to the two-headed dragon. "Ein is your grandfather? The one you spoke of earlier, whom you did not wish to anger? That's... ominous..."

Oh, and the ring.

Godwyn looses his left talons up, and allows the ring to drop from being sandwiched between his palm and the handle of his shield. He catches the ring in his right palm, and holds it up for Foxglove and Silent Night to see. "Does this have any significance to you?" he warily asks the necromancer.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

Godwyn blinks a few times, processing this information. "Two... thousand... what..." he mutters in stunned confusion.

After a moment, the Paladin recovers his wits, and narrows his eyes. "What do you mean met them from 2,500 years ago? If that is Anacra now, when did her transformation happen, and where are the children? What happened to them?"
    "Her transformation happened a few years ago. The two ponies you mentioned look like the princesses? Those WERE the princesses. Judging by the fact you met them, Broken Scale, and Ein, I'm guessing you met Rolling Thunder, Obsidian Flare and Faith's Shield too? They were all pretty much the same age, so here's what happened to them. Solar Flare became Celestia. Nightwing Became Luna. Rolling Thunder became Discord. Faith's Shield became Lord Sombra. Obsidian Flare became immortal and is extremely loyal to Anacra even when she's like this, along with Ein. Broken Scale became Queen Chrysalis."Silent Night said in an exposition dump.

He turns to the two-headed dragon. "Ein is your grandfather? The one you spoke of earlier, whom you did not wish to anger? That's... ominous..."
    "He's a Great Wyrm Silver Dragon. Of course you don't want to anger him. It'd be like Angering Celestia." Silent Night says.

Oh, and the ring.

Godwyn looses his left talons up, and allows the ring to drop from being sandwiched between his palm and the handle of his shield. He catches the ring in his right palm, and holds it up for Foxglove and Silent Night to see. "Does this have any significance to you?" he warily asks the necromancer.
    "...Looks odd, but no, it has no real significance to me. Have you put it on to see what it does, or tried to identify it?" Silent Night asked.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Troll in the Playground

Needle Scratch.

"Wait what?.....Okay...I feel lost now and who is King Sombra? Is he from Mexicolt? Anyways, whatever. That doesn't even make sense. If that's them...How? How and why?"
    Gearstride asked dropping into serious business mode, with the odd look of someone who looked serious, i.e Godwyn.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Needle Scratch.

"Wait what?.....Okay...I feel lost now and who is King Sombra? Is he from Mexicolt? Anyways, whatever. That doesn't even make sense. If that's them...How? How and why?"
    Gearstride asked dropping into serious business mode, with the odd look of someone who looked serious, i.e Godwyn.
    "I only have second or third hand knowledge regarding the ones besides Celestia and Luna. When one becomes a god, like Discord did, and it goes wrong, it apparently goes REALLY wrong. You can become completely FUBAR.

King Sombra is pretty obscure, so I'm surprised you haven't heard of him. Put simply, power tends to corrupt. I'm not sure what happened to him. I think he's dead.

Broken Scale...basically, she tried her best to be a paladin, got in over her head, and an evil wizard mutated her into what she is now. I don't know, and I don't want to know where the rest of the changelings came from. As I said before, power can corrupt, and in her case, I think the mutation made her at least slightly not right in the head, which didn't help. I'm not sure whether or not there's any part of her left that remembers what she used to be, or desires to ever be that again...possibly, but it would require a pretty darn significant catalyst.

All I really know about Eingefroren is that he's a dragon, so he's absurdly long-lived. Obsidian Flare on the other hoof found some sort of artifact that made her immortal. I think it's some sort of necklace. That's basically the extent of what I know or can even speculate on."

25. - Top - End - #385
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

At the revelation of who, or rather what, the foals and wyrmling grew up to be, Godwyn's mind reels, and his shoulders and wings visibly slump. "Oh... Oh dear..." he mutters softly, looking like he's been punched in the stomach. "They..."

And then things get worse, Silent Night goes into more detail about the fates of Faith's Shield and what supposedly happened to Broken Scale. Closing his eyes, the griffin clenches his right talons into a fist, and brings it up to his forehead to ponder thoughtfully. "Sombra... He's dead. Well, supposedly..." he quietly observes. "If the reports from the Crystal Empire a few years ago are to be believed, at least." Being a Paladin meant keeping up with major news and rumors of threats and evil happenings. An entire city being attacked by shadow-demon-thing? Yeah, you can bet he's heard about that.

But the Broken Scale thing... That weighs heavily on Godwyn, if this information is to be believed.

Godwyn turns to fix Aurora with an unwavering stare. "We were really there, weren't we?" he asks her in an even, measured voice. "This ring would not be in my hand if it were naught more than a dream-vision. So tell me, if you can..." he closes his eyes, and takes a deep breath to steady himself and gather his thoughts, before reopening his eyes. "What difference did we make? Specifically... what did I do? What weight did my words have to Broken Scale, and her path to becoming a Paladin? What...?" his voice trails off, and he sighs.

"What have I done?" Godwyn quietly mutters to himself, before turning back to Silent Night and frowning. "The ring is supposed to have a magic dampening enchantment on it. However, I am not sure-" he pauses, before narrowing his eyes at Silent Night. "Wait, why are you still here? If Anacra sent us to find you 2,500 years ago....... how are you here?"

Time travel hurts the poor birdie's brain...

26. - Top - End - #386
    Troll in the Playground

Foxglove seemed mostly unalarmed about this. After all, she knew what it was to make a choice because of the kind words of a stranger that she only met once... The choice had been hers, the destiny was hers. Him waiting for her didn't change anything; his words would have been worthless without her. So...If she said anything to influence their fates, it was them who made their fate. Or, in poor Broken Scale's case, an evil Wizard. Whatevs.

On the other hand, she knew also what it was like to leave parts of herself behind forever, to leave them waiting like ghosts, and wasn't ready to rule that out yet.

"Or the Anacra of 2,500 years ago asked us to find her today. After all...We were teleported into that scene from the past, sure...But there was no magical effect for us walking *out*. If we just teleported in, we'd still be then."

She gave this matter some thought, tilting her hed this way abd that.

"Besides..."

Foxglove looked at the necromancer, whose story had not been a part of those stories, who sounded in some way like she was not quite a part of this group. "They were all close in age," or something like that.

"How old are you, anyway?"
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-12-19 at 09:20 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post

"Or the Anacra of 2,500 years ago asked us to find her today. After all...We were teleported into that scene from the past, sure...But there was no magical effect for us walking *out*. If we just teleported in, we'd still be then."

She gave this matter some thought, tilting her head this way and that.

"Besides..."

Foxglove looked at the necromancer, whose story had not been a part of those stories, who sounded in some way like she was not quite a part of this group. "They were all close in age," or something like that.

"How old are you, anyway?"
    "Only 24." The Necromancer said to Foxglove.

They hear a roar from somewhere earlier in the cave.

"Alright, alright, I'm 27." She says.

The roar is heard again.

"...28."

And again.

"...Alright, I'm 32."

Whatever it was seems placated by that answer.

At the revelation of who, or rather what, the foals and wyrmling grew up to be, Godwyn's mind reels, and his shoulders and wings visibly slump. "Oh... Oh dear..." he mutters softly, looking like he's been punched in the stomach. "They..."

And then things get worse, Silent Night goes into more detail about the fates of Faith's Shield and what supposedly happened to Broken Scale. Closing his eyes, the griffin clenches his right talons into a fist, and brings it up to his forehead to ponder thoughtfully. "Sombra... He's dead. Well, supposedly..." he quietly observes. "If the reports from the Crystal Empire a few years ago are to be believed, at least." Being a Paladin meant keeping up with major news and rumors of threats and evil happenings. An entire city being attacked by shadow-demon-thing? Yeah, you can bet he's heard about that.

But the Broken Scale thing... That weighs heavily on Godwyn, if this information is to be believed.

Godwyn turns to fix Aurora with an unwavering stare. "We were really there, weren't we?" he asks her in an even, measured voice. "This ring would not be in my hand if it were naught more than a dream-vision. So tell me, if you can..." he closes his eyes, and takes a deep breath to steady himself and gather his thoughts, before reopening his eyes. "What difference did we make? Specifically... what did I do? What weight did my words have to Broken Scale, and her path to becoming a Paladin? What...?" his voice trails off, and he sighs.
    "Yes. Your words changed the course of Broken Scale's life. Your words not only motivated her to be a paladin, but your entire speech...well, you succeeded in convincing her to never give up, and she never did. And she basically paid the ultimate price for it. There may be some shard of Broken Scale left in her that you could appeal to..."

"What have I done?" Godwyn quietly mutters to himself, before turning back to Silent Night and frowning. "The ring is supposed to have a magic dampening enchantment on it. However, I am not sure-" he pauses, before narrowing his eyes at Silent Night. "Wait, why are you still here? If Anacra sent us to find you 2,500 years ago....... how are you here?"

Time travel hurts the poor birdie's brain...
    "...I don't know. I don't know how she would have sent you to find me, because I wasn't there, and I don't know of anypony named Silent Night who was."

"Well, I believe I've worn out my welcome. I think it's time I move along." Aurora says, and disappears before anything else happens.

"...So, are you all crazy or something?" The dragon asks, backing away from the group.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Troll in the Playground

"That's why I'm not sure...We were then. I think they, or some lost part of them, were now. Somehow..."

Foxglove gave the dragon a look that was long, slow, and calm.

"....I can't speak for them; they seem pretty sane. Anyway, I must be mad, or I wouldn't have come here."

She answered. She gave something else a thought.

"Hey, do you know someone named Aurora?"
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-12-19 at 09:58 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn raises a curious - and slightly dubious - eyebrow at Silent Night as she reveals her (supposed) age.

And then Aurora tells him his role in Equestrian history. Needless to say, the Paladin looks like somepony just sucker punched him right in the stomach. And the heart. Right ventricle, specifically.

And then she bails!

"Hey wait!" Godwyn squawks, eyes going wide in surprise. "Come back! None of this makes any sense!"

Realizing his complaints are falling on deaf/nonexistent ears, the Paladin lets out an annoyed growl. "You know, I thought angels were supposed to be helpful..." he grumbles in irritation.

With a groan of exasperation, the griffin turns his attention back towards Silent Night with slumped shoulders and a deadpan expression. He's clearly growing tired of this. "Does the name Thorngrave have any meaning to you?" he flatly asks. "'Anacra' told us that's what you'd started calling yourself, due to something called Cutie Mark Insanity Syndrome, or whatever. She said it's... the same thing... Luna......."

Godwyn's posture goes rigid. "Wait, if that was Anacra from 2,500 years ago... then she knew Luna would eventually become Nightmare Moon... 1000 years later..." the Paladin observes, a look of deep contemplation on his feathery face. "Which... means she could see the future. Which means she... wasn't sending us to find you THEN..." he muses, swinging his talons to the left, "But rather, she was sending us to find you NOW..." he states, swinging his talons back to the right. "So she knowingly sent us into the future. I think. To stop you. Or to stop herself. Or both."

Godwyn blinks a few times, before closing his eyes lightly bonking his fist against his forehead a few times. "Time travels hurts my brain..."

30. - Top - End - #390
    Troll in the Playground

Foxglove considered this. Godwyn was, in general, not looking good. She walked up to his side and began pushing him forward.

This did not work, as he is a big strong armored Griffon and she is a weak little unicorn. She pushed futilely up against him for a while, before adding,

"...Maybe we should go outside. That'll make you feel better."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)